• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Not to mention 90% of people used their masterball on mewtwo, and other legendaries for that matter. So it would be very appropriate to have the only legendary pokemon emerge from a master ball while the other 5 common pokemon comeout of pokeballs
wait Lucario comes out of a pokeball now? that makes sense then otherwise its kinda odd.

Last edited by a moderator:

Laniv

Smash Champion
Question guys. Since Mewtwo wasn't in either 64 or brawl, if/when he is revealed, do you think he's going to get his own special pre-battle entrance or just a generic Pokeball summon like the other Pokémon?
He bursts out of the water tank and poses.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
wait Lucario comes out of a pokeball now? that makes sense then otherwise its kinda odd.
No, Lucario's the only pokemon since Brawl that never came out of a Pokeball during the Announcing countdown. I can't say what his current Sm4sh spawn appearance will look like, but I'm sure it may be the same kind of 'summon' to the stage.

As for the Masterball summon pun @ ミスティック Speed ミスティック Speed made for the countdown 'summon', that was fitting. Funny enough that I'd laugh on the inside every time Mewtwo was sent out to battle.:troll:

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Whys Lucario Even Said Here? He NEVER In A Million Years Replaced Mewtwo.
You're insayian for quoting something from the 1st page when we're on page 253. Anyways Lucario spiritually succeeded / 'replaced' the Shadow Ball for Aura Sphere. It's a better move FC'd without as much recoil fired than FCSB. So it's just one move that 'replaced' something about Mewtwo.

Last edited:

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
My stance on Mewtwo coming out of a Masterball hasn't really changed, but if Lucario now comes out of a Pokeball I'd be more accepting of the idea. In order for Mewtwo to fit this B.A. kind of personality I'd rather Mewtwo be calling the shots rather than "it's trainer."

A throwback to the test tube would be a interesting entrance. Or the orb like psychic energy thing as he rushes onto the stage.

You know what? I don't care if he comes out if a Master ball now. As long as his is in the game!!

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
My stance on Mewtwo coming out of a Masterball hasn't really changed, but if Lucario now comes out of a Pokeball I'd be more accepting of the idea. In order for Mewtwo to fit this B.A. kind of personality I'd rather Mewtwo be calling the shots rather than "it's trainer."

A throwback to the test tube would be a interesting entrance. Or the orb like psychic energy thing as he rushes onto the stage.

You know what? I don't care if he comes out if a Master ball now. As long as his is in the game!!
They all give in at some point. Finally glad to see you did too.:troll: I'm afraid of the outcome @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A :scared:

But real talk, Lucario not coming out of a pokeball, I wouldn't want Mewtwo be coming from a Masterball either. Those two have to represent their badass persona, & not be captured slaves.:shades:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
also we need mewtwo to compliment the setting 3 cute vs 3 badass pokemon criteria ^^
who's your 3 cute & 3 cool?
Cute:
  • :jigglypuff:
  • :4pikachu:
  • :mewtwomelee:
Cool:
  • :4charizard:
  • :4lucario: Inb4 you choose Bloocario to be your kawaii doge. I feel you were going to reply with Lucario being in your cute category~
  • :4greninja:
I'm convinced Mewtwo will reign the Cute faction with an iron fist.

Last edited:

Illya-tan

Smash Rookie
well mewtwo could fall on the cute category because of MMY, but i find greninja looking cute because of the colors, maybe its just me but he is kinda in both categories too.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
well mewtwo could fall on the cute category because of MMY, but i find greninja looking cute because of the colors, maybe its just me but he is kinda in both categories too.
Fair enough. Albeit I considered Mewtwo cute before MegaMewtwoY. Mewtwo's charm & cuteness would cause fans to faint.;)

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Lol, what on earth is this

My response to this is WHY THE FEST DID THAT PERSON not CHOOSE MEWTWO? BUT CHOOSES FLIPPING MARIO & KIRBY & LINK AS A CPU?
My next unfortunate response is, "Meh probably fake anyways"

EDIT: Mad hype for Gex now.:awesome:

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

Oh my god its Gex!!!

Has Sakurai been tapping my dormant childhood dreams...? Forget Mewtwo, this is the best announcement ever!

Nah, it's fake. I wonder why someone would make this in the first place if they wanted to fool people.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Oh my god its Gex!!!

Has Sakurai been tapping my dormant childhood dreams...? Forget Mewtwo, this is the best announcement ever!

Nah, it's fake. I wonder why someone would make this in the first place if they wanted to fool people.
...Who exactly is "Gex" anyway?

By the way, totally fake. But I will give them credit for replicating the faked CSS on the gamepad itself.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I knew there was something weird about including wasteful characters like Dark Pit, Dr Mario and Duck Hunt Dog, and to not mention Mewtwo at all just seemed so wrong, it seems like this leak was made by a Mewtwo Hater that slipped because of his arrogance of not wanting to list Mewtwo at all, not even as dlc.

Also looking at this roster, there is no excuse for there not to be 6 Pokémon.

Btw, of all of those leaked characters just give me Bowser Jr, otherwise all I want is Ridley.

Top 3: Mewtwo, Ridley, Bowser Jr.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
If Mewtwo's not in, I wonder if Sakurai is going to be swamped with questions about why he was excluded for this game.

I mean, it could go either way at this point.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

How desperate are leakers getting?

I like Gex, but were he even revived, he belongs in a Sony Smash Ripoff sequel, not this.

...Who exactly is "Gex" anyway?

By the way, totally fake. But I will give them credit for replicating the faked CSS on the gamepad itself.
Gex is a lizard James Bond.

zombieRabbidz

Smash Journeyman
Nope

Ninka did say alph is a alternate for olimar

And now its a lock that wolf is dead.
No its not go read the wolf thread! He is just a colour for fox and not even an alternate plus he is a villan and star fox needs more than 2 reps plus crystal is unlikely at this point because she was shown as a trophy in the leak!

Kingkool

Smash Apprentice

what...you mean, this? :chuckle:
Ohhh I love when he flies in his barrier, I really hope they incorporate it into his entrance or Final Smash or victory screen or something.

If Mewtwo's not in, I wonder if Sakurai is going to be swamped with questions about why he was excluded for this game.

I mean, it could go either way at this point.
Well he's always had an excuse for each game that M2's not in and over the past year Ive been racking my brain with possible reasons for him not to be in and I just can't think of a single good reason, so either he's in, or he's out solely because Sakurai arbitrarily decided that he shouldn't get in. And if that's the case i'm sure he'll get quite a bit of **** for it

Last edited by a moderator:
3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
Pikachu is the most well known Pokemon and if you ask actual Pokemon fans who their favourite Pokemon is, then Charizard wins by miles.

Dear lord...
I just talked to my local game store and he said hes getting the 3DS version this week.

Guys. If I ever post a gameplay picture it's probably the real thing c:

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Pikachu is the most well known Pokemon and if you ask actual Pokemon fans who their favourite Pokemon is, then Charizard wins by miles.
If by actual Pokemon fans you mean GENWUNNERRRSSSS, then sure.

Charizard is nice, but doesn't come close to my favorite non legendary.

Dear lord...
I just talked to my local game store and he said hes getting the 3DS version this week.

Guys. If I ever post a gameplay picture it's probably the real thing c:
inb4 NOA sues you C:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
lol.... wait seriously?
Well, they did take down the video footage of the leaks...then again that was VIDEO FOOTAGE.

But it would raise questions over there at NOA if SOMEONE had access to the entire version less than a month before the street release and posted images here.

Just saying.

And you'd cause massive crashboards C:

Last edited:
3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
Well, they did take down the video footage of the leaks...then again that was VIDEO FOOTAGE.

But it would raise questions over there at NOA if SOMEONE had access to the entire version less than a month before the street release and posted images here.

Just saying.

And you'd cause massive crashboards C:
Indeed. I will still fill you guys up with as much info.

ON THE OTHER HAND I FOUND THIS AND I DO NOT TRUST IT BUT

Do I even dare?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom