• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Time to spark some discussion!
It is revealed that Mewtwo is coming in a special DLC pack! Nintendo, in a unprecedented, surprising move, has announced that they have figured out a way to code in the Ice Climbers on the 3DS, and that the pack Mewtwo is coming in is called "The Clone Pack," as a nod to not only Mewtwo, but to Popo's and Nana's nature, as well.
But, wait!
A new mode is on the way! "Tag-Team Takedown!" In this mode, every character gains a clone that behaves similar to Nana does to Popo.
As yet another surprise, Nintendo reveals that, due to Mewtwo's immense popularity, the fans can vote on one Pokémon to be Mewtwo's tagalong! There are a few rules and guidlines.
1. The tagalong MUST be a Pokémon!
2. It can be ANY Pokémon EXCEPT another Mewtwo!
3. The tagalong MUST share Mewtwo's move's properties. (i.e. The tagalong may use Aura Sphere, but it will behave identically to Mewtwo's Shadow Ball). The only exceptions to this rule are size and power. A tagalong's move MAY ONLY BE SMALLER OR LESS POWERFUL THAN Mewtwo's move. No move may exceed Mewtwo's in size and power. This is put in place to prevent OP'd-ness.

And, to clarify a few "grey" areas:
1. The tagalong does not have to match Mewtwo's size, or even his hitboxes!
2. The Pokémon does not have to match Mewtwo's type.
3. Don't worry about the Pokémon's jump height: Mewtwo will take care of that with his psychic powers.

4. For the purposes of this argument, assume Mewtwo's Final Smash is changed to a team attack-style Final Smash during this mode, so as to allow his partner to attack.
I'm interested in what everyone has to say. I already have an idea of who I want, but I'll post it shortly later sometime, because I think this is more than enough for one post XD. Anyway...
Darkrai.

i done believe in incest, so no.
wat

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101

It is revealed that Mewtwo is coming in a special DLC pack! Nintendo, in a unprecedented, surprising move, has announced that they have figured out a way to code in the Ice Climbers on the 3DS, and that the pack Mewtwo is coming in is called "The Clone Pack," as a nod to not only Mewtwo, but to Popo's and Nana's nature, as well.
But, wait!
A new mode is on the way! "Tag-Team Takedown!" In this mode, every character gains a clone that behaves similar to Nana does to Popo.
As yet another surprise, Nintendo reveals that, due to Mewtwo's immense popularity, the fans can vote on one Pokémon to be Mewtwo's tagalong! There are a few rules and guidlines.
1. The tagalong MUST be a Pokémon!
2. It can be ANY Pokémon EXCEPT another Mewtwo!
3. The tagalong MUST share Mewtwo's move's properties. (i.e. The tagalong may use Aura Sphere, but it will behave identically to Mewtwo's Shadow Ball). The only exceptions to this rule are size and power. A tagalong's move MAY ONLY BE SMALLER OR LESS POWERFUL THAN Mewtwo's move. No move may exceed Mewtwo's in size and power. This is put in place to prevent OP'd-ness.

And, to clarify a few "grey" areas:
1. The tagalong does not have to match Mewtwo's size, or even his hitboxes!
2. The Pokémon does not have to match Mewtwo's type.
3. Don't worry about the Pokémon's jump height: Mewtwo will take care of that with his psychic powers.

4. For the purposes of this argument, assume Mewtwo's Final Smash is changed to a team attack-style Final Smash during this mode, so as to allow his partner to attack.
I'm interested in what everyone has to say. I already have an idea of who I want, but I'll post it shortly later sometime, because I think this is more than enough for one post XD. Anyway...
To answer my own question, I'd say Mew. I just think it'd be cool to have Mew floating behind Mewtwo and attacking with him. Of course, Mew would use Aura Sphere rather than Shadow Ball, because she wouldn't use such a dark, evil move. In my mind, Mew would use smaller, less powerful versions of Mewtwo's attacks, just because of her nature. Yes, I know Mew is more than capable of holding her own against Mewtwo, but I think doing Mew like I said would be sorta cute, in a silly way. Plus, it's a way to kinda represent the Bro/Sis relationship l like to think they have. I don't know, just my thoughts.
And, I liked everyone else's answers. You guys had some great ideas! The extremely varied answers surprised me, in a pleasant way. If someone has a thought on my idea, then, by all means, post it! I'd love to hear any remaining ideas!

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
To answer my own question, I'd say Mew. I just think it'd be cool to have Mew floating behind Mewtwo and attacking with him. Of course, Mew would use Aura Sphere rather than Shadow Ball, because she wouldn't use such a dark, evil move. In my mind, Mew would use smaller, less powerful versions of Mewtwo's attacks, just because of her nature. Yes, I know Mew is more than capable of holding her own against Mewtwo, but I think doing Mew like I said would be sorta cute, in a silly way. Plus, it's a way to kinda represent the Bro/Sis relationship l like to think they have. I don't know, just my thoughts.
And, I liked everyone else's answers. You guys had some great ideas! The extremely varied answers surprised me, in a pleasant way. If someone has a thought on my idea, then, by all means, post it! I'd love to hear any remaining ideas!
Mew is Mewtwo's mother...lol

Edit: OMGGGG!!!!

GACK!!! <3 <3 <3 <3

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Mew is Mewtwo's mother...lol
0_0 I'm going to pretend like I never remembered that fact.
Nah, seriously though, she's not Mewtwo's "Mom," by our definition. A Mom is someone who loves you and takes care of you. Of course, Mew is the dictionary definition of "Mom," as in "one who provides the genetic material for her offspring," but what does the dictionary know:p? Besides, I don't think Mew providing the genetic material in order to clone herself automatically rules out the idea that they could be of similar age, physically speaking. Anywho, just my thoughts.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
0_0 I'm going to pretend like I never remembered that fact.
Nah, seriously though, she's not Mewtwo's "Mom," by our definition. A Mom is someone who loves you and takes care of you. Of course, Mew is the dictionary definition of "Mom," as in "one who provides the genetic material for her offspring," but what does the dictionary know:p? Besides, I don't think Mew providing the genetic material in order to clone herself automatically rules out the idea that they could be of similar age, physically speaking. Anywho, just my thoughts.
Mew is an ancient Pokemon that is possibly as old or even older then Arceus. They do not share a similar age...lol

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
But, wait!
As yet another surprise, Nintendo reveals that, due to Mewtwo's immense popularity, the fans can vote on one Pokémon to be Mewtwo's tagalong! There are a few rules and guidelines.
Woah, now... might need to be a bit more clear that this is purely hypothetical. I just spent about ten minutes looking for your source.

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
Y'know, I never got why people thought that Greninja was Mewtwo in the reveal trailer. I mean, yeah, he lacked his webbed hands, but still...

"Hey, guys! Remember when Mewtwo shot that water attack?"

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Y'know, I never got why people thought that Greninja was Mewtwo in the reveal trailer. I mean, yeah, he lacked his webbed hands, but still...

Because desperation.

Hidden Power Water :troll:

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465

I only thought it was Mewtwo until I realized it wasn't Aura Sphere.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
...not any more.
Confession time: when I saw Greninja's reveal, I never thought it was Mewtwo, and was almost glad to get a newer character. I was a little disappointed he wasn't confirmed, but not as much as a Golden Sun rep. I even thought the level of devotion he was getting was a little insane (see video below.) But now, after seeing the render, and getting to know you guys, I gotta say I'm glad it's him.
Anywho, time for a little self-deprecation:

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Confession time: when I saw Greninja's reveal, I never thought it was Mewtwo, and was almost glad to get a newer character. I was a little disappointed he wasn't confirmed, but not as much as a Golden Sun rep. I even thought the level of devotion he was getting was a little insane (see video below.) But now, after seeing the render, and getting to know you guys, I gotta say I'm glad it's him.
Anywho, time for a little self-deprecation:
Get out, Greninja.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Eww, no spoons, except as customs. It would be goofy as hell. And as for the physicality of his moveset, Mewtwo is 6-foot-7, and weighs 269 pounds. That's taller and heavier than The Rock. Mewtwo also has pretty good Attack, too. If he hits you, it's going to hurt.

LoveGame

NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
I didn't mind Greninja too much even though I never cared for him in the actual Pokemon games. I felt like Chesnaught would've fit better, but either way it's great to have a Gen 6 Pokemon.

Supalji

Smash Rookie
I like Greninja.. Love Charizard. Mewtwo is legendary though <3 This wait is killing me already!!

Rafitak

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1392-6598-7610
How are you all preparing? I understand its tough to predict how he'll be played, but it doesn't hurt to prepare/
Are you practicing up on Meleetwo, projectm mewtwo, brawlcario?

Cheers

ZombieVito

Smash Journeyman
If there is one thing we can all agree to is that Mewtwo needs a speed buff.

Just got the 3DS version yesterday and my god this game is fast.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
How are you all preparing? I understand its tough to predict how he'll be played, but it doesn't hurt to prepare/
Are you practicing up on Meleetwo, projectm mewtwo, brawlcario?

Cheers
I'm mostly trying not to die of overhype:laugh:.
Seriously, though, I'm not really doing much. I check for new information way more often than I should, but other than that, basically nothing. I'm actually sorta afraid to play any Mewtwo, for fear that SSB4's Mewtwo will be drastically different, and I'm almost sure Mewtwo won't be a clone of Lucario.
It occurs to me that 4 of my favorite pokemon will be playable in this game, including two of my all-time top 3.
Out of curiosity, who are your top 3, and who are your 4 favorites?
If there is one thing we can all agree to is that Mewtwo needs a speed buff.

Just got the 3DS version yesterday and my god this game is fast.
Yep, Mewtwo was too slow in Melee. However, I don't think that the speed buff should be too big. I mean, Mewtwo doesn't need to be fast to be competitively viable, and, while I know Mewtwo is fast in the Pokémon games, I honestly don't think it would translate well into Smash. I personally think it would look kind of strange and unnatural on Mewtwo if he was going 50 miles per hour. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think his speed buff should be that large. Of course, I could turn out to be wrong, and Mewtwo moving around really fast would look totally fine.

ZombieVito

Smash Journeyman
Yep, Mewtwo was too slow in Melee. However, I don't think that the speed buff should be too big. I mean, Mewtwo doesn't need to be fast to be competitively viable, and, while I know Mewtwo is fast in the Pokémon games, I honestly don't think it would translate well into Smash. I personally think it would look kind of strange and unnatural on Mewtwo if he was going 50 miles per hour. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think his speed buff should be that large. Of course, I could turn out to be wrong, and Mewtwo moving around really fast would look totally fine.
I think he should have a similar speed than Palutena. He is fast in canon.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Probably will get crucified for this, but Mewtwo is the only playable Pokemon in Smash Bros. history that I actually like. That's why I'm ecstatic over him coming back. I love Pokemon, but up until now (or more accurately Spring 2015), I couldn't be a Pokemon I like in SSB4.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Top 3 are Charizard, Mewtwo, and Scyther. Charizard, Mewtwo, Greninja, and Lucario are my 4 favorites playable in Smash.
Well, in that case:

I think he should have a similar speed than Palutena. He is fast in canon.
I think that'll work. It seems like a pretty reasonable speed, and it should look fine on Mewtwo.
Probably will get crucified for this, but Mewtwo is the only playable Pokemon in Smash Bros. history that I actually like. That's why I'm ecstatic over him coming back. I love Pokemon, but up until now (or more accurately Spring 2015), I couldn't be a Pokemon I like in SSB4.

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
Mewtwo's the only pokemon I care about on the line-up too.

Now if the pokemon line-up also consisted of line-up Gengar, Girafarig, Xatu, Corsola, and Cresselia...

Last edited:

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
It occurs to me that 4 of my favorite pokemon will be playable in this game, including two of my all-time top 3.
What I love about the roster is that -

1. The holy trinity of iconic pokemon are there. Pikachu, Charizard, and Mewtwo
2. Lucario is pretty much the Ryu for the pokemon franchise
3. Greninja still gives the recent stuff a rep
4. While I personally could care less for her inclusion, Jigglypuff still pays homage to the Smash Bros series
5. Add them all up, and you get 6 pokemon

So all in all, Pokemon is pretty much perfect in series roster

Spatman

Smash Ace
actually, Jigglypuff is the true badass pokemon characters in Smash XD
I like its (i'm not sure Jiggly is a female!) original playstyle: it's something you realize only when you find a jigglypuff's user who is really good at play.

I'd like see another pkmn as dlc character (yes, i know 6 are enough, but......), but i guess some pkmns must be exclusives of Pokken.
However I hope there will be Sceptile (or Grovyle), or at least a little renewed Pichu (perhaps as a free dlc content)

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
actually, Jigglypuff is the true badass pokemon characters in Smash XD
I like its (i'm not sure Jiggly is a female!) original playstyle: it's something you realize only when you find a jigglypuff's user who is really good at play.

I'd like see another pkmn as dlc character (yes, i know 6 are enough, but......), but i guess some pkmns must be exclusives of Pokken.
However I hope there will be Sceptile (or Grovyle), or at least a little renewed Pichu (perhaps as a free dlc content)
Jigglypuff has a 75% chance of being female. And the fact it has hats from female protagonist, where Pikachu has them for male protagonist, pretty much means they acknowledge it as female.

C3CC

Smash Lord
I can't wait to see Mewtwo in-game.

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.............................

LoveGame

NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
Mewtwo was pretty much the only playable Pokemon that truly clicked with me as well. I like Solo-Zard in Smash 4, and I did main 64 Pikachu because I like the classic chubby design.

My all-time favorite Pokemon is Mantine. I love using him in the Pokemon games to wreck people who say he's not viable. Seeing him playable would be beyond bizarre, but he'd work well as a Pokeball.

Spatman

Smash Ace
Mewtwo was pretty much the only playable Pokemon that truly clicked with me as well. I like Solo-Zard in Smash 4, and I did main 64 Pikachu because I like the classic chubby design.

My all-time favorite Pokemon is Mantine. I love using him in the Pokemon games to wreck people who say he's not viable. Seeing him playable would be beyond bizarre, but he'd work well as a Pokeball.
chubby pikachu was the best, i miss him so much :(

MYU2

Smash Apprentice
For Smash 5, do y'all think Mewtwo will be on the roster still? For now on the way I see the Pokéroster for future games is like this:

Pikachu - Starter
Charizard - Starter
Jigglypuff - Unlockable
Lucario - Unlockable
Mewtwo - Unlockable
A New Pokémon - Unlockable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom