• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
This, basically. Mewtwo might require serious skill to master. Something that Little Mac players, for the most part, don't understand. :p
It annoys me even more with slightly skilled Little Mac players because they're way better than they should be.. but yes.

Here's how it's gonna go:

1. For the first month or so everyone will be trying to main Mewtwo because he's the new kid on the block.
2. People will start becoming anti-Mewtwo because he's the new kid on the block.
3. If his moveset ends up being complicated, people will start hating on him and realize he's not for them.
4. People will calm down and forget about him and start asking for Ridley.
5. Us Mewtwo enthusiasts will be free from the popular crowd and will commence in kicking ass!

Of course, I'd grind with him even if he was worse than in Melee, but I'm of course hoping Namco hives him the same balancing expertise as all the other characters.
He's all I played in Melee. ALL I played. Well maybe Zelda/Shiek 1% of the time. But otherwise, it was Mewtwo for a good 4-5 years. I don't care if he's low tier again, as long as he's as interesting (though preferably buffed with a new moveset) as his Melee counterpart.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Of course, I'd grind with him even if he was worse than in Melee, but I'm of course hoping Namco hives him the same balancing expertise as all the other characters.
I'm sure they will. But a part of me kinda wants him to be a hard character to use- simply because it would allow only the true die-hard Mewtwo fans to bring him to glory.
I mean, if he's easy and overpowered....everyone will be using him....

It annoys me even more with slightly skilled Little Mac players because they're way better than they should be.. but yes.

Here's how it's gonna go:

1. For the first month or so everyone will be trying to main Mewtwo because he's the new kid on the block.
2. People will start becoming anti-Mewtwo because he's the new kid on the block.
3. If his moveset ends up being complicated, people will start hating on him and realize he's not for them.
4. People will calm down and forget about him and start asking for Ridley.
5. Us Mewtwo enthusiasts will be free from the popular crowd and will commence in kicking ***!
This. <3

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I'm sure they will. But a part of me kinda wants him to be a hard character to use- simply because it would allow only the true die-hard Mewtwo fans to bring him to glory.
I mean, if he's easy and overpowered....everyone will be using him....
Considering he has a high skill floor in P:M, where he actually is overpowered according to some, I wouldn't worry too much. I mean, of course FG's gonna' be full to bursting with Mewtwos in Spring, but they'll peter out to just the dedicated users like Mac did.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465

Hey guys, I found this and I thought some of you might want to use it in your signatures. Its an updated render for Mewtwo's face. <3

Steelia

Smash Champion
Just picked up copies of Smash 3DS for me and my bros, and placed a pre-order for Smash Wii U. Spring cannot come soon enough.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
My hype is getting the best of me.

I just straight up made a Mewtwo desktop.

Mewtwo Desktop.png

It's in widescreen dimensions (1366 x 768), and I unfortunately don't plan on making more of them, as I originally wanted this to be for me only, but wanted to share, nonetheless. >.< Someone can probably crank out a better one than me in a matter of minutes, anyway :p

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Man, it's great to see everyone in here so happy! Right before the thread closed there was so much bitterness and teh sads. The mood change on the one page is dramatic! Sometimes happy endings do happen! :happysheep:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Question for all the Mewtwo mains:

In this roster, or in the inevitable reveal trailer, who would you guys want to see Mewtwo fight against the most? Or even better, who would you want to see get their butts kicked by Mewtwo?

I know it's a random question but.. just trust me. What say you?

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion

In this roster, or in the inevitable reveal trailer, who would you guys want to see Mewtwo fight against the most? Or even better, who would you want to see get their butts kicked by Mewtwo?

Would be cool to see him overpower every other Pokemon character as a demonstration of just how strong he is.

ZombieVito

Smash Journeyman
So if I get Smash 3DS and register it at CN right now and then register the Wii U version in November (A friend will give me his code) will I get Mewtwo next year or I have to wait to input the codes until spring?

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503

Doctor Mario and Jigglypuff (Doc got in first over Mewtwo this time, stupid creampuff made it in over Mewtwo in 64) get to be the first casualties, then we just need a montage of Mewtwo walking all over EVERYONE. :demon:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

Greninja and Lucario; it just seems appropirate, even though my personal headcanon has them as friends rather than rivals, hah!

I'll bet alot of people are going to do some :mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm: vs. :4darkpit: though.

Poor Pittoo, he doesn't deserve that, especially now, lmao.

But yeah.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514

Lucario, duh. :p

C3CC

Smash Lord
I can't be happier :') A few pages back I was telling everyone "Give it up guys, it's not happening" and now I've never been prouder of having to swallow my own words.

Since Dr. Mario came back pretty similar to his Melee iteration, I would expect the same for Mewtwo. I do, however, expect him to have the following:

-Same Shadow Ball.
-Same F-air.
-Same Up throw.
-Same Back throw.
-Quicker Confusion.
-Same Teleport.

Among other things, like:

-New voice acting, similar to the Melee one he had.
-A black color palette .
-An EPIC trailer to announce his final release date and the methods of getting him.

With that last thing said, I really hope they put a price to him for us who don't have one of either versions. As for myself, I don't have a 3DS and I'm not planning on getting one. Charge whatever you want for him, Nintendo. I'm buying him no matter what.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Last edited:

C3CC

Smash Lord

I want him to MURDER Greninja and Lucario just so us Mewtwo mains can finally have the last laugh. I want Charizard to make an appearance because he's that badass.

But also I want Rosalina and Palutena to appear somehow just because they look beautiful in HD.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101

Lucario. I want Mewtwo to kick Lucario into next week for what Lucario did to him in Brawl. A wise man waits 7 years for revenge, as the saying goes, and by the time Mewtwo's out, it'll be just the right time.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
Lucario. I want Mewtwo to kick Lucario into next week for what Lucario did to him in Brawl. A wise man waits 7 years for revenge, as the saying goes, and by the time Mewtwo's out, it'll be just the right time.
Oh, there's an idea. Think about it: We start with Lucario, struggling alone against impossible odds. Just, oh, ten seconds or so of Lucario fighting, slowly getting beaten down by multiple opponents... let's say, Greninja, Jigglypuff, Doc Mario, Pittoo, Duck Hunt and Toon Link. Things look bleak for poor Lucario, and his numerous opponents slowly get the better of him, until suddenly-

MEWTWO STRIKES BACK!

Mewtwo slams in out of nowhere and sends all of Lucario's opponents flying arse over teakettle. We get a minute or so of gameplay footage featuring Mewtwo UTTERLY CURBSTOMPING each of Lucario's former opponents, with Lucario marked as her partner each time. Then, when the last one falls, she turns to the injured Lucario, who offers a paw in friendship...

And we end with a final bit of gameplay footage, Mewtwo spiking Lucario off a cliff with a decisive Psystrike. :demon:

Steelia

Smash Champion

Mewtwo-into-Mega Mewtwo [inevitably Y] vs. Lucario-into-Mega Lucario vs. Charizard-into-Mega Charizard X. That'd be amazing.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465

Charizard, Lucario and Greninja.
I specifically want to see him slap Greninja and Lucario around a good amount of times. <3

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
VanillaTwo
BlueTwo
ShinyTwo
YellowTwo
BlackTwo
PinkTwo
PowerArmorTwo
CapeTwo

That's the costumes I want.

As for M2 coming with a stage, since he's more or less based off the Mewtwo from the anime, I'd like, and I know its a pie in the sky dream, to have New Island be the stage and just be a gigantic nod to the first movie. Style it like Delfino Plaza or Castle Siege where the stage has you go through several sections of the island.

Smash 3DS directly references the anime. Let's take the next step.
would rather have mewtwos stadium from pokemon stadium 1.... but how about new islands stadium from mewtwo strikes back for the wii u and mewtwos arena from stadium for the 3ds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom