• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcon Punch is Underrated.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Seems like Peach could have avoided that a little better. She almost looked like she was falling into it on purpose. I don't that Falcon Punches are Underrated, I just think that the Peach you fought was OVERrated.

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
WOW that peach was pretty bad, and you almost lost....
:ohwell:
I guess it was kinda funny -_-

Hax

Smash Champion
pretty nice falcon scotu, IMO you should be more patient though.

2 falcon punches in one match, too good.

Justin Wiles

Smash Journeyman
People say Falcon Punch doesn't work 1v1, but they are wrong. You just gotta throw in some mind games, and it's not impossible to pull one off.

I always catch people with it because they always assume that I'm Falcon Punching TOWARD them, when in fact I'm facing the wrong way. Alot of the time, instead of counter-attacking right away they go, "Oh snap, I don't have time!" and roll behind me... or rather, right into my punch. Good times.

WFL

Smash Journeyman
Well, G-Reg, that's because you're bad.
I'm sure saying G-reg is bad is going against one of the ten commandments or something so yeah.

I like your falcon's style scotu. I find that falcon punching as much as possible will help you **** Peach as much as possible.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Attn. Mods: Please do not close this awesome thread simply because someone said G-reg was bad. That would heart a thread that G-reg agreed with.

On another note: All those who commented on my Falcon: please check out the thread I made, since my falcon needs critique (it's got more vids there)

Morkexil

Smash Apprentice
Any Falcon Punch I do is always on accident, I dont think anything could convince me that its a good move worth using much. Sure theres times when edgeguarding where its a pretty safe bet that its gonna connect, but why depend on such a slow move when you could just edgeguard with a knee, back air, or forward smash? Everyone messes up thier timing now and then so why risk using such a slow move that has a lot of lag, seems like just a flashy thing to add that has a higher % chance of screwing you up. With that being said though you have a pretty nice Falcon.

metroidmania

Smash Cadet
I don't think it's underrated. When timed right it's pretty deadly (as shown.) But I've seen it used, not often, but quite a bit, usually being charged while in the air and coming down as part of a combo.

inside

Smash Journeyman
I use the falcon punch sometimes during matches, I play the way I usually play and then, when my opponent doesn't see it coming I falcon punch around once per stock, just to see how they react to the attack, if they use it to their advantage to the max and totally poontangies me after doing the attack or do they just dodge it.

muesli

Smash Journeyman
Germany, Waldkirch (nobody knows this place)!
Attn. Mods: Please do not close this awesome thread simply because someone said G-reg was bad. That would heart a thread that G-reg agreed with.

On another note: All those who commented on my Falcon: please check out the thread I made, since my falcon needs critique (it's got more vids there)
Awesome ?? More or less...
Falcon Punch is his best move :p directly after the KNEEE!
You are doing to often the Nair of CF.
Next time please try to get the sound better of the vid, or put some music in. :dizzy:

muesli :)

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Ok, so this thread isn't awesome, i was just talking it up. And sorry for the hard sound, I figured out what the problem is, and it wont be like that anymore.

Top Bottom