• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamer8

Smash Lord
I don't know if this is the case, but it's the only realistic conclusion I can make of the situation, and I'm sure others have thought the same as well.

When you really think about it, the 3DS coming out before the Wii-U will just kill all hype by the time the Wii-U version is released. The apparent 'full roster' has been revealed, and there is not really going to be anything exciting to look forward to for the Wii-U release. So Sakurai must have some sort of strategy in mind to generate the hype again. Logically, the way to do that would be either:

- Revealing there will be DLC
- Confirming that there will be more characters to unlock once the Wii-U version comes out/3DS and Wii-U are linked

If he doesn't even consider any of these two options, the man's an idiot. I'd like to think he isn't.

I'm still holding on because we know that despite the full roster is revealed there are still empty spaces, and the fact the game is pretty big in size. And, of course, no Mewtwo trophy found yet.

Considering Mewtwo for 64 and having a partially complete model in Brawl is more than enough reason for Sakurai to bring Mewtwo back into Smash 4. He has no excuse this time. And I'm sure he's well aware of Project M and Mewtwo being bought back into the game by FANS.

If Sakurai has a reason why he wouldn't bring Mewtwo back this time around, it needs to be a justifiable one and he needs to answer up for it and put us to rest (provided we don't see anything/hear anything of Mewtwo in the next few months).

I'm still taking no word as a good sign. Let's hope it holds out.

I won't give up till the very end.

Finally, some slightly good news for us:

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2g9mzm/a_note_to_those_saying_that_trophies_deconfirm/
About the reddit link, was it a final smash trophy maybe? I remember seeing a Samus trophy that wasn't All Star or Classic, I thought it was Zero Laser... I don't really remember but it wasn't her normal pose. If you can just collect FS trophies then that's something different than other character trophies. I hope I was wrong about the Samus trophy I saw and that that link is right.

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
To be honest, I don't recognize that model either. Closest I can think of is the X/Y model but without the cel shadedness... but doesnt seem like that's the model?

Then again, some trophies do get original models like Dr. Wily for example.

D

Deleted member

**** YOU SAKURAI YOU BRING BACK DR.MARIO BUT NOT MEWTWO WHY NOT AND ON TOP OF THAT YOU ADD DARK PIT A RESKIN IN HIS OWN SLOT YOU DONT DESERVE TO BE DIRECTER ANYMORE.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
THIS IS NEW MODEL!!!!!!!!!!
THERE IS STILL A CHANCE THAT HE WILL A DLC!!!!!
Exactly, if the Wii Fit Trainer has a trophy that isn't unlocked by playing as her, then making DLC characters with their own trophies isn't really out of the question. They could even add (DLC) onto the end of their names. I won't believe he's completely gone and out of the question until Sakurai addresses this himself, or if DLC is announced and there isn't any sign of Mewtwo returning.

Gnight

Smash Journeyman
**** YOU SAKURAI YOU BRING BACK DR.MARIO BUT NOT MEWTWO WHY NOT AND ON TOP OF THAT YOU ADD DARK PIT A RESKIN IN HIS OWN SLOT YOU DONT DESERVE TO BE DIRECTER ANYMORE.
That's some massive butthurt. It would be impossible for Sakurai to please everyone and some things are beyond even HIS control *coughgenocough*.

Naoshi

Wait, you can obtain playable character trophies without playing as them? Huh, that's new to me.

That's some massive butthurt. It would be impossible for Sakurai to please everyone and some things are beyond even HIS control *coughgenocough*.
I agree. While it really really sucks Mewtwo is missing in action again, I do not think Sakurai should stop directing the games. Despite some cuts, I think the roster itself is very good.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Exactly, if the Wii Fit Trainer has a trophy that isn't unlocked by playing as her, then making DLC characters with their own trophies isn't really out of the question. They could even add (DLC) onto the end of their names. I won't believe he's completely gone and out of the question until Sakurai addresses this himself, or if DLC is announced and there isn't any sign of Mewtwo returning.
There may be some truth to this. Here's my proof from the Japanese version I downloaded this morning with the Japanese 3DS I have.
EDIT Here's the photo uploaded. Note that I haven't beaten Classic mode as WFT, otherwise I would have received the trophy of her official render.

Attachments

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

:drmario: is what gets me mad i will probably get the 3ds version and mod my old wii also how would you feel if ness got
cut in brawl and someone like pichu made it this game

Last edited by a moderator:

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
Of course it's a new model.why would they copy and paste it from previous illiterations? That would be rather insulting.

Last edited:

gamer8

Smash Lord
There may be some truth to this. Here's my proof from the Japanese version I downloaded this morning with the Japanese 3DS I have.
EDIT Here's the photo uploaded.
That's her Final Smash pose isn't it? I would want someone to translate the name of the trophy and the description to see if there's anything there that says otherwise. Because what I remember seeing looked like Samus in her Zero Laser pose without the laser itself in the picture, like the WFT picture there. If I can find it again I'll post it, and I hope that's just my memory being foggy on me.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
That's her Final Smash pose isn't it? I would want someone to translate the name of the trophy and the description to see if there's anything there that says otherwise. Because what I remember seeing looked like Samus in her Zero Laser pose without the laser itself in the picture, like the WFT picture there. If I can find it again I'll post it, and I hope that's just my memory being foggy on me.
It's the Tree Pose, Wii Fit Trainer's Up Smash.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
The Mewtwo trophy looks like the Pokedex app/game you could download on 3DS during gen 5. The Wii Fit Trainer trophy is a trophy for a yoga pose...

Tasers

Smash Cadet
Holy **** guys, thats is a nice new model... we need to start up some petitions or make some noise, THIS SUCKS

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Just gonna say this, but I remember that Sakurai said that he wouldn't think about DLC until after the Wii U version launched, so why would he hide trophies of possible characters? That'd just be suspicious and an easy to read move. Any character shown as a trophy can easily get more that have a kind of tag on them to differentiate the DLC trophies from the regular trophies.

Naoshi

Of course it's a new model.why would they copy and paste it from previous illiterations? That would be rather insulting.
There are trophies that did that. IIRC, a lot of the Pokemon trophies, including Mewtwo's, in Brawl, were just touched up awful Battle Revolution models.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
This really does seem like a bleak moment for a lot of characters that are now trophies....
But you guys are saying there's still hope...?

Link Sharingan

Smash Ace
All Ridley needs is some Pyrosphere footage to be deconfirmed. If he's the stage boss, then that's that. I find it hard to believe that no footage of him exists yet.
the Pyrosphere is not in the 3DS version i believe although i doubt there would not be a trophy of him in the game even if he is a stage boss.

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
There are trophies that did that. IIRC, a lot of the Pokemon trophies, including Mewtwo's, in Brawl, were just touched up awful Battle Revolution models.
That thought just hit me right now.I'd like to retract my statement.

With that said,I am pretty dissapointed.

Last edited:

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
This really does seem like a bleak moment for a lot of characters that are now trophies....
Of course, just because they are trophies doesn't really mean ****. That just means they didn't make the INITIAL game, DLC is likely going to start it's planning stages now, as Sakurai said he won't be thinking about DLC until after the games are launched.

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
Just going to restate my feelings towards this from another forum;

If you're thinking that trophies (regular or AT) hurt chances, then that essentially means (by that logic) that only characters with zero trophy representation in Smash will be made playable. The characters that we've seen with ATs and regular trophies who have been "deconfirmed" are mostly highly requested potential fighters. If anything, those are the characters I think would be the most sensible to add.

Unless the development team decides to just innovate and add in characters who are currently without trophies, I fully expect some of these trophied characters to be given playable roles. The whole purpose of adding character DLC to this game is to further appease fans. Not as many people will pay top dollar for some character obscure enough to be without a trophy over a playable Ashley or Dixie Kong, you know?

This is, of course, assuming that there will be character DLC at all. And with MK8 having the amount of added content it does, I hold little doubt over it.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Wouldn't it be funny if the trophies represented DLC characters? Huh, has anyone checked the bottom of or something on the trophies? Maybe there's a secret message.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
And unlike Pokemon Trainer's trophy that mentions Brawl, Mewtwo's trophy is basically just details coming from the Pokedex about him being a clone of Mew with no mention of Melee.

D

Deleted member

Brawl did it why we got no mother trophys then what is in the game because all the mother games were 2d

Last edited by a moderator:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
And unlike Pokemon Trainer's trophy that mentions Brawl, Mewtwo's trophy is basically just details coming from the Pokedex about him being a clone of Mew with no mention of Melee.
Wow, way to reinforce that Mewtwo is a clone. "No clones" or something Sakurai said. I think he meant it literally in a sense that characters like Mewtwo and Solid Snake who are actual clones are not allowed.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Just going to restate my feelings towards this from another forum;

If you're thinking that trophies (regular or AT) hurt chances, then that essentially means (by that logic) that only characters with zero trophy representation in Smash will be made playable. The characters that we've seen with ATs and regular trophies who have been "deconfirmed" are mostly highly requested potential fighters. If anything, those are the characters I think would be the most sensible to add.

Unless the development team decides to just innovate and add in characters who are currently without trophies, I fully expect some of these trophied characters to be given playable roles. The whole purpose of adding character DLC to this game is to further appease fans. Not as many people will pay top dollar for some character obscure enough to be without a trophy over a playable Ashley or Dixie Kong, you know?

This is, of course, assuming that there will be character DLC at all. And with MK8 having the amount of added content it does, I hold little doubt over it.
THANK YOU! DLC comes after the games launch, and planning for it usually near the final stages of development. Also, saying that just because they have no trophy representation, (added for the fact that sarcasm can be hard to tell via text) means they will be DLC must mean good things for Snake's return, Master Chief, Goku, Mach Rider, and the like.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
THANK YOU! DLC comes after the games launch, and planning for it usually near the final stages of development. Also, saying that just because they have no trophy representation, (added for the fact that sarcasm can be hard to tell via text) means they will be DLC must mean good things for Snake's return, Master Chief, Goku, Mach Rider, and the like.
For some games, DLC is released on launch day and some even come out - or announced - before the game's out! :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom