• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
But these lips are only for my femtwo anime pillow

MYU2

Smash Apprentice
I can't take it anymore, I need a new official picture of Mewtwo Sakurai!!

Spirst

So I'm guessing this was pretty much everyone's thoughts on the Greninja trailer?

Igzex

No because since when did Mewtwo hang upside down and was famous for hydrokinesis?

Spirst

That was actually something I thought too. At that point, I think any remotely anthropomorphic Pokemon character=Mewtwo because hype.

Last edited:

Igzex

the world is not ready for me to deploy my Jynx decoy...

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
So I'm guessing this was pretty much everyone's thoughts on the Greninja trailer?

Well, if you see the first post, you'll know how much I was convinced that Sakurai was trolling us with the Mewtwo-like appearance when we saw Greninja. I was convinced it was him till I realized that was Water Shiruken.

NNID
MasterHavik
I got three things to say.

1. Will Taj return?

2. How many of you MewTwo fans have been rubbing it in Greninja's fans faces?

3. Will he not suck like he did last time? Mewtwo is the reason some people still ****ing mess with pokemon in their older ages.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
No no, carry on. I just find it amusing this thread basically cycles in:

-Femtwo hate
-"Will Mewtwo have any other content?"
-"Who will voice Mewtwo?"
-"Mewtwo is coming soon, guys."
-"What will Mewtwo's moveset be like?"
-Random unrelated pictures/videos.
I forgot to add me picking on Igzex as part of the thread cycle.
This is why we Mewtwo fans have such a goofy reputation with the rest of the boards...
Edit, after reading the last five pages or so: WHAT THE HOLY HELL

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465

1. Will Taj return?

3. Will he not suck like he did last time? Mewtwo is the reason some people still ****ing mess with pokemon in their older ages.
He won't suck. But I honestly hope he isn't broken.
I'd prefer him to be middle-tier at best.

Igzex

1) Mewtwo or not, Taj would return if he wanted to. Mewtwo was not the only character he used.

2) Not me. What have they done to deserve that?

3) I dunno but it probably won't be a top or even high tier character when you look at the stuff Diddys and Shieks can do. Personally I still play Pokemon because...I actually don't know.

Last edited:

Smashbro596

Smash Ace

1. Will Taj return?

*puts on hipster glasses* i was a fan of mewtwo before smash. :p
*takes them off* never doing that again....
1. who's taj?
2. not me, i like greninja. i started with froakie on x XD
3. regardless of whether he sucks or not, hes gonna be my main. though i will say mewtwo deserves way, way better treatment than melee gave him. hes damn near godlike in the games. hell, both its mega forms are tied with mega rayquaza for highest base stats. and has anyone seen the first movie?

then again if smash chars were true to the originals mewtwo and samus would BOTH be god tier instead of **** tier.(again, i play with who i like.... i dont play competitively.)

Last edited:

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
the most annoying thing to see is a good fox and yoshi player
Sakurai needs to make Mewtwo VERY unique so he has a counter and a reflector move
-evil laugh-

Last edited:

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Sakurai needs to make Mewtwo VERY unique so he has a counter and a reflector move
-evil laugh-
Careful though, Palutena has just that, and her default special setup...isn't the greatest.
Imo

WVdUde

Smash Apprentice
-evil laugh-
My evil over-powered move replacements for Confusion and Disable. Warning: Moves and effects probably aren't canon to Pokémon series.
:GCR::GCB: Barrier- Mewtwo summons a psychic shield which surronds him that asorbs energy-based attacks AND reflects physical projectiles... Mwah-hah-hah...:094::092::089:

:GCD::GCB: Foresight(?)- A counter-attack that wrecks the enemy. Idk what other move could be used as a counter. Maybe get should choose another counter move with added dark-type damage 'cause why not?
:094::092::089: Mwah-hah-hah!!!

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
So, here's a question, Mewtwo fans:

Do you think SSB4 has enough competitive merit? If you're a Melee/PM player like me, can you play without the advanced techs and such? Or do you think it will fare like how Brawl did? Personally I love it and intend on saving up to attend nationals for it, but the community is giving it a lot of hate for not being competitive enough.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
1. who's taj?
3. regardless of whether he sucks or not, hes gonna be my main. though i will say mewtwo deserves way, way better treatment than melee gave him. hes damn near godlike in the games. hell, both its mega forms are tied with mega rayquaza for highest base stats. and has anyone seen the first movie?

then again if smash chars were true to the originals mewtwo and samus would BOTH be god tier instead of **** tier.(again, i play with who i like.... i dont play competitively.)
May I just say that Mega Rayquaza sharing Mega Mewtwo XY's Base Stat Total annoys me? I mean, it doesn't enfuriate me like Arceus's Base Stat Total did for awhile, but once Mewtwo got those Megas, I legitimately thought I had finally had solid, tangible, non-theoretical proof that Mewtwo was the most powerful Pokémon ever. Now, people can argue that Rayquaza beats him and have some solid ground to stand on. Annoys the crap out of me every single time I think about it, especially because Rayquaza can hold an ITEM when it Mega Evolves, which directly goes against why GameFreak even created Mega Stones instead of some other method. Ugh. Just ugh X(. I swear, if Mewtwo ever gets a Mega Mewtwo Z, which might actually happen, I'm gonna flip a table if he doesn't Mega Evolve without a Mega Stone, or at least have a higher Base Stat Total than his other two forms.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
the community is giving it a lot of hate for not being competitive enough.

Melee and PM do not represent an entire community. Let them enjoy their stuff and allow the ones who want to advance to a new game to do so. It's not friggin rocket science. And I liked PM, too.

NNID
MasterHavik
1. who's taj?

1. You don't know who Taj is?! He is like the best Mewtwo player ever!! He was so good with MewTwo he made his own combos.
2. I was, sicne those assholes were bragging about him getting in over Mewtwo.

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
The only thing I wanted in SSB4 was a playable Arceus, I cried when he got in as a assist trophy, but I knew it would never happen, I mean, just look how detailed Arceus is, who would come up with that idea of a pokemon that looks like "that", it'll never happen, but he just looks so unusual, and unusual is a good thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TItBmEUcrdE
for Taj's fight.

I honestly want Mewtwo to be different than SSBM, I really want people to start off fresh with the character instead of starting off as a pro with him again the first second they get the DLC.

Also, anyone else think M2K is disrespectful? sure he's a great and awesome SSB player, but... lets say this in pokemon, he gets a uber(kyogre) and uses that uber to keep winning, what im trying to say is that he picks the best character in the game, as in the most annoying and predictable character, sure hes predictable but hes hard to not get grabbed, what I really wanted to see was him using characters that sucked, but I guess I didn't guess him what his personality was going to be.

Last edited:

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
May I just say that Mega Rayquaza sharing Mega Mewtwo XY's Base Stat Total annoys me? I mean, it doesn't enfuriate me like Arceus's Base Stat Total did for awhile, but once Mewtwo got those Megas, I legitimately thought I had finally had solid, tangible, non-theoretical proof that Mewtwo was the most powerful Pokémon ever. Now, people can argue that Rayquaza beats him and have some solid ground to stand on. Annoys the crap out of me every single time I think about it, especially because Rayquaza can hold an ITEM when it Mega Evolves, which directly goes against why GameFreak even created Mega Stones instead of some other method. Ugh. Just ugh X(. I swear, if Mewtwo ever gets a Mega Mewtwo Z, which might actually happen, I'm gonna flip a table if he doesn't Mega Evolve without a Mega Stone, or at least have a higher Base Stat Total than his other two forms.
mewtwo is king while rayquaza is queen :3

Igzex

So, here's a question, Mewtwo fans:

Do you think SSB4 has enough competitive merit? If you're a Melee/PM player like me, can you play without the advanced techs and such? Or do you think it will fare like how Brawl did? Personally I love it and intend on saving up to attend nationals for it, but the community is giving it a lot of hate for not being competitive enough.
I can assure you it has more competitive merit than Super Smash Bros Brawl though I am not sure if it will have as much competitive merit as Melee. It won't mean it will not exist just on the competitive scene.

Mewtwo having competition is not bad. I do not mind Mega Rayquaza sharing Mewtwo's BST. It would be odd if it didn't as mega evolutions generally add 100 to the BST of the pokemon. What I do mind is that it has a broken ability and it is not confined to holding a mega stone. Mewtwo's mega evolutions were as honestly designed as you can be given what it's mega evolving from. Rayquaza is like "We give up the kids like big broken dragons and nobody's using this crap in VGC anyways". At least it has Smogon considering ubers as an actual tier as a consequence.

I am not sure how Mewtwo getting that treatment in a future installment would make me feel. One one hand, Anything Goes viable Mewtwo! On the other hand I am not a fan of that kind of game design at all and want Mewtwo to have none of it.

I just don't trust mega evolutions as a concept anymore. For all the fun ones like Ice Nuke Glalie we get ridiculous forms to already strong Pokemon like Salamence, Gengar, and Blaziken.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom