• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Polar Bear trophy is categorized under the "Other" category. I doubt it means anything besides just an easy enemy to implement since he was also in Melee and made a cameo in Brawl.
So that means we got the Ice climbers cut and Mewtwo is still not returning. Mr.suckyoureye should not be
director ever agian

Last edited by a moderator:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Stopping by again.
Just wanted to return to give my condolences to Mewtwo this time around. The speculation ended up being for naught, yet the few things I actually speculated for & about Mewtwo & his possibilities & the potential we all could of seen done, that imagination was worth it. Despite hind-sight this after-math now. I admit I'm not the biggest Mewtwo fan, but I wanted to be that 'decent mewtwo fan' everyone hopefully looked at my posts & thought of me as. It was a decent pleasure to discuss, debate, even argue at times with, including every single user here. Until DLC is ready, Mewtow's Unconfirmed Thread or the DLC thread will remain Idle. So passionate Mewtwo Fans, I'll leave off with a decent phrase-of-farewell:

~Thanks for Staying~​

Last edited:

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
Stopping by again.
Just wanted to return to give my condolences to Mewtwo this time around. The speculation ended up being for naught, yet the few things I actually speculated for & about Mewtwo & his possibilities & the potential we all could of seen done, that imagination was worth it. Despite hind-sight this after-math now. I admit I'm not the biggest Mewtwo fan, but I wanted to be that 'decent mewtwo fan' everyone hopefully looked at my posts & thought of me as. It was a decent pleasure to discuss, debate, even argue at times with, including every single user here. Until DLC is ready, Mewtow's Unconfirmed Thread or the DLC thread will remain Idle. So passionate Mewtwo Fans, I'll leave off with a decent phrase-of-farewell:

~Thanks for Staying~​
Don't give up yet, not until we get proof like King K Rool did.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Don't give up yet, not until we get proof like King K Rool did.
Already gave up this 3DS battle. To me Mewtwo lost this consoles' struggle. I however have not given up on the WiiU, Mewtwo hasn't lost the war, so-to-speak. But honestly I'm done, for now. I'll come back to support another day, maybe around October - November when WiiU starts getting news & hype for any news progressing towards DLC as a plan for the future.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Already gave up this 3DS battle. To me Mewtwo lost this consoles' struggle. I however have not given up on the WiiU, Mewtwo hasn't lost the war, so-to-speak. But honestly I'm done, for now. I'll come back to support another day, maybe around October - November when WiiU starts getting news & hype for any news progressing towards DLC as a plan for the future.
They did say that both 3DS and Wii U have all the same characters, so I doubt Wii U will have more characters than 3DS.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
They did say that both 3DS and Wii U have all the same characters, so I doubt Wii U will have more characters than 3DS.
Then speaking hypothetical, no Mewtwo or any character at all in WiiU via DLC, I'll be enjoying the bonus content & hopefully the more difficult leveled game-play the WiiU offers. Project M will also be my fancy too. Though Dragon's Crown is currently the game I'm playing over Project M, so. Here's to being confident DLC will be available via costumes, palettes, custom move-sets, characters, etc.

EDIT: Very tired, I'll be living in the Dream World. Good Mornight Mewtwo Thread.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Stopping by again.

~Thanks for Staying~​
Im going to miss you its been eggcellent debating with you

ZombieVito

Smash Journeyman
That still wouldn't change if the 3DS gets the new characters by DLC.

I have a feeling some fighters were just not done in time and are still being worked on for both games. Once the Wiii U version releases, the extra fighters will be given as free DLC for the 3DS version.

Well, that's what I'm hoping.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Ice Climbers are down. They have also been demoted to a trophy.

Things sure are looking worrisome.

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
Anyways, before the presumed archival of this thread, I'd just like to say that provided he's not downloadable content or a "3DS to Wii U connectivity unlock" character, I'll continue to support Mewtwo's inclusion. It was bad enough getting demoted to a mere trophy in Super Smash Bros. Brawl - if he's not playable, he should at least be a Poke Ball/Master Ball Pokemon. Even the recent "Genesect" movie and two Mega Evolutions weren't enough to make him "priority". As much as I love the concept and "WTF-ness" of Wii Fit Trainer, I would probably trade her/him/them for Mewtwo's return (and it would possibly take less time, since Mewtwo already has a devised movset). Ideally, I would love to keep Wii Fit Trainer in and use all the resources that were geared towards Lucina, Dr. Mario, and Dark Pit, delaying the game by whatever amount is needed to restore Mewtwo to proper playable status. He should be playable on disk, not shafted to downloadable content.

And as "beloved" as the veteran Jigglypuff is, it just baffles me that she has been playable throughout the entirety of the Super Smash Bros. series to date while Mewtwo (who is practically synonymous with "power" in Pokemon) is relegated to just 1 game. I mean, Jigglypuff isn't even that relevant in the Pokemon anime anymore, let alone most of the core series Pokemon games! I mean, I guess good job for Jigglypuff providing a unique "easy to make" moveset, but sheesh.. I really wish Mewtwo and Jigglypuff had switched places during Super Smash Bros. 64's development (with Mewtwo being playable since SSB64, and Jigglypuff just being limited to Melee); he makes way more sense as a "Nintendo All-Star"/series veteran then Jigglypuff does. Honestly, how does a questionable-of-strength pink jiggling puff (albeit cute) outclass a powerful, menacing, psychic feral cat clone in this day and age?

In your second paragraph:

That's totally understandable, and makes sense why you'd want Mewtwo and Jigglypuff to switch roles. However: As far as Smash goes, due to this (which frustrates many), Jigglypuff is more than likely forever going to be more relevant in Smash than Mewtwo. While Mewtwo is overall more relevant, relevancy never played a factor in Smash, otherwise: Duck Hunt, Pit and a few more wouldn't have made it in when they did.

On your last point: I guess some people just get sick and tired of the "epic," powerful, menacing psychic cat clone and prefer cute ones. I know you don't mean to say that people can't like the Puff more (though the way you phrased your sentence implied you did), but like I said, It's all on preference.

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
I don't know if this is the case, but it's the only realistic conclusion I can make of the situation, and I'm sure others have thought the same as well.

When you really think about it, the 3DS coming out before the Wii-U will just kill all hype by the time the Wii-U version is released. The apparent 'full roster' has been revealed, and there is not really going to be anything exciting to look forward to for the Wii-U release. So Sakurai must have some sort of strategy in mind to generate the hype again. Logically, the way to do that would be either:

- Revealing there will be DLC
- Confirming that there will be more characters to unlock once the Wii-U version comes out/3DS and Wii-U are linked

If he doesn't even consider any of these two options, the man's an idiot. I'd like to think he isn't.

I'm still holding on because we know that despite the full roster is revealed there are still empty spaces, and the fact the game is pretty big in size. And, of course, no Mewtwo trophy found yet.

Considering Mewtwo for 64 and having a partially complete model in Brawl is more than enough reason for Sakurai to bring Mewtwo back into Smash 4. He has no excuse this time. And I'm sure he's well aware of Project M and Mewtwo being bought back into the game by FANS.

If Sakurai has a reason why he wouldn't bring Mewtwo back this time around, it needs to be a justifiable one and he needs to answer up for it and put us to rest (provided we don't see anything/hear anything of Mewtwo in the next few months).

I'm still taking no word as a good sign. Let's hope it holds out.

I won't give up till the very end.

Finally, some slightly good news for us:

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2g9mzm/a_note_to_those_saying_that_trophies_deconfirm/

Last edited:
3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
Well now we only have one chance and that is DLC. Which I think is coming around with the Wii U release.

Speaking of which did Nintendo still not give a specific date for the Wii U release?

Gnight

Smash Journeyman
Why the hell did Kirby return for Brawl?
Kirby was good... once upon a time

Why the hell is Ganondorf back from Brawl in SSB4?
Ganondorf was mediocre in melee

This. Smash Bros is not a damn tier list competition, if a certain character sucked in the previous game you rework and IMPROVE that character.
Look at Captain Falcon, he was garbage in Brawl but is looking great in Smash 4. The same could have happened for Mewtwo.
So, what if they fixed him?
Like they did with most other characters this time around?
What if they fixed him?

I don't believe they would "fix" him because him sucking wasn't a accident like Brawl MetaKnight being so good.. Imagine DK being weak and light.... it's kinda like that.

Outlawstarx

Smash Cadet
I don't have time to read through 300+ pages right now but I really need to get this off my chest:

I like Mewtwo, but I rather not see him in smash brothers anymore. Here's why,

Mewtwo SUCKED in melee, bottom tier, and I'm convinced it was no accident though the normal dynamics of fighting games! Mewtwo was weak, slow, and light, a polar opposite of what he is. He is a strong, fast, and heavy pokemon and I don't understand how all 3 attributes can be turned around and not be intentional. Project M did Mewtwo some justice but I have no reason to expect the same from the officials.

Bottom line: I rather not see Mewtwo in smash at all than watch him fight like he has cancer.
True, Mewtwo was not the best character in melee or 100% true to his actual abilities in pokemon, however that what makes the game fun. It really comes down to your abilities/skill as a player that determines how good the character is. I take it that you main ness...he sucks honestly. However he's been my main since 64 and im not trying to brag but im extremely good with him. I'd rather see mewtwo back in and low tier than to not have him at all.

Gnight

Smash Journeyman
It really comes down to your abilities/skill as a player that determines how good the character is.
Is that why Mew2King wins melee tournaments with top tier characters?

I take it that you main ness...he sucks honestly. However he's been my main since 64 and im not trying to brag but im extremely good with him.
He's not THAT bad.

Gustoic

Smash Rookie
I wouldn't write it off yet, I remember all the characters in melee having multiple trophies - their classic/allstar ones and then ones that were unlocked from other methods (Even ones that didn't involve using the character in question).

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
I wouldn't write it off yet, I remember all the characters in melee having multiple trophies - their classic/allstar ones and then ones that were unlocked from other methods (Even ones that didn't involve using the character in question).
I'm pretty sure every character in Melee had 3 trophies. One for each different single player game mode completion.

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
...welp

til next time i guess

game is still hella fun anyways (from just playing the demo) so let's enjoy what we have.

Last edited:

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
Sigh... Reduced to trophy state... See you guys in 6 years to hopefully not be let down again. The dlc dream is dead.
Now hold on. I wouldn't quite call the "DLC dream" dead. I would, however. Call the "Wii U + 3DS connection character" dead. If that idea is even going to exist.

Last edited:

Chrollo.

fka president wario
For anybody who cares, Chorus Men have been deconfirmed too.
Ridley and Lucas are the only ones left.

micstar615

Smash Ace
This is heart breaking :( there's a lot more I want to say but I'll refrain from it. Mewtwo really should've been in, he had everything going for him. There's DLC but it all just feels like wishful thinking. I'm tired of wishful thinking. Very happy with the roster but will always be slightly disappointed that the original uber won't be in.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
For anybody who cares, Chorus Men have been deconfirmed too.
Ridley and Lucas are the only ones left.
Reallly sucks that we may not get a Rhythm Heaven rep this time around. Shame because the games are so great and deserves more recognition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom