• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco's double lasers, the right way (they should be able to hit Kirby!)***video***

Kazon

Smash Cadet
ok, just to get it:
no fastfalling when SHDL, am i right?
and what about SHL?

onoez

Smash Cadet
lil nob q: What is the best way to sh? I used y to jump in melee, but maybe just using the control stick is better?

Siyro

Smash Journeyman
Using the double lasers as soon as you have left the ground is not entirely wrong. It was developed as an early Falco technique in conjunction with a reflector to make a special wall.

Basically the idea was a short hop, instantly followed up by two lasers then a reflector. It develops what people called a wall where the opponent could not jump to use airials or attack front on.

But this technique did have it's flaws, if you did not hit with the reflector the delay gave your opponent time to punish you.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Cool thing to do.

Run of the stage, double jump back on, reverse double lasers. If you double jump back on at the right height, you can hit a crawling Snake/Sheik with both lasers. If you're not bad, you can do it at most the same right as normal SHDLs.

I was playing some Melee Falco and I siimply wondered, "why don't I do this in Brawl? lol".

It's nice with run off quick reverse Forward B (something you should of seen Sethlon use alot).

Yojimbo

Smash Journeyman
This is a very helpful guide. I've been working on my laser game, but I can't get the reverse double laser down. How is that performed? I've got how the SHDL works and it's worked quite well, I just need to work on not screwing over my timing during a real match.

The Bird

Smash Apprentice
hmm, from the vid, well aren't short hops. shorter? That looks more like a single hop NOT a short hop.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Wow, it's a short hop...

Do you know the difference between Falco's Jumps?

OverLade

Smash Hero
I don't know if this has already been cleared up, but isn't it impossible to hit taller characters twice?

StarHawk_30

Smash Rookie
you know if you do a short hop backwards double laser most of the times the second laser will be a silent laser

BladerZ528

Smash Rookie
awesome vid thumbs up but pshwaaa why does it need to be able to hit kirby? I can care less about kirby! All i care is that if it hits broken metaknight! =O!

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
I have a hard time hitting below Mario's face, unless something random happens where a shot goes off when i land and there is no animation or lag.

ftl

Smash Journeyman

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
i finally got it.

its cool, my friend has a really good falco and when id fight him hed like always shoot silent ones, and im like wut the heck lol did he put a silencer on his gun?

thanks for the help

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
Should the second laser be able to hit characters such as Meta Knight or Kirby?
Because I highly doubt that NJzFinest edited the title . . . wtf. Did you not read the title when you clicked it? Did you not bother to read inside the thread or look at the attached video? Or did you just search double lasers and clicked the first thread or something? I'm befuddled.

j-toushirou

Smash Rookie
HELP!!! i can´tdo SHDL ...no puedo hacer el shdl y eso me desespera y ya me canse de traducir estos post en ingles si algun latino o español a alguien me puede ayudar y decirme en mi idiomaESPAÑOL como hacer shdl se los agradeceria enormemente att un fanatico de falco mi correo es christian-anime@hotmail.com

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
"HELP! i can'tdo SHDL ... I can not do shdl and I despair and I already tired to translate post in English if any Latin or Spanish to someone can help me and tell me how to make my shdl SPANISH language they are most grateful att a fan of my email is christian-anime@hotmail.com falco"

Also imo this thread should've been stickied long ago.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Dayum son. Q&A thread next time.

(anyone round here speak spanish?)
Tbh I got a blast from the past with the old "how do I SHDL?"

Also need Marcbri to answer lololol

Notra

Smash Ace
close this thread.

THERE IS NO CORRECT TIMING.

u dont silent everytime. u aim ur lazerS. if they r where its silent then cool. If u play a d3 silent isnt always better.
and this is VERY known. like why bring it up known......

10rages

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Yeah, I don't know why people keep bumping my thread lol. Isn't like, every Falco already doing this lol? They can figure this out by just watching videos.

I don't really care though, if they don't know, they don't know. No harm in asking, especially they're taking the time to use the search option to find the one specific thread for lasering. I'm actually impressed xD

And Notra, you'd be surprised at what people ask in the Melee forums. I understand how you feel haha.

Top Bottom