• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
I don't really like of Mewtwo Y or X. Actually let me rephrase that. I don't like Mega evos in general.
So then, when they're creating Mega Evolutions of the starters, what is your take on the idea of Mega Feraligatr?
I'm pretty sure that most games, including Smash, have a volume for VFX as well. I would be more surprised to see it excluded.
IIRC, taking SFX off, you still hear the character's voicing. And I'm with @MorbidAltruism on this, if it were to be Femtwo, I'd learn to tolerate it, even borderline-enjoy it, if it is to come to that. I normally don't take voicing off that's do-able in a Smash game simply because I sympathize with voice acting & the effort it takes for the people who create them. Unless it's reaaaaaaaaaaally bad, I think it's decent.
Even though I like X more, Y definitely could use some representation, so I agree with the Y exclusive, especially since it was featured in the film. Although, I want the 1st Movie Mewtwo with it >.<
If you like X more, that's never represented as much as Y has, I'd think you'd want to say "X could use some representation".:smirk:

This needs to happen
My arceus, if this happens, I'll be sending Sakurai multiple copied typed letters asking to change Sonic's Final Smash to Hyper Sonic. No questions asked. But I agree, this would be a speggtacular opportunity! I'm for it.:shades:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
So then, when they're creating Mega Evolutions of the starters, what is your take on the idea of Mega Feraligatr?
I'd rather he finally get his hidden ability released. Sheer Force+Life Orb will probably make him stronger (in terms of offense at least) than any Mega form. With that said though, despite my dislike of Megas, I'm not entirely opposed to the idea. A Mega Feraligatr would be something I could get behind, provided they don't lower any non Sp. Attk stat or give him a worse/useless ability. Also his design. I don't need my favorite starter getting the Charizard X treatment.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
IIRC, taking SFX off, you still hear the character's voicing. And I'm with @MorbidAltruism on this, if it were to be Femtwo, I'd learn to tolerate it, even borderline-enjoy it, if it is to come to that. I normally don't take voicing off that's do-able in a Smash game simply because I sympathize with voice acting & the effort it takes for the people who create them. Unless it's reaaaaaaaaaaally bad, I think it's decent.
To be fair, I said VFX. Most games have sliders for voices as well.

And I otherwise agree with this post entirely.

I'd rather he finally get his hidden ability released.
Mega Feraligatr with boosted Attack and Sheer Force must be a part of your dream, then.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Mega Feraligatr with boosted Attack and Sheer Force must be a part of your dream, then.
Problem there is that he can't hold the Life Orb along with the Mega Stone. It's similar to Blaziken, where M-Blaziken is weaker than regular Blaziken with a Life Orb. It all depends on how much the hypothetical attack increase is.

I think Mewtwo is the only one of the big 3 thats going to make it. Are yall ready to be the source of all the hatered coming from the Ridley and K Rool fanbase??
Heyheyhey. I want K. Rool more than Mewtwo (heresy, I know), but what reason do I have to take it out on all of you?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I think Mewtwo is the only one of the big 3 thats going to make it. Are yall ready to be the source of all the hatered coming from the Ridley and K Rool fanbase??
So be it. Their opinions are worth as much as ours on the internet.

Nothing.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
Hmm guess I was wrong thought we would find out if Mewtwo was in tonight.
I'm pretty sure if Mewtwo gets revealed, it will be in somewhat of a special way (if at all, actually! Maybe we'll have to figure it out as a complete secret). Sakurai is very likely aware of the fanbase for Mewtwo (as well as some other characters, but I'm gonna stay relevant here). We've been deliberately trolled once by the Greninja trailer; I wouldn't hold it past the dev team to keep us in the dark for as long as possible, just to make the wait all the more brutal. Better yet, I wouldn't hold it past Sakurai to withhold Mewtwo's existence from some of the dev team.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
To be fair, I said VFX. Most games have sliders for voices as well.

And I otherwise agree with this post entirely.
:facepalm:*facepalming myself*
Jeez, I forgot to mention in my reply toward the specific topic about VFX. I was supposed to mention that IIRC, there's never been a VFX option, thus there's a mute button on your remote.:p

Sorry but thank you.:snake:

We need a MegaMewtwoZ. Who's ready for a Mega Evolution that outdoes both X & Y?:smirk:
I'd rather he finally get his hidden ability released. Sheer Force+Life Orb will probably make him stronger (in terms of offense at least) than any Mega form. With that said though, despite my dislike of Megas, I'm not entirely opposed to the idea. A Mega Feraligatr would be something I could get behind, provided they don't lower any non Sp. Attk stat or give him a worse/useless ability. Also his design. I don't need my favorite starter getting the Charizard X treatment.
I don't have a decent reply to your text, but brace for this source.

Last edited:

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
Damn, i checked like every 10 min today waiting for the leak. What a waste. Hopefully, we will get the roster tomorrow.

I need you Mewtwo.

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
Maybe the rest of the characters will be unobtainable until the Wii U version comes out and that is why no one has leaked it yet.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Well, I've wanted Mewtwo back ever since Smash 4 was announced. I certainly want Ridley as well, but if that doesn't happen I won't be angry. More disappointed than anything, but hey, at least I got Mewtwo!

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Meh, I don't think it's just a coincidence that all 3 most wanted characters Ridley, Mewtwo and Chrom were shown as skins. Each of them ending up as the last skin in the palette swap.

Perhaps it is a hint towards all 3 being revealed last?
what no

this is seriously stretching it guys

they are no hints about mewtwo's inclusions... come on. the alts has nothing to do with this.

i apologize for sounding rude but... let's not drive ourselves to the point we delude ourselves. i still think mewtwo has a good chance of getting in, but let's not start over analyzing things now.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
i apologize for sounding rude but... let's not drive ourselves to the point we delude ourselves. i still think mewtwo has a good chance of getting in, but let's not start over analyzing things now.
Speculation is all about delusion, man.

Someone's getting their thoughts rewired with the alts, that's for sure.

Last edited:

Gimj

Smash Journeyman
That would make sense if the image was bloody Mewtwo instead of Greninja.

Heartwarming.

Rainbow Mewtwo? All for it. :seuss:

Leakers can't be trusted anymore since they'll do anything to gain attention. Only if it comes from the game itself with evidence and footage. A code is something very easy to falsify without context.

Because denial.

2 days and no confirmation would make any person desperate. Look at @ ミスティック Speed ミスティック Speed , he's practically whiffing speed all the time out of paranoia.

Thursday seems like an odd choice for a reveal date.

Trolling seems the more acceptable reason.

Maybe the ESRB didn't catch everything in the leaks. And since Neo Zero is quite trustworthy, I'm taking his metaphorical side in this debate.

Well as long as the leaker(Neo Zero = leaker?) said there were more characters(and has not redacted the statement) that's good enough for me. By good enough, I mean a solid counterbalance to the possibility that the CSS leak is the final roster. Still going to expect the leaked CSS to be the final roster. Already got hyped for Bowser Jr and was met with a playable Clown Car that Koopalings can just hop in. Won't do it again.

As of now until release, Mewtwo is deconfirmed to me.

Sonicb00m111

Smash Rookie

Someone is playing through the game. Any moment now...
Why would this guy cover up the top screen? That seems a little strange to me...

EDIT

PFFT, this is total BS. He's covering it because he's photoshopping the demo. You're right, that's clearly the same darkening effect as we've seen.

Last edited:

Mewter

Smash Master
Why are the other characters on the top screen darkened like in the demo?
Maybe it's because all the fighters have been chosen and it's waiting for the payer to press Start?
Has anyone else seen if the game actually does this or not?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
This is it.

Any time now.

I can't take it anymore.

Just confirm or deconfirm Mewtwo already, Japan.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Well as long as the leaker(Neo Zero = leaker?) said there were more characters(and has not redacted the statement) that's good enough for me. By good enough, I mean a solid counterbalance to the possibility that the CSS leak is the final roster. Still going to expect the leaked CSS to be the final roster. Already got hyped for Bowser Jr and was met with a playable Clown Car that Koopalings can just hop in. Won't do it again.

As of now until release, Mewtwo is deconfirmed to me.

Unconfirmed=\=Deconfirmed.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Speculation is all about delusion, man.

Someone's getting their thoughts rewired with the alts, that's for sure.
Well I mean, the further you delude yourself, the harder the disappointment will be if he actually doesn't make the cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom