• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterJude

Smash Ace
Why does everybody put them 3 on the Chopping Block? Can you give me a reason why you want them 3 to be cut?
Most think that Squirtle and Ivysaur aren't enough as characters to exist on their own in game. It's an interesting one, particularly as they are unique characters. It'll be interesting to see.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Squirtle and Ivysaur have no reason to be in the game, especially with transformations cut.
Snake is a third party character that hasn't appeared on a Nintendo console in years.
Squritle and Ivysaur are Popular and Charzarid's back.
Snake's last outing on a Nintendo Platform was 2012 which was 2 years ago. You do know MGS3D is getting an E-Shop Re-Release? Your Argument is Invalid. Do you always come into an argument with no ammunition?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Squirtle and Ivysaur have no reason to be in the game, especially with transformations cut.
Snake is a third party character that hasn't appeared on a Nintendo console in years.
Metal Gear Solid 3 was released on the 3DS, and it's newer than Kid Icarus Uprising, F-Zero GX, and Mother 3, among others. (it's Big Boss rather than Solid Snake, but given that Snake's appearance in Smash Bros. is a composite of the two, and Big Boss is referred to as Snake pretty consistently throughout MGS3, it's likely close enough for a lot of people)

As for transformations being removed, that didn't effect the inclusion of Sheik and Zero Suit Samus - there's still the possibility for those two to return, especially since there were almost seven playable Pokemon in Brawl. (it seems like, at most, there would be eight in this game, if those two, Jigglypuff, and Mewtwo returned)

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Why does everybody put them 3 on the Chopping Block? Can you give me a reason why you want them 3 to be cut?
Snake is seen as not fitting. Personally, I agree. If they're going to put Snake in, they need to draw from his original game, not Metal Gear Solid.

People just assume that Ivysaur and Squirtle are being cut because Charizard is in alone. Each one is popular, as each had people who tried to "main" them when playing Pokémon Trainer (stupid forced switching mechanics).

Metal Gear Solid 3 was released on the 3DS, and it's newer than Kid Icarus Uprising, among others. (it's Big Boss rather than Solid Snake, but given that Snake's appearance in Smash Bros. is a composite of the two, and Big Boss is referred to as Snake pretty consistently throughout MGS3, it's likely close enough for a lot of people)

As for transformations being removed, that didn't effect the inclusion of Sheik and Zero Suit Samus - there's still the possibility for those two to return, especially since there were almost seven playable Pokemon in Brawl. (it seems like, at most, there would be eight in this game, if those two, Jigglypuff, and Mewtwo returned)
It was ported to the 3DS, but it's just a port of a game that had been out for competing systems for seven years. Not really a "Nintendo" title.

PeterJude

Smash Ace
Snake's last outing on a Nintendo Platform was 2012 which was 2 years ago. You do know MGS3D is getting an E-Shop Re-Release? Your Argument is Invalid. Do you always come into an argument with no ammunition?
I think the argument is:

- Charizard in on his own
- Transformation characters out
- Not good enough to be characters on their own
- Greninja has taken Squirtle's niche of being the water type pokemon

It's the same steps in logic that lead to the idea Sceptile may be a newcomer.

To be completely honest I'd not completely rule them out. The only two cut characters who were unique were Mewtwo and Roy (to an extent), and there is some evidence that they were planned for Brawl at some point. With them pulling out all the stops with this one, and many thinking Mewtwo is coming back, I doubt they'd drop any characters with unique styles, and with them already breaking up Zelda/Shiek and not dropping either, Samus/ZSS and not dropping either and having added Charizard on his own, I really don't think it's that much of a stretch to think they'd keep Squirtle and Ivysaur, but at the same time it's unlikely, or pretty much ruled out, depending on how you read the comments on such things, that all the characters in Brawl are back.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Snake is seen as not fitting. Personally, I agree. If they're going to put Snake in, they need to draw from his original game, not Metal Gear Solid.

People just assume that Ivysaur and Squirtle are being cut because Charizard is in alone. Each one is popular, as each had people who tried to "main" them when playing Pokémon Trainer (stupid forced switching mechanics).

It was ported to the 3DS, but it's just a port of a game that had been out for competing systems for seven years. Not really a "Nintendo" title.
Are you talking about the MSX/NES Games? If so they did the Landmines and Music. Some of his Move's came from the Remake The Twin Snake's such as the Grenades, Nikita and Stage.

It was a Full Remake of MGS3 with tons of elements from MGS4 and Peace Walker!

@ Skyblade12 Skyblade12 I think todays POTD proves that Snake fits in Perfectly.

Last edited:

Winchester7314

Smash Journeyman
Do you always come into an argument as a narcissist? chill out, you asked them their reasons, and they gave em...don't be a jack wad about it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

As I said in the Snake thread, if he can fit in this game:

He can fit in Smash.

I also don't see why people say he doesn't fit to begin with.
Yeah, next to the likes of Kirby and Mario, he's out of place, but put him with Captain Falcon and Zero Suit Samus...

They look like they'd be from the same universe to the unaware.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895

He can fit in Smash.

Yeah, next to the likes of Kirby and Mario, he's out of place, but put him with Captain Falcon and Zero Suit Samus...

I think he's out of place because he's not iconic Nintendo, he's too heavily influenced by his Playstation versions. Give us this guy:

And I'd have no problem with it. He even has a Triforce on his equipment! Personally, I far preferred Metal Gear to the other games in the series anyway.

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I think he's out of place because he's not iconic Nintendo, he's too heavily influenced by his Playstation versions. Give us this guy:

And I'd have no problem with it. He even has a Triforce on his equipment! Personally, I far preferred Metal Gear to the other games in the series anyway.
That's still Solid Snake. They couldn't use him because he's based off Mel Gibson. Just keep Snake the same.
But I do Agree more MSX/NES content is needed!

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Why are we suddenly talking about Snake, I thought this was the Mewtwo thread.

I guess it's because they're both clones :troll:

D

Deleted member

@ Skyblade12 Skyblade12
The same argument can go for Sonic, who's mainly Classic-styled (as in, back when Nintendo and Sega were bitter rivals) with the Modern design and Homing Attack (which both debuted when Sega was still a rival).

Aside from that, you are aware that the original Metal Gear on NES was a port from another system (the MSX; a Microsoft system), right?

Last edited by a moderator:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
@ Skyblade12 Skyblade12
The same argument can go for Sonic, who's mainly Classic-styled (as in, back when Nintendo and Sega were bitter rivals) with the Modern design and Homing Attack (which both debuted when Sega was still a rival).
Classic designs are superior.

Aside from that, you are aware that the original Metal Gear on NES was a port from another system (the MSX; a Microsoft system), right?
Nope, I honestly wasn't aware of that.

I hope Mewtwo get Mega Mewtwo-Y as his Final Smash. I really never understood everyone's love for Mega Mewtwo-X. It goes completely against the entire basis of Mewtwo's character.

D

Deleted member

Why wouldn't it end well? They are literally both clones. (at least outside the game continuity for Mewtwo)

I hope Mewtwo get Mega Mewtwo-Y as his Final Smash. I really never understood everyone's love for Mega Mewtwo-X. It goes completely against the entire basis of Mewtwo's character.
Not exactly.
Mewtwo is almost as physically strong as it is telekinetically.
Mega Mewtwo X merely bring emphasis to that strength while Mega Mewtwo Y brings emphasis on the telekinetic capability.

That being said, as I said in this thread before, Y was the one that got the promotion. Y will be the one that gets featured in Smash. Just like Mega Charizard X.

Last edited by a moderator:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
@ Skyblade12 Skyblade12

Yea. Sonic's Moveset was based off the Genesis games. If it wasn't for the Success of the NES version we wouldn't have seen Metal Gear Solid.
Why wouldn't it end well? They are literally both clones. (at least outside the game continuity for Mewtwo)
He's saying if the Mods see this. They'll Jump on us

Let's get back on Topic about Mewtwo instead of Snake/Sonic.

Winchester7314

Smash Journeyman
He's saying if the Mods see this. They'll Jump on us
Let's get back on Topic about Mewtwo instead of Snake/Sonic.
Sortof, I mean to say that whenever someone brings up his being a clone, we literally fill up several pages of why he isn't + why his shadowball shouldn't/should be changed. :p But yea, this did get off topic there :p

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
@SaucyDancer Eggsactly:4yoshi:. Anything can go sour in mid-development for whatever wavering reason or issue, like time restraints, Mewtwo's most formidable foe. That's why it's never a 100% shoe-in guarantee. Not every veteran from past Smash Brothers will return either. Look at all these:
:drmario::mewtwomelee::pichumelee::roymelee::younglinkmelee::falco::ganondorf::popo::ivysaur::jigglypuff::lucas::gw::ness2::pt::rob::snake::squirtle::warioc::wolf:

Remove every melee but Mewtwo of their own slot in Sm4sh, & you're still left with 14 Brawl fighters, 13 if you're not counting Red aka PTrainer. All 13 being returning fighters would be fantastic, yet Sakurai has warned us we may not get every single veteran from the past. So every veteran unconfirmed, is in the warning zone.
STAHP THE EGG PUNS

Well guys we can all expect a bikini outfit for Mewtwo with the Samus reveal today:joyful:
Save that for your fan fiction lol

He can fit in Smash.

I'm baffled that game exists lol. But this is the MEWTWO thread, not the SNAKE thread. Just saying, good a point as it is.

Not exactly.
Mewtwo is almost as physically strong as it is telekinetically.
Mega Mewtwo X merely bring emphasis to that strength while Mega Mewtwo Y brings emphasis on the telekinetic capability.

That being said, as I said in this thread before, Y was the one that got the promotion. Y will be the one that gets featured in Smash. Just like Mega Charizard X.
MMX has Mewtwo 's base special attack, for that matter. And Y will get the promotion, I agree.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Get back on topic everyone. You all should know better.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Get back on topic everyone. You all should know better.
We'll behave, just don't use that godawful Wily saucer sound ;o;

Seriously, though, I apologize on the thread's behalf.

Last edited:

Rubbertop

Smash Cadet
NNID
Matt.C
3DS FC
4511-0538-1886
2012 was also the year Smash 4 began production. Snake had a game come out on a Nintendo console when Smash 4 was just in it's early stages. That could've been a coincidence for all we know but it's still something to think about.

ZombieVito

Smash Journeyman
It will get a E-Shop release?

Kazenova

Smash Rookie
I would not be surprised if Mewtwo doesn't come back. Melee has Pikachu, Jiggly, Mewtwo and Pichu all which promoted Gen 1 and 2 of pokemon, with Crystal having been released shortly before Melee. Lucario replaced Mewtwo as Gen 4 has just came out and they wanted to promote Diamond and Pearl while Poke Trainer replaced Pichu probably because of FireRed and Leafgreen and possibly the anime. As for Smash 4, Greninja promotes X and Y along with the vets Pikachu and Jiggly. As for why they kept Lucario...no idea. Maybe Lucario was just a popular enough character that they wanted to keep him. Given the popularity of Mewtwo, they *could* bring him back since he's a legendary in X and Y but theres always a chance he wont. I'm also hoping that Mewtwo doesn't return for another reason: Over-representation. Pokemon will have 4 reps already, and while 4 is a fine number to have, there are other series that only have one or two. Like Metroid. and while I know that Mewtwo's inclusion won't exclusively make Ridley, Kraid, Rundas or Dark Samus not be in the game, it would be a huge middle finger to have all these new and returning characters for other series and then just have Samus crying alone because her only friends are dead

TL;DR Theres hope for him, but don't really count on him returning.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Well guys we can all expect a bikini outfit for Mewtwo with the Samus reveal today:joyful:
Femtwo: Sexy.
1stMovie: Ew. I hope to not live enought for see that.
I would not be surprised if Mewtwo doesn't come back. Melee has Pikachu, Jiggly, Mewtwo and Pichu all which promoted Gen 1 and 2 of pokemon, with Crystal having been released shortly before Melee. Lucario replaced Mewtwo as Gen 4 has just came out and they wanted to promote Diamond and Pearl while Poke Trainer replaced Pichu probably because of FireRed and Leafgreen and possibly the anime. As for Smash 4, Greninja promotes X and Y along with the vets Pikachu and Jiggly. As for why they kept Lucario...no idea. Maybe Lucario was just a popular enough character that they wanted to keep him. Given the popularity of Mewtwo, they *could* bring him back since he's a legendary in X and Y but theres always a chance he wont. I'm also hoping that Mewtwo doesn't return for another reason: Over-representation. Pokemon will have 4 reps already, and while 4 is a fine number to have, there are other series that only have one or two. Like Metroid. and while I know that Mewtwo's inclusion won't exclusively make Ridley, Kraid, Rundas or Dark Samus not be in the game, it would be a huge middle finger to have all these new and returning characters for other series and then just have Samus crying alone because her only friends are dead

It's not Sakurai's fault if Pokemon had TONS of possible fighters while Metroid (beyond Samus) had just freaking big dinosaurs or one-shot characters.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

When you walk behind what you think is a female in a bikini, and start talking, wouldn't a male voice responding be a little off putting? :p
Meh, I've gotten used to it after the Ugly Stepsisters in Shrek and Dr. Girlfriend in Venture Brothers.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993

Actually Lucario didn't replace Mewtwo, he was planned to be in the game. Sakurai just ran into technical limitations and time restraints. Sakurai also said he doesn't like cutting characters, and a lot of people were mad Mewtwo got cut. This could be Sakurai's last Smash game, so I think he wants to make it right by including Mewtwo this time.

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Femtwo had bigger chest and is thinner. And a bikini on a female is always sexy, while on a man...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom