• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
(Sorry in advance if this is too long, i can cut it down if you want)
That's pretty cool, however, there is no real limit on how many mains you should have. People set recommended caps for the amount of mains one should have so that you don't get bad with your "top" mains. However in the end it's about what you want and what you can take, like for example, in every smash game i mained most of the characters in the roster, the only thing that stopped me from maining everyone (thus making me mainless) was that there were some characters (64 Pikachu, Melee ICs, Brawl Diddy Kong, PM Samus, Smash 4 Luigi, and many more divided amongst the games) that i didn't like.

However, i can understand your perspective, because in a bunch of other video games i have trouble finding 1 main.
I play offensively, so i would personally say to scrap Greninja from your main list, because Greninja may be fast, somewhat strong, having great momentum, a great up-smash and a good n-b, but Lucario just seems to better fit the bill, because Lucario is a medium-fast character, that can rack up combos at low %, and KO and high %, and considering the fact that the blastzones in this game are very huge and merciful, this means that you will probably be at a minimum of 130% before you die, and when combined with the small but powerful knockback buffs from the Rage Effect, Lucario becomes very powerful and effective, allowing you to quickly destroy foes due to your damage buffs, while not being able to die as easily yourself due to the huge blastzones.

But you could also counter that Greninja doesn't need to get hurt and take the risk to be completely effective, not to mention that Greninja has better spacing and mindgame capacity that Lucario imo.

It all depends on what you want in the end

1. Greninja - a character who is always effective and good, with good momentum, damage, attacking speed, jab combos, spacing, and mindgames

Or

2. Lucario - a character who is okay at first, with good combos, average speed/momentum, a good counter, a nice recovery, good grabs, and a good projectile

Who then becomes a character with good damage, knockback, average speed, an amazing but nearly uncontrollable recovery with a hitbox, good finishers, overall devastating attacks, great grabs, and an amazing projectile with both good size and damage, though at the cost of being easily killed yourself.

I plan on making Mewtwo my top main in Smash 4 though, and i would like to battle your Lucario when Mewtwo comes out and we can switch, so one match, it would be My Mewtwo VS Your Lucario, then the next one My Lucario Vs Your Mewtwo.

I hope i helped!
Well, I kinda decided on Lucario already, but thank you for reinforcing my decision. ^.^ After playing both, I just realized I liked Lucario much more. Anyways, it'd be cool to battle ya, I just had to figure out how to add people on the wii u (as none of my friends either have a wii u, or have the wii u version...or I haven't heard from them in a while).

D

Deleted member

Well, I kinda decided on Lucario already, but thank you for reinforcing my decision. ^.^ After playing both, I just realized I liked Lucario much more. Anyways, it'd be cool to battle ya, I just had to figure out how to add people on the wii u (as none of my friends either have a wii u, or have the wii u version...or I haven't heard from them in a while).
Just go to the square friend icon, select register friend, put in their NNID (mine is New Mario), press OK, it will ask "Send a friend request to this user?", press Yes, and wait to be accepted or declined (if i recall correctly).

When i get my Wii U Smash, perhaps we can do some training.

Now would you rather get blasted into the stars?

Or would you rather get punched out of existence?

Choose

(just kidding)

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Just go to the square friend icon, select register friend, put in their NNID (mine is New Mario), press OK, it will ask "Send a friend request to this user?", press Yes, and wait to be accepted or declined (if i recall correctly).

Choose

(just kidding)
I assume there are no spaces in the name?

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
I just won a free copy of Smash Bros Wii U which I will get on release date. If I get a code with it I'd be happy to give it out to any Australian who wont be getting the WiiU version so they can get Mewtwo.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I just won a free copy of Smash Bros Wii U which I will get on release date. If I get a code with it I'd be happy to give it out to any Australian who wont be getting the WiiU version so they can get Mewtwo.
For free anyway

You can buy him later if you don't get the code

The benefit for club nintendo memebers is they get him eariler and free

Ps i pretty sure its yes but im wondering if mewtwo will be added for smash tour, classic, event matches

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
For free anyway

You can buy him later if you don't get the code

The benefit for club nintendo memebers is they get him eariler and free

Ps i pretty sure its yes but im wondering if mewtwo will be added for smash tour, classic, event matches
I also wonder this....I mean, will the Mewtwo DLC make him appear in Classic and All Star as well? Also, will he have his own event match(es)??

plumpythepanda

Smash Cadet
NNID
plumpythepanda
3DS FC
3325-1502-8082
I really hope they bring back Mewtwo's blue eyes effect like in PM and the first movie. Like for his side B and grabs and stuff. That'd make it great.
I also don't want mewtwo's final smash to be another mega. I think he deserves more.

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick

Choose

(just kidding)
I'll whip out my ORAS ubers and defeat Mewtwo by completely ruining the concept of Mega Evolutions.
- Gamefreak

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I really hope they bring back Mewtwo's blue eyes effect like in PM and the first movie. Like for his side B and grabs and stuff. That'd make it great.
I also don't want mewtwo's final smash to be another mega. I think he deserves more.
First, he'll Mega Evolve into Mewtwo Y.
Second, he'll unleash Psystrike.
Third, death to all.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
>dark type

:seuss:
You're forgetting Greninja's ability is Protean. In other words, the moment he uses an attack that ISN'T Dark type- he'll be susceptible to all Psychic attacks. Its a real shame the only Dark type move Greninja has in Smash4/5 is Night Slash for his Final Smash. :3

(Example: Ice Punch)

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
You're forgetting Greninja's ability is Protean. In other words, the moment he uses an attack that ISN'T Dark type- he'll be susceptible to all Psychic attacks. Its a real shame the only Dark type move Greninja has in Smash4/5 is Night Slash for his Final Smash. :3

(Example: Ice Punch)

Protean is Greninja's hidden ability. His natural ability is Torrent.Therefore, he may not change types upon using a move that does not match his type, as there is no evidence either way as to his ability. Not to dis on Mewtwo, just stating the facts.
Source: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Greninja_(Pokémon)

D

Deleted member

I just got my Smash Wii U, if anyone wants to settle it in smash, let me know.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465

Protean is Greninja's hidden ability. His natural ability is Torrent.Therefore, he may not change types upon using a move that does not match his type, as there is no evidence either way as to his ability. Not to dis on Mewtwo, just stating the facts.
Source: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Greninja_(Pokémon)
*eh-hem* Torrent implies that Greninja would get powered up by taking more damage, which he does not. This means that this particular Greninja has the Protean ability

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
If anyone wants to add me and battle, name is Frost3, just let me know you added me. Also, I'm back to wondering about Greninja, as he was one of my best on the 3ds version, but now he feels different...anywho.
I just got my Smash Wii U, if anyone wants to settle it in smash, let me know.
Says you disabled the ability to receive friend requests, so you have to add me as well.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

*Reads above discussion about Abilities and Type Advantages*

You're all wrong.
Clearly....*in Vegeta's voice* TYPE ADVANTAGES ARE BULL****! :awesome:

Though to be serious, they kind of are when it comes to Smash. How else would Shadow Ball hit Jigglypuff in Melee?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

If anyone wants to add me and battle, name is Frost3, just let me know you added me. Also, I'm back to wondering about Greninja, as he was one of my best on the 3ds version, but now he feels different...anywho.

Says you disabled the ability to receive friend requests, so you have to add me as well.
Okay, will do.

Edit: I can't wait to fight real players

Last edited by a moderator:

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
Please don't remind me of when they actually did type advantage nonsense in a fighting game through Pokemon trainer. Pokemon Trainer was an even more poorly designed fighter than mewtwo was in melee.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
*Reads above discussion about Abilities and Type Advantages*

You're all wrong.
Clearly....*in Vegeta's voice* TYPE ADVANTAGES ARE BULL****! :awesome:

Though to be serious, they kind of are when it comes to Smash. How else would Shadow Ball hit Jigglypuff in Melee?
Because Fairy Type.
Jk, Normal/Fairy- no clue.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
My NNID is Just SaucyDancer. Can't wait to play :D

Hopefully there isnt too much lag. Ive played friends from Murica on the 3DS version and most of the matches went smoothly.

Also I got Pokemon The First Movie on DVD. I now have both (proper) Mewtwo movies on DVD. Marathon hype!

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991

Hopefully there isnt too much lag. Ive played friends from Murica on the 3DS version and most of the matches went smoothly.

Also I got Pokemon The First Movie on DVD. I now have both (proper) Mewtwo movies on DVD. Marathon hype!
Sent you a friend request just now. As for lag, it doesn't seem to be an issue with the proper internet connection.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
So, stage builder is epic. Who all has used it so far?
I tried it...
It's story time,
In celebration of that hillarious Mewtwo video
Hahaha this is hilarious

Here's SUPER SMASH BROS 4 the WiiU/3DS
Chapter 1 the announcement.
:4mario:: Hey guys did you hear the news, Mewtwo's coming back!
:4bowser:: Yeah Mewtwo's coming back, now I can team up with my old buddy again to smash some plumbers.

:4drmario:: What plumbers? I'm a doctror.
:4falco:: Think we can still beat him Fox?
:4fox:: Let's see if Mewtwo can take on a... LAND MASTER!
:4pikachu:: Oh boy Mewtwo's coming back isn't that great guys?
:4charizard:: Yay its Mewtwo MEWTWO MEWTWO! I get to meet and battle the legendary Mewtwo at last.
:4lucario:: (looks at a letter) This was back when I got into brawl it says, "Dear Lucario, why the **** did Sakurai replace me with a non legendary like you? I'm going to kill you when I get back in to smash, or when ever I see, you you blue furry ****," signed Mewtwo. I told him to taste my aura. Oh here's another letter.
:4greninja:: What's it say?
:4lucario:: It says "Dear Lucario, You blue furry aura shooting *******, You replaced me not once, but twice... You are going to be deader than Lavender Town when I'm done with you. P.S. That stupid frog ninja is going to be just as dead."Mewtwo.
:4greninja:: Well now he's coming back, no hard feelings right?... RIGHT?
:4lucario:: (reads third letter) Dear Lucario and Gregninja, You have until Spring 201 to dig your graves, I'm coming for you two first, I'll be in your nightmares," Sincerely Mewtwo. I think we should start challenging Shiek and Rosalina more.
:4greninja:: Mewtwo's not that savage and cruel, is he?
:4pit:: Um Lady Palutena, who's Mewtwo and how do I beat him?
:4palutena:: No clue Pit I've never challenged him before.
:4pit:: But you know everything.
:4palutena:: Relax we've got until Spring 2015.
:4wario:: Who's Mewtwo again, isn't he that guy who wipes memories and steals money.
:4ganondorf:: No Mewtwo was one of my minions back in Melee, he proved valuable in some tournaments. He got along well with Bowser, I shall await to see what devestation they can cause together, (laughs).
:4wario:: Waaaa I want Wolf back too, we had so much fun looting everyone and destroying everyone as a team back in brawl.
:4ganondorf:: Don't worry, I want all my evil minions back to fight, Mewtwo is on the way, all I need is Wolf, and all the veteren villains will be assembled, no hero will stand in our path.(laughs)
:4wario:: Wahahahahah!
:4myfriends:: A quaint me with this Mewtwo, Marth.
:4marth:: You might be too slow to beat him, train with me and I'll teach you how to beat Mewtwo.
:4myfriends:: But your nerfs.
:4marth:: I have no nerfs, come Lucina, You must learn too.
:4lucina::Yes
:4falcon:: FA:CON PUNCH! ITS TIME FOR AN EPIC REMATCH!
:mewtwopm:: I'll beat you,but not now
:4falcon:: Why? Do you back down?
:mewtwopm:: I can't fight until Spring 2015, fool, but tell the other fighters this, I Mewtwo shall strike back, and no one will be spared from my wrath.
:4falcon:: Will you be able to beat Little Mac?
:mewtwopm:: Of course I can beat a small McDonalds mac, I'm a ******* legendary Pokemon.
:4littlemac::(grunts)
:mewtwopm::... I'll be training, (to himself) That fool is strong and fast on the ground,but I wonder how much he'd like fighting in the air.
The end, for now

Spirst

Alright, so I've been playing Smash Wii U and little else these past few days and I'm surprised by how good this game looks. I use Greninja and Duck Hunt but I'm so anxious to see how Mewtwo is translated in this iteration and how nice his model will look with all the dynamic lighting.

D

Deleted member

i sent you a friend request.
I am Kcitsnam.

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
Please don't remind me of when they actually did type advantage nonsense in a fighting game through Pokemon trainer. Pokemon Trainer was an even more poorly designed fighter than mewtwo was in melee.
Ugh, that was such an awful design choice. So glad PM split them up.

Were there ever any official Brawl tournaments that allowed mods that let you play as one of the three individually?

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Does anyone here know how much it would cost to repair a vanilla 3DS? cause mine did a 360 backflip out of my pocket and it's motherboard got fried.

So ya....I've been smash deprived for a few weeks now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom