• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Mewtwo's Pokedex data mentions that it will often remain motionless to conserve energy.

Perhaps that could translate to a move such as Meditate, where Mewtwo will charge up power?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I called it Meditate as well before. It even buffed up his speed and weight if used. Easy sollution to buff Mewtwo: do it yourself by pressing Down B.

And they said Zelda had the best Down B in the game? :troll:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Not quite as relevant to the topic, I but just remembered how Mewtwo's "shiny" form in Pokemon Stadium 2 consisted of having a black tail instead of the light green one you would normally see his shiny form as. I think that's an alternate color he should have if he comes back if anything, with maybe some other changes like darkening his skin and/or giving him something like red eyes. Tell me that wouldn't be badass.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I just watched Mewtwo strikes back & Mewtwo Returns lol no joke.

Damn hes got so much character hes amazing!

I dont care what new pokes they are if Mewtwo dont come back its gonna feel empty..
:phone:

The Black mage

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2492-4215-1228
All these people over here posting about a DNA pokemon and I am over here waiting on every other veteran thread to be replied.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
^ lol, I'll help.

Don't know if this has already been said, but if Mewtwo comes back, I'd love an alternative costume to resemble Giegue. Basically, get rid of the purple and make him a bit skinnier. Maybe even make him say something that references Mother..."The true form of my attack is inexplicable!"

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
lol

As an alternative to what you or I suggested, they could also merely just give Mewtwo the same kind of dark/black colors that they gave to Wolf and Ganondorf in Brawl as one of their alt colors.

A dark themed Mewtwo in any shape or form would be sweet really.

FishSlappinDance

Smash Cadet
lol

As an alternative to what you or I suggested, they could also merely just give Mewtwo the same kind of dark/black colors that they gave to Wolf and Ganondorf in Brawl as one of their alt colors.

A dark themed Mewtwo in any shape or form would be sweet really.
I remember seeing a skin for Mewtwo where his pallete is inversed: purple skin, white tail, and most importantly: RED. EYES.

D

Deleted member

I remember seeing a skin for Mewtwo where his pallete is inversed: purple skin, white tail, and most importantly: RED. EYES.
That is what we call a Shadow Mewtwo, named after the color scheme of Shadow Lugia from Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Ah yes. That used to be my previous username elsewhere. True story.

Anyhoo,

The tail might be a little too light there. Could be a little darker grey perhaps, but other than that, perfect.

D

Deleted member

In hindsight, the concept of a Shadow Mewtwo is just overkill now that I think about it.

Mewtwo already has a savage heart and thinks of nothing else but to defeat all who oppose it.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Well yeah. I wouldn't want something like a Shadow Mewtwo to be canon or anything necessarily. Hell no, that'd be too dark of a story (as if Shadow Lugia wasn't dark enough by Nintendo/Pokemon standards). Just thought it would be a cool addition to the alternate color schemes given for characters. :p

D

Deleted member

I know that, I'm just saying that after some thought, a real Shadow Mewtwo would be complete overkill. :p

The Black mage

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2492-4215-1228
Shadow lugia is probably the most overkill thing you'd find in pokemon, besides my garchomp. ( Life orb + outrage, yo. )
But a shadow mewtwo is nice, really.

FishSlappinDance

Smash Cadet
I did up the following recolors for Mewtwo...

[collapse=Recolors]
[/collapse]
M_A_S_G, I've seen a lot of your recolors on this board but this one seems to be the weakest. I don't believe most of those colors work well together with the exception of the last palette.

I think it would be consistent to stick with the palette concept done in Melee as well as your last one. Like this:

[collapse="Melee Mewtwo Palletes"]
[/collapse]

Some colors that would work would be an improved red palette, a yellow palette, and perhaps even a black palette.

A "Gigyas" palette of white would be interesting, same with a "Dark" palette. But nonetheless, keep up the good work! :)

[collapse="Giygas Mewtwo"]
[/collapse]

EDIT:

I wanted to bring possible "themes" for Mewtwo, which do you think would fit better:

Pokemon Stadium - Vs. Mewtwo

or

Pokemon Rumble - Vs. Mewtwo

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I brought up his music themes once or twice before, and still think his Stadium one would be the most unique to have. The Rumble theme's okay too, but sounds a little too much like other ones I've heard already.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I couldn't click the first video on that mobile link, so I'm guessing it got removed or something.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I couldn't click the first video on that mobile link, so I'm guessing it got removed or something.
Ahh..SUCKS!! no its not removed..damnn shame..its a seriously epic video too..

its litreally 100/ what you lot said!

''Mewtwo Vs. Ivysaur'
on Pokemon Stadium Mewtwo's Stadium.

Epic battle theme and everything! Sigh...

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Nevermind, I found it by searching the old fashioned way (those mobile links of yours are really inconvenient at times). Anyhow, was pretty much what I expected from when I saw the still image. Pretty good stuff. Like that stage will happen though even if Mewtwo does return.

GetBentSaggy

Smash Apprentice
Nevermind, I found it by searching the old fashioned way (those mobile links of yours are really inconvenient at times). Anyhow, was pretty much what I expected from when I saw the still image. Pretty good stuff. Like that stage will happen though even if Mewtwo does return.
Just go to the URL bar and remove the "m." and hit enter, then it works perfectly fine.

D

Deleted member 212841

In that "Master Mewtwo" video posted earlier I really liked the teleport rolls he could do. It would be really cool if in Sm4sh he had a few things that made him disappear for a second and his Up-B was buffed slightly to let him still attack after using it that way he could play mind games.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I always liked that idea as well. Or the ability to follow up an aerial attack after the teleport.

Just want Mewtwo back main...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
M_A_S_G, I've seen a lot of your recolors on this board but this one seems to be the weakest. I don't believe most of those colors work well together with the exception of the last palette.

I think it would be consistent to stick with the palette concept done in Melee as well as your last one. Like this:

[collapse="Melee Mewtwo Palletes"]
[/collapse]

Some colors that would work would be an improved red palette, a yellow palette, and perhaps even a black palette.

A "Gigyas" palette of white would be interesting, same with a "Dark" palette. But nonetheless, keep up the good work! :)

[collapse="Giygas Mewtwo"]
[/collapse]

EDIT:

I wanted to bring possible "themes" for Mewtwo, which do you think would fit better:

Pokemon Stadium - Vs. Mewtwo

or

Pokemon Rumble - Vs. Mewtwo
I guess my main priority was making team battle colors that looked more obvious. The shiny coloration was included as an extra palette swap, and you don't see very many yellow colorations out there.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
To be perfectly honest, a lot of the palette swaps Mario and Sonic Guy does looks like the character was puked on by a unicorn. Being subtle is not exactly a sin that should be avoided like the black plague.

The Black mage

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2492-4215-1228
( Dang, wish I had such a way with speaking like you. )
Yeah, those color pallets are sorta insulting to my eyes, not that they are ugly or anything, but it just hurts them.

Everything else seems fine.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
( Dang, wish I had such a way with speaking like you. )
Yeah, those color pallets are sorta insulting to my eyes, not that they are ugly or anything, but it just hurts them.

Everything else seems fine.
Yh..i get what you lot are saying..it seems like theres no reference or anything to most of the colour swaps and they just look plain ugly..

But Brawl Inproved on colour swaps alot compared to melee so Sm4sh should be ''should..' be better then brawls which would be
sweet!!!

im just sooo sick of this drought..sooo boring man seriously..Xbox is dead..damn i wish i still had my Wii..and you know your desprate if you dying to play Brawl...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It seems quite ironic that people don't mind Yoshi's recolors, and yet they hate it when other characters follow that routine too.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
It seems quite ironic that people don't mind Yoshi's recolors, and yet they hate it when other characters follow that routine too.
Yoshi has been known for having different colors since before Smash.

Giving Mewtwo really bright or deep colors like in the palette swaps you made does look a bit awkward. For example, in the actual Smash games it seems like they're careful to not make the pokemon characters' palettes look obnoxious - the changes in color are soft but still recognizably different. (Don't know if I'm explaining very well as I'm having a little difficulty putting it into words, but I think you can get the idea.)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Just see it like this: what would your reaction be seeing Pikachu's alternative blue color is Pikachu with actual blue fur and ****?

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
People would then be making more Pikablu rumors for the next gen. :troll:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Just see it like this: what would your reaction be seeing Pikachu's alternative blue color is Pikachu with actual blue fur and ****?
And yet Donkey Kong can be seen with blue hair and green hair. If Donkey Kong can have unorthodox colorings, I don't see why the Pokemon, like Mewtwo, can't.

D

Deleted member

It doesn't look so unnatural for DK as it does for Mewtwo. Especially the recolors you made. Those look completely unnatrual as if you took Mewtwo and painted him.

I mean, compare those with these:

If anything, an actual red version in a similar vein and one with a black tail with a grey tone in skin in addition to these would be perfect.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Yep. The Pikablu and PokeGod rumors (which included Mewthree :troll:) were some of the craziest things I lived though when anticipating gen 2.

D

Deleted member

While not quite being about Mewtwo, this IS related to my statement that was WITH my Mewtwo speculation, in that Charizard and Dragonite will be rivals.

It turns out....they're going to be the best of buds...

This is from the new ending of the anime.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Heh, that's cute lookin. Never thought I'd see the two main 1st gen dragons together like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom