• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcon's AT Guide (WIP)

IcantWin

Smash Journeyman
Hai guys, post is going to be bookmarked on my browser, will be working on this until it's done, I'm adding a reply to reserve.

** Feel free to give me a PM with any ATs you've found specifically regarding Falcon. Anything else, I'll be referring to the AT guide in the Advanced Section to give all Falcon users some more insight into the matter. **

YesISpeakChinese

Smash Apprentice
are there that many advanced techniques
here are some stuff that might be AT stuff i guess,
stutter step- extends fsmash (i assume you know about this)
some raptor boost tricks like ledge lift and extending the raptor boost with a dashdance motion
the super extended falcon punch from pit's mirror/ jiggs/ shieks vanish and the flag from mario
i might get some links later for stuff

Roager

Smash Ace
Depending on whether or not Sniperfire's stuff works, he built a combo that works against a low % DK, and a short, alternating chaingrab (fthrow, dthrow, fthrow, etc.) that is a good damage builder against little people (Ness, Lucas and Pika are as close to confirmed as I can tell. I mean, he said it works, but I haven't seen any. I'm hopeful.) if we see some confirmation in video, it might be stuff to add.

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
theres the raptor hogging (do a haduken backwards while raptor boosting towards the edge)
the already mentioned raptor lift (raptor boost a hanging opponent and combo them out of it with an aerial)
theres the edge spike (short hop raptor boost a hanging opponent, timing is precise)
the reverse raptor boost which was already mentioned (tap backward right after doing a raptor boost to turn the opposite way and slightly increase the length of it)
falcon kick cancel (falcon kick and make the ending animation land right off the edge allowing falcon to jump out of the kick and follow with an aerial)
sacred recovery (when on the edge, tap back, jump, b then forward and falcon will do a reverse falcon punch off the edge and land on the stage)
the already mentioned mock waveland
the dash attack cancel into up smash which removes that big slide (dash - down smash - up z)

i think thats about it, there are quite a few, but none of them are really efficient and most are hard to use in battle.

IcantWin

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the input so far, the "guide" is coming along as planned.

To answer a few questions:

This isn't a "Falcon Specific" AT thread, but it's going to be full of some of the useful techniques, AT's you should master, and other rubbish on our favorite Nipple Enforcer.

NOTE: Had the day off today so I was able to jot some stuff down after some wifi matches and intense training (queue Epic Choir Music). Once It's done it will be posted, don't wanna pull it off in small sections, as the usefulness of it might fade.

IcantWin

Smash Journeyman
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=185168

take it or continue it, i kinda left Falcon for another main.............
MAY THE POWER OF CHRI....NIPPLES COMPELL YOU!
MAY THE POWER OF CH... NIPPLES COMPELL YOU!
MY GOD JOHN, IT'S TOO LATE! HE'S A GONER!!

------

Back to the point. I suppose I could do that, I'll see what I can do :)
BTW I'm sending you a PM now, we gunna wifi weather you like it or not you canadian piece of... flower??

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
What's wrong with beating him with your Falcon?
because literally everyone in Toronto uses MK, I like my community in Niagara, every single one of them are beastly players, that don't need to use MK, and with them im confident in Falcon but for the other guys................

IcantWin

Smash Journeyman
because literally everyone in Toronto uses MK, I like my community in Niagara, every single one of them are beastly players, that don't need to use MK, and with them im confident in Falcon but for the other guys................
Well last tourney I was at in CT, one of the ESTICLES, Azen won with (Kirby or Lucario) and Chudat came in second with I think Kirby. Good to see deviants of the standard Snake MK bullcrap that enters every tourney.

I'd LOVE to see more IC's, as they are also immensely overpowered if used correctly.

IcantWin

Smash Journeyman
OH THE DELAYS!

Work's been a real stresser, so I'm taking a few off to work on this and some other real life crap (what real life???)

Sorry for the delays, been writing it all down on paper until it's finished.

MarTh-

Smash Apprentice
AT:
The 80% Dair --> knee
from around 70-90+(on heavier characters its easier) dair provides enough hitstun to true combo from dair -->ground recover--> knee.

The 50-95% Dair-->Uair
Dair-->ground recover-->Uair is another option that's more flexible than the Dair --> knee to get a true combo in, becaouse of Uairs range & speed.

The reverse falcon punch, I think everyone knows this already though

Falcon Kick(aerial) as edge hog (False Strat sorry)
Opponent must be on edge, not in invincibility frames when hit. SH->Falcon Kick, hitting the ground at the end of the ledge next to your opponent has a disjunct hitbox which will spike your opponent downwards.

Raptor Boost aerial spike
When you use raptor boost(side-B) in the air, falcon sends his opponent downwards. After this is used though you can not use secondary jump or UpB, it's best used towards the stage or above water, such as delphino's island or pirate ship.

Roager

Smash Ace
AT:
The 80% Dair --> knee
from around 70-90+(on heavier characters its easier) dair provides enough hitstun to true combo from dair -->ground recover--> knee.

The 50-95% Dair-->Uair
Dair-->ground recover-->Uair is another option that's more flexible than the Dair --> knee to get a true combo in, becaouse of Uairs range & speed.

The reverse falcon punch, I think everyone knows this already though

Falcon Kick(aerial) as edge hog
Opponent must be on edge, not in invincibility frames when hit. SH->Falcon Kick, hitting the ground at the end of the ledge next to your opponent has a disjunct hitbox which will spike your opponent downwards.

Raptor Boost aerial spike
When you use raptor boost(side-B) in the air, falcon sends his opponent downwards. After this is used though you can not use secondary jump or UpB, it's best used towards the stage or above water, such as delphino's island or pirate ship.
I havent heard anything about Falcon Kick spiking, but if it can, thats pretty awesome. Also, the Raptor Boost spike is rarely powerful enough to kill through water, but it does serve a great purpose in destroying people who try to jump out and gimp you. More importantly, if you learn the spacing, you can SH it from the stage, and even if they airdodge or somethign, youll probably still be able to ledgegrab. Unless, you know, edgehogged, but still.

MarTh-

Smash Apprentice
I havent heard anything about Falcon Kick spiking, but if it can, thats pretty awesome. Also, the Raptor Boost spike is rarely powerful enough to kill through water, but it does serve a great purpose in destroying people who try to jump out and gimp you. More importantly, if you learn the spacing, you can SH it from the stage, and even if they airdodge or somethign, youll probably still be able to ledgegrab. Unless, you know, edgehogged, but still.
SOrry, I just tested it & only works for ganons wizard foot. Oops

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
ATTENTION ALL FALCON MAINS

auto-canceling is not as fast as you may think, in fact a FF Nair is wayyyyy quicker than a auto canceled Nair. This also applies to Uair, Dair and Fair are the only aerials you should auto canceled

that is all

Tenki

Smash Hero
Falcon wavedash! . . lol

ATTENTION ALL FALCON MAINS

auto-canceling is not as fast as you may think, in fact a FF Nair is wayyyyy quicker than a auto canceled Nair. This also applies to Uair, Dair and Fair are the only aerials you should auto canceled

that is all
rofl it's silly you had to bring it up, but the situation you're guarding against is probably true.

I think that can be said for U-air as well. I've done U-air>jab before =/

Also, more "AT"ish for Falcon,

Dash Pivot Slide (?)
Desc: Lets you slide in a standing position out of a run, but only in the opposite direction of the run.

From a full run, turn around and hold in that direction. You'll have to learn the timing for this yourself, but almost immediately after you move, release the control stick and Falcon will slide in standing position. This can slide up to a little past Falcon's foxtrot distance. (So if you run backwards, the 'furthest' you can slide forward if you turn as soon as you hit fulldash is the 'starting point')

Notable moves that I've done out of this:
Jab (sliding jab, which I saw in Ayaz's thread)
Spotdodge (sliding spotdodge! rofl)
Shieldgrab (lolyesss sliding shieldgrab)

Crazy Cloud

Smash Journeyman
Well last tourney I was at in CT, one of the ESTICLES, Azen won with (Kirby or Lucario) and Chudat came in second with I think Kirby. Good to see deviants of the standard Snake MK bullcrap that enters every tourney.
LOL. Sadly, this is the last one I attended too. I've been too busy to brandish my new Jiggs yet, but hopefully sometime soon. We'll have to figure out a tourney we can both go to, we can form a low tier doubles team xD.

Anyways, let me know if you need any help with getting replays of your stuff uploaded. I'll be more than happy to do it.

FAILchion-

OH HE'S SO PRINGLES
The Final Countdown is now playing in your head.

I'd LOVE to see more IC's, as they are also immensely overpowered if used correctly.
I play an average Capt. Falcon (or a little above, but nothing to be called amazing), and one of my friends nearly 3-stocked me with her Ice Climbers. She 0-to-death'd be twice in a row. It was extremely embarrassing, since that has never happened before. But soon enough, when people discover every nook and cranny of the Ice Climbers' metagame, I can assure you the road for top tier will be open to them someday.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
LOL. Sadly, this is the last one I attended too. I've been too busy to brandish my new Jiggs yet, but hopefully sometime soon. We'll have to figure out a tourney we can both go to, we can form a low tier doubles team xD.

Anyways, let me know if you need any help with getting replays of your stuff uploaded. I'll be more than happy to do it.
dude, could you please upload one (or more) of my replays
as I need the 'edgecancel'd falcon kick to knee 'combo'' on youtube..(so I can put it in my thread to show what I mean for those who don't understand:))
and I don't have the stuff to upload it myself :/
So could you please do this?
If you can, I'll update this post with my FC and wii code thingy:)

MarTh-

Smash Apprentice
as I need the 'edgecancel'd falcon kick to knee 'combo'' on youtube..(so I can put it in my thread to show what I mean for those who don't understand:))
Falcon Kick edgecanel'd to knee combo? That sounds really interesting could you PM me a link to it once it's up?

Crazy Cloud

Smash Journeyman
Yessir, I'd be more than happy to :laugh:.

I'm going to sleep now, but tomorrow's good for me. Sorry for responding to this so late. I'll edit it when I get up with my FC and Wii code.

fruityman

Smash Cadet
Not sure if this is on here or not but I found a neat trick while playing with CT.
Reverse Raptor Dodge
1. Dash Backwards
2. Raptor Boost In the direction you were facing before the dash

What happens is falcon moves a good distance back in an instant and then raptor boosts.
This allows CT to dodge an attack and then punish the opponent.
Try it out. It's kinda satisfying.:laugh:

Top Bottom