• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcons current metagame - in detail

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
See we can accomplish a lot more when we act in a civil manner ;) sorry, I was kind of a ****. I just hate it when people shoot down my posts without giving any reasons. That's why I almost never post here. I know my **** (apparently nothing about footstools though :p)

I actually just dropped diddy because he was no fun...
WTF?! Bish pick him back up. Diddy is hella fun to use. You can create some of the most insane and most damaging, non-KOing combos with him.

Also, I'd like to see your usage of Uair, since you claim to be unique with it.

I will never let anyone say "Falcon Kick isn't good", and get away with it, without some form of why it's not good to them. Falcon Kick has a lot of good things going for it that I find more than enough reason to use it. It's definitely Falcon's most underrated move in his arsenal. It has great priority over some to a lot of moves.

Another move no one tends to talk about or use in regularity is Falcon Dive, and there's a bunch of legit **** you can do with Falcon Dive to make it worth using all the time. Dash Attack into Falcon Dive, Jab to Falcon Dive, and more.

gameandwatch 4 Lyfe

Smash Journeyman
Falcon kick and dive have uses, but the lag on them if you miss, or sometimes when you hit is just lolrapeme. I dunno, maybe I'm wrong but I can't see hem being that great. I like to use sideb when I think my opponent will spot dodge/roll. It sets up uair ****.
I'll have vidz up when I can, probably next week, me against some of IL's best players

xYoh

Smash Cadet
When you use falcon kick on an opponent with low smash, it has very low hit stun and a lot of lag. So you usually get punished, after hitting as well.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
A big part of Falcon's Metagame is to change character after you got beat in the first round.
...Naaah, I'm just kidding.

25KNEE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Everything34

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Yeah, thanks to Ganon for that.

While wasting my time in training mode I found out that buffering a raptor boost after a SH offstage Nair/Dair gives Falcon an instant edgegrab (while this is impossible without the RB).
It also works with ledgehop'd Nair and Dair, so now Falcon can ledgehop all of his aerials and safely regrab the edge.

Raptor boost is too good.

I'm going to look more into buffer stuff with Falcon.

PS : You can also SH offstage Dair > DJ Dair (or any other aerial) > land without any lag.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Yeah, thanks to Ganon for that.

While wasting my time in training mode I found out that buffering a raptor boost after a SH offstage Nair/Dair gives Falcon an instant edgegrab (while this is impossible without the RB).
It also works with ledgehop'd Nair and Dair, so now Falcon can ledgehop all of his aerials and safely regrab the edge.

Raptor boost is too good.

I'm going to look more into buffer stuff with Falcon.

PS : You can also SH offstage Dair > DJ Dair (or any other aerial) > land without any lag.
That reminds me of Marth's instant regrab ability with DS.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
We might as well make a new thread seeing that Knee hasn't been on in years.

Once I get my laptop I'll do my best to clean up the Falcon Boards.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Pivot grab is awsum to do fake runaways.

Or jab>jab>runaway>pivot grab on people with combobreakers like Luigi.

And the range boost compared to standing grab is huge.

Player-3

Smash Hero
check the times teluo

i couldnt have typed that to you in under a minute

lul

PGs **** people who airdodge into the stage

Top Bottom