• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fav. POKeMON!

joshisrad

Smash Lord
Kabutops.
Honorable mention goes to Mewtwo and Moltres.

I've only played Blue, Yellow, and Gold, and quit Gold when I tried duplicating my Ho-Oh and failed, deleting it. I had all the cool things like Entei and the dogs, Lugia, all the legendary stuff from blue transferred over, etc. Didn't bother with more common pokemon so I haven't exactly the finest knowledge as to the rest on Gold. But from what I've seen, Kabutops is the most rad.
(also, I just recently started Blue over again =D)

Khanczar

Smash Ace
sorry to use you as an example, smashman, but I don't like people that choose the pokemon like that... what I mean by 'like that' is basically all the pokes you just said. Some more would be dragonite,machamp, ho-oh, mew, alakazam...

I had a friend (who doesn't know a lot about pokemon) tell me that His all time most favorite pokes were dragonite, tyranitar, kingdra, salamence, and gengar. I stared at him blankly, and eventually said: "dude... be FKUKIN original!"

For said reason above (to be original and choose wisely) I don't have a definite favorite pokemon, and have been deliberating over it for quite some time >.<

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Um... he doesn't have to be original if those truely are his favorites. Maybe he just likes tough, powerful pokemon. I however, like cute ones like cubone. :love:

Khanczar

Smash Ace
Tough pokemon would be blissey, snorlax, umbreon, wobbuffet (whom is an uber, mind you) heracross, scizor, jumpluff, jolteon, etc. With the exception of scizor and snorlax, none are especially popular (like dragonite/tyranitar)

joshisrad

Smash Lord
Um, what's the deal? He's entitled to his own favorites. Mewtwo is one of my favorites, and I happen to think he's pretty darn rad. Who cares if everyone likes him? You don't have a favorite pokemon yet? I find that hard to believe. Surely you have to have one you like best, unless you appreciate them all equally, in which case I don't think you'd ever have a favorite. But from what it sounds like, you're just trying to pick a cool one that most people don't think of in an attempt to be unique, which in the long run makes you a major tool. :\ No offense, but seriously.

Khanczar

Smash Ace
Well... I've had lots of 'favorites'. From nidoking to pidgeot, to umbreon to jumpluff, hitmonlee, scizor, alakazam, rhydon, charizard, blastoise, sneasel, marowak, missingno, mewtwo... Ive basically given up on finding ONE favorite.

I'm just saying to be original. I mean, If i were to ask him why he said dragonite and he just said "becasue its cool," I would think he just chose it on a whim. If he said something like:

"Dragonite fits me perfectly. It is said to be very passive, like me, except in time of battle. Dragonite really shines there. He had the highest attack stat in RBY tied with machamp, and is till a formidable force. He was the first pokemon I ever got to lvl 100 as well, and I sort of feel like I know him personally in some way..."

Well, hot dam, stereotyped or not stereotyped, that would be enough reason for me

joshisrad

Smash Lord
Kabutops is my favorite, because he looks cool. That's all that matters to me for that Pokemon. I don't see what the problem is.

Kochiha

Smash Journeyman
Gardevoir is my favorite for two reasons. First, it's basically Alakazam without the health handicap, a good source of power.
Secondly, it's because of this thing I'm writing. That's the main reason. If it weren't for that, Mewtwo would be at the top. It's VERY, VERY, VERY, close nonetheless.

Khanczar

Smash Ace
I suppose whats getting me about this is the reasoning. If there is good reasoning, like kochiha's, then I dont care.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Reasoning that isn't random. "I like Pikachu because it's the main pokemon in he manga." LAME!

My reason for liking Cubone so much is because not only is he cute, he looks like he could take on a ten foot body builder. He's so awesome with the skull mask and club.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
Random reasoning would be choosing a random pokemon. That's quite a unique reason you have come up with, because people with such a mindset as is being discussed often stray from Pikachu for that reason. I think Kabutops is very aesthetically pleasing. How is that random?

Kochiha

Smash Journeyman
But that's just out of the fossils. It doesn't come CLOSE to anything Psychic. Well, it's definitely above Mew (but what isn't), and I'm pretty sure it beats out the Medis.

Khanczar

Smash Ace
One pokemon that just annoys the crap out of me is ninjask...

For something called the 'ninja' pokemon, this thing is one of the worst ninjas ever!! It may have the stats and movelists of a ninja-ish poke, but who in their right mind would even consider a ninja being a 3 foot long cicada??

LAME

kill_shot

Smash Journeyman
lol......Pikachu is my favorite because: He is so cute and smart.
He can be really POWERFUL if you know how to raise it.
And he being the head of the anime is not why, yet
it helps a little. but he is kinda like me.
He never gives up in a fight, he likes pranks and
playfull...and everyone likes him.
but my top list is:
1.)Pikachu
2.)charm-ander/-eleon
3.)bulbasaur
4.)vulpix
5.)Groyvle with squirtle close behind.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
One pokemon that just annoys the crap out of me is ninjask...

For something called the 'ninja' pokemon, this thing is one of the worst ninjas ever!! It may have the stats and movelists of a ninja-ish poke, but who in their right mind would even consider a ninja being a 3 foot long cicada??

LAME
Lol. I've always hated three pokemon that join to become one. Dugtrio, Magneton, Weezing, etc.

Kochiha

Smash Journeyman
I don't get how that corresponds to anything he was talking about, but whatever...
Oh, and now to twist things up a bit: What is your least favorite Pokémon?

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
He said he didn't like that pokemon for some reason and I stated my hate for other pokemon for that reason. I hate Lucario."Use the Wave." Go die you dumb dog.

Kochiha

Smash Journeyman
In case any of you haven't guessed what my least favorite is, it would be Mew. I mean, Mew is my least favorite anything. It's even lower than Aeris, since she had one shining moment, but the events that transpired on 11/24/99 are what force me to hate Mew for all it is.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Ninjask is my favorite pokemon ever because I am entitled to my own opinion, no matter how LAME Khanczar thinks it is.

For serious, though... it doesn't matter if someone doesn't have "good reasoning" to select their favorite pokemon. I'm pretty sure if a pokemon strikes someone's fancy, that's good enough...

Khanczar

Smash Ace
Yang, is ninjask really your favorite?? Im hoping it was sarcasm...

Least favorite (besides ninjask of course) is probably Raikou. I effin hate that thing. I hate when people compare it to zapdos... YARG

Top Bottom