• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Falco Hitboxes and Frame Data

Bones0

Smash Legend
Does anyone know where I could find frame data for the lag after falco grabs the edge? I've been have a frustrating amount of trouble consistently doing perfect edge dashes and double lasers from the edge and I feel like knowing the frames would help me alot.
Everyone is stuck on the ledge for 8 frames upon grabbing it except Link and Young Link who are only stuck on it for 4 frames.

It's also worth noting that you have to let the stick reset to neutral in order to ledge drop. To see this in practice, up-B horizontally into the side of FD while holding towards the ledge the entire time. Once you are on the ledge, roll the stick around the edge to down, then to back. You won't release because the stick didn't reset. A lot of people ledge jump by accident when they try to ledgedash because they go from holding in to holding down, nothing happens, then their DJ input turns into a ledge jump.

Jackson

Smash Lord
I'd also like to see Falco's ledge attack frame data. And thanks for that explanation Bones, I was wondering why a lot of my attempted ledgedashes ended up as ledge jumps.

Jacob Pouliot

Smash Rookie
Everyone is stuck on the ledge for 8 frames upon grabbing it except Link and Young Link who are only stuck on it for 4 frames.

It's also worth noting that you have to let the stick reset to neutral in order to ledge drop. To see this in practice, up-B horizontally into the side of FD while holding towards the ledge the entire time. Once you are on the ledge, roll the stick around the edge to down, then to back. You won't release because the stick didn't reset. A lot of people ledge jump by accident when they try to ledgedash because they go from holding in to holding down, nothing happens, then their DJ input turns into a ledge jump.
Thanks man this helped alot

N0PE

Smash Cadet
NNID
m0t0_dr0id28
Didn't know Falco's DAFT (Downwards Angled F Tilt) has a larger hitbox than the forward and upward F Tilts, that's good to know

futilejoyrider

Smash Cadet
NNID
futilejoyrider
3DS FC
1822-1417-1018
Ah okay, I get it now. When counting frames in 20XX debug rom mode, you count the 0th frame as the 1st frame of a move?

futilejoyrider

Smash Cadet
NNID
futilejoyrider
3DS FC
1822-1417-1018
Yeah that's why I was super confused. Like down smash for example ends on the 49th frame, begins at 1 and the number of the last frame is 49, while jump squat ends at the 5th frame, starts at 0 and the number of the last frame is 4.

cWebSmash

Smash Rookie
Im not sure if i need to ask this or not, but can I have permission to use the moves frame data for a Falco guide i am making?

Bones0

Smash Legend
Im not sure if i need to ask this or not, but can I have permission to use the moves frame data for a Falco guide i am making?
You don't need permission since it's essentially public info at this point, but if it's a guide that can easily cite sources then it's obviously recommended that you include a link so that people can look at the information in its entirety.

TallandGangly

Smash Cadet
Anyone have the frame data on shinegrab? I sometimes jump out of grab when I'm trying to jc grab, and I want to know if its because I am early or late with my grab.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Anyone have the frame data on shinegrab? I sometimes jump out of grab when I'm trying to jc grab, and I want to know if its because I am early or late with my grab.
Do you mean you jump out of shine? If you're just jumping and not doing a grab or aerial, you are pressing Z too early. You have to jump at least 1 frame before grabbing because the whole idea behind jump cancelling is that you are able to grab or up smash during jumpsquat.

adz

Smash Cadet
how many frames does running shine take to come out? i know shine starts on frame 1, but i figured that it may take longer to come out because you're doing it out of a run.

Bones0

Smash Legend
how many frames does running shine take to come out? i know shine starts on frame 1, but i figured that it may take longer to come out because you're doing it out of a run.
For some moves you have to actually go into the crouch animation, but all of the specials can be performed immediately out of a run. To test this, simply get into the run animation, pause the game, hold an input (e.g. down+B for shine), then unpause. I highly recommend downloading 20xx if you haven't already so you can test these scenarios on your own in the debug mode.

reverie2

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone know what frame the sound of falco's phantasm comes out? And on a similar note if anyone knows it for fox i'd like to know as well

Bones0

Smash Legend
Does anyone know what frame the sound of falco's phantasm comes out? And on a similar note if anyone knows it for fox i'd like to know as well
Use frame advance in debug mode. I'm pretty sure all of the sound effects still occur the same going frame by frame.

Klemes

Smash Journeyman
Is it possible to buffer roll out of shinegrab ? Or only when shine is stale maybe ?

Bones0

Smash Legend
Is it possible to buffer roll out of shinegrab ? Or only when shine is stale maybe ?
You can buffer a roll out of doubleshine unless they are frame perfect and it is unstaled. Shinegrab is 2 frames slower than doubleshine, so they can roll to dodge that as well.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Sorry to anyone still trying to view the gifs. I've redownloaded all of them and have been trying to reupload them back into the thread, but it seems like there's a 20 image limit now even if I try to use hyperlinks. I'll try to find a way around it, but until then I have all of the gifs compiled in an imgur album (which might be formatted better than SmashBoards anyways). I also created a shortcut for the album in case you don't feel like searching for this thread, just remember:

https://tinyurl.com/FalcoHitboxes

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Sorry to anyone still trying to view the gifs. I've redownloaded all of them and have been trying to reupload them back into the thread, but it seems like there's a 20 image limit now even if I try to use hyperlinks. I'll try to find a way around it, but until then I have all of the gifs compiled in an imgur album (which might be formatted better than SmashBoards anyways). I also created a shortcut for the album in case you don't feel like searching for this thread, just remember:

https://tinyurl.com/FalcoHitboxes
Hey, sorry you're experiencing some difficulties here. The 20 image limit per message should, to my knowledge, only be applying to attachments, not images embedded between IMG tags. I'll look into this and see if I can figure out a solution. Are you okay with me trying to update the images in the OP myself based on your imgur album? The current revision of your post always can be restored if my edits aren't accomplishing what we're going for here.

EDIT: Okay, I see you're using the attachment upload feature rather than enclosing the Imgur links in IMG tags, and that you've hit the limit of 20 images in your post. I recommend using IMG tags and directly embedding the images from Imgur. If you have any issues with doing that please feel free to tag/quote/PM me. I am able to embed all 30 of the images in your album in a single post.

Last edited:

Bones0

Smash Legend
Hey, sorry you're experiencing some difficulties here. The 20 image limit per message should, to my knowledge, only be applying to attachments, not images embedded between IMG tags. I'll look into this and see if I can figure out a solution. Are you okay with me trying to update the images in the OP myself based on your imgur album? The current revision of your post always can be restored if my edits aren't accomplishing what we're going for here.

EDIT: Okay, I see you're using the attachment upload feature rather than enclosing the Imgur links in IMG tags, and that you've hit the limit of 20 images in your post. I recommend using IMG tags and directly embedding the images from Imgur. If you have any issues with doing that please feel free to tag/quote/PM me. I am able to embed all 30 of the images in your album in a single post.
Thanks, I thought me using the attachment feature was the problem, but I removed a couple and tried using the OG method and it still wasn't working. I'll see if using the IMG tags manually helps.

Last edited:
Top Bottom