• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
So how long before some people start complaining about how Mewtwo is redundant because of Lucario and Greninja?
I swear I'll snap the 8-year old's neck who brings that up. Lucario and Greninja are the ones who're redundant, if even them. Mewtwo came first, and is arguably more deserving of a roster spot than those two.

Last edited:

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
Honestly, I see no reason for people to complain about Mewtwo's inclusion. Why waste the effort when 99% of the Smash players in the world wanted him to return?
Because she sucked in Melee, because she'll just be a Lucario clone, because she's no longer relevant (ignoring a certain stupid creampuff), because the plaintiff is simply a douchebag and unhappy about being wrong. Pick your favorite.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Because she sucked in Melee, because she'll just be a Lucario clone, because she's no longer relevant (ignoring a certain stupid creampuff), because the plaintiff is simply a douchebag and unhappy about being wrong. Pick your favorite.
1. Mewtwo will obviously be buffed up and balanced like most of the characters in this game.
2. Lucario was a "clone" of Mewtwo. Also, there are more differences between Lucario and Mewtwo then there are differences between Falco and Fox.
3. Mewtwo received two Mega Evolutions and was the first to advertise them. He was also the last legendary you needed to obtain in X and Y. And finally...he is currently the strongest Pokemon known. (stat-wise) Heck, he's stronger then even the God Pokemon. >.>

Last edited:

Shog

Smash Ace
I wonder something people, you know are here artists? You know what I would love to see? A "Welcome Back" from the Pokemon art. Like how the Pikachu in reality is Pichu from Melee and greets him back and the other Pokemon welcome him, and how Mewtwo wonders about Greninja Tongue being similar to his tail etc.

I would love to see something like that.

That, and somehow optimistic Charizard into that mix

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I've met far too many 8-year olds people, both in real life and on the Boards who argue with those very same arguments. Granted, I used to think Lucario was a Mewtwo clone, but I've since grown up. Lucario is different enough in many respects to not be clone, and the people who think he is also tend to think Wolf is a clone of Fox. Greninja is also different enough from both Lucario and Mewtwo to not be a clone. Irrelevance? Please, he got his own movie just recently and he got two Mega Evolutions. Can't argue with the people who are just upset about being wrong, because they'll never accept your argument, no matter how much you try or how reasonable it is.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
So how long before some people start complaining about how Mewtwo is redundant because of Lucario and Greninja?
They'd likely be too early on that, and it won't be anything close to a clone anyway.

This is the most wanted character in the game, I think that complaints after Mewtwo's inclusion would be bullcrap. But then again, they'd likely come from those who didn't want it in in the first place.

Either way

#notredundant
#morepowerfulthanarceus
#wheresyourgod/essnow

We don't even know if Mewtwo's moveset is the same as Melee, or even what it'll be. It's seriously too early to consider debating redundancy.

And to those who'd debate of Mewtwo's redundancy: this is literally an extra character; no NOT a clone character, NOT a Dark Pit, an actual new character. You could always just not play Mewtwo if it's that much of a bother.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I've met far too many 8-year olds people, both in real life and on the Boards who argue with those very same arguments. Granted, I used to think Lucario was a Mewtwo clone, but I've since grown up. Lucario is different enough in many respects to not be clone, and the people who think he is also tend to think Wolf is a clone of Fox. Greninja is also different enough from both Lucario and Mewtwo to not be a clone. Irrelevance? Please, he got his own movie just recently and he got two Mega Evolutions. Can't argue with the people who are just upset about being wrong, because they'll never accept your argument, no matter how much you try or how reasonable it is.
*You have a new follower*
I quite simply, love your work, good sir. :3

Last edited:

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
1. Mewtwo will obviously be buffed up and balanced like most of the characters in this game.
2. Lucario was a "clone" of Mewtwo. Also, there are more differences between Lucario and Mewtwo then there are differences between Falco and Fox.
3. Mewtwo received two Mega Evolutions and was the first to advertise them. He was also the last legendary you needed to obtain in X and Y. And finally...he is currently the strongest Pokemon known. (stat-wise) Heck, he's stronger then even the God Pokemon. >.>
...Can I give you points for taking an answer to your question as an argument? :smirk:

I just want to see how she plays out, first. And whether or not I'll be able to get her, because after this marketing fiasco there's no way I'm buying this game on Wii U now.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
...Can I give you points for taking an answer to your question as an argument? :smirk:

I just want to see how she plays out, first. And whether or not I'll be able to get her, because after this marketing fiasco there's no way I'm buying this game on Wii U now.
It's not really a marketing "fiasco" unless you want to think of it that way, I, personally, see it as a sort of reward for those who purchased each version. In other words the most loyal of Smash fans get something for free, but I respect your opinion and I can see where you're coming from.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Quite the understatement there, Mewtwo and Lucario are as different as Ike and Marth. Both use the similar methods of attacking (psychic/aura powers), but they use them very differently. Aside from Neutral-B Mewtwo and Lucario don't share any moves, and even in that one move there are slight differences. They get even more seperated once you count in Lucario's aura mechanic. The only reason these two characters have ever been associated with each other is because Lucario was in Brawl and Mewtwo wasn't, it seems that once Brawl came out people forgot everything about Mewtwo's moveset, stats and playstyle.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465

Idk if any of you guys remember this....but I made it a while back ago before this thread was closed and posted it. The funny thing about it...is that it sums up my reaction so well. xD

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Guys, stop, please. I finally have optimism about Mewtwo for a change, & I honestly believe Mewtwo WILL NOT be remade a Melee incarnation of himself / herself. Mewtwo getting all this time between now & Spring of next year, why on earth would he be the same?. . .
My guesses as to Mewtwo's palletes:

1. Purple, the base Mewtwo
2. Blue, a possibly unintentional reference to the first Pokemon movie in which Mewtwo had a skin tone that was much bluer than other designs, and a hold-over from melee that is used for team battles
3. Green, a light shade of green that references Mewtwo's shiny palette in the Pokemon games, and a hold-over from Melee that is used for team battles
4. Red, used for team battles
5. Pink, Mewtwo is uniformly a light pink, with little difference between his skin and his tail, a reference to Mewtwo's adorable progenitor Mew
6. Dark Purple, an inverted palette in which Mewtwo's skin is a dark purple and his tail is light gray, a reference to the Shadow Pokemon found in Pokemon Colosseum and Shadow Lugia's color scheme in particular
7. Dark Red, a palette in which Mewtwo's chestplate is off-black, with the rest of his skin being dark gray and his tail being a dark red, serving as a reference to Zoroark's color scheme
8. Dark Blue, Mewtwo's skin is a deep blue and his tail is a hot pink, with a tan trim for his chestplate, fingers, secondary neck, and sides of his horns, serving as a none-too-subtle reference to the Greninja-Mewtwo confusion that happened in the split seconds before Graninja's official reveal
Omg yes to the max. I actually forgot about what I used to suggest for guessing palettes, but Mirage Mewtwo & Shadow Mewtwo for the spin-off games sounds pretty damn good. the Red Blue Green & Yellow aren't necessity colors for Team Battles because the bordered lines for Team Battle having all 4 of those team colors, but they're original colors that they'll likely be happening.

Or Mewtwo could get Mewtwo from Strikes Back, & Mewtwo from ExtremeSpeed Genesect for the 4 & 4 palettes separate like Olimar / Alph.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
It's not really a marketing "fiasco" unless you want to think of it that way, I, personally, see it as a sort of reward for those who purchased each version. In other words the most loyal of Smash fans get something for free, but I respect your opinion and I can see where you're coming from.
Oh, no, I'm not referring to Mewtwo with that, and I would rather not go over this with a fine-toothed comb for fear of infecting this thread with far more salt than is healthy, but suffice to say that Sakurai had taken on a task that could have been fulfilled at any point over the past year with three words that he never saw fit to type. :glare:

Though, I suppose it's still technically not a fiasco because no one's on fire... yet...

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Guys, stop, please. I finally have optimism about Mewtwo for a change, & I honestly believe Mewtwo WILL NOT be remade a Melee incarnation of himself / herself. Mewtwo getting all this time between now & Spring of next year, why on earth would he be the same?. . .

Omg yes to the max. I actually forgot about what I used to suggest for guessing palettes, but Mirage Mewtwo & Shadow Mewtwo for the spin-off games sounds pretty damn good. the Red Blue Green & Yellow aren't necessity colors for Team Battles because the bordered lines for Team Battle having all 4 of those team colors, but they're original colors that they'll likely be happening.

Or Mewtwo could get Mewtwo from Strikes Back, & Mewtwo from ExtremeSpeed Genesect for the 4 & 4 palettes separate like Olimar / Alph.
I'd honestly rather not use a costume slot for Mewtwo from ExtremeSpeed Genesect. Part of it, I suppose, is because I grew up with the masculine Mewtwo, and ES Genesect Mewtwo was just so different from what I was used to, from voice to personality. That, and I was never a supporter of Alt. Costumes changing a character's personality. It just seemed weird and off-beat to me. There's nothing wrong with including ES Genesect Mewtwo as a costume, and it wouldn't bother me much at all, but I'd rather not.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Oh, no, I'm not referring to Mewtwo with that, and I would rather not go over this with a fine-toothed comb for fear of infecting this thread with far more salt than is healthy, but suffice to say that Sakurai had taken on a task that could have been fulfilled at any point over the past year with three words that he never saw fit to type. :glare:

Though, I suppose it's still technically not a fiasco because no one's on fire... yet...
I'm sorry I'm not following you... I'm a bit confused, what marketing fiasco were you talking about then?

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I guess all the different kind of happy and ecstatic expressions I could make about this have already been made. Still waiting for all of what happened yesterday (both the good and bad) to fully sink in for me, but man are there already a lot of threads on this sub-forum, as there were a lot of pages on here for me to catch up on. 0_o The hype is real alright.

Suppose I'll be doing what steps I can for now on the whole Club Nintendo account thing a bit later.

As for alts, I still want that brown cape he had.

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
Don't ****ING call him a she! HE didn't suck in Melee. You suck. He wasn't top tier but it's the player who decides how good you can be. He can't be a clone of Lucario because Lucario is a clone of Mewtwo in that case. I don't even think Lucario is anything like Mewtwo. They are just two pokémon, have a ball they can charge and they are about the same height. That's like saying Samus is a clone of Mewtwo. You're a troll or an asshole.

Hahahahaha. Troll confirmed.

I honestly don't see it happening. It isn't relevant to Mewtwo any longer...
(I would love it. Don't get me wrong here.)
Relevancy has nothing to do with it.
Do you not know what Smash is?

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Don't ****ING call him a she! HE didn't suck in Melee. You suck. He wasn't top tier but it's the player who decides how good you can be. He can't be a clone of Lucario because Lucario is a clone of Mewtwo in that case. I don't even think Lucario is anything like Mewtwo. They are just two pokémon, have a ball they can charge and they are about the same height. That's like saying Samus is a clone of Mewtwo. You're a troll or an *******.

Hahahahaha. Troll confirmed.
...dude. He was pointing out what other people might say... ^^; gosh...
Why are you being so rude? :/

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Don't ****ING call him a she! HE didn't suck in Melee. You suck. He wasn't top tier but it's the player who decides how good you can be. He can't be a clone of Lucario because Lucario is a clone of Mewtwo in that case. I don't even think Lucario is anything like Mewtwo. They are just two pokémon, have a ball they can charge and they are about the same height. That's like saying Samus is a clone of Mewtwo. You're a troll or an *******.
Calm down, dude. He was just presenting arguments he'd seen before, not actually supporting him. And he can refer to Mewtwo with a feminine pronoun if he wants to. Just cause you think he should be masculine doesn't mean she has to think so, too. Mewtwo's technically gender less anyway.

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
...dude. He was pointing out what other people might say... ^^; gosh...
There are no words that make it look that way in that post. Except maybe "Pick your favorite". But there's no "apparently" or "they would say" or quotation marks.

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
Calm down, dude. He was just presenting arguments he'd seen before, not actually supporting him. And he can refer to Mewtwo with a feminine pronoun if he wants to. Just cause you think he should be masculine doesn't mean she has to think so, too. Mewtwo's technically gender less anyway.
No I wont calm down but if he truly was acting as the stupid people who would say those things, then I apologize.

No, Mewtwo is male. How do you know he's gender less? He might have a penis. Where does it sate that? Even so, you're stupid to call him a she because LOOK AT HIM! LISTEN TO HIM.

Last edited:

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
And clearly the art of explanation has flown entirely over your head. I suggest you learn how to tell a statement from a counterpoint before trying to debate.

And, by the way, you've stooped to argument ad hominem over your own mistake. You may wish to review your debate strategies.

Mewtwo, in case you've forgotten, is an androgyne. She has no gender save that which the speaker chooses to assign her... and, by the way, is FEMININE in body structure, so my choice of pronouns is valid. Can we try to keep it civil?

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
There are no words that make it look that way in that post. Except maybe "Pick your favorite". But there's no "apparently" or "they would say" or quotation marks.
That doesn't justify your totally over-the-top unnecessary reaction. Even if he was saying that, you should present arguments like a calm, collected person, and try to be respectful, not cuss him out.

Last edited:

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
And clearly the art of explanation has flown entirely over your head. I suggest you learn how to tell a statement from a counterpoint before trying to debate.

And, by the way, you've stooped to argument ad hominem over your own mistake. You may wish to review your debate strategies.

Mewtwo, in case you've forgotten, is an androgyne. She has no gender save that which the speaker chooses to assign her... and, by the way, is FEMININE in body structure, so my choice of pronouns is valid. Can we try to keep it civil?
WTF are you talking about? You did a very poor job at acting as the Devil's advocate. Learn to write better in such a case.

"stooped argument ad hominem over your own mistake" What the **** does this even mean? Maybe my English is lacking here but I'm sure it doesn't apply to me.

Debate strategies!? You don't use strategies with someone who's an idiot. (You're only stupid for calling him female, not the other thing since you apparently were speaking for other people)

If you want it to be civil then don't be stupid then... He is a he, you only call her she to mess with people or to try and stick out for no reason but your own desire to be noticed.

That doesn't justify your totally over-the-top unnecessary reaction. Even if he was saying that, you should present arguments like a calm, collected person, and try to be respectful, not cuss him out.
Hahahahaha! Aren't you a Mewtwo fan? Stop talking **** about me when I'm the one who defend Mewtwo and the fans of him. People who make no sense and who are stupid shall be treated however I want. Nice people shall be treated in a good way. So what do you want?

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Overreaction much? And regardless of the argument, what happened to civility? Did that suddenly fly out the window? Eisendrachen hasn't been rude at all, so that gives you no excuse to act the way you are.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
WTF are you talking about? You did a very poor job at acting as the Devil's advocate. Learn to write better in such a case.

"stooped argument ad hominem over your own mistake" What the **** does this even mean? Maybe my English is lacking here but I'm sure it doesn't apply to me.

Debate strategies!? You don't use strategies with someone who's an idiot. (You're only stupid for calling him female, not the other thing since you apparently were speaking for other people)

If you want it to be civil then don't be stupid then... He is a he, you only call her she to mess with people or to try and stick out for no reason but your own desire to be noticed.

Hahahahaha! Aren't you a Mewtwo fan? Stop talking **** about me when I'm the one who defend Mewtwo and the fans of him. People who make no sense and who are stupid shall be treated however I want. Nice people shall be treated in a good way. So what do you want?
Calling Mewtwo a she is totally acceptable. Not only has he had a feminine voice canonically, but he is also gender less canonically. Therefore, any pronoun is acceptable. And, she is right in that Mewtwo's body structure resembles a feminine body structure.

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
Overreaction much? And regardless of the argument, what happened to civility? Did that suddenly fly out the window? Eisendrachen hasn't been rude at all, so that gives you no excuse to act the way you are.
He was rude. Calling Mewtwo female is stupid and wrong. It makes no sense. And he said other stupid crap but then later wasn't his own words so obviously those things do not apply to him now. I'm not over reacting when the guy doing something stupid is saying something crazy to begin with. Why the hell are you too jumping on me for helping? The **** is wrong with you people? Just cause you're afraid to speak your mind freely doesn't mean I can't. You sound like you're old or afraid of your mom. I'm just not understanding what you want.

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
Calling Mewtwo a she is totally acceptable. Not only has he had a feminine voice canonically, but he is also gender less canonically. Therefore, any pronoun is acceptable. And, she is right in that Mewtwo's body structure resembles a feminine body structure.
No. No. And no. He doesn't have ****ing boobs. Are you that stupid? I'm only asking cause clearly I haven't seen many women without boobs! And SHOW ME where it says he doesn't have a gender. And tell me WHY he LOOKS, ACTS, TALKS, and is CALLED MALE by every other person and media I've seen in my life. No you can't. Just stop.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
He was rude. Calling Mewtwo female is stupid and wrong. It makes no sense. And he said other stupid crap but then later wasn't his own words so obviously those things do not apply to him now. I'm not over reacting when the guy doing something stupid is saying something crazy to begin with. Why the hell are you too jumping on me for helping? The **** is wrong with you people? Just cause you're afraid to speak your mind freely doesn't mean I can't. You sound like you're old or afraid of your mom. I'm just not understanding what you want.
What we want is for you to just be a little less narrow-minded and acceptable of other people's opinions. There's nothing wrong with calling Mewtwo a she, and there is no reason to rudely deride them for their not only OK opinion, but their canonically supported opinion.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
No. No. And no. He doesn't have ****ing boobs. Are you that stupid? I'm only asking cause clearly I haven't seen many women without boobs! And SHOW ME where it says he doesn't have a gender. And tell me WHY he LOOKS, ACTS, TALKS, and is CALLED MALE by every other person and media I've seen in my life. No you can't. Just stop.
In the newest pokemon movie, he's voiced by a female. And the body structure is feminine, notice the hips and shoulders

Also mewtwo doesn't act in a way that pretains to any gender, Mewtwo is genderless just like every legendary

Plus mega mewtwo Y, That is all

Last edited:

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
In the newest pokemon movie, he's voiced by a female. And the body structure is feminine, notice the hips and shoulders

Also mewtwo doesn't act in a way that pretains to any gender, Mewtwo is genderless just like every legendary
He's a pokémon... you can't go by his figure... Only if you do I can say he doesn't have female breasts. Those are clearly male breasts. Any pokémon can look any kind of way. Just because he has a wide hip doesn't make him look female. I said show me, not tell me.

You're like the people who call Kirby she... Just stop. Ridiculous. Calling Mewtwo a she... pfft.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
1. Calling Mewtwo female is not stupid nor wrong. It's his own thought. It's not like there's a strong canon in the anime anyway.
1.5. Someone has a skewed line of thought to think something as simple as calling a gender less Pokemon female is rude, stupid, and wrong while not realizing the massive hypocrisy he's engaging in.

2. You're not helping. You're making yourself look like an immature fool who cannot respect someone else's opinion. If he wants to think Mewtwo is female, that's fine. It's not like you have to follow his line of thinking, but at the same time no reason to chew him out on his own opinion.

3. I'm jumping on you because you're overreacting to a mundane subject, and in the worst way possible.

4. If he thinks Mewtwo is female and is saying it, that isn't speaking your mind freely? And he's clearly not afraid about it.

5. We want you to shut up about this meaningless argument and be civil. Is that too much to ask?

Oh wait, this is the Internet. I forgot. Silly me.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Since the games are most cannon he/she is gender-less, which means either is correct the only incorrect pronoun is "it" since he is considered either, neither, or both. So everyone is correct as along as they don't say "it".

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
He's a pokémon... you can't go by his figure... Only if you do I can say he doesn't have female breasts. Those are clearly male breasts. Any pokémon can look any kind of way. Just because he has a wide hip doesn't make him look female. I said show me, not tell me.

You're like the people who call Kirby she... Just stop. Ridiculous. Calling Mewtwo a she... pfft.
Then why is it fine if you see him as male if he's just a pokemon? (A genderless one I might add) Most pokemon can be either gender anyway so what does it matter? this is like saying Lucario or charizard are male or female

Plus look at his chest, it kinda looks like boobs

The difference is that kirby is stated to be male while mewtwo is not

Last edited:

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
...Thanks for the support guys, but let's stop feeding the trolls, shall we? Ridley's thread fell into this trap, too.

@ Swedish_Otaku Swedish_Otaku : As you've been adamant in pursuing your own special brand of malicious ignorance, I'm going to warn you now: I don't deal with hypocrites any better than I deal with idiots. Argument ad hominem (which is to say, "I think you're wrong, therefore I'll call you stupid instead of making my own points") is poor form and only serves to make you look bad. Which, by the way, you've done spectacularly with no need for my input!

I've reported every post, and will ignore you for good measure. I sincerely hope you'll learn that having the GIFT is not carte blanch to use it by the time you're actually old enough to have an account here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom