• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
Well, we had a good run. Even though it was unintentional, the combined events from last night killed any hype for the game for me. I'll still get it. I'll even very soon likely get over the salt I'm feeling. But right now I could care less if the game was delayed till 2017.

@Zipzo Forgiven, but please don't jump the gun ever again. You single-handedly raised and killed all of my hype for this game in less than 5 hours. I'm sure there might be others feeling the same, out spoken or otherwise.

willy410

Smash Rookie
Its a shame mewtwo is not in the game, he was the only character I desperately wanted in the game, although I love lucario I would have preferred mew two and both of them have mega evolutions. But all in all I am happy with the roster, Duck hunt dog and Robin are amazing additions, even if mario might be a little over represented.
But oh well, its been a good run
Mewtwo for DLC!!!

gamer8

Smash Lord
Ok I have a lot to explain with very little to explain about the whole situation. I'll be straight to the point.

I had a source that I had every right to believe was reliable (and although I'm pissed right now I won't do him the immature favor of **** shaming him).

I took a huge risk and went live with info that he passed me about Mewtwo being in. I wanted Mewtwo in as much as you guys, I said in several circumstances that I wanted him in really badly like on JapanTime. This person was in a position to truly have the knowledge to know if he was in, and I should have done more background checking on the information before I went live with it.

Obviously it wasn't true at this point and I am as pissed as you guys are about it because I was hyped too after I received the tip-off.

However, it's a game guys, and even though I am really soiled over what happened myself I'm hoping you'll forgive the false hype I caused. At the end of the day I let me hope and hype push me to trust someone I shouldn't have but felt I had every reason to.

I truly do apologize. The whole reason I went silent after the tweet was because it's Japan and it was at night during the whole thing. Could not monitor the entire info dump during the stream as I was with my wife and eventually, sleeping. I could only check every now and then on iPhone, but I didn't know anything more than that tip off and the credibility of the source who told me.

I'm sorry. This has been a huge lesson on the implications of my words, and I will exercise 100% caution in the future in order to regain your trust.
It's alright, sorry for any harsh things I might have said about you after finding out Mewtwo wasn't it. It just hurts to think we'll never get this great character in Smash again, and the whole going quiet thing is what made things seem so bad. I'm through the anger stage now though, now I'm just depressed about it. But life goes on, I'll still get the game and enjoy it and love it, but I'll always wonder what could have been.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Wow. So this is pretty much what I expected.

I find it infinitely suspicious we haven't seen a Mewtwo trophy yet. It could be that Zipzo's source among many others was also not lying.

If we see a trophy for him, or Dixie, Ridley or Chorus Kids, quote me and let me know, but something seems up. Maybe, maybe not, but I find Mewtwo (and the others) trophies missing surprising when we have some incredibly obscure trophies in there.

Are you telling me we got Tiki and Tharja and TWO KRYSTALS, but not Mewtwo, who's trophy would be an easy rip from Brawl?

East vs. west theory, transfer theory, whatever the hell. I'll catch you guys when some real **** happens. And I'm pretty sure it will.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Apologies accepted, Zipzo. It really seemed weird when you made that tweet. Just be careful from now on!

ITS NOT OVER IDIOT WHERE IS THE FREEAKING EVIDENCE STOP BEING BEING DOPY AND MAKING THIS THREAD BAD FOR EVERYONE JUST WAITTTTT!!!!
This is what I mean about people needing to calm down. Especially you.

TTYK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EJ_Locke
Man I kind of feel bad for trolling this community... I'm sorry guys, but all that matters is that we have smash 3ds. Maybe DLC? Probably not... Sorry again.

MathewRYF

Smash Cadet
NNID
MathewRYF
Here's an idea guys; instead of moping about and threatening to kill each other and Sakurai, why don't we do something more productive? After the Treehouse streams the game tomorrow, we need to come up with a REASONABLE way to convince "The Big N" and--more importantly--Sakurai why it would be worth developing DLC for Smash. Heck, if DLC isn't announced between now and the US release, why don't we just ask (politely, I might add) why it wouldn't have been considered up to that point? We need to keep level heads, otherwise Sakurai might turn away from even considering DLC.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Here's an idea guys; instead of moping about and threatening to kill each other and Sakurai, why don't we do something more productive? After the Treehouse streams the game tomorrow, we need to come up with a REASONABLE way to convince "The Big N" and--more importantly--Sakurai why it would be worth developing DLC for Smash. Heck, if DLC isn't announced between now and the US release, why don't we just ask (politely, I might add) why it wouldn't have been considered up to that point? We need to keep level heads, otherwise Sakurai might turn away from even considering DLC.
Your approach and thinking is on the right track, but how do you propose this is done? There is no channel for the average person to cumminicate their wishes to Nintendo for things like this besides just calling Nintendo of America constantly. Is that what you want? A call campaign? It could work, but remember, Nintendo of America does not produce much - or any - of the digital content. If Nintendo of Japan is not interested, there is not much hope. But... like you said, no matter what, conducting ourselves in a CIVILIZED MANNER is the utmost important thing.

I mean, if not a call-in campaign, what else is there? Spamming the twitch comments? Pffft.

Naoshi

They aren't going to listen....
Yeah, it's simply not going to happen like that. So no point to bother Nintendo Treehouse about this. Sakurai and co has probably already decided for DLC characters (if there's any). Sakurai is likely aware about Mewtwo anyways.

Last edited:

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Can't believe I'm waiting for the PMBR to crack into SSB4 already...Unless Sakurai decides to put him in as DLC, which he might not due to being a troll...

Last edited:

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
You guy need to stop jumping to conclusions.

Mewtwo is not in right now. However, prior to today just about everyone thought he would be in, right? And Sakurai and Neo-Zero both made it sound like there were more characters. How could you bring Dr mario back and not Mewtwo? Its pretty obvious to me that they are waiting to release him with the Wii U version. I think Sakurai is just trolling us in order to create as much hype as possible for the Wii U version. Smash Bros is pretty much the last chance the Wii U has in terms of being successful. And what better way to hype the Wii U and Smash right before Christmas than by announcing Mewtwo or King K Rool or Ridley.

Just think of how many more would sell if they announce those characters a week before Smash comes out rather than having the same characters we have had for months.
I can honestly say I thought they would do this all along and and I read something today that was exactly this theory by from someone who was apparently a "trusted" source

And Nintendo said the games would have the same rosters, but they didnt say the 3DS one couldnt be updated to match the Wii U's

Not trying to create any false hope, but People need to stop saying he is "Deconfirmed"

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Your approach and thinking is on the right track, but how do you propose this is done? There is no channel for the average person to cumminicate their wishes to Nintendo for things like this besides just calling Nintendo of America constantly. Is that what you want? A call campaign? It could work, but remember, Nintendo of America does not produce much - or any - of the digital content. If Nintendo of Japan is not interested, there is not much hope. But... like you said, no matter what, conducting ourselves in a CIVILIZED MANNER is the utmost important thing.

I mean, if not a call-in campaign, what else is there? Spamming the twitch comments? Pffft.
I agree with you both, through petitions, emails, videos, and social media posts that are directly sent to Nintendo, sakurai and namco bandai we can possibly make a change and we aren't civil or rational nobody will listen.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Are you kidding me? This hurts worse than Brawl did. Mewtwo was at the top of his game this generation. He had everything going for him.
Yeah. Exactly. There was nothing going for Mewtwo at all when Brawl came out. This time there was such support from Game Freak and Nintendo for Mewtwo, that his exclusion this time pretty much means that Game Freak is no longer interested in promoting Mewtwo at all; at least for the near future.

Lucario is Game Freak's "new" Mewtwo. He's the one they want. And as pissed as I am over that, I can hardly blame them. Lucario is a very likeable Pokemon. It's about as "Mary Sue" as a Pokemon has ever been. All they do is gush over it, include it in everything, and invent unique powers for it to use. Thay even took the Mewtwo "psychic spoon" thing from the manga and gave Lucario a... "psychic bone" to whack people with, on top of his mind reading, sight-beyond-sight, and aura "Goku" attacks.

I like Lucario, mind you, but it's clear to me now that GF has chosen Lucario as their "cool" mascot over Mewtwo.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Yeah. Exactly. There was nothing going for Mewtwo at all when Brawl came out. This time there was such support from Game Freak and Nintendo for Mewtwo, that his exclusion this time pretty much means that Game Freak is no longer interested in promoting Mewtwo at all; at least for the near future.

Lucario is Game Freak's "new" Mewtwo. He's the one they want. And as pissed as I am over that, I can hardly blame them. Lucario is a very likeable Pokemon. It's about as "Mary Sue" as a Pokemon has ever been. All they do is gush over it, include it in everything, and invent unique powers for it to use. Thay even took the Mewtwo "psychic spoon" thing from the manga and gave Lucario a... "psychic bone" to whack people with, on top of his mind reading, sight-beyond-sight, and aura "Goku" attacks.

I like Lucario, mind you, but it's clear to me now that GF has chosen Lucario as their "cool" mascot over Mewtwo.
Even though Mewtwo dominates him in the games...

were is mew2?
Said every Smash fan in existance.

Last edited:

Naoshi

Mewtwo's data remains will actually give me a bit of hope for DLC. Along with other cut characters.

And Nintendo said the games would have the same rosters, but they didnt say the 3DS one couldnt be updated to match the Wii U's

Not trying to create any false hope, but People need to stop saying he is "Deconfirmed"
I actually agree with this. This is what I've been wanting to say. I feel that the lack of new character announcements leading up to the Wii U version's release would make the hype feel very underwelming and likely lacking much hype. As we know, characters are the driving force of Smash Bros hype. No way would they let the hype be that weak.

Not saying it will happen 100% but it's something I can see happening. I guess we'll wait and see! (I expect 4 or 5 additional characters at most)

Last edited:

micstar615

Smash Ace

Mewtwo will always be more iconic and popular though ^.^

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
*cough*Project M*cough*
Mewtwo is already in PM. If you want to play PM, Mewtwo is there.

The last thing I want is for people to sink resources into ruining the 3DS like they did with the Wii. Piracy on the Wii killed tons of sales on lesser games. Piracy goes hand-in-hand with homebrew. It can't be avoided.

Nintendo has allowed PM to exist. Be content with that. Go around trying to blow the 3DS wide open... I've already seen threads on people doing this. It's just not moral.

Mewtwo will always be more iconic and popular though ^.^
For us old guys, maybe. I'm 29. Hardly the target audience for Pokemon anymore.

The kids coming up behind us are likely to latch onto Lucario like we latched onto Mewtwo. Or, at least, that is what GF wants to happen.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Mewtwo is already in PM. If you want to play PM, Mewtwo is there.

The last thing I want is for people to sink resources into ruining the 3DS like they did with the Wii. Piracy on the Wii killed tons of sales on lesser games. Piracy goes hand-in-hand with homebrew. It can't be avoided.

Nintendo has allowed PM to exist. Be content with that. Go around trying to blow the 3DS wide open... I've already seen threads on people doing this. It's just not moral.
Not adding Mewtwo will make some people prefer Project M over Smash4. They are loosing sales for his exclusion.
For what its worth, I hope they learn from their mistakes. AND JUST ADD HIM ALREADY!!
God.

Last edited:

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
*cough*Project M*cough*

Stop, please. We get what you're insinuating. But do you realize how much time and coding it will take to crack before they could competently create characters in the new Smash 4 engine? Sources say Project M started it's work back in 2010. We only just got Mewtwo and Roy in 2013. And even then if the hack isn't as generally loved at Project M was, all we're left with is a casual mod that will fade in and out of history much like Brawl +. Please, unless we get some hard hinting from Sakurai or an actual confirmation of his DLC, please just let this die gracefully. You're only hurting others going this route.

JLU51306

Smash Apprentice
As a person who really wanted Mewtwo, and followed every ounce of news, rumors, hype, ect. this is somewhat of a disappointment. I'm admittedly obsessive, very susceptible to hysteria and [false] hope to a point that probably isn't normal, but taking a step back really puts things in perspective.
While I really feel for those who lost Lucas, Snake, and Ice Climbers, I definitely have to appreciate the 48 character roster we recieved! I mean seriously, 48! That's an incredible thing.
Sure, we gained Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, and Lucina. Characters a lot of people may not care about, or even hate out of spite, but I am 100% certain that these characters did not take anyone's slot. They were made last minute, and took little effort. Besides, I actually like Dr. Mario (strange, I know).

This game is amazing and everything I wanted, fundamentally. I am perplexed that Nintendo didn't release the Wii U version first, but that's another matter. I'm going to move on, and enjoy this game with a new respect for the sheer effort put into it, and play the **** out of it like I did since the 64! I look forward to Smashing!

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I think that Magnes had the right idea, but trying to get 8 characters back is going to get us nowhere, they need to be narrowed down if we want ANY results.

Snake has licensing issues.

Almost every Pokemon fan would be content with Mewtwo, so I think dropping Squirtle and Ivysaur for the bigger picture is fine.

IC were dropped due to limitations (I main them in Brawl so it's hard of me to let them go :(), asking for them back isn't a good idea. They were definitely worked on so I am 100% sure if there is DLC and their limitations are fixed, they'll be DLC anyways.

We already have 4 FE characters and a Marth clone. Also Marth already had Roy colors and Lucina has a mechanic which resembles Roy's playstyle (althought not exactly). I don't think Roy has much chance counting all of this.

As such I think we should limit the petitions to ONLY Mewtwo, Wolf and Lucas. That's realistically what we can get. If we ask for more we are just hindering our own efforts. Asking for 3 characters is asking for a realistic "DLC pack". Also narrowing it down to which 3 exactly we want makes it look organized and that we have a clear idea of what is desired. Asking for 8 is way too much, and gives the idea that the community is divided on what they want and that nothing will please us. As such I say we organize ourselves and petition for a "3 character DLC pack" containing these 3 characters.

@ MagnesD3 MagnesD3 I think you should organize a petition where we can get signatures on with only these 3 characters honestly.

Last edited:

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Not adding Mewtwo will make some people prefer Project M over Smash4. They are loosing sales for his exclusion.
For what its worth, I hope they learn from their mistakes. AND JUST ADD HIM ALREADY!!
God.

Oh come on! this is seriously getting over the top.

just cause a few vocal fans online are upset doesn't mean the casual fans won't still buy the game. thats where the majority of the sales come in. The fact that Megaman is in the game is more than enough for the public to not care if Mewtwo is in.

Artero

Smash Enthousiast
NNID
Artero
Wow, really makes me sad to come back here and find out Mewtwo isn't in. While I'm happy with the current roster, I'm just shocked none of the 'Big 5' made it in.

So what happened to Ridley? Is he a stage boss? Seeing as Sakurai specifically teased Ridley with his shadow (dunno which video that was), IMO it would be a real **** move to not include him in any way what-so-ever.

Bear in mind, I don't care about Ridley, but I do care for not being trolled by a professional developer. :p

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Insane people can argue reasons against Ridley and K. Rool. Sakurai's a horrible moveset designer and can't make Ridley work, or the misconception of K. Rool's irrelevance to his franchise.

Mewtwo had absolutely nothing going against him. He showed up in gen 6 with new crap to make him relevant and everything. A character from Melee cut for Brawl even DID make it into this game in the form of Dr. Mario.

This is unforgivable and inexcusable. If you must buy the game, buy used, and wait for Wii U. While the Greninja trailer where Mewtwo was blatantly teased and Ridley’s shadow are some of the biggest insults I can ever imagine when they weren’t teases, Dr. Mario is the final straw.

Sakurai absolutely despises Mewtwo and Ridley to have mocked them so blatantly. More likely than not, he hates us for liking them. Please play Greninja, Sakurai’s literal Pokemon OC he helped design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom