• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Ah, I remember that. It looks soooo silly. XD Big, bad, Epic Genetical Space Cat Monster God.

Uses a spoon for a weapon.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I do not think he will get his spoon for smash bros wii u

but I think march showed me something its plausible he might be revealed on a direct and possible not E3

(I mean think about it directs are worldwide and the E3 is also worldwide footage but what if his troll is a good one with mewtwo before the E3)

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
If Mewtwo were in Smash, here'd be my idea for fixing him

Neutral Special- Shadow Ball
Same as Melee, but unlike Lucario's Aura Sphere, can pass through enemies

Side B- Psycho Cut
Very powerful scratch type kinda move, but loses power after use just like R.O.B.'s Robo Beam

Up special- Teleport
Same as Melee, but now hurts on contact

Down and B- Light Screen
Works kinda like Pit's Mirror Shield in Brawl, but can rotate like C Falcons 180 Falcon Punch technique introduced in Brawl

Final Smash- Psystrike
Works kinda like Triforce Slash, but activates successfully when an opponent is in a close enough proximity to Mewtwo

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Side B- Psycho Cut
Very powerful scratch type kinda move, but loses power after use just like R.O.B.'s Robo Beam

Up special- Teleport

Down and B- Light Screen
Works kinda like Pit's Mirror Shield in Brawl, but can rotate like C Falcons 180 Falcon Punch technique introduced in Brawl

Final Smash- Psystrike
Works kinda like Triforce Slash, but activates successfully when an opponent is in a close enough proximity to Mewtwo
Not bad just a few point outs for my opinion

For shadow ball
how will it impact someone I saw I. The first pokemon move the shadow ball did not pass threw mew

So I would make it so it drags the character for a few hits then explode

For side B

I agree complete the only problem is that his confusion attack reflecting attacks back
(Even though your down b improvises this)
But if possible which is doubtful a quick side b release will be confusion but charge up enough will get psycho cut instead
(But 100% agree with yours anyway because of down be being a replacement for confusion)

For Up

Agree completely and to upgrade he does a quick little attack when he reappears just like meta knights down b if you hold down the B or A button (I forgot which ativates meta knights slash from down b)

And down B

I agree it will work like the scene from pokemon first movie when he reflected magnetons thunderbolt attack

And for final smash

I would be flattered if psystrike was the final smash but sadly its a no brainer that either one of his mega forms could be the final smash and probably by what button you press for which form you get.

Soupeschleg

Smash Journeyman
If/when Mewtwo is revealed, will they treat him like a newcomer? With a big fancy trailer and all? Because he's technically a veteran, but I think his exclusion from Brawl merits newcomer treatment and "Mewtwo's Revenge" just can't be passed up as far as trailers go.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
If/when Mewtwo is revealed, will they treat him like a newcomer? With a big fancy trailer and all? Because he's technically a veteran, but I think his exclusion from Brawl merits newcomer treatment and "Mewtwo's Revenge" just can't be passed up as far as trailers go.
I wouldn't be surprised. But mainly because he's the most popular request worldwide. If Roy were to come back, he might have a Sonic-esque trailer even if Mewtwo gets a full CGI one.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Mewtwo's Revenge. THE. HYPE. IS. REAL. SON.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Side B- Psycho Cut

Up special- Teleport

Down and B- Light Screen

Final Smash- Psystrike

I like this! It's simple, but seemingly effective. Would still like a command grab-like ranged attack as Side B, but wouldn't be upset at all with Psycho Cut.

Hope Mewtwo will get ranged Smash attacks to. His Smashes could easily work as projectiles I always felt.

Myuutsufan4832

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo's Revenge... Has a nice ring to it, if he does happen to return it is most likely going to be a reference to the Pokemon Sequel Mewtwo Returns since Mewtwo did strike back in melee ... and now He Returns in SSB4.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I don't think Mewtwo will be at this particular Direct, I think he'll show up with two other Newcomers at E3 in June.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Mewtwo comes back with a new surprise for us...

That is so true, but the question is how are they going to use Mega Mewtwo and will they use both or will they just use one of them and if they only used one of them which one would they use?

Myuutsufan4832

Smash Journeyman
That is so true, but the question is how are they going to use Mega Mewtwo and will they use both or will they just use one of them and if they only used one of them which one would they use?
Hard to tell. but considering that when it comes to Pokemon Reps they usually use popular characters from the anime, I would say Mega mewtwo X since in the anime Mega mewtwo Y has a female voice and in smash mewtwo has a male voice and Mega Mewtwo X is a fighting and psychic type, and with the new pokemon movie coming out and it seems that there will be 2 mewtwos in it then the Mega Mewtwo X is likely the male voiced one.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Hard to tell. but considering that when it comes to Pokemon Reps they usually use popular characters from the anime, I would say Mega mewtwo X since in the anime Mega mewtwo Y has a female voice and in smash mewtwo has a male voice and Mega Mewtwo X is a fighting and psychic type, and with the new pokemon movie coming out and it seems that there will be 2 mewtwos in it then the Mega Mewtwo X is likely the male voiced one.
You are aware that Ivysaur has female (Japanese) and male (English) voice actors in Brawl, right? I would think it's less of an issue for a Pokemon that is actually canonically genderless. Then there's Origins, which has Mewtwo sound masculine.

By chance, the "new" movie coming out, you mean the Mega Evolution special?

Because that's literally all the screen time they show up for.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Go figure. Why are they black & white there though instead of having some of the usual purple? Regardless, I like how Y form has dem red eyes while X has blue eyes.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I wonder if either Mega Mewtwo forms will be present in the Mega Evolution special. They're not owned by anyone, and I doubt that the Mewtwo from the Genesect movie would ever get involved in any battles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom