• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirst

Heh...if you thought my Dark Pit was good- wait till you see me with my true main. :D
As if I won't be heavily using the character as well. Mewtwo is pretty much my all-time favorite Pokemon.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
What im wondering is this

I like to reset data to unlock stuff again

Do you think i have to redownload mewtwo from the my downloads section if i reset the data or will he/she be untouched by the reset

Oh and as for the mewtwo voice the person who voiced melee mewtwo in japan is still alive and sakurai probably knows we prefer male voice so i think hes getting a male voice

Staarih

Smash Master
Watch Mewtwo get a green tint alt which resembles its shiny form but still isn't quite it, much like with the other Pokémon.
Edit: Though I guess Melee sort of had that green alt already haha!

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
What im wondering is this

I like to reset data to unlock stuff again

Do you think i have to redownload mewtwo from the my downloads section if i reset the data or will he/she be untouched by the reset

Oh and as for the mewtwo voice the person who voiced melee mewtwo in japan is still alive and sakurai probably knows we prefer male voice so i think hes getting a male voice

It will probably work like any other download on your game system. You get a download code which gets linked to your Nintendo E-Shop (NNID) the moment you "claim" that code. You can then redownload it as many times as you want, just like digital games, as long as you use your NNID for it.

Resetting the data will almost definitely delete Mewtwo and you would most likely have to redownload it but I don't expect a single character to occupy that much memory so the download should be pretty quick.

Last edited:

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
What do you guys think of this assuming we get gameplay by the end of the year...October:reveal December:Trailer February: Stage and April 8th release!

Unresolved

Smash Cadet
NNID
Unresolved
3DS FC
4596-9792-3892
When Mewtwo releases in the spring, I predict that For Glory will basically be filled with Mewtwos only and little mac

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
My guesses as to Mewtwo's palletes:

1. Purple, the base Mewtwo
2. Blue, a possibly unintentional reference to the first Pokemon movie in which Mewtwo had a skin tone that was much bluer than other designs, and a hold-over from melee that is used for team battles
3. Green, a light shade of green that references Mewtwo's shiny palette in the Pokemon games, and a hold-over from Melee that is used for team battles
4. Red, used for team battles
5. Pink, Mewtwo is uniformly a light pink, with little difference between his skin and his tail, a reference to Mewtwo's adorable progenitor Mew
6. Dark Purple, an inverted palette in which Mewtwo's skin is a dark purple and his tail is light gray, a reference to the Shadow Pokemon found in Pokemon Colosseum and Shadow Lugia's color scheme in particular
7. Dark Red, a palette in which Mewtwo's chestplate is off-black, with the rest of his skin being dark gray and his tail being a dark red, serving as a reference to Zoroark's color scheme
8. Dark Blue, Mewtwo's skin is a deep blue and his tail is a hot pink, with a tan trim for his chestplate, fingers, secondary neck, and sides of his horns, serving as a none-too-subtle reference to the Greninja-Mewtwo confusion that happened in the split seconds before Graninja's official reveal

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex

2. Blue, a possibly unintentional reference to the first Pokemon movie in which Mewtwo had a skin tone that was much bluer than other designs, and a hold-over from melee that is used for team battles
3. Green, a light shade of green that references Mewtwo's shiny palette in the Pokemon games, and a hold-over from Melee that is used for team battles
5. Pink, Mewtwo is uniformly a light pink, with little difference between his skin and his tail, a reference to Mewtwo's adorable progenitor Mew
6. Dark Purple, an inverted palette in which Mewtwo's skin is a dark purple and his tail is light gray, a reference to the Shadow Pokemon found in Pokemon Colosseum and Shadow Lugia's color scheme in particular
7. Dark Red, a palette in which Mewtwo's chestplate is off-black, with the rest of his skin being dark gray and his tail being a dark red, serving as a reference to Zoroark's color scheme
8. Dark Blue, Mewtwo's skin is a deep blue and his tail is a hot pink, with a tan trim for his chestplate, fingers, secondary neck, and sides of his horns, serving as a none-too-subtle reference to the Greninja-Mewtwo confusion that happened in the split seconds before Graninja's official reveal

Almost every character (if not every character) has a grey/white palette. I expect Mewtwo to be the same.

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
I wonder how long we'll have to wait for a Mewtwo PotD or trailer for the halfway point of her development cycle...

I also wonder if they can finish her early :3
Did you just call Mewtwo her? ... GTFO!

How are you people even talking about this!? LOOK AT HIM! He doesn't have bloody boobs! He acts male! He's called "he/him"! His voice is male! Of cource he's male! He's not gonna have a damn female voice. Period.

I'm really hoping he has his armor as a costume.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
...*headdesk*

I just realized that a Legendary Pokémon is only available by special distribution. Does this look familiar or what?

How are you people even talking about this!? LOOK AT HIM! He doesn't have bloody boobs! He acts male! He's called "he/him"! His voice is male! Of cource he's male! He's not gonna have a damn female voice. Period.

To be fair, there's canonically more than one now. And it does make sense for there to be, considering he's a human construct and therefore replicable.

Last edited:

Wish_1up

Smash Rookie
Mewtwo MEWTWO MEWTWO!!!! MEEEEWWWWWTWOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

So assuming that Mewtwo will see very few massive changes in his gameplay, since they are developing him alongside tweaks to the wii u version, and probably even more DLC characters, I think the thinks that we will most likely find different about Mewtwo will be the way he operates on the new smash bros physics.

The new smash is pretty speedy, and somewhere in between melee and brawl, although you can't wave dash/moonwalk/Lcancel to quicken combat, the game makes up for these things with majorly buffed characters. Another thing that speeds up matches is that lag frames, helpless frames, and knockback are all waaaaaaaaaay meaner, and mistakes are that much more punishable. Mewtwo in melee was a lightweight fighter with a but load of movement, but not speed or power, i think we will see a big buff put on Mewtwos' priority and move activation speed. He will likely keep his jump quirk that makes him float when you perform an ariel after a second jump. His air dodge, much like his dodge on the ground will probably be obnoxiously long, allowing Mewtwo to travel a great distance in the air during invincibility frames.

Mewtwos weight will likely not change, being KO-able at 90% up with a well place smash or similar KO move

Mewtwo's specials are really what is up in the air. Will he retain his teleport recovery? Two characters already have a teleport, the one operating in close similarity to Mewtwos is Palutena. So if it is included, how will it work? Will Mewtwo be able to act out of it like in Pm? Will it be shorter with less cool down? Will it be the same? Who knows
His confusion (forward B) was next to useless in melee, not truly reflecting, and if somehow you were to find yourself in the projectiles way again, it would still hit you, highly punishable when used as a grab, and mostly just a DI tool. If confusion does not become a true reflect attack and knocks grabbed opponents away like PM i think it will be scrapped in favor of another projectile attack. If i had to guess what that projectile would be... Possibly barrier or reflect, as a wall / trap. Weather or not it reflects, if it last at least 2 seconds it would be an interesting strategic addition to Mewtwo.
As for his down special, disable, if it is buffed, it will most likely acquire more range or faster activation. If replaced, it would make Mewtwo a frustrating foe to fight, but you could give him a slow Recover down special. Something kind of like wii fit trainer where you have to perform some input perfectly to recover at all.
Shadow ball will stay. Shadow ball is like, one of Mewtwo's signiture attacks. Also the wiggle of the move makes for fun projectile pressure strategy.

I refuse to speculate Mewtwos' final smash in any way other than I am almost 100% sure it will involve a mega evolution
That is all!

deebeethedeity

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1306-6746-5618
I'm so happy he is back he is one of my favorite Pokemon and my melee main. I wonder if he will have a revamped move set due to him release so far from now.

To be fair, there's canonically more than one now. And it does make sense for there to be, considering he's a human construct and therefore replicable.
I always disliked that. It isn't really realistic for them to splice another mew and get another exact mewtwo.

Last edited:

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
I would like to see a Genesect and Deoxys themed color pallets for him

- purple body & light purple tail w/ red eyes
- red/orange body & green/blue tail

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So would Mewtwo's 3DS trophy be representative of his character portrait and in-game model, or do you think he will get a new trophy (besides the obvious "Alt" and "Final Smash" trophies)?

D

Deleted member

I still like to consider that now, all cuts from Melee have returned in some way.

Dr. Mario: returned in Melee form!
Pichu: I like the theory that Pichu evolved into the next Pikachu, because of the goggles! So they kinda merged together again.
Young Link: Now Toon Link
Roy: This is the most of a stretch, but Lucina also being a clone of Marth as Roy was kinda makes her the spiritual successor
Mewtwo: Now finally returning!

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I never thought I would see the day that this happened. Seeing this subforum officially open gives me a lot of joy. I had all but given up hope... now I just can't wait for Spring!

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze
I wonder if they'd include a home stage for Mewtwo, I'd die if we got Cerulean Cave or the one from X & Y.

On another note, Sakurai retweeted Etika's reaction video for Mewtwo's announcement! He must have shed a tear laughing at poor ol' Etika.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm kinda happy to see everyone finally get him back.

I wouldn't have been effected much either way, but he never should have left the series to begin with. And it bothered me when people said Lucario was his replacement. Lucario has his own appeal altogether, as does Mewtwo. They both deserve to be here.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
I wonder if they'd include a home stage for Mewtwo, I'd die if we got Cerulean Cave or the one from X & Y.

On another note, Sakurai retweeted Etika's reaction video for Mewtwo's announcement! He must have shed a tear laughing at poor ol' Etika.
I want Poke floats that ends with Mew or Mewtwo!Also link to video?

Last edited:

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
I pretty much took back all my negativity towards Sm4sh's otherwise mediocre roster when Mewtwo got confirmed! So glad to have my true top main and all-time favorite character back!

I'm actually glad he won't be out til Spring, because it'll probably take me that long to save up for a Wii U! #thestruggle

Just hope he's heavily improved from Melee. Though I don't see why he wouldn't be! Oh, and I personally wouldn't mind the female voice. I'm indifferent toward it. Either way, I look forward to getting good with him and the many Mewtwo dittos if I meet up with you guys!

Zoljinx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zoljinx
3DS FC
5343-8245-7441
I felt like without Mewtwo in Smash, Pokemon was missing a certain Aspect in their representation, The Legendary Pokemon.
and I feel Mewtwo does represent it perfectly. (i mean he's already been in Smash before.)

this is just how i see Pokemon are represented:
Pikachu: The Official Face of Pokemon
Charizard: Gen 1
Lucario: Mega Evolution
Jigglypuff: New Fairy-Type
Greninja: The Newest Generation
Mewtwo: Legendary Pokemon

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze
I miss Poke Floats... it was bad, but it was so bad that it was good.

He made a video about the retweet
If you want to see the reaction I think someone posted it a while back. Check it out again anyway lol remember to lower the volume.

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
This is also a good Mewtwo reveal reaction video. The reveal ****ing sent his brain back to the stone age. XD

And another one. So damn good. XD

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I still can't believe Sakurai tweeted Etika's reaction video. That's nuts, dude. Sakurai must have bust a gut laughing.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
VanillaTwo
BlueTwo
ShinyTwo
YellowTwo
BlackTwo
PinkTwo
PowerArmorTwo
CapeTwo

That's the costumes I want.

As for M2 coming with a stage, since he's more or less based off the Mewtwo from the anime, I'd like, and I know its a pie in the sky dream, to have New Island be the stage and just be a gigantic nod to the first movie. Style it like Delfino Plaza or Castle Siege where the stage has you go through several sections of the island.

Smash 3DS directly references the anime. Let's take the next step.

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Wow, can't believe I missed this up until now. This is incredible.

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
I still can't believe Sakurai tweeted Etika's reaction video. That's nuts, dude. Sakurai must have bust a gut laughing.
He didn't tweet it, he retweeted it.

Another one. HAHGAGHHDAHHAHAAHHAA!! I laughed so much at this! XD ****ing hell aaah!

Hahhaa omg I love these.

Last edited:

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503

And a version with the restraint armor on for each of them. :smirk:

Okay, you know what? I hope we get Lisa Ortiz or Mari Devon as the only possible VA for her. JUST FOR YOU, JERKBAG. :glare:

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
xD Omg...I just love people's reactions. They're all so happy because Sakurai actually did listen to us...<3

People hate losing. If they enter For Glory and get their ***** handed to them they will quickly drop Mewtwo.
This, basically. Mewtwo might require serious skill to master. Something that Little Mac players, for the most part, don't understand. :p

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Of course, I'd grind with him even if he was worse than in Melee, but I'm of course hoping Namco hives him the same balancing expertise as all the other characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom