• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco's NEW move-set changes known so fare!

Black/Light

Smash Master

kashi made a thread on these forums title "Falco and Fox not clones".
He has the game and has played them both and this is what it he had to say about it. . .
I bought the game today and have been playing through SSE, and got far enough to unlock Falco. He is considerably different than Fox.

First and foremost his forward smash. It has less range but still knocks backwards. He strikes down with his fist for this move. The same goes for his nuetral air. Again some strange punch that is nothing like Fox' kick. His forward air is a spinning move where he flies out head first. As for his reflector he throws it forward and it can be used in the air as well. His lazer is the same as last time. Only now it is blue instead of red. His up b is pretty much the same, as is his forward b. However all his standard attacks have been changed like I said. Only his down smash, running forward a, and back air a, down air a and up smash a are the same as Fox. I cant quite figure out if their FS are different either.

I havent unlocked Wolf yet, but Ill let you know when I get him and do a comparison as well.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, this game rocks!!
His thread is here - - - - > http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=3803877#post3803877

----------------

List of moves seens in recent vids! (Im going to call his Fair the "Beak drill/ Drill peck" becaue he spins with his beak pointed out. And the Fsmash looks like a 2 fist bash which would make more sense than a head butt. Also Im going to add Saberhof's corrections to it)

Most of the moveset I got from these video:
Video 1: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=86qgmn6pP4s
Video 2: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=bB6X-hp8QtM
Video 3: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=Yk9xKVsegWE

B) - Blaster

Looks like still only one blaster, shoots Blue, You see him rapid shooting at 2:57 of Video 1, shoots a bit faster

B^) - Fire Bird

Same as in Melee, except it looks like the distance was increased. 2:59, maybe its just me but he seems to go much higher

B>) - Falco Phantasm

Same as in Melee, except distance was increased. 1:12, noticable distance as he goes from off the map to almost the center of it.

Bv) - Reflector?

He kicks it like a yo yo now. Goes in front of him and comes back.

A) - Quick Jab
Still looks like a Jab...

A,A) - 2 Jabs
A quick jab, one with each hand?

A,A,A) - Punch, punch, twirling wing attack.
He Starts off with the 2 jabs, and then continues with a crazy twirl with both arms out.

ftilt) - Kick
He runs and kicks, just like in Melee

utilt) - Arm swing
He swings both arms, in a 2 hit combo and KB. Video 1 - 1:00

dsmash) - Splits
He still does the splits and it still has lots of horizontal KB.

fsmash) - 2 hand chop.
He puts his hands together above his head and brings them down in front of him as one hit, lots of KB.

Nair) - Is like peach's nair.
Just a quick jab in mid air, KB.

FAIR)- Is the Beak drill/ Drill peck that hits multiple times.

Dair) - Spin Kick
Still the same fundementals of Melee but it spikes only at the beginning.

Uair) - Flip Kick
Same thing as in Melee, it looks more similar to foxes Melee flip kick in the fact that the KB seems to be alot higher.

Bair) - Ima just call it a Ninja Kick
He sticks out his leg and kicks him with lots of KB

Fthrow)
Grabs the person, and then punches him to the way he is facing

Taunt 1) - Melee taunt, he spins
Taunt 2) - Much like fox's taunt, he eggs the opponent on
taunt 3) - The most awesome one, he kicks his shine like a hacky sack :D

I'm not quite sure on his Bair and Dair, but from the video's that what i make out of his moveset =\ I'll post more when I figure out more
--------------

MORE Falco-y goodness!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHwxyKdCZYM

------------------------------------

S2

Smash Lord
Good finds.

I think its crazy that he throws his reflector now. I wonder what kind of knockback it has and can only imagine strange strats people are going to come up with.

Gundo

Smash Apprentice
nice... a spoiler...

good thing i saw the video title...

anyways i hope they changed his blaster in some way. his Up B is still the same. can anyone tell if he still has his awesome Roundhouse Kick Finisher?

Justaway

Smash Apprentice
no his up b also goes a little farther

and his shine was crazy big :O I like what they did with him but I hope he can still spike like hell.

Lanttu

Smash Apprentice
And Wolf was not damaged by Falco's B >. Wolf had stopped flashing the "reborn" flash and still didn't get damaged well Falco went right across him. @ 1:10
Could be wrong but he seems like he was in normal mode at the time meaning Falco's B > could now have no damage to counter the fare distance it now has.
Nah, it still deals damage. I think Falco just went above Wolf while he was making his down tilt or something.

You can see Falco damaging Ice Climber at the very beginning of the match with his second B> attack dealing 7 damage and again few seconds later. Though there's no telling whether it still spikes since he made those from the ground both times.

shanus

Smash Hero
what im really wondering is if his dair is still a spike. edge cancelled dair to rising throwshine seems like a nice edgeguard ;-)

Black/Light

Smash Master
Nah, it still deals damage. I think Falco just went above Wolf while he was making his down tilt or something.

You can see Falco damaging Ice Climber at the very beginning of the match with his second B> attack dealing 7 damage and again few seconds later. Though there's no telling whether it still spikes since he made those from the ground both times.
Wait, now I see it.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Oh man. This is a blow...Falco has lost his Spike. Here's a vid to prove it...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBpBrpf2khI
The attempted spike is at about :47-:48
Thanks for posting this yo!

Ok, this is by fare the clearest vid of some of his changes. He now has a cross chop attack and this twiling spin is seen MUCH clearer! I want to see that new horizontal spin move this good but I guess that has to wait.

Im abit busy so can some of you guys analyze this vid abit deeper?

Lanttu

Smash Apprentice
Oh man. This is a blow...Falco has lost his Spike. Here's a vid to prove it...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBpBrpf2khI
The attempted spike is at about :47-:48
Or is it just harder to do this time around? He did spike mario with dair at the very end of the match, 1:06 to be exact.

Some other points new to me...

Falco's shine might not be as good as people have thought if this video is to be trusted. At 00:37 Falco starts to spam his shine and finally when Mario jumps to it at 00:40 he takes no damage neither get any kind of knockback.

To my eye his up B seems to go drastically shorter than his B> but this might just be due to different zoomings these videos have (this one with mario and the one with DK level).

This has probably been noticed already but his fsmash is totally new. Though it seems to send opponents flying pretty much the same way it did before so it's just more lika a new animation. He does it quite often so check it if you haven't seen it already.

Uair seems to be the same as before (00:31).

Dutch Storm

Smash Rookie
Wow, that yo yo shine looks great!
I fear it would be a little harder to use though.

It seems like the spike is still the same, what Lanttu said, at 1:06 you can see it used effectifly.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
I saw him in one video hit with it but I don't remember what it was.

Also QQ more about him being downgraded please.

Seriously who gives a crap it's still good ol' egotistical "Gee I was saved by fox how swell" kickass Falco.

His moves definately look mad cool though.

KruPawan

Smash Rookie
I don't know guys...He could change for the better. his reflector is going to be a problem compared to fox...if that Staryu was on the ground, he wouldn't have been able to hold his reflector out against it in the first video. His new smash takes i little longer than the roundhouse kick we're all used to...Does he move forward when he does that punch smash attack, though? Because I know a major combo in Melee was that you were able to chain your forward A smash roundhouse kicks because he keeps on moving forward. If you can't then that just sucks. *sigh*

Bahamut-Prime

Smash Cadet
Well he's definitely still a clone just cause a couple of A moves are different doesn't make him much less cloney but anyways I loved him in melee

Thing is did anyone notice how his upB seems to have less charge and go just as far as fox's now combined with his high jumping he'll be tough to kill and he'll be a much better character and considering he was a character who was almost top tier already he'll pretty much own

master_link12

Smash Cadet
so his fsmash is now a head butt or punch, blaster(s) speed might be different and knock back is unknown, spike has been nerfed :( goodbye ol shine :( say hello to yoyo (still not sure what my position is on the yoyo) his >B is now faster and has greater reach, his recovery now burns while charging , he has faster jabs and has a "gliding" aerial. Thats all Ive been able to notice so far but I will give a better judgment when I play with him. One way or another I will main him.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
his spike is just like his PAL version; it only spikes near the beginning. The NTSC spike would be broken in brawl because of how much floatier he is not to mention the new ledge mechanics and whatnot >_>

jay~B

Smash Journeyman
He does look better, im just pissed that we have three starfox reps with the same final smash, even though i love wolf i thought krystal would get in over him

Black/Light

Smash Master
Well he's definitely still a clone just cause a couple of A moves are different doesn't make him much less cloney but anyways I loved him in melee.
People seem to have a missunderstanding of what a clone is now-a-days. Clones are actually "Model change characters" as called by Sakurai when he revealed them. That means that they simply took a character's model and changed it with that of an other character (. . . maaaybeee changed one or 2 animations) and than changed stats/ effects of the attacks to and to the "they are different" feel.

Example: Falco's Shine tossing chars upward and not forward like Fox's/ Blaster isn't as fast but stuns/ higher jumping but less speed than Fox etc. .

Now, this is not the case for brawl. They have given Falco new moves and pretty much based alot of him on spinning (B. Rolling lol). When a character is alike to another but holds this much difference in attacks/ stats/ effects and animations (we still haven't seen all his moves yet. But even the ones we have are enuff to state this) they are on Luigi's level.

actually, thats the theme now for "alike characters" which seems to be melee Luigi's level of uniqueness to the original. Theres not one carbon copy on another character in brawl, they have all been Luigi-ed up.:p

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
actually, thats the theme now for "alike characters" which seems to be melee Luigi's level of uniqueness to the original. Theres not one carbon copy on another character in brawl, they have all been Luigi-ed up.
I remember another name for it, Luigified.

Top Bottom