• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hot Uncle Sparky

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4356-0645-2703
Those "unfun minigames" have been around since at least Melee. They may well have "cut" those vets for the purpose of de-cloning... note that the list includes Wolf and Lucas, aside from Mewtwo (don't start, please). Marketing FUBAR aside, I'd rather have the "finished" game on the promised date, than have it pushed back and back and back just so that the devs can write two characters properly. Wouldn't you?

I would too, but not when we have cuts because almost half the game is cluttered with things I'm not going to even bother with. Am I just being an unhappy camper? of course, but I am also a customer who doesn't appreciate having to pay more for something I was made fun of for wanting.

I can see why you'd think that but:
2. Mewtwo will not cost that much. Odds are he'll be less than $10. My bet is on $5 like other DLC characters in other games.
3. DLC is supposed to be something people want. Why would they put out DLC that no one would buy?
4. Corporations are meant to make money. They're greedy by nature. This should not surprise anyone.
But that's why I'm unhappy about this, they did this to a character people wanted, not a few newcomers, but someone they pretty darn near promised. Did they announce any conditions for getting Mewtwo without Wii U?
The only reason why this would be a rip off if his character sucks. And seeing as they're taking their time with him, he shouldn't suck.

Last edited:

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
I for one hope his moveset doesn't change a bit and if anything make him a bit faster. I love his throws and his up throw better be same or else!! - :evil:

On a side note, I wish they announced Mewtwo isn't the only character so I can speculate others. :c

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
I would too, but not when we have cuts because almost half the game is cluttered with things I'm not going to even bother with. Am I just being an unhappy camper? of course, but I am also a customer who doesn't appreciate having to pay more for something I was made fun of for wanting.
I want Jigglypuff gone. I want Pac Man and Duck Hunt gone. I could care less about Mii Fighters or Mega Man.

But, more importantly? I'm one of the group that expected Ridley to be playable. Don't speak to me of clutter, you'll only get salt in return. :evil:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I really hope that he is a normal dlc and ppl with the 2 versions get him free. it actually makes a lot of marketing sense that way, while having him only avaiable registering both games from a set amount of time would be a completely marketing disaster.

And dude, this is the kinda of dlc i would gladly pay for, i mean, expands the game, adds something important, fangasm, dveloped outside of the game development time (the roster have been finished MONTHS ago, it's clear that his development only seriously started before that time), and it have actual work behind it ( frankly doing a new character on a 30+fighter game is LOTS of work. )

so even if we didn't saw anything, im still hyped

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I want Jigglypuff gone. I want Pac Man and Duck Hunt gone. I could care less about Mii Fighters or Mega Man.

But, more importantly? I'm one of the group that expected Ridley to be playable. Don't speak to me of clutter, you'll only get salt in return. :evil:
Honestly, no offense, and this isn't directly pointed toward you, AND it's just my personal opinion, but absolutely WANTING a character gone is really dumb.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Just watched the direct. The second I saw those polygonal feet I had the biggest nerdgasm of my life.
**** YES MEWTWO IS BACK!

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
Honestly, no offense, and this isn't directly pointed toward you, AND it's just my personal opinion, but absolutely WANTING a character gone is really dumb.
And you liked the post anyway. :demon:

But, I'm willing to compromise. Jigglypuff's an overly drawn-out joke at this point. Pac Man is actually important to video games as a whole, so I can accept him, if grudgingly. But... that thrice-damned dog... well. Let's just say that I've got a focus for my salt and it happens to be a part of my childhood that I loathed utterly. :glare:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Welcome back old friend. You were one of my favorites in Melee, and out of the 3 bigs (Ridley, K. Rool, Mewtwo) I really only supported you. :)

Last edited:

Hot Uncle Sparky

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4356-0645-2703

Well excuse me, but Mewtwo DLC is not the only thing that violated my misplaced optimism. Salt is ALL I HAVE right now, as a matter of fact... it's all I've ever known.

An wanting characters gone? don't you think that's a little... selfish?

Last edited:

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
Ive had the biggest grin all day. I can't stop smiling. It actually happened. Im really hoping for an ingame picture in the pic of the day.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
An wanting characters gone? don't you think that's a little... selfish?
*ahem*

Sorry, let's start over. Hello, Mr. Kettle. My name is Mr. Pot. You're black. :p

I can at least make some good out of this. See, I only have to acknowledge the characters I want gone as much as required to get them off the stage. There's really not much that can be done for not having a character you actually wanted in. Mewtwo isn't in yet but she will be, if you can foot the bill.

Which isn't nearly as big a screwup as stage hazard Ridley.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Ive had the biggest grin all day. I can't stop smiling. It actually happened. Im really hoping for an ingame picture in the pic of the day.
Seeing as he isn't out til Spring, I wouldn't count on it bud. :ohwell: But God do I hope I'm wrong.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
The true hype is upon us lads! LET THE PALLET SWAPS AND MOVESETS TALK START!

ialsohavetogetanewprofilepic...brb

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
I've been wanting to see a Mewtwo subforum in this part of Smashboards for a long, long time.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
The true hype is upon us lads! LET THE PALLET SWAPS AND MOVESETS TALK START!
Shining palette (green) should be obvious at this point, desaturated "Game Boy" palette also came up, restraint armor is the most obvious alt. Possibly at least one each of the default, shining and "Game Boy" palettes in said armor, which would account for six costumes.

For movesets, drop Shadow Ball to either Side or a custom Neutral, replace the default Neutral with Psystrike. Regardless, the old Side and Down specials should be dropped or seriously overhauled. Mewtwo should have a slightly longer reach for her "contact" moves than her frame would suggest, arms in particular should move in a way suggesting a two-handed weapon, and accompany all moves with darkness/psi effects. Pausing the game at the right moment during her "contact" moves should reveal that the hitflash is in fact a giant spoon, a la PokéSpe.

Her movements in general should suggest someone who requires their body grudgingly, or else the air of supreme self-confidence and barely-contained power. Reference Deus from Asura's Wrath for her idle stance: Mewtwo is tall, and looks down on others. When she attacks, a slight gesture brings devastation. When she moves, her feet remain still as she leaves the ground beneath her. When she jumps, it isn't so much a compression and release of muscle as psychokinetically launching herself through the air.

...Which is an unnecessarily Exalted-esque way of saying "Mewtwo is all about mind over body, bloody use it." :seuss:

Playat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Playat
3DS FC
0473-7807-1815

Yay Mewtwo coming back!!
Now I'm curious to how he will play. I hope he plays alot different from his P:M counterpart.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

I like how the Smash 3 Project just so happened to be working on their new version of Mewtwo at the same time that turned out looking just like Smash 4's model wise. Neat. XD

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Just popping in to congratulate all of you Mewtwo fans! I'm no Pokemon fan, and I very rarely use them in smash (except maybe Jiggs), but Mewtwo was one of the only ones I liked. And there never was a good reason to cut him... very interesting and unique character.:chuckle:

Justice has been done today, guys! Mewtwo has returned!

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727

I like how the Smash 3 Project just so happened to be working on their new version of Mewtwo at the same time that turned out looking just like Smash 4's model wise. Neat. XD
I could have cared less for those Amiibos but now that Mewtwo's in, EEEEEEEE. I WANT A MEWTWO AMIIBO. That picture made me think of it..

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
You're all beautiful people. This day shall forever be known as Mewtwo day. Ive never been more excited for Spring.
Yes I want to give you all a hug. We've all been speculating on this for about year or more, was let down and even shamed, but all of that paid off! We got him!!

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
You're all beautiful people. This day shall forever be known as Mewtwo day. Ive never been more excited for Spring.
'Tis a proud day for you, however, a sad day for Ridley fans everywhere. I implore everyone to share their condolences to the Ridley thread as not everyone is as lucky as the Mewtwo fans.

Last edited:

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
Yes I want to give you all a hug. We've all been speculating on this for about year or more, was let down and even shamed, but all of that paid off! We got him!!
Yes! We have been here counting down the days together. It has paid off. I would buy you all a beer to celebrate the time we spent speculating and telling off deniers.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Hang on. Does Spring refer to the American Spring (which means an Australian Autumn)?

Regardless, I'm glad Mewtwo's back. So what are you expecting from his return, a new moveset, or his Melee moves buffed up?

MathewRYF

Smash Cadet
NNID
MathewRYF
Hey, what did I say, guys. It was never over, even when the game came out. Mewtwo is back, the thread is back, Backstreet is back, and we have a reason to party. So, who's up for an all-Mewtwo Tourney when he is complete?

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I must say...

mew2.png

Just seeing Mewtwo's name there is...very satisfying...

*manly tear of joy*

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Hang on. Does Spring refer to the American Spring (which means an Australian Autumn)?

Regardless, I'm glad Mewtwo's back. So what are you expecting from his return, a new moveset, or his Melee moves buffed up?
It is in regards to the Western Hemisphere's Spring. So yes Australian Autumn would be logically precise.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
If you look at it, MewTwo being back means that pretty much all the cuts in Melee are back.

Young Link = Toon Link
Dr. Mario's back
MewTwo's back

Now the only characters are Roy and Pichu, but I doubt Sakurai wants 5 FE characters and nobody wants Pichu back, so yeah.
I wouldn't mind Pichu being back...

MathewRYF

Smash Cadet
NNID
MathewRYF

I'd like to see either his side B or down B replaced with a different move. That may not happen, though, considering Dr. Mario and Ganondorf didn't have their base moves change.

I wouldn't mind Pichu being back...
EDIT: I wouldn't mind seeing Pichu back either, but he would have to be heavily reworked.

Last edited:

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
I still cannot believe Mewtwo's actually going to be in this game. Like, holy crap it's so friggin' amazing he's gonna be playable. I never thought it would happen.

The only Pokemon I really want in Smash now are Aegislash and Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
So happy~ It's been many years since Melee and now that lingering feeling of missing someone will be gone~ Welcome back to the Smash Family Mewtwo! We missed you! <3
Hope he still has his confusion down-B, I loved that! But what, if anything, should Mewtwo be updated with? Of course Mega Mewtwo Y as a Final Smash, but... I dunno. Maybe psystrike as a side-B or something? But I dunno about yall but I loved doing side-b into sliding under em real fast and up-smashing.
Ahhh I can talk about Mewtwo combos again!

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Brothers and sisters, the day has come at last!

I usually hate Spring, but now I can't wait. 4 of my favorite pokemon are now playable in this game.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Not sure if Mewtwo will get it's own trailer considering it's already been announced anyway, but I'm sure they'll at least release some footage of it showing it off at some point once they've completed him.

Can't wait till then!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom