• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco's Footstool Combo

AlCaTraz644

Smash Apprentice
WoW... that's a really good combo makes me want to play falco jp. Nice NIce great way to get into a laser lock, the only problem is an actually good oppenent could either DI or just tech roll to evade it. Either way it's pretty cool.

See if you could do it in a match against a good player and record it too

Galeon

Smash Ace
WoW... that's a really good combo makes me want to play falco jp. Nice NIce great way to get into a laser lock, the only problem is an actually good oppenent could either DI or just tech roll to evade it. Either way it's pretty cool.

See if you could do it in a match against a good player and record it too
can't tech a footstool.

J4pu

Smash Champion
taht was **** awesome, now to implement in a real battle, just need to time it so that the Dair hits after the get-up attack that 90% of people do every time

Enochuout

Smash Journeyman
Make another less crapy video and test it more.
Wow, what a prick. His video is fine. If you can't see what is going on, you're ********.

Anyways, combo looks sick. I don't know how viable it'll be, but it's worth playing with. So far I don't seem to be having much success turning footstool spikes into laser locks, but perhaps I'm missing a component.

D

Deleted member

I seems like the person might be able to roll away after the footstool, because it takes Falco a really long time to come back down with the Dair. But really good thinking, I'm gonna fool around with this and see if it works.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Actually, I added a second one. Its a little better and clearer. _X_ had a good reason to bit**.

Just like combos in melee, it takes precise timing and quick reaction speed. When it's done fast enough and correctly, I believe it's inescapable. They can't roll away because they have to bounce before moving. If the weak down air hits fast enough, they can't do anything. The only way to get out of it is DI.

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
doubt itl work for two reasons:
1)the person is not gonna sit there that long after getting footstooled
2)tech the Dair
but hey if its there why not try it. i guess its possible to pull off
all in all, nice find

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
doubt itl work for two reasons:
1)the person is not gonna sit there that long after getting footstooled
2)tech the Dair
but hey if its there why not try it. i guess its possible to pull off
all in all, nice find

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Not completely sure but I don't think you can tech the Dair. I think it acts like a jab lock thing. If doesn't matter how long the player wants to sit there. I did it on a level 9 computer and I don't think some player has a better reaction time than a level 9. (I did it to him while fighting him, not on stop mode in practice.) I just did it with no one on the controller to show it off because I didn't want to have to deal with the stupid computer.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
The last grab on a chain grab I guess. Don't know who or what it would work on, but we see this version works on GaW. I just need to do a little bit more DI testing after the down throws and possibly wake up time on the floor.

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
can someone test the Dair and see if it is techable? if it isnt this could actually be a great find

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
That was so fly. Even if it's techable, most people would fail to tech. This combo is sick, and even if it's slightly escapable, that doesn't mean it's not worth trying to break it out on someone for a stock. It turns Falco's grab into a stock on virtually every character, breaking the game if it works without escape. (I second Falco btw).

Even if it's escapable, so is almost everything else in Brawl. Hell, your opponent could just not get grabbed, that doesn't mean grabs should not be used, lol.

I'm gonna try and break this out on someone.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Just by looking at it, I can kinda tell that it cannot be teched. GaW doesn't bounce off of the ground(hit the ground) before the laser hits him. He just hovers over it.

kupo15

Smash Hero
that is really neat. i think he did a full hop footstool so if you want to get there quicker, you can with the short hop footstool but the timing for the jab lock may not work or landing lag, idk i don't play falco. I am positive that is a true combo from the looks of it

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Surprisingly, its a short hop. Full hop puts you into bubble. :-/ Oh and btw I did some testing anddddd it works on Lucario (2nd and 3rd grab from 0%), Pit(3rd grab from 0%), and MetaKnight XD(2nd grab from 0%) You can still footstool into down air metaknight on the 3rd grab but the down air pops him out of the jab lock state.

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
Surprisingly, its a short hop. Full hop puts you into bubble. :-/ Oh and btw I did some testing anddddd it works on Lucario (2nd and 3rd grab from 0%), Pit(3rd grab from 0%), and MetaKnight XD(2nd grab from 0%) You can still footstool into down air metaknight on the 3rd grab but the down air pops him out of the jab lock state.

YEEAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!! :bee:

Azorpatch

Smash Cadet
Today while fighting my brother I attempted this on his Donkey kong. At low percent it footstools as if he was standing normally. At high percent it seems that he can avoid being reached. Can someone test it on Dk aswell?

§witch

Smash Lord
Yup, this is a true combo guys. Works on level 9's and they have inhuman reaction time, it's just working this into a normal game that's going to be difficult. BTW, this works on DK from the third dthrow.

EDIT: I got yoshi from 3 as well. it doesn't work on any of the heavy characters unfortunately, like snake, ike link, fox, wolf, etc.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Anti-heavy characters is chain grab to spike and spam lasers. Vs Fox and Wolf, set C-stick to attack and chain grab to fall off non fast fall spike.

Krayn

Smash Apprentice
Nice nice. gonna have to check out a few things. BTW are the laser locks allowed in tourneys?

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Everyone needs to ban something to keep Falco down. Florida banned Jungle Japes because I 3 stocked the top Snake player who consistently gets first in about one minute.

Top Bottom