• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You would have Mewtwo be the same weight as... Luigi?

EDIT: Don't you already have Mewtwo on that scale as 13? Your post has thoroughly confused me.
On that scale, I believe Mewtwo's weight is based on his Melee weight, which is 13 according to that scale. M&SG wants his weight to be increased to 20.
Apparently, you don't fully understand how my weight scale works...

Weight Scale
1: King K. Rool
2: Bowser
3-4: Donkey Kong, Emboar
5-7: Samus, Dark Samus, King Dedede
8-9: Ganondorf, Black Shadow
10-11: Samurai Goroh, Ike
12-14: Wario, Mewtwo, R.O.B.
15-17: Link, Captain Falcon, Mega Man
18-20: Ridley, Wolf, Palutena
21-23: Rosalina, Lucario, Zoroark
24-27: Mario, Yoshi, Luigi, Sonic
28-29: Little Mac, Takamaru
30-31: Isaac, Saki
32-33: Pit, Black Mage
34-35: Ness, Lucas
36-38: Bowser Jr., Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong
39-40: Toon Link, Ice Climbers
41-43: Peach, Leon, Marth
44-46: Falco, Servine, Pac-Man
47-48: Zelda, Impa
49-50: Meta Knight, Fox
51-53: Zero Suit Samus, Krystal, Pikachu
54-56: Kirby, Bandanna Waddle Dee, Ray Mk III
57-59: Oshawott, Olimar, Starfy
60: Mr. Game & Watch
61: Jigglypuff
As my list shows, there are 26 weight levels, and the fraction that I used pretty much follows that list; 26/26 is heaviest, while 1/26 is lightest. Basically, when I stated 20/26 for Mewtwo's weight, its weight attribute would be at the same level as Wario and R.O.B..

Now, since Brawl Wario's weight attribute is 107, and I depict Mewtwo rivaling Wario's weight, Mewtwo's weight attribute would be 107 as well. But because the character weight attributes are almost always different with each Smash Bros. sequel, I used a fraction system to input weights instead.

Miko

Smash Cadet
Apparently, you don't fully understand how my weight scale works...

As my list shows, there are 26 weight levels, and the fraction that I used pretty much follows that list; 26/26 is heaviest, while 1/26 is lightest. Basically, when I stated 20/26 for Mewtwo's weight, its weight attribute would be at the same level as Wario and R.O.B..

Now, since Brawl Wario's weight attribute is 107, and I depict Mewtwo rivaling Wario's weight, Mewtwo's weight attribute would be 107 as well. But because the character weight attributes are almost always different with each Smash Bros. sequel, I used a fraction system to input weights instead.
Right, now the scale makes sense; no offence, but you could have explained the scale more clearly - or rather, not called it a scale, seeing as scales can be graphs representing indiscrete points on a range of values (values that can occur at any point between each other), whereas the numbers on your 'scale' refer to the rankings of characters by weight... still technically a scale, since the values could be placed on one, but it would make so much more sense if the title was "Rankings by Weight", rather than "Weight Scale" IMO

^and that's not meaning to be rude, it is intended to be honest, constructive criticism =) also, sorry for going OT

Back to Mewtwo, being a 269 pound, 6'7" monster, he has to be heavier than Ike; so your weight class 22 would seem much more appropriate, surely?

D

Deleted member

Don't bring canon weights into this.
Wario is 308 lbs, Charizard is 199 lbs, yet Charizard is heavier than Wario by 3 intervals.

EDIT: And don't get me started on Snake....

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Mewtwo can learn Teleport via TM in generation 1 - it was something i was going to mention, but i thought mentioning something which wasn't an issue might make my post even more confusing >.< but yes, i didn't like the whole 'Rayquaza used dig' thing, but that doesn't mean we can't try and keep Mewtwo canon :S
What do you mean exactly by keeping Mewtwo canon? Him having the same kind of speed stat, etc. in Smash as he has in the Pokemon games, while having nothing he normally can't learn like with the boss Rayquaza example? After Melee I kinda doubt the former would happen, and I don't mind some of the latter happening if it makes him more diverse some as far as moveset. I don't mind Mewtwo having any certain PKMN technique in Smash actually as long as it feels believable and doesn't seem silly with him using it or something.

Dig wasn't the only inconsistency with Rayquaza. The one in Brawl lived underwater when according to Pokedex it lives in the earth's ozone layer, and the only thing it eats or feeds on is water particles in the atmosphere, whereas the one in Brawl tried to eat Diddy alive before Fox saved him. That kinda tells me Sakurai doesn't hardly know jack **** about his pokeymanz, let alone Mewtwo perhaps, which may explain why he was the slowest playable PKMN in Melee among other stuff, but I won't be too harsh on that since he was a rushed last-minute character.

And if Mewtwo is to have or produce some kind of extension for physical attacks, I'd still prefer it be in the form of a psionic knife or something rather than a spoon (and not just for Psycho Cut), since as mentioned earlier, the majority of the world hasn't read the Pokemon manga and would likely get too big a WTF reaction out of him having a spoon in-game.

And i would say strong tilts, but i fear our hypothetical Mewtwo becoming OP (i'd rather play a sub-par Mewtwo than a god-tier one), and also tilts with little knockback lead to more combo-ability (whatever potential for combo-ability there will be in SSB4, which following the trend from 64->Melee->Brawl will be... none v.v)
As mentioned earlier as well, I think it makes more sense for someone like Mewtwo to be overpowered than it does for like Fox or Meta Knight. Having one character that's better than the rest tends to be inevitable in games like these, whether it was intended by the developers or not, and if anyone should be OP, it's Mewtwo. Personally wouldn't mind reliving the days of him having the kind of power that he did as a final boss in the 1st Pokemon Stadium, when he was at his strongest.

And since Namco's involved with the gameplay, I don't think SSB4 will follow that previous trend Smash has had with combos, so Mewtwo's tilts leading to possible combos would be a plus in this case.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
so i managed to find that old moveset i posted something like 3 years ago. i would post it now - in fact i tried to but my phone is refusing to post the entire thing and will not let me make the needed edits.

i'll post it in here when i'm able to get to an actual computer so long as there's interest; i came up with it when i was playing mewtwo quite a bit in tournament

:phone:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Just looked again and according to the usual sources, Teleport isn't even a TM in the 1st gen. Also still seeing that Mewtwo can't learn Teleport in any generation period, and my older Game Boy games are too scarce around the house right now for me to play R/B/Y and test that.
Ahem.

Double ahem.

What usual sources are you talking about? Bulbapedia is usually accurate when it comes to this stuff.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Ahem.

Double ahem.

What usual sources are you talking about? Bulbapedia is usually accurate when it comes to this stuff.
I was looking at Serebii and the like, but since Bulbapedia tends to be more reliable more often than not, I'll concede there as far as the Mewtwo and Teleport thing.

@ MEWTWOMASTER2002: I don't remember exactly where it was stated, but recall it being that way in-game (at least like in the 4th gen) and heard that from someone else too, but if it's incorrect then I'll undo that part of my post. Rayquaza in Brawl was still a mess with how it was repped in the SSE either way though.

Steelia

Smash Champion
That kinda tells me Sakurai doesn't hardly know jack **** about his pokeymanz, let alone Mewtwo perhaps, which may explain why he was the slowest playable PKMN in Melee among other stuff, but I won't be too harsh on that since he was a rushed last-minute character.
While I'd agree that Sakurai (or whomever was working on Mewtwo at the time) didn't do their research, Mewtwo wasn't last minute...? SSBM was ahead of schedule when they finished the initial roster; the 6 clones (Doc, Ganon, Falco, Ylink, Pichu, Roy) were the "last minute" add-ons to the game.

And if Mewtwo is to have or produce some kind of extension for physical attacks, I'd still prefer it be in the form of a psionic knife or something rather than a spoon (and not just for Psycho Cut), since as mentioned earlier, the majority of the world hasn't read the Pokemon manga and would likely get too big a WTF reaction out of him having a spoon in-game.
His tail is still great, too. But while the majority might go "wth" to seeing him randomly using a giant spoon, it makes more sense than characters like Falcon or Fox having random fire moves (Falcon Punch, Firefox), when previously they didn't have those kinds of elements at all.
I wouldn't get my hopes up for a giant spoon anyway... )':

And as for Dragon Pulse getting reflected... it is effected by Mirror Coat; Mirror Coat reflects all Special-based Pkmn attacks. However, Fox didn't use Mirror Coat, he just used his Reflector... which can reflect anything from Samus's missiles to Mewtwo's Shadow Ball to Toad's spores... lol

D

Deleted member

On the Rayquaza issue, I think it was a case similar to the Halberd takeover scene, in that the explanation for why Rayquaza was in the lake to begin with was scrapped.

Rayquaza is a territorial Pokemon, and apparently had an issue with the fallen Arwing (it attacked it first before snatching Diddy Kong, possibly because it thought Diddy had something to do with it).
This leads me to believe that as the Arwing was crashlanding from the Halberd's attack, it was falling within Rayquaza's territory, and thus Rayquaza tried to destroy it. Naturally, Fox fought back, and probably shot down Rayquaza, causing it to fall into the lake. Time passes by, then cue Diddy Kong.
Either that, or the Arwing crashlanded into Rayquaza itself, and both fell.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
While I'd agree that Sakurai (or whomever was working on Mewtwo at the time) didn't do their research, Mewtwo wasn't last minute...? SSBM was ahead of schedule when they finished the initial roster; the 6 clones (Doc, Ganon, Falco, Ylink, Pichu, Roy) were the "last minute" add-ons to the game.
I've always heard people say that Mewtwo was one of the last minute characters for Melee like Sonic was with Brawl, and it kinda made sense to me with him having some things that you can tell weren't really worked on, like how Confusion wouldn't do damage if you used it to reflect a projectile at the right time, and such.

As for the spoon, no argument here I guess.

However, Fox didn't use Mirror Coat, he just used his Reflector... which can reflect anything from Samus's missiles to Mewtwo's Shadow Ball to Toad's spores... lol
But it can't reflect things like Samus's Zero Laser and other huge projectiles of that sort, so why could it reflect something as massive as Ray's Dragon Pulse? I guess this isn't really the place to debate that though, so I'll stop there..

Mewtwo 4 Sm4sh!

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
@ MEWTWOMASTER2002: I don't remember exactly where it was stated, but recall it being that way in-game (at least like in the 4th gen) and heard that from someone else too, but if it's incorrect then I'll undo that part of my post.
You might be thinking of Magic Coat, which reflects all moves that cause only status effects, stat changes, and really any move that doesn't cause direct or indirect damage (with the exception of Leech Seed). Since Dragon Pulse does cause direct damage, it goes right through Magic Coat.

Mirror Coat does bounce Dragon Pulse back at double the damage, however.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Yeah, that's what I was probably thinking of then. Thanks.

Miko

Smash Cadet
I meant keeping the smash Mewtwo as consistant as possible with the Pokemon world Mewtwo; and yes, Mewtwo is the only smash character deserving of being god-tier, but playing overpowered characters is less fun than playing underpowered ones... or rather, it's more of a challenge - destroying your friends in smash is always fun. :3

Gune

Smash Lord
well i dont really see mewtwo coming back not that he isnt deserving of a spot but he was cut and i dont think adding a charecter after you cut it is very likely IMO

D

Deleted member

well i dont really see mewtwo coming back not that he isnt deserving of a spot but he was cut and i dont think adding a charecter after you cut it is very likely IMO
Well it is the most wanted character for Smash 4. That's got to count for something.

Lechteron

Smash Apprentice
It really says some thing about how awesome Mewtwo is when so many people want him back in and he was terrible in his one showing.

Edit: He was fun to play as but over all not a good fighter.

Steelia

Smash Champion
...Not sure if anyone will care about this one, but

http://www.pokemon.com/powerbracket/us/

There's a Legendary Pokemon popularity poll going on at the official site. It's in the semifinals; Mew VS. Celebi (Mew has the upperhand), and Mewtwo VS. Rayquaza. So far, Mewtwo's losing by about a 14% deficit. While him making it this far is really remarkable, it doesn't hurt to help him get to the finals at the very least.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Psh, everyone knows Mewtwo ice beams Rayquaza back to the ozone layer. :p

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21

There's a Legendary Pokemon popularity poll going on at the official site. It's in the semifinals; Mew VS. Celebi (Mew has the upperhand), and Mewtwo VS. Rayquaza. So far, Mewtwo's losing by about a 14% deficit. While him making it this far is really remarkable, it doesn't hurt to help him get to the finals at the very least.
I'm thinking that the winner will be Mew

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

Psh. No way Mewtwo's less popular/weaker than Rayquaza. Damn kids these days.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Honestly, Mewtwo would scrape Rayquaza. The only Pokémon that could stop it would be Mew, Arceus, and maybe Ho-oh and Lugia. That's about it.

Also, I think we can all agree that Mewtwo needs an appearance with his full BAMF armor and with a "pure dark" purple/black-ish look. Those would equal SO. MUCH. WIN!!! :awesome:
Mewtwo should NOT be heavier than Charizard. In all honesty I think Mewtwo should have the weight that Lucario had in Brawl and Lucario should have a weight more like Capt. Falcons.
Charizard weighs 199.5 pounds and is 5 feet, 7 inches tall.
Mewtwo weighs 269 pounds and is 6 feet, 7 inches tall. IMO Charizard should lose about 20% of his height and weight, then get some speed, more recovery jumps, and loads of cool (quick?) combos IMO. That would make him more interesting IMO.

Just for fun, Lucario is 119 pounds and is 3 feet, 11 inches tall (lol ******). If he was like that in Smash, that would actually be more interesting. He'd be smaller and weigh less, but probably have more offense.

I think we can all agree that the Brawl "aura system" where Lucario is weak at the beginning and the player is rewarded for taking damage (and perhaps for surviving longer) needs to go. It is hard to land hits at 200% anyways. It also makes Lucario weaker IMO, and unreasonably harder to balance.
Lucario is 119 pounds and is 3 feet, 11 inches tall (lol ******). If he was like that in Smash, that would actually be more interesting. He'd be smaller and weigh less, but probably have more offense.
To go off what I said here, Lucario doesn't need to be "this small" per say (it wasn't too tall in Brawl), but it would be more interesting if Lucario was a tad smaller, with more recovery and loads of combos (the latter a lot like he is in Project M). I would love to see Lucario gain more offense and use that offense to do all kinds of cool fighting-styled combos (to an extent, like what is in Project M). To me, it just seems like that would be a much funner approach to Lucario.

While I'm at it, Lucario and Zoroark don't fight alike at all. They might have overlapping moves. However, the similarities between Lucario and Zoroark are like the similarities between Mewtwo and Lucario; MINIMAL! Going off what SSBF said, they are being hyped as something as "rivals" (along with Mewtwo). It would be neat to have all 3 IMO if that was "used" in Smash Bros WiiU and 3DS (specifically in single-player modes, especially the story mode). It would certainly have/bring a certain added/extra "appeal" to smash.

D

Deleted member

If you make Lucario smaller, you have to make Pikachu and Jiggz smaller as well. It'd be kind of awkward to see them near the same size.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
By "smaller" I meant like minimally smaller (no more than 10%). Lucario is already somewhat short. It doesn't need to be percise, but I do think it would make Lucario more unique. Plus hopefully it would give us another tool to tell the people who say "Lucario is a Mewtwo clone" to shut up and drown in their "Sora 4 Smash 4" fan girl tears! :troll:

As for Jigglypuff and Pikachu, I actually would like to see them a tad smaller, especially Pikachu. Again, not drastically smaller, but a tad bit. And actually, I would want to see Pikachu and Jigglypuff be about the same size. Obviously Pikachu would be wider due to its' body type being wider.

I dunno, I just feel with Smash WiiU and 3DS (especially Smash WiiU), more than past Smash Bros, that I want to see more variety with playable characters in terms of height, weight, range, strength, speed, recovery, etc. It would fit my "view" of what I think Smash WiiU and 3DS will be much better, actually. :psycho:

Miko

Smash Cadet
In response to what Johnknight1 said, i think that changing the sizes of the characters mentioned in his posts would be a brilliant thing!
And if you consider the mechanical changes made to the smash system from melee to brawl, who's to say they won't completely restart the size and weight system they have so that there is a wider range of sizes and weights - big or small, heavy or light, all of these characteristics have advantages and disadvantages, so who's to say they won't make Mewtwo heavier and change the characteristics of the other characters in SSB4?

I'm hoping that's not too OT, that post might belong somewhere else... >.>

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^ I wouldn't say totally change the weight scale, although making the weight scale more vast or more specific to an actual weight (metric?) system (ie: Link weighing a realistic 200 pounds, but Pikachu weighing a fairly above what its' weight should be at 40 pounds) would make sense, too.

I dunno, it's just if that if an actual weight system was used, it would be easier to "follow" the weights of characters (even if some were unrealistic).

As for heights, sizes, and character differences, it certainly would bring on a lot of unique changes. Smash bros. is essentially a sport (with boundaries) mixed with a fighting game mixed with a platformer. In sports like baseball, football, and basketball, we see all kinds of different heights and weights of athletes. In the male variations of these sports at the highest level (MLB, NFL, and NBA), you find people ranging in sizes from about 5 1/2 feet to 7 1/2 feet, weights from about 150 pounds to 350 pounds, and loads of different arm/leg/torso lengths (like how, for instance, Kevin Durant has the arm length of someone almost 7 1/2 feet tall even if he is 6'10). Each player also have unique skills, strengths, and weaknesses.

In platformers, we see all kinds of different characters with different abilities. In Mario games, Mario and Luigi can jump very well, get power ups, and kill enemies by stepping on them. In some games, Luigi is lighter, and can jump higher. Peach can float in the air. In the Donkey Kong Country series, we see Donkey Kong also being able to kill foes by jumping on them, he can throw barrels with power, but he can't jump high. In Metroid, Samus (in her power suit) is capable of firing quickly, double jumping, and jumping endlessly with her screw attack. In Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic can run extremely fast, carry that momentum to jumps, and also kill opponents with jumping and super powers.

Combine that (specifically the character diversity) with the commonly used fighting game elements of smash, and Super Smash Brros. WiiU and 3DS could really have some awesome and unique features.

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
^^^ I wouldn't say totally change the weight scale, although making the weight scale more vast or more specific to an actual weight (metric?) system (ie: Link weighing a realistic 200 pounds, but Pikachu weighing a fairly above what its' weight should be at 40 pounds) would make sense, too.

I dunno, it's just if that if an actual weight system was used, it would be easier to "follow" the weights of characters (even if some were unrealistic).

As for heights, sizes, and character differences, it certainly would bring on a lot of unique changes. Smash bros. is essentially a sport (with boundaries) mixed with a fighting game mixed with a platformer. In sports like baseball, football, and basketball, we see all kinds of different heights and weights of athletes. In the male variations of these sports at the highest level (MLB, NFL, and NBA), you find people ranging in sizes from about 5 1/2 feet to 7 1/2 feet, weights from about 150 pounds to 350 pounds, and loads of different arm/leg/torso lengths (like how, for instance, Kevin Durant has the arm length of someone almost 7 1/2 feet tall even if he is 6'10). Each player also have unique skills, strengths, and weaknesses.

In platformers, we see all kinds of different characters with different abilities. In Mario games, Mario and Luigi can jump very well, get power ups, and kill enemies by stepping on them. In some games, Luigi is lighter, and can jump higher. Peach can float in the air. In the Donkey Kong Country series, we see Donkey Kong also being able to kill foes by jumping on them, he can throw barrels with power, but he can't jump high. In Metroid, Samus (in her power suit) is capable of firing quickly, double jumping, and jumping endlessly with her screw attack. In Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic can run extremely fast, carry that momentum to jumps, and also kill opponents with jumping and super powers.

Combine that (specifically the character diversity) with the commonly used fighting game elements of smash, and Super Smash Brros. WiiU and 3DS could really have some awesome and unique features.
Actually, that may not be too farfetch'd off, considering how Sakurai wants to take the series to a new direction.

D

Deleted member

If we do realistic Weights, DK and above are going to be brutal to knock off, being 800+ lbs.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Not important, but I remember that Nintendo Power Player's Guide had a name for every attack that the characters had and used in Melee. Here is Mewtwo's.

Weak Attacks

1-Multi-Hit: Dark Flash, Dark Flame

Strong Attacks

Upward: Flip
Forward: Tail Whip
Downward: Tail Sweep

SMASH ATTACKS:

Upward: Galaxy Force
Forward: Shadow Blast
Downward: Shadow Bomb

Dash Attack: Dark Torch

Aerial Attacks:

Center: Body Spark
Front: Shadow Scratch
Back: Tail Flick
Up: Somersault Kick
Down: Meteor Kick

Special Attacks

Standard B: Shadow Ball
Foward B: Confusion
Upward B: Teleport
Downward B: Disable

Grapples and Throw Downs

Pummel: Dark Shock
Front: Shadow Cannon
Back: Telekinesis
Up: Psychic Whirlwind
Down: Tail Slap

Take it for what it will.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
If we do realistic Weights, DK and above are going to be brutal to knock off, being 800+ lbs.
I'm not saying "totally realistic," but diverse and more built for each character's strengths. I think making Lucario and Pikachu about 5-10% shorter, Jigglypuff a bit less than 5% shorter and giving them less weight (and in return, more offense) would make them more unique, and play to their strengths. Jigglypuff in Smash 64 and Melee was all about spacing and combos. Pikachu has pretty much always had great combos. Lucario seems like he should be an offensive machine. Building them like that just seems like the best route to go IMO. I mean, who doesn't want to see more offensive firepower than there was in Brawl, as well as more character diversity=??? This could do both of those! ;)

C'mon, we all know Donkey Kong can't be strong and heavy as a 800 pound ape, fast, and also as fast as he is! :laugh:
SMASH ATTACKS:
Upward: Galaxy Force
Best. Name for a random smash attack. EVER!!! Every time he uses this move, I will now say "GALAXY FORCE!!! GO!!!" :laugh: Maybe I'll say "I CHOOSE YOU!!!" afterwards. :rotfl:

Miko

Smash Cadet
I like the idea of a metric system... but given that Nintendo likes doing their character weights in pounds, i think it would be more imperial xD but i also agree with not being too realistic if it was game-breaking; but having said that, if DK WAS 800lbs in the game, he'd be really hard to hit off, but he wouldn't be recovering far either... i dunno, i think if you don't try to balance smash it balances itself, if that makes any sense?

D

Deleted member

It's gone down to 12%

Sadly, I feel as it will lose. But at least we can say that it's still the second most popular Pokemon given that popularity poll done April of last year.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^ I like Rayquaza, but his power and awesomeness is not in the same damn dimension as Mewtwo. Mewtwo is the simply THEE awesome, powerful, and BAMF Pokémon!
I like the idea of a metric system... but given that Nintendo likes doing their character weights in pounds, i think it would be more imperial xD
I just want any real scale of weight. Really the metric would be the simplest for most people to understand, but any sort of real scale.
Ii also agree with not being too realistic if it was game-breaking; but having said that, if DK WAS 800lbs in the game, he'd be really hard to hit off, but he wouldn't be recovering far either... i dunno, i think if you don't try to balance smash it balances itself, if that makes any sense?
I get what you're saying. You don't want DK to take forever to kill and Jigglypuff get one hit KO'd by every attack. That makes sense. However, I would like slightly lower lows and a bit higher highs in terms of weight (especially since most "heavy" characters tend to be fairly weak).

mrbrawl

Smash Cadet
i think he could have a move called foresight:he would use it and the magnifying glass appears and searches the enemy doing 10% damage after, then next a attack, smash attacks, and b attacks can be counter followed by some combo tell me what you think you can use it only once at a time

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Mewtwo can't learn Foresight, but it does have access to Miracle Eye, which operates in a similar manner as Foresight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom