• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

fav items?

Ma(r)th

Smash Rookie
I like the bat and the capsule. The bat is a great throwing item: it does a lot of damage, it can be used repeatedly (it also can be used in a combo quite easily because it bounces back and may be easily caught), and it looks cool when you throw it. I like the capsule because it's (arguably) less dangerous to its user than the bob-omb and it's a surprise whether it will explode or release items on impact.

RoxasDe

Smash Cadet
I enjoy using the fan thing then use a final blow....or the light saber to throw at people...

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Warp Star is interesting.

Most people don't know that you have virtually no lag afterwards.

I've been both Kneed by a Falcon, and spiked by a Ganondorf attempting to punish it. :\

Deboog

Smash Cadet
I'm a fan of the warp star. It's fun when you're playing with multiple friends, and you warp star into the middle of a duel. It can also spike people in water ^-^

Variable

Smash Ace
Who plays with items on?

Honestly I don't know what half of them do. I'll look on the items screen and be like... What in the world is that?

Plorf

Smash Apprentice
Rolling crates are where it's at. They're really cool to play around with; shame they only come with the containers.

ook

Smash Lord
I love the green shell. :lick: The noise it makes when you chuck it at someone is so satisfying.

I don't miss the red shell at all. Those were just annoying.

BluePSI

Smash Champion
NNID
BluePSI
Mr Saturn! Boing! :3
though for srs, perhaps the Pokeball or Assist trophy, it's fun when a manaphy comes out a pokeball, :p

link2702

Smash Champion
ever since i got into competitive smash, i rarely use items at all anymore, unless i just get really bored and join a basic brawl, in which case I'll go either Ganon or c.falcon with the timer on high... ;)

but really, other then that i don't bother with items anymore.

Meta_Knight_777

Smash Apprentice
ever since i got into competitive smash, i rarely use items at all anymore, unless i just get really bored and join a basic brawl, in which case I'll go either Ganon or c.falcon with the timer on high... ;)

but really, other then that i don't bother with items anymore.
You competitive gamers have forgotten this is a game meant for fun! No item matches are dull and do not bring out the true fun and excitement of brawling. Anyway... Bumpers are fun, because on random wifi there are such dolts that easily get trapped against a wall with a bumper, warranting a chuckle and a facepalm.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Who plays with items on?

Honestly I don't know what half of them do. I'll look on the items screen and be like... What in the world is that?
Really? Even when you first got the game? I admit I can't remember the last time I played with items, but when I first got the game I did want to have a little fun. Plus one player mode gives a good schooling.

But anyways, I like the motion sensor bombs - kill like a spy ;) The Pitfall Seed is pretty rockin too.

Dr.MarioX

Smash Apprentice
I don't like any of them.
Seriously, they are all too gimmicky and can totally screw up your match...but if I have to choose, it would be Sandbag.

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
Exploding box ("blast box"), especially when it spawns on top of everyone in the path of my falcon punch.

Lucian

Smash Cadet
pitfall with a bat, Samrt bomb for people who have bad DI. and bombs are always great preferably in lager numbers like sudden death

smashless gama

Smash Cadet
Caution: the following is a suggestion to mix things up a bit if you are playing Brawl. May seem completely stupid to you, but I and SuperMarioluvr13 have fun times playing it.
When I play with my cousins, we sometimes have these things called "Pokematchies", where the following guidelines must be performed:
1. Pokeballs, heart containers, and Maxim tomatoes on high.
2. Damage ratio 0.5
3. 7 Stock
4. Be any character you want. Stage: 95% of the time Spear Pillar, other times can be on a custom stage.
If it is on Spear Pillar, then Dialga MUST be present, otherwise, start the match over until she appears.

Players choose a section of the stage as their own. Once Pokeballs appear, you can grab them only if they are on your section. Personally I don't follow that rule all the time. :)
You are not to beat up your friends. Again, I'm a meany and sometimes do anyway to make them mad. But the point is this: If a rare Pokemon such as Jirachi, Celebi or Mew (those are the three we use) show up, record on paper who got it.
Sometimes these matches can last more than an hour, mainly because we take so many hilarious pictures. But if you want a change of pace in this game, you should try this and tell me if you liked it.

Enjoy, fellow Brawlers!

Top Bottom