• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco's Laser Lock on Snake

Tsukuyomi

Smash Journeyman
I guess it looks like you're always gonna have to tech on flat stages when playing Falco then. Bad news for Shadow Moses Island.
I don't really think Shadow Moses Island would be effect by this since there's actually platform to land on instead of the initial floors...

Opponent needs to be at a state where they must be wobbling in the air so they can actually fall back/belly first to floor... In order to ever get into that wobbling state, they need to enough damage and hard hits to be able to get it there... Higher damage = further launch, so it'll probably ohkay... Unless there's a Falco setup where it can do it constantly, then we have a problem...

Cless

Smash Champion
I'm just saying because there's walls on Shadow Moses Island. Besides, you might even be able to wiggle out of it before you hit the ground initially.

SamDvds

Smash Ace
funny how the game developers spend months and months testing their game and miss something this simple...its as if they dont know their own game...also its funny how all these new stages have been made with pretty backrounds and music and all these new items have been thought up, and all of it will be banned in tourneys...i wish the makers of this game would have at least tried to consult a handful of competitive players for additional input so stuff like this wouldnt happ.en

tw1n

Smash Champion
funny how the game developers spend months and months testing their game and miss something this simple...its as if they dont know their own game...also its funny how all these new stages have been made with pretty backrounds and music and all these new items have been thought up, and all of it will be banned in tourneys...i wish the makers of this game would have at least tried to consult a handful of competitive players for additional input so stuff like this wouldnt happ.en
Few things your are way off on. The testers probably found tons of glitches that were taken out. They missed one (so far that we know). But they probably know the game better than anyone that owns it now will for the next year.

2nd. Items are not officially banned in tournies. The rules haven't even been made yet... as of that the games not even out in almost every country. I'm personally hoping atems are banned but who knows.

3rd. The creators of the game had some of the pro smashers in Japan run tests on it (so I hear). Don't always assume game creators don't know what they are doing.

SamDvds

Smash Ace
i know its not a glitch that makes it even worse. i just can't believe they let that into the game if one of the testers saw it...if they didnt catch it after spending months working with it and someone finds this in a matter of days...it just doesn't make any sense.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
Which would be great except for the fact that we don't know how PAL will be changed from NTSC and that as far as i know wii is region locked which means no PAL without modding or something in anywhere not Europe or Australia.

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
not a glitch at all, and its barely useful. You didn't do much damage and eventually he'll be so far away that he'll be able to recover and react before he's hit again.
Only if he gets to a ledge or something that moves him up or down. The point of this is that the lasers come at a consistent rate so distance is irrelevant.

This isn't that big of a deal.
I completely agree.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
Japan doesn't get a PAL version? I thought they did.
Why would they get a version designed for a console made to adapt to the different tv of 2 different continents?

PAL isn't a version made for the sake of being another version it is made so that other places in the world can play the game LMAO

Mike87

Smash Ace
not a glitch at all, and its barely useful. You didn't do much damage and eventually he'll be so far away that he'll be able to recover and react before he's hit again.
Unless he's pinned against a wall.
Then that player is screwed until the Falco player decides its killing time.

L1F3

Smash Cadet
I likes t3h Falco exploits, but this isn't a big deal......

It's not like the lazers can kill at like 100% or something crazy like that. There are other questions to ask about Falco, but I like his newer lazer spam now. Just wish he duel wielded blasters... accursed SSE cinematics...

~L1F3

saratos

Smash Apprentice
Hmm.. Another thing about this is it probably gets rid of all the weakening of spammed moves. I don't really think it is a big deal, but certainly something for falco mains to look for.

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
This better be taken out in PAL!

tw1n

Smash Champion
It may not be that big of a deal right now but guaranteed if someone here started getting hit with it online or in a tournament match then they will start crying about it.

Grasshopper

Smash Rookie
You can't angle Falco's lasers, its just a normal spam. Its not during the crawl if thats what you were talking abut. Its after he gets knocked down there is an animation where his body slightly goes up again. If you are spamming him during that his body will fling up and down and he can not get out. Nothing can be done to break it.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwaa_Lt9sqQ
Nice Vid, XD

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
To me, it seems like you can roll out upon the initial landing.

also, i would imagine that once you're locked... you're locked until reaching the edge of a stage or upon the halt of falcos laser.

pyroroth

Smash Journeyman
How many levels are flat stages? Even if it doesn't get changed the rules will probably ban those stages if someone chooses falco, or just in general.

saberhof

Smash Master
just screw it cless, people dont even play the game and they already speculate the game is now broken because of Falco's laser...its impossible to bring these people to understand...

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
just screw it cless, people dont even play the game and they already speculate the game is now broken because of Falco's laser...its impossible to bring these people to understand...
Lol I am starting to wish I never brought this up. I revealed this to people so we could all know about it, not so you could be scared and stupid. I think I should have placed some kinda disclaimer when I made this thread.

"IF YOU DON'T SUCK, YOU DON'T NEED TO WORRY."

There, we all understand now.

Edit: Not trying to be mean or anything, but people keep freaking out about the same stuff regarding this. If you are a good player and are worried about this, then you simple need to read more about it.

Cless

Smash Champion
Lol I am starting to wish I never brought this up. I revealed this to people so we could all know about it, not so you could be scared and stupid. I think I should have placed some kinda disclaimer when I made this thread.

"IF YOU DON'T SUCK, YOU DON'T NEED TO WORRY."

There, we all understand now.

Edit: Not trying to be mean or anything, but people keep freaking out about the same stuff regarding this. If you are a good player and are worried about this, then you simple need to read more about it.
This is the guy that found it people. I mean, this is what has to happen for this to work:

1) Firstly, the stage has to be flat

2) Secondly, you have to get knocked into the air somehow, and Falco has to be able to recover from the move that knocks you into the air before you fall and hit the ground. This means that the move has to knock you a little ways into the air.

3) Thirdly, you have to not tech, wiggle out of being stunned, or jump so that Falco can catch you in your bouncing animation when you land.

I mean, if you don't avoid this situation with so many options open to you, well, then you deserve to get caught in the infinite, and it's not even an infinite when there's no wall.

lengeta

Smash Ace
I'd just like to add that fast-falling a d-air gives you little-to-no lag that can be followed up into a combo. It can be extremely easy at times to knock someone into a Laser lock-on. Having said that, this is still a difficult technique to accomplish competitively. It doesn't seem game-breaking or anything, and could easily be banned, ala wobbling.

unreon

Smash Ace
I want to sooo see a method where this could be easily abused. Please please please.

The river of tears bursting from the depths of Smashboards would be absolutely GLORIOUS.

Top Bottom