• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcon's Gun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160

Does this strike anyone else as odd, since he didn't have it in any other Smash game? Could it factor into his moveset? Discuss.

He kinda had one in Brawl, but it wasn't as conspicuous.

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
possibly as a custom move whole lotta possibilitys

Ragna22

Smash Ace
He's always had a gun that he never really uses even in the F-Zero games so this is nothing new, yeah you don't see it in Smash 64 there but that that has more to do with the game's limited graphics, most of the items were 2D objects made to look 3D, in Melee the gun is on the other side, in Brawl you can see the gun if you paused the game.

Either way at this point changing Falcon's move set will only bring more anger than happiness because Falcon's current move set is so iconic to the Smash community that taking away one move in favor of a new one wouldn't exactly go well unless he gets a taunt where he pulls out the gun and from there you can shoot with it as if it were a ray gun or something, that's the safest way to do it

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
He's always had a gun that he never really uses even in the F-Zero games so this is nothing new, yeah you don't see it in Smash 64 there but that that has more to do with the game's limited graphics, most of the items were 2D objects made to look 3D, in Melee the gun is on the other side, in Brawl you can see the gun if you paused the game.

Either way at this point changing Falcon's move set will only bring more anger than happiness because Falcon's current move set is so iconic to the Smash community that taking away one move in favor of a new one wouldn't exactly go well unless he gets a taunt where he pulls out the gun and from there you can shoot with it as if it were a ray gun or something, that's the safest way to do it
and custom moves?

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Well custom moves for everyone except Mii and Palutena are just minor alterations of existing moves, if the gun is a custom move they'd probably have him pull a Devil May Cry in the sense that he falcon punches with the gun in his hand and at the end of it the gun shoots the flaming falcon as a projectile.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Well custom moves for everyone except Mii and Palutena are just minor alterations of existing moves, if the gun is a custom move they'd probably have him pull a Devil May Cry in the sense that he falcon punches with the gun in his hand and at the end of it the gun shoots the flaming falcon as a projectile.
It just hit me, a flaming flying falcon erupts from the barrel of his gun. Only that could work as anything projectile-worthy for the Manly Falcon:shades:.

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
i always forget that fact sorry

Speculator

Smash Ace
He is supposed to be a bounty hunter, makes sense that he would carry a blaster.

cypher_

Smash Rookie
NNID
mtagmann
It would be interesting to see him unholster his gun in this game, but I don't see that happening, as much as he needs range options :p

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Best scenario possible is @ Ragna22 Ragna22 's comment about Flaming Falcon Bullets.

That or just him using it in his taunt:shades: 2008 Brawl taunts all over again.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
He's always had a gun that he never really uses even in the F-Zero games
He does actually take it out in GX, but doesn't use it. He uses it in the comic from the original F-Zero, which does have content in Smash. That's where the Falcon Flyer came from.

I honestly think he should have used it in the beginning, since it's just a lazer gun, but too late for it now. He'll never NOT be a Super Sentai in Smash lol.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
He does actually take it out in GX, but doesn't use it. He uses it in the comic from the original F-Zero, which does have content in Smash. That's where the Falcon Flyer came from.

I honestly think he should have used it in the beginning, since it's just a lazer gun, but too late for it now. He'll never NOT be a Super Sentai in Smash lol.
I don't remember but did he ever take it out in the anime? I only remember one fight scene from the anime and it was when he fought Blood Falcon in that warehouse.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I don't remember but did he ever take it out in the anime? I only remember one fight scene from the anime and it was when he fought Blood Falcon in that warehouse.
Never watched it, so unfortunately I can't say.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
@ Spinosaurus Spinosaurus & @ Ragna22 Ragna22 I can help re-confirm it because I'm at that part in the Falcon Densetsu anime. I'll update later.

But for the quote about him drawing it out of his holster, that's true I've played enough F-Zero GX Very Hard story mode & rage-quitted enough times finally beating it all, to know he did do that.

Last edited:

Ragna22

Smash Ace
@ Spinosaurus Spinosaurus & @ Ragna22 Ragna22 I can help re-confirm it because I'm at that part in the Falcon Densetsu anime. I'll update later.

But for the quote about him drawing it out of his holster, that's true I've played enough F-Zero GX Very Hard story mode & rage-quitted enough times finally beating it all, to know he did do that.
I honestly forgot he even pulled it out in GX, then again I never actually completed it and just used an Action Replay to get all the AX racers.

Twewy

Smash Lord
Does this strike anyone else as odd, since he didn't have it in any other Smash game? Could it factor into his moveset?
It was right there in all three, granted in the holster, but it wasn't as prominent.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I know he had his gun in Melee and Brawl, but it was well hidden in his holster.
In this game, it's in plain sight.

D

Deleted member

Hmm, yeah, he had his gun since the beginning, although like most people said, you couldn't see it in Smash 64 due to its limited graphics and stuff. I think it's there just for cosmetic purposes, I don't see him using it as a move in Smash Bros. 4.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Falcon is usually seen carrying a gun but I'm almost certain he won't ever use it in Smash. In one of Sakurai's Miiverse post about the ray gun he mentions about modifying it to look less like a real gun. I remember also hearing an interview during Brawl's development that they purposely didn't add Snake's gun because it was too realistic. Personally, this doesn't make sense looking at Fox's blaster and Snake using other real world weapons like RPG's, C4, Drones, etc...

•Col•

Smash Champion
Give it the Ganondorf sword treatment from Brawl . Have Captain Falcon take the gun out, twirl it all around Revolver Ocelot style as a taunt.... Then holster it and go back to punching/kicking people.

Falcon doesn't need no stinkin guns.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
I'm pretty sure Falcon won't be using that gun. The circle is now complete. Now Captain Falcon is a Ganondorf clone.:troll:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I think it would be interesting if Captain Falcon could use the gun, I sure NEVER noticed it until now. But I don't think its likely.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Finally, the gun gets noticed. He's a bounty hunter, so I've been waiting for it to be a bit more prominent like in SSB4.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Something similar was discussed about Sheik and why she doesn't use her dagger. Sakurai says that he does his best to make most characters not use (realistic) guns or weapons like knives because young children could get access to these and try to imitate their favorite characters.

I think Falcon's gun is a lazer gun so I don't think it should be a problem, but maybe it's Sakurai who thinks it looks too realistic, but we can't know about this.

Psychoace

Smash Champion
I've been waiting for falcon to use his gun since 64. If it's not a part of his custom movesets I will rage.

Something similar was discussed about Sheik and why she doesn't use her dagger. Sakurai says that he does his best to make most characters not use (realistic) guns or weapons like knives because young children could get access to these and try to imitate their favorite characters.

I think Falcon's gun is a lazer gun so I don't think it should be a problem, but maybe it's Sakurai who thinks it looks too realistic, but we can't know about this.
That doesn't really make sense considering marth, link, roy, ike, kirby, meta knight, toon link/young link etc use swords which can easily be made in real life and look just as threatening if not more so. Also Snake has very realistic looking rocket launchers, c4, claymores, grenades, mortars etc.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
The only valid argument I can make for the topic of Falcon / Sheik not using their designating weapons i.e. lazer gun knives is that sheik's dagger would bring inspiration to kids grabbing kitchen knives / steak knives & using them from the game's influence. Lazer gun shouldn't be an issue like everyone's else comments. Swords / Snake's explosive move-set kit are beyond more dangerous so. . .yeah I wanna see Falcon use it somehow, whether it be from custom move-set, taunting showing it off but not using it, or used during his victory scene results.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
The only valid argument I can make for the topic of Falcon / Sheik not using their designating weapons i.e. lazer gun knives is that sheik's dagger would bring inspiration to kids grabbing kitchen knives / steak knives & using them from the game's influence. Lazer gun shouldn't be an issue like everyone's else comments. Swords / Snake's explosive move-set kit are beyond more dangerous so. . .yeah I wanna see Falcon use it somehow, whether it be from custom move-set, taunting showing it off but not using it, or used during his victory scene results.
Really? Sakurai thinks kids are that naive?

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Really? Sakurai thinks kids are that naive?
If you meant naive as lack of judgement then yes, I could see Sakurai thinking of the kids' sake of being that way. When I was a kid I pretended sticks were swords so I guess, but I never imitated actual metal in my hands for sword-play. Then again I can't compare myself back when I was a kid towards other kids today. Kids can be derp & slurp sometimes

Last edited:
I actually like that Falcon never uses the gun. It gives me the impression that he would rather go down with honor then pull his gun out. It also give the impression that he has the situation under more control then he lets on. He only carries it so he can use it if someone else was in trouble, but he'll go down using raw Falcon power instead of just shooting his opponents.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
I've been waiting for falcon to use his gun since 64. If it's not a part of his custom movesets I will rage.

That doesn't really make sense considering marth, link, roy, ike, kirby, meta knight, toon link/young link etc use swords which can easily be made in real life and look just as threatening if not more so. Also Snake has very realistic looking rocket launchers, c4, claymores, grenades, mortars etc.
The difference is children don't have access to mediaval swords, and they're not all that realistic.
Same thing with Snake, you would have to be a TERRIBLE parent if your kid could even touch any of these.
Snake actually goes in favor or Sakurai's thoughts, as Snake uses a lot of guns in his games, but in Smash he uses everything from his games EXCEPT guns.

Note that it's not what I think, but what Sakurai thinks. I don't think Falcon's lazer gun is that realistic since, well, it's a lazer gun, but that's a decision that only Sakurai can make.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I'm not saying that this isn't what Sakurai is thinking but it doesn't make sense. As I mention in my previous post in one of his Miiverse post about the ray gun he is trying to make it look less like a real gun. Of course Fox's blaster looks the same though. And if you don't want kids to imitate people in a fighting game then maybe you shouldn't give a kid character a baseball bat (e.g. Ness).

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Forget the gun, Falcon didn't randomly switch his holster and shoulder pad around for once. Pattern Busters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom