• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

It was in Ness' page in the Japanese Melee site.
I thought that'd be common knowledge by now.
http://translate.google.com/transla...us_p_nalj/smash/flash/0717/index.html&act=url

Translated Sakurai said:
Initially, I was planning to change the hero of MOTHER3 fact, while detour for a variety of reasons, I did get back together.
To paraphrase that into proper terms, he is saying that he planned on changing out Ness for the hero of Mother 3 (a.k.a. Earthbound 64), which would have been Lucas. However, for multiple reasons, he could not go through with this, so Ness returns.

The obvious reason why he couldn't go through with it was because Mother 3/Earthbound 64 was cancelled.

D

Deleted member 212841

Forget about the games he's in. The games aren't entering the fray, the character is. So let's take a look at him as a character. He's a genetically-engineered super-psychic with an attitude. He's super powerful and he knows it.
The Truth.

Mewtwo's a big boy, so he needs to be a little heavier. But he needs to still be floaty as well. His running speed needs a boost, but his walk speed is fine. It gives him the look of being in control.
I would be pretty disappointed if this change wasn't made, it's pretty unanimous that it is a good idea.

Mewtwo's physical attack is likely as good as it is because of psionic enhancement to his attack (his spoon is freakin' MADE of psychic energy!), so I'd avoid putting any real focus on those. Keep his physical strikes and combos more or less the same; perhaps a slight buff. Boost the power of his smash attacks a bit and maybe add Shadow Claw and Psycho Cut in there somewhere to make him a little flashier.
Good point, although I wouldn't mind some of them being changed to match the attitude you brought up above.

Keep Shadow Ball as his neutral-B, but give it a few tweaks. Keep it the same size as it charges and have him only use one hand, emphasizing how simple such things are for him. <---Lol, yes they should definitely do this.The blasts move at about the same speed as the shots from the Light Gun and each bursts with a small blast of psychic energy on impact. The longer the attack is charged the greater its range and the more intense the blast.
The speed up would be welcome but I'm not sure the blast is really necessary. (I wouldn't complain if they gave it to him though)

Keep Teleport for his up-B and leave it alone. It's range is perfect for warping between platforms mid-combat, making it not only a decent recovery move but also a valuable tool for controlling your own field position. At most maybe make it capable of doubling, like Pikachu's Quick Attack.
Nothing to add, Teleport is awesome.

Change the side-B to Telekinesis. With this Mewtwo casually releases a near invisible wave of psychic energy from his hand that dissipates after a short distance or after hitting something. This attack will turn any projectiles it hits around, sending them back at the attacker AND INFLICTING DAMAGE. Additionally, if it hits an opponent it functions much like a ranged grab, letting him throw them as though he was standing right there. These throws are not as powerful as his normal ones, being weaker the further Mewtwo is from his target.
Okay, so everybody agrees that Confusion's reflection (or well deflection I guess) mechanics were ********. However, I'm not a big fan of a ranged grab attack. For one thing, it wouldn't work with his current down grab where he hits the guy with the tail. It's also kinda cheap having a ranged spike attack. I don't know, I'm just not a big fan of it for some reason. I don't really like the idea of a projectile like attack stopping and doing some weird throw when you could have another cool attack instead. I would rather just see Mewtwo get an extended grab (which wouldn't be a bad idea). I thought about it and what I would like to see instead (all opinions, though) is a sort of psychic push attack. Mewtwo would stick out his arm like in his first jab but instead of just dissipating weak projectiles he would actually reflect them. If it connected with an opponent it would push them backwards a good distance but while doing little to no damage. It would also push Mewtwo back a bit if used in mid-air (whether it connects or not) and could be reflected at him if the opponent uses a shield. This would give him a worthwhile projectile reflector while doubling as a nifty way to get some distance between him and the opponent. What do you think?

Change the down-B to Psychic. With this move, Mewtwo releases a round burst of power that affects characters similarly to Fox's Reflector. Unlike the Reflector, the burst doesn't stay when the button is held, doesn't reflect attacks and affects a somewhat larger area.
Yeah, I was kinda thinking the same sort of thing once since Mewtwo does a lot of bubble burst attacks in the anime. At the same time though, Disable was a cool trick even if it was unpractical. I also wanted to give Mewtwo another projectile attack to add a bit more diversity in his arsenal so I thinking maybe we could turn Disable into one. For example, Disable could pull his arms back (Like you see him do in the beginning of his entry in Pokemon Stadium: http://www.smogon.com/forums/customavatars/avatar5304_7.gif ) and create a quick flash in front of him followed by a small flashing ball that travels quickly horizontally for a bit. The initial flash would work like Melee Disable in that it would put the opponent in a shield break stun mode if the two were facing each other. Additionally, this attack would bypass the opponent's attempts to block it with a shield (like a grab). The orb that shoots out afterward would trip the opponent regardless of the direction they were facing but can be blocked by a shield. If used in the air, the initial flash puts the victim in a helpless falling state (if they had eye contact) while the ball just causes them to tumble. The move would have reasonably short start-up lag but would leave Mewtwo of performing any other action until the attack connects or finishes its travel. This would give him a high risk- high reward close range attack and a ranged attack that could disturb recovery attempts (tumbles are fairly easy to get out of IIRC so they aren't completely screwed) and make approaching a bit easier.

For his Final Smash, Mewtwo would have to use his signature move, Psystrike (despite how AWESOME it would be to see him use his spoon). This would have Mewtwo create a swirling cyclone of energy (much like the manga) that has range around Cook Kirby. Everyone in range would be drawn towards the center, where Mewtwo motions with his arms to create massive slashes that deal massive damage. The cyclone then dissipates, sending the opponents flying as Mewtwo auto-taunts.
Well, wow... Sorry this is so long, but here's my thoughts. What do you think?
I don't think this is close at all to what little we do know about Mewtwo's Psystrike attack. I think that the Off-Wave idea mentioned earlier would be a better. Seeing as Taboo was the big bad boss of Brawl, I think this would follow the big and bad attitude.

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
Seeing as Taboo was the big bad boss of Brawl, I think this would follow the big and bad attitude.
I could see Mewtwo making a great final boss because he was "betrayed" for not being in ssbb. It'd make for an interesting story in the SSE. Maybe he took down Tabuu single handedly or something.

EgyptianSun

Smash Rookie
Okay, so everybody agrees that Confusion's reflection (or well deflection I guess) mechanics were ********. However, I'm not a big fan of a ranged grab attack. For one thing, it wouldn't work with his current down grab where he hits the guy with the tail. It's also kinda cheap having a ranged spike attack. I don't know, I'm just not a big fan of it for some reason. I don't really like the idea of a projectile like attack stopping and doing some weird throw when you could have another cool attack instead. I would rather just see Mewtwo get an extended grab (which wouldn't be a bad idea). I thought about it and what I would like to see instead (all opinions, though) is a sort of psychic push attack. Mewtwo would stick out his arm like in his first jab but instead of just dissipating weak projectiles he would actually reflect them. If it connected with an opponent it would push them backwards a good distance but while doing little to no damage. It would also push Mewtwo back a bit if used in mid-air (whether it connects or not) and could be reflected at him if the opponent uses a shield. This would give him a worthwhile projectile reflector while doubling as a nifty way to get some distance between him and the opponent. What do you think?
I didn't explain that very well did I... It isn't a long-range version of his normal grapple. First and foremost it's a reflector. If it happens to hit someone it momentarily holds them (they can struggle loose) and you can then toss them forward, backward, up, or just make them face plant. To avoid uber-gimping and since there isn't any mid-air grappling anyways, when an airborne opponent is hit it acts more or less like Falco's laser.

:phone:

I don't think this is close at all to what little we do know about Mewtwo's Psystrike attack. I think that the Off-Wave idea mentioned earlier would be a better. Seeing as Taboo was the big bad boss of Brawl, I think this would follow the big and bad attitude.
As your statement expresses, the only thing we know about the move is that it's materialized psychic energy, which means it's wide open to personal interpretation. I wouldn't be opposed to the hit being a pulse or something, but I wouldn't want to be the guy that had to tell Mewtwo that we gave him anything even suggesting a hand-me-down move from last game's big bad. The cyclone pulling everyone in is reminiscent of his storm in the first movie, and is a sweet throwback for the hardcore Mewtwo fans that know his manga incarnation. If the move doesn't seem "bad***" enough for you, picture him doing it while laughing as he effortlessly draws his enemies close for the big hit!

D

Deleted member 212841

I'm posting from a DSi so if things look funny...

I didn't explain that very well did I... It isn't a long-range version of his normal grapple. First and foremost it's a reflector. If it happens to hit someone it momentarily holds them (they can struggle loose) and you can then toss them forward, backward, up, or just make them face plant. To avoid uber-gimping and since there isn't any mid-air grappling anyways, when an airborne opponent is hit it acts more or less like Falco's laser.
Ehh, like I said I just don't like the idea of a projectile like grab. It just seems kinda weird to execute especially when it's main point is to reflect stuff (or well I guess you grab the projectiles. Can you decide which way you throw them?).

Plot twist; Tabuu is Mewtwo's evolved form. :troll:
No, no it's:
Armored Mewtwo -> Melee Mewtwo -> Tabuu -> RBY/Sm4sh Mewtwo

4 Stage evolution line FTW!

As your statement expresses, the only thing we know about the move is that it's materialized psychic energy, which means it's wide open to personal interpretation. I wouldn't be opposed to the hit being a pulse or something, but I wouldn't want to be the guy that had to tell Mewtwo that we gave him anything even suggesting a hand-me-down move from last game's big bad. The cyclone pulling everyone in is reminiscent of his storm in the first movie, and is a sweet throwback for the hardcore Mewtwo fans that know his manga incarnation. If the move doesn't seem "bad***" enough for you, picture him doing it while laughing as he effortlessly draws his enemies close for the big hit!
Actually, according to Bulbapedia the in-game description is: "The user materalizes an odd wave to attack", or something like that... like I said I'm using a DSi so I can't copy and paste directly. The important part is that it says an odd wave which makes me think Tabuu.

D

Deleted member

If one watches the animation used for it in B/W or the one for B2/W2, they will see that it even LOOKS similar to Tabuu's Off Waves.

EgyptianSun

Smash Rookie
I wouldn't want Mewtwo to have anything of Tabuu's, because I think Tabuu's kind of lame. But that's just my personal opinion.

At any rate, my main point is that we should stop trying to figure out how to make him true to his other games. You know, the one's that aren't involved in SSB.
Also, Mewtwo with his spoon should totally be a trophy!

D

Deleted member

Stop trying to make him true to his other games, eh?

Fine, let's keep him as a lightweight. :troll:

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Why would we not want him to hold truer to his game self when it was much better than what we got in melee?

EgyptianSun

Smash Rookie
I agree. But going from the other posts I had read it felt like so much focus was being put on other games that the actual character himself was being eclipsed. But apparently that's just me. I'll just keep my opinions to myself then, shall I? .

D

Deleted member

Not that this means anything in the long run, but in one of the downloadable tournaments for B2/W2's World Tournament features 4 Gym Leaders who use a Legendary Pokemon.

One is Sabrina.
Her Legendary? Mewtwo. 0_o

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Considering that the download explicitly states "The Battle of Legendary Pokémon!", you shouldn't be surprised that a Psychic Gym Leader would use a Psychic type Legendary Pokémon.

What, were you expecting Delibird and Luvdisc in that download or something?

D

Deleted member

If you weren't so busy trying to be a smartass and failing miserably, you would realize that there's PLENTY more than just Mewtwo in the Psychic Legendary department.

EDIT: And even if you read my post again without trying to be a smartass, I clearly stated that it was a tournament for Gym Leaders using Legendary Pokemon.
However, the main source of confusion was that of all things, we have Sabrina using Mewtwo of all Pokemon, when in canon, there is only one of them, unlike say, Lugia, who Falkner uses. There is more than one of those in existance. Winona using Rayquaza? Plausible; it's possible for there to be more than one Rayquaza. Giratina, like Fantina's? HG/SS showed that there can be more than one.

Even Mew would have made more sense to use.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Yeah, they could've had Sabrina's legendary be Mew, Deoxys, Cresselia, any one of the legendary psychic trio from gen IV, or any of the legendary dual-types that are part psychic in general, yet they chose Mewtwo. Kinda tells me something. It is rather fitting though with how similar they sort of are.

D

Deleted member

True. Judging by Sabrina's character, she may be the only one that can tame Mewtwo's savage heart IMO.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Victini, Jirachi, Celebi...

I guess though, it makes sense seeing as the other gym leaders were using legendaries from their region/generation.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
True. Judging by Sabrina's character, she may be the only one that can tame Mewtwo's savage heart IMO.
Silver controlled Mewtwo in Pokemon Stadium, along with Lugia and Ho-oh.

Mysterial in Pokemon Battle Revolution also used Mewtwo. Plus Groudon, Kyogre, Lugia, Ho-oh, Dialga, Palkia, Latios, Cresselia, Uxie, Azelf, and Mesprit too.

Edward and Purple Eyes in Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs controlled Mewtwo that acted as the final boss.

Also if other media counts, Giovanni temporarily controlled Mewtwo in Mewtwo Strikes Back, Blaine and Red teamed up with Mewtwo in Pokemon Adventures, and Blue had Mewtwo under his ownership in Pokemon Pocket Monsters.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I concur.

Victini, Jirachi, Celebi...

I guess though, it makes sense seeing as the other gym leaders were using legendaries from their region/generation.
Well if we're going by the generation thing, Sabrina could've still had Mew, which as Golden pointed out, would've arguably made more sense.

Silver controlled Mewtwo in Pokemon Stadium, along with Lugia and Ho-oh.

Mysterial in Pokemon Battle Revolution also used Mewtwo. Plus Groudon, Kyogre, Lugia, Ho-oh, Dialga, Palkia, Latios, Cresselia, Uxie, Azelf, and Mesprit too.

Edward and Purple Eyes in Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs controlled Mewtwo that acted as the final boss.

Also if other media counts, Giovanni temporarily controlled Mewtwo in Mewtwo Strikes Back, Blaine and Red teamed up with Mewtwo in Pokemon Adventures, and Blue had Mewtwo under his ownership in Pokemon Pocket Monsters.
I would say some of those definitely don't count, especially like Silver in PKMN Stadium 2 (Mewtwo was a standalone boss in the 1st Stadium, btw). Ho-oh's Pokedex entries mention the whole thing about it only showing itself to pure-hearted trainers, and we sure as hell know Silver isn't pure of heart. Etc, etc. Not that it really has ever had to make sense as to why or how some opponents were able to own/control certain ubers like Mewtwo in some games. The idea of someone like Sabrina taming Mewtwo's heart does make more sense though in comparison.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
It could've been a combination of things:

-Rayquaza would only have competition form Kyogre because of there not being a ground type gym and is arguably more popular than him. He also had the benefit of appearing in all 3 of the 3rd gens games. It also would've been weird if they used Deoxys because the psychic gym leader is a duo...

-Giratina shares the spotlight with Dialga and Palkia, although in the games he was the only one represented in Platinum, Diamond and Pearl.

-Lugia and Ho-oh appear in both of their gens games but it's widely considered that Lugia is more popular and is the one with the movie. Correct me if i'm wrong but I'm pretty sure non of the other legendaries from that gen have gym leaders that deal with their type.

-Mewtwo shares gen 1's legendaries in all games but is easily the most represented and popular in outclassing Mew.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Ho-oh was supposed to have a movie but it got cancelled sadly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPK-nwpHY1M

Don't know if the Lugia in that trailer was the same one from the 2nd movie, but would've preferred that over most of the other movies that we got, not that I'm big on the anime anymore, and I'm one of the few that actually likes Ho-oh over Lugia, though the latter is definitely more popular, mostly because of having a movie at one point.

Other than that I believe you're right, though Mewtwo being more popular than Mew is kinda debatable. Every place I've seen Mew has always been more popular because of its rarity and versatility with its movepool, though I like and prefer Mewtwo over it still.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Ho-oh was supposed to have a movie but it got cancelled sadly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPK-nwpHY1M

Don't know if the Lugia in that trailer was the same one from the 2nd movie, but would've preferred that over most of the other movies that we got, not that I'm big on the anime anymore, and I'm one of the few that actually likes Ho-oh over Lugia, though the latter is definitely more popular, mostly because of having a movie at one point.

Other than that I believe you're right, though Mewtwo being more popular than Mew is kinda debatable. Every place I've seen Mew has always been more popular because of its rarity and versatility with its movepool, though I like and prefer Mewtwo over it still.
O_o Ho-oh vs Lugia!!!

Also he may(not sure) be more popular among competitive people but the fact that Mew is so hard to get might actually work against him when looking at casuals. Nobody I know has even had a Mew and it's hard to appreciate something you don't have.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
O_o Ho-oh vs Lugia!!!

Also he may(not sure) be more popular among competitive people but the fact that Mew is so hard to get might actually work against him when looking at casuals. Nobody I know has even had a Mew and it's hard to appreciate something you don't have.
I liked how Ho-oh was just casually dodging Lugia's attacks during most of those seconds in the trailer, when Lugia's normally a little faster (at least in metagame). lol

And yeah, I guess that's always true, though in the first games there were a couple in-game glitches one could use to get Mew without the use of a game-altering device like Gameshark or Action Replay. Getting Mew in 3rd gen and beyond though I suppose is another story outside of events... Mew in general I've always found overrated though from a competitive standpoint, but love it as a Pokemon otherwise, especially since without it there would've been no Mewtwo.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I liked how Ho-oh was just casually dodging Lugia's attacks during most of those seconds in the trailer, when Lugia's normally a little faster (at least in metagame). lol

And yeah, I guess that's always true, though in the first games there were a couple in-game glitches one could use to get Mew without the use of a game-altering device like Gameshark or Action Replay. Getting Mew in 3rd gen and beyond though I suppose is another story outside of events... Mew in general I've always found overrated though from a competitive standpoint, but love it as a Pokemon otherwise, especially since without it there would've been no Mewtwo.
Yeah, and I've never seen an Ice Beam stop a Flamethrower before.

I like both of them but have a clear preference for Mewtwo. I always wanted a Mew but even if I got one I wouldn't like it more than my Mewtwo. For now I'll settle for my Lv.100 Mewtwo with his awesome Psystrike attack.:awesome:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Yeah, and I've never seen an Ice Beam stop a Flamethrower before.

I like both of them but have a clear preference for Mewtwo. I always wanted a Mew but even if I got one I wouldn't like it more than my Mewtwo. For now I'll settle for my Lv.100 Mewtwo with his awesome Psystrike attack.:awesome:
Well that's Pokemon anime logic for ya. They should've been using Aeroblast and Sacred Fire in the trailer respectively. :awesome:

And same here. None of the Mews I've had (whether it was a hacked or legit one) I liked using quite as much as Mewtwo, even before it got to have Psystrike and some of the fancier moves it has now, but that just gives me another reason.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Y'know guys...

Mewtwo's 'Shadow Claw' should be a disjointed hitbox imo...

D

Deleted member

I posted this in the Genesect thread, but I felt it applies here too.

My theory about Mewtwo appearing in Genesect's movie seems to be more plausible.
Or at least this next thing is hinting at a appeance in the anime sometime soon.

http://www.pocketmonsters.net/ib/threads/3285

There are styluses based on Pokemon with recent important appearances.
Pikachu-Do you really have to guess why?
Eevee-Owned by one of Ash's rivals from the Unova Cup, who has a whole Team Eevee, with an unevolved Eevee as the leader.
Charizard-The poster for the N arc hints at Ash's Charizard making a return.
Dragonite-Iris' Dragonite. The stylus art even has the angry face.
Genesect-Presumably a main point within the new arc as hinted by the poster, as well as the star of the upcoming movie.
and....Mewtwo?

What has Mewtwo got to do with all of this? Is he to appear in the new arc in some way? Is he going to be a star of the upcoming movie?
IS MEWTWO VS. GENESECT GOING TO BE REAL?

One thing's for sure, no matter what happens, if Mewtwo wasn't extremely likely to return to Smash already, he is surefire for Smash at this point. Maybe Genesect will follow suit to drag their supposed rivalry there.

EDIT: And on a non Genesect or Mewtwo related note, I'm also willing to bet that Charizard and Dragonite are going to be rivals. :laugh:

EDIT 2: Well, this one kind of furthers that point, with the two appearing on the same projector ball.
http://www.pocketmonsters.net/ib/threads/3288
But aside from that...is that....LUCARIO? Seems he isn't so likely to be removed if he's still so marketable. Although, there is the fact that another of Ash's rivals from the Unova Cup has a Riolu....and it's pretty much confirmed that it's going to evolve in two weeks during their battle.
Another interesting fact is that the Pokemon Smash! television show in Japan, which had formerly had the Zoroark costume replace the Lucario costume of the former Pokemon Sunday show, just recently re-replaced the two. That's right; Zoroark was replaced by Lucario on the show.

Could it really be that Mewtwo fans and Lucario fans finally don't have to worry anymore?
Smash 4 will have Mewtwo, Lucario, and Genesect. You heard from me first.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
1st Generation will always be the best known. Which is why Mewtwo is still a pretty safe inclusion.

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
Awesome to hear that Golden!
I like what I'm hearing there. Genesect would be a really different character. That'd be pretty cool.

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
Bring him back, make him feel like he's actually 260 pounds, replace Disable with his brand new Psystrike, and he's ready to go.
about a year ago i made a moveset for mewtwo. here it is.

Jab-same in melee
Up tilt-same
forward-same in melee
down-same in melee

Nair-same in melee-3-20%
Up air-same in melee but with KO power at 130+%-10%
Fair-same in melee but drastically more powerful-(Star KOs Captain Falcon at 110%)-14%
Bair-same in melee, but faster-5-9%
Dair-blasts a burst of energy downward, spiking (not meteor smashing) the enemy.-13%

Usmash-same in melee, but weaker and more combo potential-11-23%
Fsmash-drastically stronger-KOs around 125% sweetspotted-sour spot-10-16% sweetspotted 18-25%
Dsmash-Faster, increased range, and enough power to KO samus (one of the hardest fighters to KO horizontally) at 100%-20-27%

B-Shadow Ball-same in Melee-5-25%
Up B-Teleport-same in melee, press a when reappearing to use a fast Low Sweep, tripping the foe. This attack deals 5%
Side B-Psycho Cut-Mewtwo uses energy to form a light blue crescent blade. He blasts it away from him. Its quite fast, can cut through most projectiles, and has little lag overall. Great edgeguard option as it has larger hitboxes than Shadow Ball. Ko ability at 130% 12%
Down B-Barrier-Mewtwo forms a barrier of dark blue energy around him. Reflects projectiles and can blast to the opponent in mid air. However, it has long ending lag

Pummel-same in melee
Uthrow-same in melee, slightly stronger
Fthrow-same in melee
Bthrow-same in melee
Dthrow-same in melee

FINAL SMASH
Psystrike-focuses mind and lifts up foes in this ring of dark blue energy. The energy burns the foe, causing 25% damage. Using telekinesis, it throws the foes at remarkable force, slightly weaker than Marth's final smash in Brawl.

Weight-same as link
Jump-same in Melee
FAll-same as mario
Fast fall-slightly faster than Falco
Dash Speed-Faster than Meta Knight
Walk speed-faster than Link

Taunt Side-Eyes glow a dark blue
Taunt Up-same in melee
Taunt Down-HAnds electrify and it says "I am undefeatable" in a sinister voice.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I like the idea for the D Air. And agree with most changes. However, I would fix his F Throw to for example to do more damage. And also buff his U Smash in doing more damage, and having less lag afterwards. His Jab could also use a lot better priority, as well as his F Air. And N Air should always start with around 5% damage minimal (as sometimes in Melee it did about 1~3% damage). F Smash could be a lot faster to I feel. But however, I do like the thought of him being faster than Meta Knight and about Link's weight.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
If they put Mewtwo back in, I sure hope they make him a total badass. He's a legendary, for pete's sake, and to this day he resides. He was for all intent and purposes the final boss of RGBY. To this day he's near the top of the metagame (in the few tournaments where he's allowed).

Basically, in the hands of a high-level AI or a skilled player, Mewtwo should be the most powerful character in SSB, save perhaps for a Ganondorf that isn't a Captain Falcon clone.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
People seem so confident that he'll be in. Isn't the fact he was cut from the last game a reason why he won't come back? It seems odd for Nintendo to cut him and then bring him back. I know he was intended for Brawl, but still.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
People seem so confident that he'll be in. Isn't the fact he was cut from the last game a reason why he won't come back? It seems odd for Nintendo to cut him and then bring him back. I know he was intended for Brawl, but still.

No, I don't think him being cut affects his chances very much. If anything, the backlas from him being cut will probably push Sakurai to consider bringing him back(as well as possibly steering him away from cutting additional characters).

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
Mewtwo will be in this game, there is some promotion in the form of styluses for 3ds or ds. he got Psystrike in 2010. Japanese are crazy for him, as well as americans ( i know i am) and he was planned for all 3 smash games. Good chance of being back.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Okay if Mewtwo returned, then there is no chance that both Lucario and Zoroark could make an appearance. Of these three characters, only two can be in SSB4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom