• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FAST1 Regional South Crew - Brawl Edition.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Ok guys. Forget the other thread, it's full of spam.

PLEASE DO NOT SPAM IN THIS THREAD!!!

So, xYz and I are the crew captains for the South brawl crew. We need a crew that consists of the TOP south players. Not just above average. We need the people that dominate their states tournament scene. We need the players that make people **** themselves when they see that they have to play them.

The south has those players, and it's xYz's and my job to find those players and lead them to victory. The south is going to take first in crews. We have the talent and determination. We can do this. But I need your help as well.

The Players

I am open to ALL suggestions. If you think you deserve a spot on the crew, or someone you know does then PLEASE tell me. Don't be modest. Tell me what character they play and anything else you know about them. How they do in tournaments would help. Also, location is a must.

The possible starters:

Afro_Thundah - Snake/Florida -- Afro is just an extremely smart, talented player. He adapts quickly, and he doesn't let his nerves get to him in matches, no matter how annoyed he might be.

xYz - G&W/Florida -- Tall person >_>.

Hylian - IC's and G&W/Texas -- My Ice Climbers will never lose to an Olimar, and I can CG Marth's perfectly from any % -Death. My G&W is my best character though. I used to not like playing snakes, but I 3-1'ed the best snake in texas last tournament so I don't really have problems with it anymore.

Sethlon - Falco/Texas -- Sethlon has an amazing Falco. He beats everyone in texas consistantly save 2 people, who are Roy_R and myself. He plays very smart and safe and is great at 0-deaths. His laser game is incredible as is his spacing.

Desu - ???/??? - I don't actually know anything about Desu.

Reflex - Wario/??? - Plays wario etc.

Danny - Pit/Florida -- One of floridas most consistant players and he plays a character not many people have experience with.

Lee - MK/Ike player from Louisiana. Has won more money then anyone in brawl :).

Roy_R - Best player in Texas. Amazing Marth. Starter for sure.

Everyone else we are looking at:

Stiltzskin - A metaknight/Olimar player from Texas. He is one of Texas's best and almost always places top 3 in tournaments. His Olimar has never even come close to losing to a snake or DDD player in tournament. I will have xYz play him to see what he thinks, because I don't want to be biased. I am 1-1 with him in tournament though, and he is **** good and very smart.

Gmoney - Wario/MK player from Florida

Everlasting yeuhhzz - Highly praised MK/Snake player.

PB&J - ??????????

Rx- Metaknight player from florida. Got 2nd in the last two tournaments there.

Linguini - DK player from Florida.

Fullmetal - Marth/Fox player that places well in his state. Desu's teammate.

Equi - Solid wolf player.

LordDguy- Lucario player that is confident in all match-ups.

GDX - G&W/Diddy FL player.

Hungrybox - D3 Florida player

I forgot everyone else haha. Please tell me so I can put more people here. Writing profiles for them will help as well. I am going to use all of this information to help make decisions.

NOTHING ON THIS LIST IS FINAL. I WILL PLAY EVERYONE JOINING THE CREW.

With that being said, please help me out guys. :). Suggest people, let me know what I am looking for. I want to know things about my players. What are match-ups you consider yourself bad/good at? Characters that you lose to often? Characters that you always beat that are popular?

I don't really need to know all that but information helps :). I want this crew to be badass, and I want to know my crewmates.

I will keep this post updated.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I need to be on that list.

I got second place at the last two big Florida tournaments.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Sure. What character do you play?

Metaknight right?

Tell me stuffs to put beside your name >_>. Doesn't have to be long.

Gingerr

Smash Lord
Afro is just an extremely smart, talented player. He adapts quickly, and he doesn't let his nerves get to him in matches, no matter how annoyed he might be. He pulls through, and he is easily the most consistent when it comes to placement, for good reason.

Also, Gmoney I think moreso mains MK now, and secondaries Wario, but his Wario is still sick. He's from Jacksonville/Orlando.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I do more than just Tornado mindlessly.

If my matches with xYz were recorded from last Saturday, you can see that I string together moves really well.

There are quite a few people in Florida who have a grudge against my playing style, but most people like me because I am a really nice person :).

I would love to get a chance to play you before the tournament to show you what I can do!!! :):)

I am not a cocky bigot, I never brag and I always shake hands.

Gingerr

Smash Lord
I do more than just Tornado mindlessly.

If my matches with xYz were recorded from last Saturday, you can see that I string together moves really well.

There are quite a few people in Florida who have a grudge against my playing style, but most people like me because I am a really nice person :).

I would love to get a chance to play you before the tournament to show you what I can do!!! :):)

I am not a cocky bigot, I never brag and I always shake hands.
Oh god, this, this SO hard :)

Also, is Equi up for consideration? I know he just started placing top 5ish kinda recently, but he does have a sick-*** Wolf after all, and his play style is pretty different compared to other peoples.

I'm just trying to help and throw out ideas.

nevershootme

Smash Master
to add to that gingerr, afro has... well an afro... and clearly visible but not perfectly round...

I do recommend linguini (plays DK) for his consistant top 10 placings in several tournaments. though always coming close to hitting top 3.

xYz is a tall (almost to Shaq's height?) dude, clearly visible.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
I'm FullMetal- I want to try out for the brawl crew.

I'm Desu's teammate, and we're undefeated in state for teams tournaments.
I've never placed below 9th at any brawl tourmanent I've been to, and that was at Final Round XI.
I play Marth and Fox.

I think Fox counters DK.

thats about all I can think of about myself in brawl~
lol

Gmoney

Smash Ace
Jacksonville, FL (UNF) Location: Tavares, FL
Here is some more information about me... I placed 2nd at the most recent Gigs, which is the biggest tournament in FL, and took out Afro in winner's finals (3-1), but he's too good. I did get stomped on in the grand finals. :laugh: My doubles partner, Garbanzo, and I have placed 1st at the only two tournaments we have attended as a team (Gigs and Last Stand III) while beating out the top two teams that have been dominating FL (Afro + Equi and xYz + Rx-). I am a MK main from Jacksonville, FL. However, I do play a sick Wario as a counter for certain matchups. Most people will agree that I can pull off some really crazy comebacks against any odds. In the doubles tourney at Last Stand III, I came back on my last stock to take four stocks from xYz + Rx- to win that match. In singles at this past Gigs, I came back from almost getting 3stocked by Afro in the second match of winner's finals to win. I'm also a hype machine! :grrr:

I'll write up a list of some players that have not been mentioned yet when I have more time, but you have got to put cdoc (Danny) down as a starter. He is a Pit player from FL that has placed consistently in the top 3 or 5 in just about every tournament he has attended.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
everlasting yayuhz
everlasting yayuhz
everlasting yayuhz
everlasting yayuhz
everlasting yayuhz
everlasting yayuhz
everlasting yayuhz
everlasting yayuhz

do i make myself clear?
QFT

Yayuhz got 2nd to overswarm in that big online tournament, he's never lost a brawl tournament he's been to in SC, and only lost 1 he's been to in GA to Desu.
Is a great guy, will always offer to split in finals, even if he knows he'll **** his opponent.

Plays MK/Snake in tournament
Claims Wolf is his main :laugh:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Reflex doesn't have the most extensive Brawl career, but...

Everyone in his area seems to regard him as the Mid-South's best player. He has placed top 3 in all the tournaments he has been to.

He mains Wario, and is one of the players responsible for Wario's placing surgence.

Since his Melee days, he has been known for his extremely good ability to adapt and for his intelligent yet unorthodox play (he mained Bowser in Melee, and was often compared to Gimpyfish). Brawl is no exception, and although he may not have as much tournament experience as other players considered, he learns and overcomes new tactics quickly.

He also competitively uses Pokemon Trainer as his secondary, but that is yet to be tested in a tournament setting. More to come there.

Reflex is pretty serious business, IMO.

EDIT: I have a good amount of Meta Knight/Dedede/G&W experience, so while those two characters have an advantage against Wario, it won't be nearly as drastic as expected...

One character that I'd like to get more experience against is Snake. Theoretically, Wario can do a number on Snake, but I need to play the matchup more.

I'd also really like to consider P. Trainer as a completely viable alternative. I find that he does very well against the characters that Wario doesn't have an advantage on (except G&W, but my Wario can take G&W).

Samus_ABe

Smash Ace
i think anything more than two meta knight mains will be ********...

this should be a mixed up team not all snake/meta knight mains..

i think characters like climbers/wario/pit/wolf will throw ppl off, along with strong snakes and mk's of course

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i think anything more than two meta knight mains will be ********...

this should be a mixed up team not all snake/meta knight mains..

i think characters like climbers/wario/pit/wolf will throw ppl off, along with strong snakes and mk's of course
are you coming to fast? cause i need my copy of brawl immediately

my name is GDX, and i wanna be on the crew. We've already proven that talking about it is pretty useless, so I'll just play you at tryouts

Ruuku

Smash Lord
I'm quite surprised that Danny/C.Doc isn't on this list. I'm pretty sure he's been placing top 5 at every singles and doubles tournament (including major tournaments) he has entered. He also is the best Pit player in Florida. Maybe even in the US since I haven't seen others placing consistently. But then again, what do I know. I've only been to like five tournaments. :psycho:

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
Best GW in FL and possibly the south east.
my best high tier counter is MK, i've never lost to a MK in tournament except to Rx- this past saturday, no johns. (GOOD **** JOHN!!) But I'll pretty much $20-$50 any MK in the worldddzzzz, as i'm confident in this matchup.

my worst matchup is snake, i will turn to hylian for guidance in this matchup... mainly afro's snake.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I cant wait to play people from other states.
I really want to see how I stack up against some of the nation's best.

I think this tournament will help me get better by leaps and bounds. I imagine my biggest issue is simply not having experience against the full spectrum of characters, so this tournament will help immensely.

nice1

Smash Lord
I really want to see how I stack up against some of the nation's best.

I think this tournament will help me get better by leaps and bounds. I imagine my biggest issue is simply not having experience against the full spectrum of characters, so this tournament will help immensely.
dat ***** reflex is too raw :chuckle:

dguy6789

Smash Lord
Best Lucario in FL and the region. Crush Snakes and MK. Have never lost to a MK in tourney and have lost to a Snake in tourney one time. I have no bad matchups.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Best Lucario in FL and the region. Crush Snakes and MK. Have never lost to a MK in tourney and have lost to a Snake in tourney one time. I have no bad matchups.
That's a bold statement, sir. How much experience do you have against every other character?

dguy6789

Smash Lord
That's a bold statement, sir. How much experience do you have against every other character?
It is reasonably bold I understand, but I am confident in it. I have a ton of experience vs every single character, even the extremely uncommon ones like Jigglypuff. Experience with the game is my strongest aspect. I have no problem fighting vs anybody. Sure there are matches that are easier and harder, but there isn't a single character that I have exceptional difficulty with.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Guys, remember that overall skill >>> character variety. We are going to have the best players reguardless of character choice.

And don't work about counterpicking :). I am a **** good strategist.

AfroQT

Smash Master
I hate counterpicks.

In doubles i just let equi pick the stage.
In singles i generally just hit random.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I hate counterpicks.

In doubles i just let equi pick the stage.
In singles i generally just hit random.
I ment character counterpicks.

We will not be choosing counterpick stages. There are only 3 of them, and the chance that the opponent will change characters outweighs any stage advantage any character gets on those stages.

Also, if we have more then one character on the crew, one of them will be going first so we keep the max counterpick options open.

Meh, I probably shouldn't say anything more haha.

AfroQT

Smash Master
I ment character counterpicks.

We will not be choosing counterpick stages. There are only 3 of them, and the chance that the opponent will change characters outweighs any stage advantage any character gets on those stages.

Also, if we have more then one character on the crew, one of them will be going first so we keep the max counterpick options open.

Meh, I probably shouldn't say anything more haha.
oh snap son we gotz a tactician on the team. We are unbeatable like snake.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
my best high tier counter is MK, i've never lost to a MK in tournament except to Rx- this past saturday, no johns. (GOOD **** JOHN!!) But I'll pretty much $20-$50 any MK in the worldddzzzz, as i'm confident in this matchup.

my worst matchup is snake, i will turn to hylian for guidance in this matchup... mainly afro's snake.
If you have AIM, I can tell you exactly what to do against Snake.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
You lost to my snake sirrrrrr
That was at the Seibrik's first Brawl Bash which was months ago. Plus it was a Snake ditto and those are horrendous. But now that I actually got the chance to practice this game, I should be able to do better. Hopefully I can make my tournament comeback at FAST. Your Snake is awesome though.

Hai Im Fearless

Smash Lord
Won't lose to Olimar?

You must play me and IceKid.. we're the best Olimars in FL...

I have 0 problems with IC's. I 2-0'd uberice (he can do the grab ****).

Also : Why doesn't TX have their own crew?

AfroQT

Smash Master
That was at the Seibrik's first Brawl Bash which was months ago. Plus it was a Snake ditto and those are horrendous. But now that I actually got the chance to practice this game, I should be able to do better. Hopefully I can make my tournament comeback at FAST. Your Snake is awesome though.
i meant hungrybox lol!

Ruuku

Smash Lord
You could have meant anyone! I want to play you in Melee. I don't even remember how to play that game though. =/

On topic: as far as I know C. Doc only really has issues against Snakes. The reason being that he has trouble killing them.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Here is some more information about me... I placed 2nd at the most recent Gigs, which is the biggest tournament in FL, and took out Afro in winner's finals (3-1), but he's too good. I did get stomped on in the grand finals. :laugh: My doubles partner, Garbanzo, and I have placed 1st at the only two tournaments we have attended as a team (Gigs and Last Stand III) while beating out the top two teams that have been dominating FL (Afro + Equi and xYz + Rx-). I am a MK main from Jacksonville, FL. However, I do play a sick Wario as a counter for certain matchups. Most people will agree that I can pull off some really crazy comebacks against any odds. In the doubles tourney at Last Stand III, I came back on my last stock to take four stocks from xYz + Rx- to win that match. In singles at this past Gigs, I came back from almost getting 3stocked by Afro in the second match of winner's finals to win. I'm also a hype machine! :grrr:

I'll write up a list of some players that have not been mentioned yet when I have more time, but you have got to put cdoc (Danny) down as a starter. He is a Pit player from FL that has placed consistently in the top 3 or 5 in just about every tournament he has attended.
One thing that I can say about Gmoney, is that he is good at MK dittos. He's beaten me twice in tournament, and caused me to believe that Meta Knight dittos are my only bad matchup.

Also, this dude's Wario is pretty pro.

xYz is going to **** FAST1 so hard. if you could only have TWO people from florida on the whole crew, I swear to god it should be Afro Thunder and xYz. After Afro, xYz is the next most consistent player in all of FL, hands down.

Gingerr

Smash Lord
^^ This post ^^

I wish I was good enough to do this, it'd be awesome to see a girl on the team Q_Q

I'll be the cheerleader.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
^^ This post ^^

I wish I was good enough to do this, it'd be awesome to see a girl on the team Q_Q

I'll be the cheerleader.
is it just me, or has gingerr been more active on the forums since she "quit" brawl tourneys?

kinda like how on DBZ when tien, yamcha, and choutszu got more face time AFTER they were killed by Nappa

oh well, no complaints here. cheer on girl, cheer on

Top Bottom