• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fastest Uair OoS, and Easiest perfect wavelands

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
Out of Shield Uair:
Uair probably the safest and best Out of Shield option, and it's got decent range in front of you. For you Ganon kids who didn't know, the fastest way to perform this from shielding is to tap up on the C-stick TWICE. The first tap makes you jump, the second tap performs a Uair.

Perfect wavelands:
perfect wavelands are easier to do when you fast fall just before hitting the ground for the same reason that L-cancels are easier when you fast fall. The window of input stretches when you are fast falling. Hopefully this diagram will explain what I mean

The fast falling window has less divisions, therefore it is easier to time the perfect waveland.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Also fastfalling a DJ (neutral/forward DJ animation) makes perfect wavelands easier than fastfalling a full jump or short hop.

EDIT: Really diggin the artwork, Clue. : >

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
Cool! I didn't know that, and it really helps since I'm working on my platform wavelanding right now. (<---melee noob)

I also am digging the diagram :D

DippnDots

Feral Youth
So, fast fall into a black hole before i waveland. GOT IT.

But seriously, thanks, i didnt know about either of these. And I thought I had plateaued...

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
Cool pictures I found it to be very helpful, like I never knew you could tap the cstick up would make you jump.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i really really doubt that tapping up on the c-stick twice is the fastest way to uair OOS, since you have to reset the stick to something resembling a neutral position in between

Renth

Smash Hero
i really really doubt that tapping up on the c-stick twice is the fastest way to uair OOS, since you have to reset the stick to something resembling a neutral position in between
Agreed, I either tap x and immediately up on the c-stick or up on both sticks almost at the same time.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
Agreed, I either tap x and immediately up on the c-stick or up on both sticks almost at the same time.
Two points:
1. I think it actually takes a while to move your thumb from X to C-up
2. If you tapped up on the control stick to short hop you would likely sacrifice full horizontal DI, or accidentally full hop.

When it comes down to it, just do what works for you I guess. Maybe it isn't the fastest option for some.

No_Face

Smash Apprentice
purple ganon represent

EDIT: Just so this post isn't COMPLETE spam, what i use for the shield hop U.air is the X button to jump and A to do the attack. I just tilt the control stick from forward to up and the beginning momentum usually gives me enough horizontal movement to satisfy.

mostwins

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4742-8002-0115
Those drawings are priceless.

very useful advice on the OoS Uair

DrewB008

Smash Lord
i read this thread and i thought the double up on the c stick was a really dumb idea

then i tried it and its one of the best ideas ive ever heard, its literally impossible to accidentally up smash out of shield doing it that way, which is my usual mistake

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
i read this thread and i thought the double up on the c stick was a really dumb idea

then i tried it and its one of the best ideas ive ever heard, its literally impossible to accidentally up smash out of shield doing it that way, which is my usual mistake
Lol, actually I thought it was a dumb idea when I came up with it, I just felt like contributing something to a nearly dead board. I actually don't use it, I'm a hypocrit kind of I guess. I'm just not used to this method.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I would say the "fastest" way to uair OoS, albeit awkward, would be to hold up on both c-stick and control stick while in shield stun, and then just tap A as soon as you're airborne. c-stick buffers the jump for as soon as you're out of shield stun and control stick + A uairs without having to reset to neutral position.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
I would say the "fastest" way to uair OoS, albeit awkward, would be to hold up on both c-stick and control stick while in shield stun, and then just tap A as soon as you're airborne. c-stick buffers the jump for as soon as you're out of shield stun and control stick + A uairs without having to reset to neutral position.
Well yes, assuming you're in shield stun. I've actually thought about using that to get out of shield pressure from fox and falco before.

soap

Smash Hero
ganons jump is so slow u can get from the button to cstick in plenty of time. Ive jced usmashes going from y to cstick 2 fast.

buffered jump could be useful i guess since he really needs the extra frames

Top Bottom