• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Mewtwo is by far my favorite Pokemon. I loved him so much in Melee, and I'd love him to make a return.

Miko

Smash Cadet
^^^ I like Rayquaza, but his power and awesomeness is not in the same damn dimension as Mewtwo. Mewtwo is the simply THEE awesome, powerful, and BAMF Pokémon!

I just want any real scale of weight. Really the metric would be the simplest for most people to understand, but any sort of real scale.

I get what you're saying. You don't want DK to take forever to kill and Jigglypuff get one hit KO'd by every attack. That makes sense. However, I would like slightly lower lows and a bit higher highs in terms of weight (especially since most "heavy" characters tend to be fairly weak).
This. All of this.

Yes.

D

Deleted member 212841

So I was talking with a friend about Mewtwo in Smash 4 and I want to share with you guys something he showed me: (don't know if it has already been mentioned in the Music thread)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqucnumB0QE

This would totally be an awesome theme song for Mewtwo.

Another thing we talked about were the multitude of weak, stupid tail attacks that don't fit Mewtwo very much at all. Normally, Mewtwo uses attacks like Thunderbolt and Ice Beam, right? So how about Mewtwo using elemental tail attacks? Like his down tilt could have a slight shock or his back air burning. It would be a way to make Mewtwo more closely resemble his traditional, in-game self while making sure he doesn't become some sort of boring camper. Mewtwo is already a super cool odd-ball and elemental tail attacks would help reinforce that image. (along with giving him a much needed buff) It's not completely unusual for him to use such attacks since, back in RBY, the typing of attacks decided whether it was specially based or not. So, using "Thunder Whip" or "Fire Flick" on your in-game Mewtwo wouldn't be completely ********. Sure, it's a stretch but so are many of Mewtwo's attacks in Smash.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I posted both of his music themes for the 1st Pokemon Stadium earlier in this thread actually. Still agree though that it would be awesome to have.

As for elemental tail attacks, not a bad idea. I guess Iron Tail could be one of them, and then take it from there.

D

Deleted member 212841

Yeah, I also found out that it was used in Project M, too. (There were two themes?)

Yeah, Iron Tail can be used for his meteor smash or his forward tilt. I'd like to see confusion and disable go. I liked the idea mentioned earlier in the thread (mind you it has been about week so I'm fuzzy on the details) of combining the two. I'd also like to see some strange attack with a reference to RBY. Like when it connects it inverts the colors of the guy it hits and makes some GBA sounds or something. (like with Psychic, Psywave, etc.)

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
In want No. 150 to have a downward Smash Attack that hits both sides, not just one side.

He was the only one that does that. Why?

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Yeah, I also found out that it was used in Project M, too. (There were two themes?)

Yeah, Iron Tail can be used for his meteor smash or his forward tilt. I'd like to see confusion and disable go. I liked the idea mentioned earlier in the thread (mind you it has been about week so I'm fuzzy on the details) of combining the two. I'd also like to see some strange attack with a reference to RBY. Like when it connects it inverts the colors of the guy it hits and makes some GBA sounds or something. (like with Psychic, Psywave, etc.)
Yeah, he had two themes in the 1st Stadium. The first one is this that you hear when selecting to battle Mewtwo and preparing for a team to face him with,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MtoAPgCmPg

and his actual battle theme in Stadium when fighting him is the one you posted.

That last idea would be.. weird, but unique. I like it.

D

Deleted member 212841

Ah, I remember that song, now. It would be really nice to have in Smash 4, too.

In want No. 150 to have a downward Smash Attack that hits both sides, not just one side.

He was the only one that does that. Why?
Actually, I would rather see his odd moves be expanded on instead. Like that down smash could have a buffed hitbox and be able to meteor. That would build up his edge guarding game.

(Is it just me or is my text too dark of a red? Can you guys read it easily enough?)

Edit: Is this purple better?

poega

Smash Apprentice
Actually, I would rather see his odd moves be expanded on instead. Like that down smash could have a buffed hitbox and be able to meteor. That would build up his edge guarding game.

(Is it just me or is my text too dark of a red? Can you guys read it easily enough?)
to answer your question: Hell no!

CAB77

Smash Rookie
How about replace Confusion with Psychic? Psychic would work and control similarly to Zelda's Din's Fire, in that is is fast and controllable. A purple aura would be the physical incarnation of it. When land the attack, instead of doing damage like DF, what if it acted like a grab, and you could throw a character in any given direction?

Maybe it can't be used in quick succession, unlike DF, to prevent characters from being chain-thrown off the top of the screen.

Also, if Teleport also teleported any nearby characters, that'd be cool. Mewtwo teleports with Mario standing next to him, they both appear in-relation to how they were, but Mario is in his idle-fall animation, whereas Mewtwo can still attack?

Carlo_H.Luz

Smash Apprentice
Mewtwo has to be in brawl and everybody knows it! He deserves the place more than jigglypuff (with all respect) Mewtwo must be in ssb4

Powerstars

Smash Apprentice
I would kiss the ground Sakurai stood on if he put Mewtwo back in. And now is a decent time, as we just had Mewtwo as an event Pokemon, so he's relevant again!

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Also, if Teleport also teleported any nearby characters, that'd be cool. Mewtwo teleports with Mario standing next to him, they both appear in-relation to how they were, but Mario is in his idle-fall animation, whereas Mewtwo can still attack?
So what, now he's Nightcrawler or something? Really though, that'd be an awesome use for his teleport. Surprised me nor anyone else thought of it before. Wouldn't mind Psychic being something like Den's Fire either.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
I have a really cool new moveset in mind for Mewtwo, but Smash Bords wont let me post it becuz it keeps loging me out and this is like the 5th time I tryed so I probably wasted like 5 hours of my life so I give up...
Anyways Mewtwo has to come back to Smash we need him! And he needs MAJOR buffs all around, increase his speed in all aspects, on the ground and especially in ALL of his attacks, keep his floatiness but make him a heavy weight. Its not fair that a large target like that should be so slow and light. Make his grab ranged, change his Down B & Side B into something thats actually usefull and change his Dair.

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
Write the moveset, copy it to your clipboard, log in again, paste.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
I am very much expecting Mewtwo to make a return. Lucas inherited a couple of his attacks like Up Smash, Down Smash and N Air, so I expect him to get a major over haul.

I like the Din's Fire Psychic idea, to control or throw opponents from a distance.

:phone:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Write the moveset, copy it to your clipboard, log in again, paste.
Yes, do this please. I'm curious about it now since it was brought up.

And Mewtwo's d-air was fine to me, but I have no problems with his down and side specials being strengthened, slightly altered, or otherwise changed.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Why can't they make him have a normal sized head like in those recolors...*sigh*

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
No characters aside from main characters "need" to come back, but even I cannot ignore that Mewtwo is popular enough to warrant himself a spot. His following is really quite dedicated to seeing him appear again. If only Lucario, Mewtwo, and Zoroark could co-exist, but the thought of all 3 humanoid pokemon getting in feels so unlikely. *siiiigh*

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Mewtwo is by far and away my most wanted character for Smash

He's my favorite Pokemon other than Starmie, and unlike the other members of the Melee Fallen Five, he actually had a unique moveset

My one wish, my one simple wish for Smash above all else... is for the original strongest Pokemon to come back

NOT as an AT, Pokeball Pokemon, trophy, Adventure Mode boss, or a sticker

Not even as a DLC character

I want him to come back as a playable character on the initial roster

I don't even care if he's a starter character, even though I much prefer him as an unlockable like he was in Melee, I just want him back :(

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I actually wouldn't mind if he was one of those guys that was ridiculous/time-consuming to unlock again as a throwback to SSBM. He and Melee Game & Watch were some of the first characters I had odd memories of boosting overnight with a friend just to get.

D

Deleted member

I actually wouldn't mind if he was one of those guys that was ridiculous/time-consuming to unlock again as a throwback to SSBM. He and Melee Game & Watch were some of the first characters I had odd memories of boosting overnight with a friend just to get.
It'd totally be worth it.

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
On those Mewtwo colors: give the last one a brighter green for the tail. Because then he would look like Shiny Mewtwo.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
On those Mewtwo colors: give the last one a brighter green for the tail. Because then he would look like Shiny Mewtwo.
If you look at the default color, you'll notice that the tail color is not brightly colored purple. The shiny coloration was made to follow the same routine as the default color.

D

Deleted member

Lol, this board's very own Pieman claims that Pokemon Trainer "replaced" Mewtwo. :laugh:

His logic? The Trainer comes from the same Generation.

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?
Lol, this board's very own Pieman claims that Pokemon Trainer "replaced" Mewtwo. :laugh:

Both of them being from the first Gen is the only thing they have in common and the only legit argument, everything else about them compared are irrelevant. Mewtwo's gamestyle plays nothing like PT.

This Pieman sounds like an intelligent fella.

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
If mewtwo caem back, i would love for hime to be broken> I MEAN Like its the strongest pokmeon before that arceus and kyruem things came out. At least he should be one of teh best. And plus, mewtwo is fast (130 base speed) it should be fast on air AND on ground as well and about half of his attacks should be quick.

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?
If mewtwo caem back, i would love for hime to be broken> I MEAN Like its the strongest pokmeon before that arceus and kyruem things came out. At least he should be one of teh best. And plus, mewtwo is fast (130 base speed) it should be fast on air AND on ground as well and about half of his attacks should be quick.
wat is dis i don even

D

Deleted member

Oh I saw that. I want him to come here and defend his stance on Mewtwo and King K. Rool.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Pichu was quite nimble in Melee, and yet its base speed in the RPGs is only 60. Likewise, Charizard is very sluggish as a walker, despite of its base speed of 100.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
There is only one thing I have against Mewtwo's return. What makes him special over Roy and Dr. Mario? I would only put Mewtwo into my roster if Roy or Dr. Mario had their own game recently.

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom