• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Excuse me if I'm stepping out of my place, but that response seems pretty overreactive. I mean, you even didn't give him a warning before you bit his head off. I apologize again if I'm stepping out of my place, but the way you reacted just seemed unnecessarily harsh.
Lolwut. It's from Resident Evil, what he was quoting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt94dmTwHCI
I've been :4greninja:'d but I don't care, the Resident Evil reference is golden.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Yeah, probably should've made that more clear. Wouldn't actually say that seriously.
It would seem out of place for someone of your position.

Something as simple as

resident evil reference ftw

goes a long way when joking, even if it spoils it.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
You can hit the gordo back with an attack. It's similar to the Dead Man's Volley technique found in the Zelda games and is the projectile that Ganon should logically have given his history but Smash pretty much ignores that.
Correct sir.

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
Or he could've asked me if I got all my ideas from comic book villains

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Technically he was already in development if he has his own model...
ANYWAYS, now that he's being worked on (more) how long do you think it'll be? I'm personally thinking he'll be done by April, as the whole Club Nintendo offer ends on March 31, so releasing him the next month (if finished) seems to make the most sense.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Technically he was already in development if he has his own model...
ANYWAYS, now that he's being worked on (more) how long do you think it'll be? I'm personally thinking he'll be done by April, as the whole Club Nintendo offer ends on March 31, so releasing him the next month (if finished) seems to make the most sense.
I'm gonna say April 15, if only for an small "150" reference.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I'm gonna say April 15, if only for an small "150" reference.
It's clear Sakurai doesn't care for those references.

I mean, Robin and Lucina were revealed on the same day that the Genesect movie came out in Japan.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
It's clear Sakurai doesn't care for those references.

I mean, Robin and Lucina were revealed on the same day that the Genesect movie came out in Japan.
While this is true, keep in mind that same trailer aired on the anniversary of the release of F-Zero GX, King Dedede was revealed to commemorate the release of Kirby Triple Deluxe, and Lucario was revealed on the anniversary of his successful addition to Brawl. So, Sakurai at least cares something for references.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
While this is true, keep in mind that same trailer aired on the anniversary of the release of F-Zero GX, King Dedede was revealed to commemorate the release of Kirby Triple Deluxe, and Lucario was revealed on the anniversary of his successful addition to Brawl. So, Sakurai at least cares something for references.
Neither of which are references to in game things(150) or side material(Genesect movie).

Just saying.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Back to being stuck between Lucario and Greninja for a main again...that's fun.
Edit: Also wondering which of the 2 are used more, haven't seen many of either.

Last edited:

Spirst

Back to being stuck between Lucario and Greninja for a main again...that's fun.
Edit: Also wondering which of the 2 are used more, haven't seen many of either.
I'd say Greninja is used more but I haven't seen that many post 1.0.4. He may still have some more usage but I don't know.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Pretty much. And while I like having fun with the spoon, I'm not serious about it within M2's moveset, though I do think that it's an option for buffing his shorter range arm moves (give him Psycho Cut attacks like Greninja :3).

The tail moves by all means should stay, which BTW, does Charizard's tail attacks (Ex. F-Tilt) have a hurtbox?
Sorry for the late response- but Charizard happens to be one of my subs and I can confirm that his tail does have a hurtbox- which does expand outwards when he attacks with it.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Sorry for the late response- but Charizard happens to be one of my subs and I can confirm that his tail does have a hurtbox- which does expand outwards when he attacks with it.
That's probably not a good sign then.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
That's probably not a good sign then.
Fear not. Usually when he does use his tail attacks- they simply clash with others. The only situations when they don't is when they hit a seriously powerful attack. (PK Thunder 2, Flare Blitz, Charged Smash Attacks, etc.)

Igzex

That's how physical hit clashing generally works in the series. Tail whipping having a hurtbox still poses liabilities in comparison to those sword wielders that generally have disjoints on their swords. Stupid Swordsmen. Think they're so big. Why can't their sword boxes be like other fighting games

see now this is fai

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
That's how physical hit clashing generally works in the series. Tail whipping having a hurtbox still poses liabilities in comparison to those sword wielders that generally have disjoints on their swords. Stupid Swordsmen. Think they're so big. Why can't their sword boxes be like other fighting games

see now this is fai
Please. We all know that the only reason the Swordsmen have such big swords is because they're compensating for something.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
No but seriously you could make some seriously in-depth Freudian comparisons there. Gender identity and all that.

I should know.

Also spoons are funny~
And the case in finding proper footwear. To call those things she wears as boots or greaves is a complete joke. Yeah I don't really get why she needed to cosplay Marth. Considering Lucina looked more like a guy then Marth ever did. Hardy har.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
And the case in finding proper footwear. To call those things she wears as boots or greaves is a complete joke. Yeah I don't really get why she needed to cosplay Marth. Considering Lucina looked more like a guy then Marth ever did. Hardy har.
dude not cool

be sensitive you mean meanie

<3

Headcanon: Mewtwo is an androgynous being that used his psychic powers to manifest his gender identities as separate beings. Mewtwo is the Genetic Pokémon; X and Y chromosomes are genetic materials, etc. etc.

Have fun kiddies~

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465

I disagree completely with this...
Unless you only mean...

In which case....

...you're kinda right.

Last edited:

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
What is Lucina compensating for?
Flatness...

On topic though I wonder what type of attacks Mewtwo can do In replacement for some of his tail based moves. Maybe like for side a it could shoot out a small locked projectile like Megaman.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Being a guest character in Soul Caliber could fix that...
Want.

Or a Fire Emblem Musou game.
Equally want.

Now back on topic~

Taking a peep at Melee's palette swaps for ol' Mewtwo, I'm wondering what they could do to jazz things up a bit? Or would we be okay with Vanilla Mewtwo, Orange Mewtwo, Grape Mewtwo, Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mewtwo etc. etc.?

I would kill for Armourtwo.

I would be all over that like rainbow sprinkles on an ice-cream cone~

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Do you think the paid ver of Mewtwo will be released after the Free promotion, or he's just released to all and only those who registered both games get him for free.

I'd say about at least three weeks after the Free DLC release to see just how viable he is and if he needs a patch for any buff/nerfs.

Shiny Mewtwo which is just Mewtwo with a green tail.
And green eyes, which he didn't have in Melee, but I guess Greninja's "shiny" palette isn't really spot on to begin with.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Do you think the paid ver of Mewtwo will be released after the Free promotion, or he's just released to all and only those who registered both games get him for free.

I'd say about at least three weeks after the Free DLC release to see just how viable he is and if he needs a patch for any buff/nerfs.
Peeps who bought both games get a emailed DL code. Everyone else can just buy him either on the eshop or a ingame shop that goes online.

Xauric

Smash Rookie
NNID
Xauric
Peeps who bought both games get a emailed DL code. Everyone else can just buy him either on the eshop or a ingame shop that goes online.
See, thanks to the whole Amiibo debacle, I can't even trust that Nintendo will go through with even this, in regards to the paid DLC section. Mewtwo as paid DLC will be awesome, but it's only been confirmed for Europe. But Nintendo is going backwards and forwards on so many statements it's made me not even trust anything they say.

Last edited:

Igzex

You make it sound like Nintendo is Electronic Arts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom