• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
What edit?
He added that Shulk's banner is removed from the official site. It could possibly mean Sakurai intends on adding new banners, though I somewhat doubt this is the case..
Particularly because he's only been giving us menus for two weeks straight and he even went out of his way to enlighten us that only Japan gets a demo at the time.

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
He added that Shulk's banner is removed from the official site. It could possibly mean Sakurai intends on adding new banners, though I somewhat doubt this is the case..
Particularly because he's only been giving us menus for two weeks straight and he even went out of his way to enlighten that only Japan gets a demo at the time.
Yeah, I don't think it means anything.

The presumed starting roster at the end of those scans worry me. Jr, Dr. Mario, Wario, Ganondorf, Dark Pit (Vomit), Falco, Ness, Jigglypuff, and the Duck Hunt Dog seem like a fair amount of secret characters. I'm thinking that the leaked CSS may be all we're getting, even moreso than I already did.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Yeah, I don't think it means anything.

The presumed starting roster at the end of those scans worry me. Jr, Dr. Mario, Wario, Ganondorf, Dark Pit (Vomit), Falco, Ness, Jigglypuff, and the Duck Hunt Dog seem like a fair amount of secret characters. I'm thinking that the leaked CSS may be all we're getting, even moreso than I already did.
Neo Zero admitted otherwise, and he's a trustworthy cause.
Also- it's easy to note that Brawl had 14 unlockable characters while Smash4 would only have 13 if that's all there is. Smash has always had more unlockables then it's previous titles.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Neo Zero admitted otherwise, and he's a trustworthy cause.
Also- it's easy to note that Brawl had 14 unlockable characters while Smash4 would only have 13 if that's all there is. Smash has always had more unlockables then it's previous titles.
Oh yeah, forgot about the Neo Zero thing. I just hope there are five more as people have hypothesized, and not just two+Mii Fighters.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Oh yeah, forgot about the Neo Zero thing. I just hope there are five more as people have hypothesized, and not just two+Mii Fighters.
Mii Fighters are also confirmed to be on a different page then the CSS. This was shown by the leaker himself.
We will have 5 or more characters, guaranteed.
Mewtwo is bound to be one of them....I mean, come on now.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Mii Fighters are also confirmed to be on a different page then the CSS. This was shown by the leaker himself.
Great. That's some much needed good news.

Of all the characters I currently want, Mewtwo definitely has the best chance. However, I'm not going to celebrate until I see him on the screen, in HD (on the Wii U version at least) glory.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Great. That's some much needed good news.

Of all the characters I currently want, Mewtwo definitely has the best chance. However, I'm not going to celebrate until I see him on the screen, in HD (on the Wii U version at least) glory.
xD Haha, of course. Although I did celebrate once I was certain there was more to come.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
It'd be crazy if we got both Mantwo and Femtwo (minor visual differences and voices). Maybe one could have 4 alt costumes and the other have 4 alts, maybe even having different Final Smashes (Fem = Mega Y, Man = Mega X)

Although, if modding P:M/Brawl has taught me anything, is that that really likely won't be possible (at least in terms of FS's changing with the costume, unless the final smash is a different model like Giga Bowser)

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
I see no alts that look anything like Mewtwo from either of the pokemon...so ya~

Also, that Dark Pit Alt for pit yo

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
Guys I think I have proof he's in

this is the 4th Super Smash Bros that Mario has been included in. That can only mean one thing,Mewtwo is in the game.

It was Sakurai's hidden message!!!

But honestly, some of you have to stop trying to find "evidence" when there isn't any.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
In all the commerecials... it advertises the game as having over 40 characters. With the leaked roster, there's already 49.... Mewtwo deconfirmed. :crying::cry:

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
In all the commerecials... it advertises the game as having over 40 characters. With the leaked roster, there's already 49.... Mewtwo deconfirmed. :crying::cry:
Says over 40. That could mean 200 for all we know.

Seriously, your pessimism is putting mine to shame. And that is one hell of an accomplishment.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Are you kidding me?
You just ignored everything I went over on this page. Get out.

50 is over 40. I suck at math, and even I know that.
^ Thank you.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
But didn't famitsu show they were on the CSS?

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I swear they showed mii fighters by PAC man or something. I'd love to be wrong on this.
They never showed the CSS.

They kinda did.

Though it's worth noting we haven't seen them on any select screen in the actual game.
That's just a page in the book that was made to show all the characters. It's not an actual screeshot of the game's css.

Last edited:

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
As Speed already quoted someone else earlier, 50 is still over 40; the phrase does not mean that there will be less than 50. Would they really advertise close to the maximum amount of characters, especially the secret ones? Gives us less to look forward to. That pessimism level is really over 9000; don't give up so easily ._.

To help you out, I'm going to restate some pointers to boost your optimism.

-Mewtwo is literally the most popular character wanted by fans (LOOK AT THIS THREAD SIZE HOLY CRAP ) There is a ton of speculation and want for this one character. Like, holy crap.
-Pokemon chances are increased by popularity and relevance. Mewtwo has both of these qualities. (Mega Evolutions, 16th Movie, most powerful legendary, one of the best known Pokemon, ever.)
-Pokemon had 6 slots last Smash, and there were 5 slots confimed as of the leak (Jiggy being 5th), and Neo Zero confirmed there to be 5 more character slots after the ones we already figured out about early. Tell me who are better characters (especially from Pokemon) to take up these slots instead of Mewtwo getting one of these.
-Give me a counterargument and I'll do my best to shut it down to increase everyone's optimism.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465

As Speed already quoted someone else earlier, 50 is still over 40; the phrase does not mean that there will be less than 50. Would they really advertise close to the maximum amount of characters, especially the secret ones? Gives us less to look forward to. That pessimism level is really over 9000; don't give up so easily ._.

-Mewtwo is literally the most popular character wanted by fans (LOOK AT THIS THREAD SIZE HOLY CRAP ) There is a ton of speculation and want for this one character. Like, holy crap.
-Pokemon chances are increased by popularity and relevance. Mewtwo has both of these qualities. (Mega Evolutions, 16th Movie, most powerful legendary, one of the best known Pokemon, ever.)
-Pokemon had 6 slots last Smash, and there were 5 slots confimed as of the leak (Jiggy being 5th), and Neo Zero confirmed there to be 5 more character slots after the ones we already figured out about early. Tell me who are better characters (especially from Pokemon) to take up these slots instead of Mewtwo getting one of these.
-Give me a counterargument and I'll do my best to shut it down to increase everyone's optimism.

So proud.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
I said:
As for my personal speculations: While the padlock situation has given me hope, it remains a possibility that the game mode does not in fact recognize characters that were not officially unlocked, and a development build would likely have everything unlocked through debug, not through gameplay. Furthermore, the leak by itself just seems like exactly the kind of wonky, disappointing roster that Sakurai would send out as a final product. Thus, I am still banking on DLC being Mewtwo's fate.

Last edited:

.Shìkì

Smash Ace

Look at the Ridley thread size first. Over 1900 pages, if you were to base it on that Mewtwo would lose like 6 times over in popularity (just saying thread size is a dumb argument, Robins had more even before he was revealed). I agree with the rest though, also note that we have Charizard with the X-exclusive mega form, why not get Mewtwo with the Y exclusive one?

As for my personal speculations: While the padlock situation has given me hope, it remains a possibility that the game mode does not in fact recognize characters that were not officially unlocked, and a development build would likely have everything unlocked through debug, not through gameplay. Furthermore, the leak by itself just seems like exactly the kind of wonky, disappointing roster that Sakurai would send out as a final product. Thus, I am still banking on DLC being Mewtwo's fate.
Well we can also consider that Neo Zero said that the roster wasn't final and he IS trustworthy. So yeah.

Last edited:

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Sub-sub forums get less traffic. Considering that, the Mewtwo thread is quite impressive. We have the most pages of any veteran that has been in the unconfirmed veterans section.

The only knocks against us are that the same talking points often rise up over and over again, and that we are prone to tangents.

Last edited:

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
Sub-sub forums get less traffic. Considering that, the Mewtwo thread is quite impressive. We have the most pages of any veteran that has been in the unconfirmed veterans section.

The only knocks against us are that the same talking points often rise up over and over again, and that we are prone to tangents.
I feel this is pretty likely to happen in a thread that has run this long.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
It'd be crazy if we got both Mantwo and Femtwo (minor visual differences and voices). Maybe one could have 4 alt costumes and the other have 4 alts, maybe even having different Final Smashes (Fem = Mega Y, Man = Mega X)
I'd be down for that, just as long as they don't use that cheesy voice from "Prologue to Awakening". Just keep that sinister melee voice :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom