• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FAST1 Regional South Crew - Brawl Edition.

Hai Im Fearless

Smash Lord
Maybe we should just do an FL crew vs an OOS crew.

Since there will be so many FL, and not that many OOS.
I agree. Or FL Vs TX or something. We can extend our crew to how ever many there are in TX for like a superhuge omega crew battle. We'll have the time after doubles.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Texas only has 3 good brawl players going...

Cloudstealth

Smash Journeyman
Cool, xYz would make a good captain, and how do we determine who's even on the Florida crew? Any ideas?

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
you guys seem to miss the idea. FL is going out against a whole region, were going up against top players.

Were going to need the help of the south. that's just a given....

we should all agree to do a FL vs OOS IF the EC turn out is poor.

if not, were going to have to use the best of the best.

Cloudstealth

Smash Journeyman
Yea Danny and I signed up today, we're gonna be there for sure. Still I gotta ask, does anyone have any housing at all, FIU is homeless. And I guess we'll see if the east coast shows up, but I still think Florida vs everyone would work, and we'll see how good M2K is at Fast.

PB&J

Smash Hero
m2k would probably 3 stock 90% of florida players.

Just sayin'
thanks for the confidence, but this is brawl not melee and i doubt he will anyway...i realyy think the south team will be a beast team to reckon with once it is established

Cloudstealth

Smash Journeyman
thanks for the confidence, but this is brawl not melee and i doubt he will anyway...i realyy think the south team will be a beast team to reckon with once it is established
Thanks for that, and it's all of Florida not just South. Yea like Dguy said as well, whoever gets 3 stocked shouldn't be in the crew. So back to my question anybody got any ideas on how we decide who to pick for the crew?

AfroQT

Smash Master
Thanks for that, and it's all of Florida not just South. Yea like Dguy said as well, whoever gets 3 stocked shouldn't be in the crew. So back to my question anybody got any ideas on how we decide who to pick for the crew?
Hylian already decided that it will be through tryouts (done by Hylian i guess).
This thread should be closed this has been decided in 2 threads so far.

Lets discuss RoboKy

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Yea Danny and I signed up today, we're gonna be there for sure. Still I gotta ask, does anyone have any housing at all, FIU is homeless. And I guess we'll see if the east coast shows up, but I still think Florida vs everyone would work, and we'll see how good M2K is at Fast.
since you're his white counterpart, you should ask HRNUT if you can stay there. Im sure he'd let you and maybe 1 more (ie, Danny) if you asked him. I know ill be at this place all that weekend. I'll also probably be driving back and forth to the tourney

oh, and afro, baiken still > robo-ky

AfroQT

Smash Master
Lets MM in Guilty gear your baiken vs my Roboky.
It'll have to be on the ps2 though cuz i use a arcade stick.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Lets MM in Guilty gear your baiken vs my Roboky.
It'll have to be on the ps2 though cuz i use a arcade stick.
you would **** me probably. although i bought the game like 2 weeks ago i havnt even touched it. gotta train up holmes. but one day, brother vs sister; robot vs half robot; missles vs tatami WILL GO DOWN SON!

Finch

Smash Lord
If he 3 stocks a single person on the crew, that person didn't belong on the crew.
That's exactly my point. We're not the only state with huge brawl tournaments so it's pretty dumb to think we can take on all the OOSers alone when most of the people coming are going to be the best from their states.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I like how people keeps trying to decide how crews should go.

We are doing REGIONAL crews. xYz and I are the captains. We make the decisions. We decide who gets on the crew.

We have already decided how the crew is going to be formed. We don't need you to tell us that.

This thread is for getting information on the players who have a shot at being on the crew.

If not enough people show for regional crews then we will decide something at the tournament. It's Frames tournament. He says regional crews, there will be regional crews.

Stop talking about other crews please.

Infin!ty

Smash Rookie
I nominate cyphus from LA. His DK is amazing and hes won the past two LA tourneys with 40+ people. He also has alot of smash experience.

I dont know who all is going from LA, but im just throwing that out there.

*if cyphus isnt there then jonwu, the dudes mad good.....

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I nominate cyphus from LA. His DK is amazing and hes won the past two LA tourneys with 40+ people. He also has alot of smash experience.

I dont know who all is going from LA, but im just throwing that out there.

*if cyphus isnt there then jonwu, the dudes mad good.....
Lee said Cyphus wasn't going.

Who does John Wu play and how does he do against Lee and cyphus?

-Ran

Smash Master
John Wu lives in Nola and has competed against Cyphus/Lee many, many times in the various tournaments we have. From my understanding, he was also highly competitive vs them in Melee. [considered second in the state] He typically uses Falco, and has recently moved on to learning Lucario. When playing Lee, Lee still comes out ahead between the two. I haven't seen him play against Cyphus.

During 3LT, he played Lee in the Finals, and came in second. The last tournament [Essence Fest at Dibbz] can't really count standing wise due to poor seeding, but he placed fifth.

Videos of John Wu from 3lt. [Early May tournament... much has changed.]
Vs Dr. MarioKart [who you evidently rank third in your city]
http://youtube.com/watch?v=6JG2kEQGws0
http://youtube.com/watch?v=V7R8gohLgKc
http://youtube.com/watch?v=6S7hal-m4pM
Vs. Lee
http://youtube.com/watch?v=iK6AlnFM8ZU
http://youtube.com/watch?v=yRJfW22-r80

Every match with him vs Lee is incredibly intense, that's really all I can say. Not someone you'd have to worry about getting nervous/epic failing due to pressure. Also, he is already planning on attending. He's been calling everyone in the area for match ups to get better. >>

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
um infinity ive only gotten second once out of any LA tourney in the past 2 years or more i won every other one. and the last tourney i didnt lose me and cyphus split the pot. just get your facts straight next time. sorry ran but my ike sucked in those videos i was going f-air crazy lol. but hylian its up to you, i would recommend john wu on the crew. he is by far the most defensive player youll ever play and his falco makes no mistakes. but ill let you decide ;]

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Those videos were not impressive at all :(. I hope he learned how to chaingrab correctly with Falco since then. I will play him and we will see. We already have Sethlon though so he will probably be an alt at best.

Also, DMK is ranked 3rd in my city...but only 3 people in my city play brawl lol. He is pretty good, but he's not even top 10 in Texas...

underscore_

Smash Journeyman
Imo A and S tier for Florida

S - Afro, xYz

A - Galeon, Linguini, Rx-/gmoney, Danny, Siebrik, Tom G, Equi, icekid

Infin!ty

Smash Rookie
my bad lee, but i thought that it was a given that u were already up for nomination... ur def. the best in LA/world.... ;)

Top Bottom