• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steelia

Smash Champion
To be fair it is a pretty good leak. Im starting to believe it myself.
I don't believe the roster picture "leaks" are real, those look fabricated. BUT... I'm starting to believe that some of the characters it has (Shulk, Dr. Mario, even DHD) may actually show up on the final roster, that the person who made the roster picture heard from another source who was playable.

Either way, this bodes very well for Mewtwo in the long run, and brings back a sense of excitement I haven't felt since before Greninja's reveal. I don't dislike Greninja, but after his inclusion was when the doubt was planted into everyone with the excessive "Pokemon cannot overrep Mario" comments.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
Then why do the character slots have names in the E3 Demo?
It wouldn't make any sense for them to cut out such an important yet barely noticeable detail from one version when the other version still had it.
Because there is enough room to have them on. It makes sense.

Im starting to believe the leak is real but my personal policy with these things is fake until proven real.

Rubbertop

Smash Cadet
NNID
Matt.C
3DS FC
4511-0538-1886

Im starting to believe the leak is real but my personal policy with these things is fake until proven real.
Go ahead and believe what you want. It is a very well done leak, for the most part.
Besides the design of the character slots, there are plenty of details on other veterans such as Ness' shirt or Ganondorf looking too dark in contrast to the other characters or Shulk being the only character with a distinguishable colored outline in the Team Battle picture.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
Also we can't see the names supposedly because they would have to be too small so they didn't put them on the pictures.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
Moving away from the whole leak thing and bringing the topic of discussion back around to Mewtwo, today the first Homebrew 3DS hacking was just shown off. This allows texture hacks and more for games. If Mewtwo doesn't end up making it maybe we can get a mod to put him in like the several there are for Brawl.

I'll put my second post here: (sorry for the double post)

Assuming that the information several different sources have reported is true. I think we have Mewtwo basically confirmed. Read this comment: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/69897240/793889604

If its not true then I guess nothing has really changed.

Last edited:

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
Moving away from the whole leak thing and bringing the topic of discussion back around to Mewtwo, today the first Homebrew 3DS hacking was just shown off. This allows texture hacks and more for games. If Mewtwo doesn't end up making it maybe we can get a mod to put him in like the several there are for Brawl.

I'll put my second post here: (sorry for the double post)

Assuming that the information several different sources have reported is true. I think we have Mewtwo basically confirmed. Read this comment: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/69897240/793889604

If its not true then I guess nothing has really changed.

If Mewtwo is part of it I hope it's real.

lltacx

Smash Journeyman
If Mewtwo is part of it I hope it's real.
Same goes for me. The roster is not ruined for me when it doesn't have Mewtwo, but i will feel bad about it for awhile... But as long as the question mark stays on Mewtwo's head and the possibility is there for him to be in it, my world will become a happy place!
Aside that, i'm not really buying the leak. The CSS and SSS look too bland to me and that's not Sakurai's style....

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
Also, one other detail against the leak, look at these pictures:

Now look back at the supposed "leak":

Notice something different?

The character's names aren't displayed on their respective slots. This is a detail that was present in every installment, even in the E3 Demo for the 3DS version. Hell it's even in the Wii U version:

Why would they take out such an important detail, especially one that was present in a previous version?
There are inconsistencies which make me believe it to be fake, no matter how well done it may look in my opinion.

Kirby for example. The box at he top has a thicker border. Maybe Kirby is being selected as a character there, but it doesn't add up to me. If it's selected, it's far more viable to have the whole box itself light up or something similar. I don't know how it actually looks as I haven't seen much 3DS footage. Also, why does Bowsers box have the thicker border as well, yet Kirby is set to CPU? I don't get this.

ESRB0083. I'm sorry. I can't unsee that last part :p

The biggest give away is what is discussed here, the names not showing. They can make a HD full blown amazing game like this, yet not have time or space to include the characters names? It doesn't make sense. People aren't going to know who all the characters are, they need to include the names. In the official you see them.

The font on Bowser's token is a light red from what I can see, yet on the actual game it's white. The P1 looks closer together on the real game. There is a thicker black shadow behind the fake token compared to the one on the game. Yoshi seems more zoomed in on the actual game. Greninja's border colour seems grey/blue to me on the actual game compared to the one in the leak, which seems all blue. (that could be the colour difference but to me it's very rich) Some characters seem zoomed closer on the game. Minor inconsistencies like that.

It's good, but, not real and definitely not confirmed by Nintendo or Sakurai so, fake fake fake. Until otherwise confirmed.

Last edited:

Rubbertop

Smash Cadet
NNID
Matt.C
3DS FC
4511-0538-1886
At this point I doubt Mewtwo will be revealed before Sept. 13, unless Sakurai wants to generate a lot of hype right before the game is released.
There is supposed to be a BIG Pokémon announcement on the 27th (I think it's the 27th), so who knows. They might take an opportunity.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
I would be disappointed even if Mewtwo was part of it. I mean yeah I would still be pumped because my most wanted character is back, but the lack of high profile villains Ridley and K Rool would be disappointing.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I would be disappointed even if Mewtwo was part of it. I mean yeah I would still be pumped because my most wanted character is back, but the lack of high profile villains Ridley and K Rool would be disappointing.
To me, Mewtwo is more like last minute redemption for this roster.
I hate clones. I really hate clones.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Hey, long time lurker here, but I really hope :mewtwopm: decides to make a reappearance. I just pulled my old copy of Melee back out of storage, and realized how much I missed the guy. Hopefully with these new leaks, he's not deconfirmed completely.

Bring back the psychic power!:150:

Anthinus

Smash Journeyman
Hey, long time lurker here, but I really hope :mewtwopm: decides to make a reappearance. I just pulled my old copy of Melee back out of storage, and realized how much I missed the guy. Hopefully with these new leaks, he's not deconfirmed completely.

Welcome to Smashboards and thanks for posting ;)

We all know that the character's placement is messed up. If the leak is real, the only valid reason to that is because more characters are hidden... Yoshi's selection box is the proof.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Go to Japan Cap, get Sakurai to include him :troll:

Megamaw

Smash Rookie
Just remember what it means if this leak isn't real.

Just as Doctor Mario shall be an alternate costume for Mario, so too, shall Mewtwo be for Lucario.

I mean they're both clones, right.

Rubbertop

Smash Cadet
NNID
Matt.C
3DS FC
4511-0538-1886

Just as Doctor Mario shall be an alternate costume for Mario, so too, shall Mewtwo be for Lucario.

No.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

I've heard stupidity about clones but this is overkill.

KieRanaRan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KieRanaRan
3DS FC
0662-3728-1857

Wrong.

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader

Reported for trolling. :4falcon:

Clones don't play exactly the same, though. Remember Falco?
If you actually think Mewtwo and Lucario are clones. Then Greninja is also a clone. The only thing any of them have in common is a chargeable projectile.

..All of them must be Samus clones.

Last edited:

Megamaw

Smash Rookie
And the instant mechanics become sufficiently different the characters are no longer eligible for alts. Remember Lucina?
I admit, I was poking a bit of fun in the first post here-- I didn't expect everyone to take me seriously.

Doctor Mario and Mewtwo should both get their own roster slots, in my honest opinion. Thank you for being a tad less rude than the others.

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860

On the other hand, a leak isn't fake until proven fake.

Which means no leak is fake or real. A leak is a leak until its debunked or proven.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
On the other hand, a leak isn't fake until proven fake.

Which means no leak is fake or real. A leak is a leak until its debunked or proven.
Except that a leak is information not coming through the official channels and should thus be treated as fake until the official channels show otherwise. Nothing to get hyped or mad over, see?

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
Except that a leak is information not coming through the official channels and should thus be treated as fake until the official channels show otherwise. Nothing to get hyped or mad over, see?
Actually. A leak is just a (Supposed) earlier information that is (supposedly) coming through the official company through their (Supposed) game.

I (Suppose) you see?

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
Actually. A leak is just a (Supposed) earlier information that is (supposedly) coming through the official company through their (Supposed) game.

I (Suppose) you see?
And as it doesn't come through the official channel, i.e. SAKURAI HIMSELF, I (suppose) you're wrong. Leaks are fake until proven otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom