• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Says over 40. That could mean 200 for all we know.

Seriously, your pessimism is putting mine to shame. And that is one hell of an accomplishment.
has your stoic mega man always been a constant representation of this pessimism

Seriously I'm legit curious as to how pessimistic you are to consider one post enough to top it. And his post wasn't pessimism; it was idiocy.

I watched the 16th move today, and I hated Mewtwo's voice.
Join the club.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
has your stoic mega man always been a constant representation of this pessimism

Seriously I'm legit curious as to how pessimistic you are to consider one post enough to top it. And his post wasn't pessimism; it was idiocy.
Mega Man avatar is coincidence. Thought it was funny, and lo and behold. It ends up fitting my plethora of perplexingly pessimistic posts.
I wasn't referring to that one post, that guy has been more doomey and :044:y than even me in most threads I've seen.

If we do end up getting Femtwo, I wouldn't be too too upset, since we at least got Mewtwo. But I really would prefer his Melee voice.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Mega Man avatar is coincidence. Thought it was funny, and lo and behold. It ends up fitting my plethora of perplexingly pessimistic posts.
I wasn't referring to that one post, that guy has been more doomey and :044:y than even me in most threads I've seen.

If we do end up getting Femtwo, I wouldn't be too too upset, since we at least got Mewtwo. But I really would prefer his Melee voice.
-looks at this guy's postings-

Well, Mewtwo is Mewtwo, and I would be fine with a Robin-esque voice swap, but if Femtwo ended up the only choice I'd play with a mute on voices.

Morbi

Scavenger
-looks at this guy's postings-

Well, Mewtwo is Mewtwo, and I would be fine with a Robin-esque voice swap, but if Femtwo ended up the only choice I'd play with a mute on voices.
Is there even a mute voice option? Honestly, I would probably try to enjoy Femtwo. It would be weird at first, but I would learn to tolerate it.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Is there even a mute voice option? Honestly, I would probably try to enjoy Femtwo. It would be weird at first, but I would learn to tolerate it.
I'm pretty sure that most games, including Smash, have a volume for VFX as well. I would be more surprised to see it excluded.

I'd be fine with either voices. I still got Mewtwo, regardless.
That's all I ask for.
True.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
As for my personal speculations: While the padlock situation has given me hope, it remains a possibility that the game mode does not in fact recognize characters that were not officially unlocked, and a development build would likely have everything unlocked through debug, not through gameplay. Furthermore, the leak by itself just seems like exactly the kind of wonky, disappointing roster that Sakurai would send out as a final product. Thus, I am still banking on DLC being Mewtwo's fate.
Good argument, but one of the main driving forces against that now is Neo's announcement of 5 more characters.

Also, I'm not quite sure, but I think Pac-man was a character put under extreme wraps even amongst developers, so some people may be able to test "more" than others.

Look at the Ridley thread size first. Over 1900 pages, if you were to base it on that Mewtwo would lose like 6 times over in popularity (just saying thread size is a dumb argument, Robins had more even before he was revealed). I agree with the rest though, also note that we have Charizard with the X-exclusive mega form, why not get Mewtwo with the Y exclusive one?
I mainly put the thread size point in strikeout for semi-humor reasons, but yeah, I actually never checked the Ridley thread ._. I didn't intend that to be the actual basis of my argument, though.

Even though I like X more, Y definitely could use some representation, so I agree with the Y exclusive, especially since it was featured in the film. Although, I want the 1st Movie Mewtwo with it >.<

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

This definitely looks like Mewtwo colour-wise
Well, it's light purple.

But if they were really basing it off of Mewtwo, I would think that they would make the tongue a dark purple like Mewtwo's tail.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Meh, I don't think it's just a coincidence that all 3 most wanted characters Ridley, Mewtwo and Chrom were shown as skins. Each of them ending up as the last skin in the palette swap.

Perhaps it is a hint towards all 3 being revealed last?

Gimj

Smash Journeyman
I haven't read much posts lately, but I recently read this one post somewhere on the Boards that is making me doubt anymore unknown newcomers, nevermind Mewtwo. The person said that the unlocked All-Star mode could mean nothing, that the testers could have been given a code to unlock characters and thereby bypass the normal "unlocking" of All-Star mode. It make sense to me, but I was wondering if there is anything that casts doubt on this? For example, did we get any confirmation by the leaker himself that there ARE more characters? He did say that we did not have the full roster right? Or was that just a guess? Anyone?

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
Meh, I don't think it's just a coincidence that all 3 most wanted characters Ridley, Mewtwo and Chrom were shown as skins. Each of them ending up as the last skin in the palette swap.

Chrom's already in the game in Robin's Final and Victory poses.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991

Well Chrom is part of a final smash and is an interesting choice for an Ike skin, but I don't get where the other 2 being skins come from.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Well in that case why is the thread for Chrom still relevant?
As Opossum put it, the Chrom-paign is being put on hold until DLC is confirmed.

This isn't the Chrom thread, though, just to remind y'all. ;3 Can we just try to stay on track for the final countdown?

Last edited:

BertholdtFubar

Smash Cadet
In general, skins should never be an indicator of whether a character is playable or not. Kirby has a Meta-Knight skin, Mario has Wario's and Waluigi's outfits.

Fox's Wolf-like outfit, Diddy's pink outfit, Charizard's purple skin, Lucario/Greninja's skins that share some colors to Mewtwo, and more don't deconfirm or confirm any particular character.

We have only 2 days left and we're desperate enough to turn to skins for obscure hints. Mewtwo's still got a good chance, so let's talk about the character, not how some other character's outfit is vaguely similar to Mewtwo's colors.

warioismymain

Smash Cadet
I haven't read much posts lately, but I recently read this one post somewhere on the Boards that is making me doubt anymore unknown newcomers, nevermind Mewtwo. The person said that the unlocked All-Star mode could mean nothing, that the testers could have been given a code to unlock characters and thereby bypass the normal "unlocking" of All-Star mode. It make sense to me, but I was wondering if there is anything that casts doubt on this? For example, did we get any confirmation by the leaker himself that there ARE more characters? He did say that we did not have the full roster right? Or was that just a guess? Anyone?
Yea i kinda agree now that I think about it. Maybe the devs didn't unlock all of those characters through natural progression, rather by simply changing the games code or whatever they may do. I may be wrong but it just seems weird to me that Nintendo would show there game to the esrb without all of the characters in it.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
In general, skins should never be an indicator of whether a character is playable or not. Kirby has a Meta-Knight skin, Mario has Wario's and Waluigi's outfits.

Fox's Wolf-like outfit, Diddy's pink outfit, Charizard's purple skin, Lucario/Greninja's skins that share some colors to Mewtwo, and more don't deconfirm or confirm any particular character.

We have only 2 days left and we're desperate enough to turn to skins for obscure hints. Mewtwo's still got a good chance, so let's talk about the character, not how some other character's outfit is vaguely similar to Mewtwo's colors.
Sakurai has been trolling us throughout this whole adventure. I think its pretty safe to say that it is possible to tease a playable character.

Yea i kinda agree now that I think about it. Maybe the devs didn't unlock all of those characters through natural progression, rather by simply changing the games code or whatever they may do. I may be wrong but it just seems weird to me that Nintendo would show there game to the esrb without all of the characters in it.
Or perhaps they're just adding a few changes to the characters before launch.

Last edited:

BertholdtFubar

Smash Cadet
Perhaps they anticipated a leak and kept some particularly hype secret characters to themselves. I recall during a session they said that there were various levels of secrecy with characters that fewer and fewer people knew about. Neo Zero also said the roster isn't final, and the designers should be smart enough to remove the lock if the characters are unlocked, regardless of whether or not they were obtained through normal means.

Last edited:

warioismymain

Smash Cadet
Perhaps they anticipated a leak and kept some particularly hype secret characters to themselves. I recall during a session they said that there were various levels of secrecy with characters that fewer and fewer people knew about. Neo Zero also said the roster isn't final, and the designers should be smart enough to remove the lock if the characters are unlocked, regardless of whether or not they were obtained through normal means.
I hope thats the case, but in the off chance Neo Zero was trolling us for leaking the entire roster and still trying to maintain the hype of new characters joining the game, I would be very disappointed. Again, I hope i'm wrong.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Woah mewtwo looks sick in sm4sh!
That would make sense if the image was bloody Mewtwo instead of Greninja.

Good luck with Mewtwo, guys. I think you have a genuine shot here and you deserve it. ^_^
Heartwarming.

This needs to happen
Rainbow Mewtwo? All for it. :seuss:

Leakers can't be trusted anymore since they'll do anything to gain attention. Only if it comes from the game itself with evidence and footage. A code is something very easy to falsify without context.

Well in that case why is the thread for Chrom still relevant?
Because denial.

2 days and no confirmation would make any person desperate. Look at @ ミスティック Speed ミスティック Speed , he's practically whiffing speed all the time out of paranoia.

Hmm guess I was wrong thought we would find out if Mewtwo was in tonight.
Thursday seems like an odd choice for a reveal date.

Sakurai has been trolling us throughout this whole adventure. I think its pretty safe to say that it is possible to tease a playable character.

Or perhaps they're just adding a few changes to the characters before launch.
Trolling seems the more acceptable reason.

I'm torn. On one hand, there's no reason not to show the entire roster to the ESRB. But there's also no reason for Neo Zero to lie.
Maybe the ESRB didn't catch everything in the leaks. And since Neo Zero is quite trustworthy, I'm taking his metaphorical side in this debate.

warioismymain

Smash Cadet
That would make sense if the image was bloody Mewtwo instead of Greninja.

Heartwarming.

Rainbow Mewtwo? All for it. :seuss:

Leakers can't be trusted anymore since they'll do anything to gain attention. Only if it comes from the game itself with evidence and footage. A code is something very easy to falsify without context.

Because denial.

2 days and no confirmation would make any person desperate. Look at @ ミスティック Speed ミスティック Speed , he's practically whiffing speed all the time out of paranoia.

Thursday seems like an odd choice for a reveal date.

Trolling seems the more acceptable reason.

Maybe the ESRB didn't catch everything in the leaks. And since Neo Zero is quite trustworthy, I'm taking his metaphorical side in this debate.
(cough) sarcasm (cough)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom