• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Falcon CHAT! The Captain Falcon Social Thread

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
What do you think they'll MSRP for in the US? I haven't found any info on it but I haven't really looked too hard. I'm guessing around 18 or 20.
I assume the Yarn Yoshi amiibos? Most likely $12.99-$14.99 individually.

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
I assume the Yarn Yoshi amiibos? Most likely $12.99-$14.99 individually.
I would agree but they're bigger than the regular amiibo and the pre order prices on AmiAmi and other import sites seem to suggest a higher mark. I think the pre orders on AmiAmi (before they sold out) were something like 19 dollars?

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I would agree but they're bigger than the regular amiibo and the pre order prices on AmiAmi and other import sites seem to suggest a higher mark. I think the pre orders on AmiAmi (before they sold out) were something like 19 dollars?
Huh, didn't know about that. Generally, the prices compared to overseas and the US are ranged differently which explains my lower price range. But, it wouldn't be a surprise if they costed more than the Mario and Smash lines.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Tbh, I don't rely on looking up frame data for a character, nor do I really care for it. I'm just not THAT competitive I suppose...

God bless. Thank you for the data.

Any of you guys amiibo hunters? Anyone having any luck with the latest Shulk/Marth/Meta Knight restock? I got screwed every chance for them.
I almost got a Shulk amiibo at a Gamestop when they were restocked, but failed. I'm happy with my Fox and Captain Falcon amiibo, nonetheless.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Whelp, no F-Zero this year. Sigh.
Ahaha..yeah. :c F-Zero and Sin & Punishment have basically been my pipe-dream games.

Star Fox use to be a pipe-dream. :bluejump:So happy it's back! And I'm surprisingly okay with it being a re-imagining of the N64 game because new missions and Star Fox 2 stuff. AND IT NOT BEING A LAME REMAKE!!!! Not crazy about the returning quotes, though.

Oh yeah, and I know it's not Mother 3 like everyone been wanting, but seeing Mother 1 finally getting a worldwide release actually made me bust into tears....at the end of the trailer.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well...
This is kinda like F-Zero, I guess?
Without the characters. Or the music. Or the crazy racetracks.
But It'll probably be fun anyway, because it will be kinda be like a far superior game series.

On the flip side, everyone should buy this game.
It might make Nintendo say "hey, people like futuristic racing games. We should make one!" On top of that it does look fun, and it won't be a full-priced game.

Tundra

Smash Cadet
NNID
Joyleaf
3DS FC
4012-3240-3546
Dear Sir or Madam. The Peach forum is currently discussing the Captain Falcon matchup in this thread. Please join us, I'm certain we will have the most wonderful time discussing. Tea and scones will be served afterwards.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
It's definitely nothing like F-Zero aside from it being a futuristic racer....but it does look fun.
I'll get it if it's better than that one for the Wii...

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well...
This is kinda like F-Zero, I guess?
Without the characters. Or the music. Or the crazy racetracks.
But It'll probably be fun anyway, because it will be kinda be like a far superior game series.

On the flip side, everyone should buy this game.
It might make Nintendo say "hey, people like futuristic racing games. We should make one!" On top of that it does look fun, and it won't be a full-priced game.
Was just about to post this.

Why Nintendo didn't show this in their Digital Event, is COMPLETELY beyond me.

It looks like F-Zero GX in terms of gameplay and track design. Which I absolutely dig. And the graphics are amazing. If it didn't say it was for Wii U, I'd think this is a PS4 game.

And then it has the content of a retail racing game, it has online, AND it's not even gonna be full price since it's only on eShop.

Seriously, why didn't Nintendo push this more? They should hire them to make an F-Zero game when they're done with this.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
This games is more Wipeout than F Zero tbh. I wouldn't be against playing it but it definitely doesn't have that F Zero feel.

Eureka

Smash Ace
He is a great character to style as. Plus landing a knee, Falcon Punch, or one of his spikes is just so satisfying.

That's just my opinion though haha.
That's no opinion, that is fact. Falcon gives such a visceral reward on almost all of his moves. Fire, electricity, freeze frames, explosions, yelling, it's just satisfying to send people flying as Captain Falcon. Not to mention he's fast and powerful, and everybody loves going fast and being powerful. Also he has what is probably the best, and definitely the most iconic, taunt in the entire series.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
It's amazing how many people can imitate "FALCON...PUNCH!" without actually knowing who Captain Falcon is.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I did a couple more silhouettes of the good captain.

You can click the image if you want to buy merch with that image on it, btw.

Eureka

Smash Ace
I did a couple more silhouettes of the good captain.

You can click the image if you want to buy merch with that image on it, btw.
It's amazing how something as basic as a silhouette can capture the essence of a character so well. Really good job with these, I was defiantly not expecting one of 64 Falcon. What inspired you to make silhouettes in the first place?

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
You can buy scarves omg, too bad the knee one is with a blue background, I would've bought one if it was in red.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
You can buy scarves omg, too bad the knee one is with a blue background, I would've bought one if it was in red.
Changed the backgrounds to red.

It's amazing how something as basic as a silhouette can capture the essence of a character so well. Really good job with these, I was defiantly not expecting one of 64 Falcon. What inspired you to make silhouettes in the first place?
I originally made them due to the Stage Creation Contest about a year ago, I was in the process of making a stage based on Donkey Kong just in case of a future round (I had missed the first DK round) and decided to go with Sunset Shores from DKCR since I loved the silhouette aesthetic. So for the stage I made silhouettes of every playable Smash character... and then I realized that I really enjoyed making them and it vastly improved my skills with Illustrator so I just kept making silhouettes. Branched out to non-Smash characters, then to other franchises, have even done a couple non-video game ones now. I'm really enjoying it, lol. And the funds I get from sales are my video game fund so with every purchase you help feed my crippling addiction! Isn't that great?!

Rizen

Smash Legend
What custom moves would you guys recommend for CF? The only one I like so far is the sliding Falcon Punch.

Eureka

Smash Ace
What custom moves would you guys recommend for CF? The only one I like so far is the sliding Falcon Punch.
I personally like Falcon Strike, decks people who try to sit on the ledge and charge smash attacks. If I recall there are some serious shenanigans you can get into with the Lightning Falcon Kick too.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
My personal favorites:
Falcon Dash Punch
Heavy Raptor Boost
Lighting Kick
Multi Kick
Falcon Strike

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Lightning FK is good because the hitbox when you land with it freezes the opponent for a very long time, allowing you various follow ups like knee or footstool to aerial FK loop.

IIRC the armor on heavy raptor starts when the uppercut animation starts.

Mrwhatzitooya

Smash Journeyman
Just played in my first tournament today, playing as the epitome of manliness himself. Made it to the quarter finals, so pretty happy :D

Got in a couple of spikes, and of course a mighty Falcon Punch xD Best fun i've had in ages!

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
So, I'm thinking of picking up Cap. I've read all the guides etc on here, but I still have two questions. First, what are easy to develop bad falcon habits I need to consciously try to avoid? Second, what combos/strings/manuvers do I need to get comfortable with before practicing with actual people, other than dthrow shenanigans?

Mrwhatzitooya

Smash Journeyman
Congrats ! How many entrants did the tournament have ?
There was 32 entrants, so i made it to the top 8. Got knocked in Losers by a Yoshi and then knocked out by a Sonic. The Yoshi matches were quite entertaining, as both of us SD'd twice in the set, and neither of us SD'd for the rest of the tournament! xD

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
The fact that we could've gotten a F-Zero game at the launch of the Wii U or later makes me hurt inside... It probably would've significantly helped the launch of the console too.

Last edited:

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
Captain Falcon is a really fun character to play. Whenever you spike, Knee, or Falcon Punch it is just so satisfying! You go like ohhh! And after that you save the reply. Lol There was a great moment I had with captain falcon. It was a Captain Falcon diito. I: Down aired to knee. It was amazing but then my opponent was trying to get back on the stage. Boom! I spiked him :p

Lionman

Smash Champion
Going to Gamergy again, big money, spanish community and a lot of pizza. (It starts on friday)

I won the first edition with Smash but i dont hope to win this one, im aiming for 4th at least (250 €) the first prize is 750 € and a trophy, btw this is the Final Cup one, if i lose before earning any money i can join to the Open Cup tournament where everybody can play... but you only learn 250 € if you win, there are also 3ds tournament with Splatoon as a Prize lol, hope to do well.

Last edited:

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Overused covered songs, but it's Jonny Atma! Plus, both songs blend well.

Last edited:

UzakiuzuG

Smash Journeyman

Lionman

Smash Champion
I lost first round 2-3 lol, pikachu mainer, the games were awesome btw, Greward won with Ness vs Robo-Luigi a Rob mainer.

Some good players with chances got the same bad luck as me, when you play in the elite league every match is a hard match, also im focusing in a photography degree so i dont find so much motivation in tryharding smash (I still do but i spend less time)

Playing open cup tomorrow, good players but easier i guess (If you earned money in the final cup you cant play in this cup)

The hardest player is a 13 years old sheik mainer, seriously, that kid is a beast, he wasnt able to play the Final Cup because you need to have 14 or more, he beat Robo-Luigi in the finals of a previous tournament.

Thanks everyone for the support, i will do my best

Last edited:
Top Bottom