• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Falco Patch History

JamesUK7

Smash Cadet
NNID
JamesUK7
3DS FC
4167-4581-3341
You can SHL put definitely not to the extent of the previous titles, there is still too much recover frames on lasers to do so properly
Ah ok, so it still isn't good enough to approach people with then. At least the laser is faster though.

Beetle Juice

Smash Journeyman
Dair isn't faster at all, just placebo. The only change was to the lasers.
Dair has a much faster start up, compared before the patch when he put so much emphasis (it only slows down when it makes any contact on the sweet spoof the move). Also Nair seems to obtain a slight boost in priority and connects better compare to when the opponent would fall off mid attack of the multi-hit.

Goodstyle_4

Smash Journeyman
Dair has a much faster start up, compared before the patch when he put so much emphasis (it only slows down when it makes any contact on the sweet spoof the move). Also Nair seems to obtain a slight boost in priority and connects better compare to when the opponent would fall off mid attack of the multi-hit.
It really doesn't. I tested it side by side with 2 games, Dair seems exactly the same. Only change was the blaster.

Last edited:

JamesUK7

Smash Cadet
NNID
JamesUK7
3DS FC
4167-4581-3341
The only obvious change is the Blaster. Everything else is just a placebo effect. I could be wrong of course...

Cruncher93

Smash Cadet
Falco f-air is one of my favorite moves in the game, too bad to hear it got nerfed. So can I no longer use it to drag my opponent down?

BltzZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BltzZ7
Falco f-air is one of my favorite moves in the game, too bad to hear it got nerfed. So can I no longer use it to drag my opponent down?
Mine too I've been trying to fast fall with it but it doesn't drag him. Falco falls fast but doesnt drag them down. Its still a good move to used off the edge because the knockback is pretty good. If you catch someone with it around 60-70 lower end of the stage theyre usually screwed unless its Villager or lucario dont even waste your time for for Dairs

Last edited:

M@v

Subarashii!
I've been testing it more tonight; Laser locking is confirmed back in, but every character gets up after being locked 3 times (a fourth laser results in them being upright again). I didn't test every single character, but this has been the case for 7-10 I've gone up against, so its safe to assume its cast wide.

So at low percents, you can try dthrow(or ftilt)->read the missed tech-> 3 lasers-> dash towards them->tech chase followup or side b

Last edited:

BltzZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BltzZ7
I've been testing it more tonight; Laser locking is confirmed back in, but every character gets up after being locked 3 times (a fourth laser results in them being upright again). I didn't test every single character, but this has been the case for 7-10 I've gone up against, so its safe to assume its cast wide.

So at low percents, you can try dthrow(or ftilt)->read the missed tech-> 3 lasers-> dash towards them->tech chase followup
Nice i noticed that as well glad to see that back its a free 9% if all hits connect.

NNID
CRQ-L-07
3DS FC
4854-6608-1552
As you may or may not be aware, update 1.0.5 has been released for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS. Among other features like the ability to share replays, it's confirmed by the patch notes that certain fighters have been altered. Our task now is to find any changes to our bird, if they exist, and post them here.

I'll update the OP as we find things, so let's get to it Falco board!

Edit 1: There have been no adjustments made to Falco's attacks regarding damage output since 1.0.4. This has been tested through training mode, so if there are more correct methods of checking this please inform me.

His movement attributes so far have not been modified in any immediately obvious way. He retains his walk, run, and fall speed and jump height.

Edit 2: Of all the moves I've tested so far (all specials, normals except smashes and grabs), none seem to have any altered startup or endlag.

Checking landing dair cancel to see if it still works. Edit: My skills aren't enough to perform that technique on a regular 3DS. If anyone with a New 3DS can check it, be my guest. I'll wait for the Wii U update on this one.

Edit 3: At the time of this edit, no changes to Falco have been found. Until anything contrary to this is found, I will end my research here, and go on my merry way. I may come back once the Wii U version is updated, but I highly doubt anything will be changed.

Last edited:

I Dair You

Smash Ace
NNID
mike824
3DS FC
0834-4241-7942
I distinctly remember grounded lasers being slower than ones shot in the air, now they fire at the same rate. I could be just imagining things though.

NNID
CRQ-L-07
3DS FC
4854-6608-1552
I distinctly remember grounded lasers being slower than ones shot in the air, now they fire at the same rate. I could be just imagining things though.
Aerial lasers still fire at a very slightly faster rate, sorry.

It helps that I have two copies of the game, so I'm comparing things back-to-back

So far, I have found no changes to Falco's damage output on all of his attacks (have not checked custom moves.) Time to investigate knockback.

Edit: There doesn't seem to be any adjustments made to movement either. Falco seems to walk and run the same speed, jump the same height, and fall the same speed.

Last edited:

NotAnAdmin

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai please tell me you actually buffed Falco in some kind of way.
We need this.

Mr.Dr.

Smash Rookie
Umm hello, I've been a bit of a lurker on smash boards for a while so i just now made an account but, something feels kind of off with Falco's up air. It feels like it has slightly less knock back and a slightly larger sour spot, if so this would help juggle people a bit better but i might just be pointing out differences that aren't even there.

NNID
CRQ-L-07
3DS FC
4854-6608-1552
Umm hello, I've been a bit of a lurker on smash boards for a while so i just now made an account but, something feels kind of off with Falco's up air. It feels like it has slightly less knock back and a slightly larger sour spot, if so this would help juggle people a bit better but i might just be pointing out differences that aren't even there.
Probably placebo, I haven't noticed anything different about his uair. Also welcome to SmashBoards! :)
wasn't this just an amiibo and spotpass update?
For the most part, yes. However, certain bugs were also fixed, such as the Kirby bow stalling glitch and, from what I understand, certain oddities regarding Palutena's custom moves. So technically, there was some "balancing" done. Just nothing that actually altered any character's stats, as far as I am aware of.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Everyday, it's like I find something new. I'm going to merge the other patch threads into this and have this be the main patch thread.

Wulfy07

Smash Apprentice
Updated patch notes. Using 3DS reference numbers for convenience.

Also, no Mewtwo is not out yet.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
While this will be un-stickied, prepare for April 15, everyone.

NNID
CRQ-L-07
3DS FC
4854-6608-1552
Just gonna type this up in advance.

Before anyone comes in here to say "omg Falco has faster lasers now" or "omg Falco has a Hoo-ha combo ban pls" please take into consideration the following:

What you believe to be changes may actually be just placebo. If you're thinking a certain attack is faster or slower, it helps to compare it to the attack in 3DS 1.0.5/Wii U 1.0.2 first. For example, I own two copies of Smash for 3DS and one of Smash for Wii U, allowing me to effectively compare attack properties between versions. Not everyone has this, obviously; what we do have, however, is a handy data thread by @ Ffamran Ffamran that you can at least compare damage percents to, and maybe take a crack at frames if you wanna see if Falco got any slower or faster than other characters. Also, knockback angles. :)

Aside from that, just ask the fine people here on Smashboards who will be dissecting the update like there's no Lucas release date. We'll probably be hard at work on it the moment it gets to our systems, so if you wanna know something, ask a member who's posting info. More than likely, there will be a megathread on the update as well to see people discussing any potential changes at a rapid pace, so check the Smash 4 Competitive Discussion forum here as well.

Most importantly, if you're posting up percent changes, keep this in mind:
  • In Training mode, stale move negation is not in effect. What this means is the damage and knockback you get out of attacks are their base damage and knockback without either a "fresh" or "stale" multiplier tacked on.
  • In any other mode like Smash or Classic, stale move negation is in effect. So, attacks will have a "fresh" multiplier tacked on to their damage and knockback if they are not one of the last 9 successfully landed attacks you've used in a stock. Attacks will also have a "stale" multiplier tacked on if they were one of the last 9 successfully landed attacks you've used in a stock. Thus, damage levels and knockback will be a bit inconsistent. This isn't even taking into consideration rage, which also isn't active in training mode.
Thus, if you're reporting damage changes, be sure to specify where you're getting your facts from so that we can reliably check it. This may not matter for attacks such as jab which deal little damage so multipliers are inconsequential, but for kill moves like fsmash and bair it can mean a lot.

Alright, with this thrown out I can't wait to see what's gonna happen on April 15th!

*inb4 Falco gets nothing*

Last edited:

Snackss

Smash Journeyman
Unless there are some subtle frame data changes, I don't see anything other than up smash being fixed. They might have sped up his run animation slightly but not the actual run speed.

NNID
CRQ-L-07
3DS FC
4854-6608-1552
Just popping in to say I haven't found any changes outside of usmash being fixed. Everything else seems the same to me so far, but I'll keep looking.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
did they nerf down throw damage or what? IDK if it's suppose to do 5 damage or more.

Snipnigth

Smash Journeyman
Im actually really happy with this small change, he could have recived a bit more range in back air and a bit more movement speed, but his upsmash hitting properly now, it can be used as a proper run to up smash finisher, which is really good for the bird it can up his game quite a bit imo. (both hit land even if your giving your back to the opponent, befor it was just the last hit, i tested it on c.falcon, not sure if it hits on smaller characters when you giving your back to the opponent).

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
did they nerf down throw damage or what? IDK if it's suppose to do 5 damage or more.
D-throw is supposed to do 3% with the throw and 3% from the Blaster shot, so 6% total. If it's really doing 5% total, then that's a completely unnecessary nerf.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
hmm I'll check that out then.

Yeah it was doing 5 damage for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
NNID
CRQ-L-07
3DS FC
4854-6608-1552
D-throw is supposed to do 3% with the throw and 3% from the Blaster shot, so 6% total. If it's really doing 5% total, then that's a completely unnecessary nerf.
When I checked it was doing 2% with the throw and 3% from the blaster shot, so yeah a totally unnecessary nerf that really doesn't do anything in the long run. Other than that, it's seemingly unchanged.

I don't know about dair, looked unchanged to me but I welcome anyone to prove me wrong.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Last edited:
NNID
CRQ-L-07
3DS FC
4854-6608-1552
Scratch that, Dantararion's data dump has two errors on Falco: U-throw and D-throw which I never caught and just relied on the data dump. D-throw has always done 5% instead of 6% and U-throw has always done 8% instead of 7%.

Edit: Link to the data dump: http://opensa.dantarion.com/s4/mastercore2/index.php?char=falco&mode=view104#subaction-07B.
Ah, that makes sense. Yep, then in that case Falco's only confirmed change is a fixed up-smash. Underwhelming but at least it turns up-smash from a 50/50 kill move to a reliable kill move now.

BltzZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BltzZ7
Not sure if its me but i have no other way to test it. Can anyone confirm? I feel like Falcos Fsmash range has been increased

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I was going to ask about Falco Phantasm's hitbox, but I'm going to assume it hasn't been changed. For context, my internet is down, so I can't check anything and I'm stuck with my phone.

BltzZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BltzZ7
I was going to ask about Falco Phantasm's hitbox, but I'm going to assume it hasn't been changed. For context, my internet is down, so I can't check anything and I'm stuck with my phone.
Phantasm is the same. Kind of disappointed, out of all things i was hoping phantasm hitbox and dash attack frames wouldve been buffed =/. I guess they see falco having a phantasm spike with a 2/3 hitbox as balancing it.

On a side note I was messing around in practice with falcos jab jab into d tilt. For a more consistent completion with the D tilt i started hitting jab 3 times pause then either grab or d tilt. The rhythm, atleast for me, feels consistent. So its Jab Jab Jab Pause - Dtilt or grab. You guys try it out and let me know what you think

*Note the third jab does not initiate the twister animation.

Last edited:

NotAnAdmin

Smash Journeyman
Finally got the chance to check out Falco's "new" moveset.

It's nothing, how disappoining. Lasers did finally pick up the pace so shdl can somewhat be a thing now. The endlag is still atrocious.
On a second look, the dair seems faster. I hope it's not placebo.

Checked it, dair buff is a placebo. It looks like Falco's barely been touched. His lasers haven't changed either.

Last edited:
Top Bottom