• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco's

Smoke and smash

Smash Journeyman
Chain grab with your up throw more.

Also your opponent's tech skill was a bit superior to yours. You missed some jc shines and whatnot.

Also, jc grab out of shine to get in some grabs.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
instead of trying to shield grab, do shine oos. the shield game should go to fox in this match up. instead of trying to go over the lasers to get a hit, land far enough away so that he will laser you. shield the laser, and wavedash backwards before his approach. if he reads the WD, shield and shine oos him. if he wiffed, you have a free grab.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
if the shine hits, you wont grab. if you use it on their shield you will either grab them or hit them away w/ the shine.

Smoke and smash

Smash Journeyman
Yea, if they shield the shine, just jc grab out of shine for a grab. If it hits, then wavedash out of shine like usual. This is much easier to do than shield pressuring with multishines or drillshine.

Lovage

Smash Hero
one of the best things you can learn in the falco matchup is how to properly shine out of shield. it doesn't have to be where you stay on the ground, but if he hits your shield with just about any unspaced move, no matter the timing, you can shine him out of shield and set up a tech chase

Deathgazer

Smash Ace
erm i would say a quite useful trick is the use Thunder's combo and follow it up with :
-U smash
-Grab him
-Drill shine => another thunder's combo

also you can do an usmash straight after a shine, (just time it right)
so if you run into them, shine Usmash, thats a quite good move.
but make sure you mix the movement up a bit. like run forward, wavedash randomly into the shine Usmash

EDIT: Actually, I played a bit today and realised after the thunder's combo, I usually do a single dash dance then an approaching nair into another jab. but yer, you get the idea

unknown522

Some guy
one of the best things you can learn in the falco matchup is how to properly shine out of shield. it doesn't have to be where you stay on the ground, but if he hits your shield with just about any unspaced move, no matter the timing, you can shine him out of shield and set up a tech chase
This.

/10char

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Not to be rude to the above posters. I know most of you are better than me, but you all failed to see that his spacing really sucks. He also failed reacting to the Falco's DI properly after hitting him, and more importantly, uthrowing.

From this, OP the two most important things you need to work on are spacing your moves properly, and reacting to his DI.

The only other thing I would work on out of the posts made is shinning out of shield. Shining oos neutralizes most of Falco's pressure game.

Also I noticed that the Falco never did low aerials to your shield. This makes your life easier regarding shine oos, and shield grabbing.

2pac29

Smash Apprentice
Not to be rude to the above posters. I know most of you are better than me, but you all failed to see that his spacing really sucks. He also failed reacting to the Falco's DI properly after hitting him, and more importantly, uthrowing.

From this, OP the two most important things you need to work on are spacing your moves properly, and reacting to his DI.

The only other thing I would work on out of the posts made is shinning out of shield. Shining oos neutralizes most of Falco's pressure game.

Well when i said I get ***** By falcos I wasn't kidding...Yeah my spacing suck, Im looking to get better tho
So from what your telling me is... The best way to deal with Falco's Pressure game is to Shine OOS right !!! ? sounds Like this shall be taken into consideration
A lot of grate players ive talk to Have also mention That Tech skill is What "IS" needed to win this match-up

IDK... But thanks U guys...

Rubyiris

Smash Hero

Well when i said I get ***** By falcos I wasn't kidding...Yeah my spacing suck, Im looking to get better tho
So from what your telling me is... The best way to deal with Falco's Pressure game is to Shine OOS right !!! ? sounds Like this shall be taken into consideration
A lot of grate players ive talk to Have also mention That Tech skill is What "IS" needed to win this match-up

IDK... But thanks U guys...
hell no, lol. Fox can **** Falco with basic ****. bait a move, grab usmash. fj aerial shines. edgeguard. NO TECH SKILL REQUIRED.

shine oos isn't even technical. you push up + shine or jump button + shine. you don't even need to do the technical version where you don't leave the ground. just as long as you shine early enough to hit falco.

KK: I know you're better than me, and I have mad respect for you, but spacing is like the entire match up.

Top Bottom