• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
Can attack in hitstun, can attack while shield is broken, no penalty for Luma dying, Luma is an incredible meatshield, Luma respawns very quickly, even without Luma, can nullify every form of projectile, insane priority, good range, disjointed hitboxes, good knockback, very good roll and dodge. It's ridiculous. Figures a character I dislike is the absolute best.

Not sure if that's encouraging or not. I remember hearing that Jigglypuff is his favorite Pokemon (Which makes sense, given how similar it is to Kirby), so that may be the reason for it's perfect attendance record? Wish it had been Meowth, like some rumors say.

As for Mewtwo, I still think it's inevitable we'll see Mega Mewtwo as a FS in some way. MMY was the first Mega ever shown, and was heavily advertised. With how much Gamefreak markets Charizard X and Lucario, it'd be very odd if they left another heavily marketed form out of what is essentially a large advertising vehicle.
Yeah, good points overall but she's not as broken as MK in Brawl at least. As I stated before, she's also one of my least favorite characters overall.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Advanced Technique. "Wooping" with Mewtwo or Desyncing with Ice Climbers for example.
Thank you so much!
from Sakurai's point of view, i think, megaevolutions fit perfectly as final smashes, so he has no interest to find another fs for these pokemon. Moreover, probably he thinks that people who will buy the game expect and want to find megaevolutions as pokemons' final smashes
Too true. And, he's not wrong about the "expect" part. What he's wrong about is the fact that some people don't want it. It's a shame, really. But, Sakurai has delivered unto us something befitting of Arceus, and I'm not gonna flip my lid about sonething as trivial as Mewtwo's Final Smash. I'd still much rather see Psystrike, but I'm won't let his Final Smash ruin Mewtwo for me. I mean, for heaven's sake, Mewtwo is in the game! That in and of itself is ginormous gift.
Yeah, good points overall but she's not as broken as MK in Brawl at least. As I stated before, she's also one of my least favorite characters overall.
I second this. I absolutely cannot believe Rosalina got in over the likes of Waluigi, Toad or even Daisy as the new Mario rep. At least Dr. Mario had been in Melee prior. Rosalina, while increasingly important, hasn't been around as long as the previously mentioned three, and the only reason she has that justifies her inclusion, in my opinion, is her playability in Super Mario 3D World. Waluigi and Daisy (unfortunately) lack a playable status in a main game. However, Toad has had a history of one main where he is playable, and a spin-off starring, and now he has an upcoming starring role. Maybe Toad'll be DLC...
In my opinion, the only thing Rosalina has going for her is her "puppeteer" play style, which was a pretty cool idea, I must admit. However, from what I've been reading, it's pretty broken, so I don't even know if that can be considered a point.
*Rant ends here*

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
Thank you so much!

Too true. And, he's not wrong about the "expect" part. What he's wrong about is the fact that some people don't want it. It's a shame, really. But, Sakurai has delivered unto us something befitting of Arceus, and I'm not gonna flip my lid about sonething as trivial as Mewtwo's Final Smash. I'd still much rather see Psystrike, but I'm won't let his Final Smash ruin Mewtwo for me. I mean, for heaven's sake, Mewtwo is in the game! That in and of itself is ginormous gift.

I second this. I absolutely cannot believe Rosalina got in over the likes of Waluigi, Toad or even Daisy as the new Mario rep. At least Dr. Mario had been in Melee prior. Rosalina, while increasingly important, hasn't been around as long as the previously mentioned three, and the only reason she has that justifies her inclusion, in my opinion, is her playability in Super Mario 3D World. Waluigi and Daisy (unfortunately) lack a playable status in a main game. However, Toad has had a history of one main where he is playable, and a spin-off starring, and now he has an upcoming starring role. Maybe Toad'll be DLC...
In my opinion, the only thing Rosalina has going for her is her "puppeteer" play style, which was a pretty cool idea, I must admit. However, from what I've been reading, it's pretty broken, so I don't even know if that can be considered a point.
*Rant ends here*
if toads dlc, he will be used as my punching bag XD i also liked the doctor in melee. is he that interesting? no, but i use him more than i use mario.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I absolutely cannot believe Rosalina got in over the likes of Waluigi, Toad or even Daisy as the new Mario rep.
*Rant ends here*
What? She's popular. And don't bring up the"too new" or "not very recent" argument either, since Greninja was chosen before XY came out.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
What? She's popular. And don't bring up the"too new" or "not very recent" argument either, since Greninja was chosen before XY came out.
Really? Ah, well, I wasn't aware. And, I apologize for bringing up the "too new" argument. It's invalid at this point. If she's popular among the fans, then she has every right to be included, so I apologize.
Now, here's my question: Was her fanbase as large as Waluigi's or Toad's? I'm genuinely curious. I really wanna see how she measures up against her competition.
Oh, and I apologize if my rant sounded mean or hateful. I was just stating my thoughts, and didn't think to go back and make sure it was politely stated. If anyone's feelings were hurt, my sincerest apologies to them.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Really? Ah, well, I wasn't aware. And, I apologize for bringing up the "too new" argument. It's invalid at this point. If she's popular among the fans, then she has every right to be included, so I apologize.
Now, here's my question: Was her fanbase as large as Waluigi's or Toad's? I'm genuinely curious. I really wanna see how she measures up against her competition.
Oh, and I apologize if my rant sounded mean or hateful. I was just stating my thoughts, and didn't think to go back and make sure it was politely stated. If anyone's feelings were hurt, my sincerest apologies to them.
Admittedly, Rosalina's fanbase is not massive, but it's there. She's been getting appearances in a ton of spinoffs since Mario Galaxy, and even the main games with 3D World, as a secret character. She's got quite the sad and heart wrenching backstory too, for what it's worth.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Oooh... I don't think I've seen art with X as a girl and Y as a boy. It'd be interesting, even though I do think Y appears slightly more feminine and X slightly more masculine. May I ask why you think Y is more masculine and X more feminine? I'm not trying to be mean or anything, I'm just curious as to your thoughts.
I think of Mewtwo as masculine by default so I don't think either X or Y is more or less masculine than the other. Just that pic in general I was referring to - it would be a good twist if the one that's obviously masculine is a female and the one that looks small and flamboyant is a male. Besides, as I mentioned MMY reminds me of Kid Majin Buu.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
One last thing about Final Smashes from me: it's a moot point in the competitive/For Glory scene anyway :D

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Yes, yes it is lol. Still cool though!
Yes! I like to play competitively sometimes, but it's always nice to unwind with a few casual matches. Ya know, crank up the Stock count and turn on a few items. I always turn on Final Smashes in casuals, and that's part of the reason they're important to me. I use them pretty often, so naturally I'd want a nice Final Smash for Mewtwo.
Plus, who doesn't want every single little aspect of their favorite character to be perfect:p?

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Recently, I've been playing with Final Smash, Assist Trophy, Poké Ball, Master Ball, Cucco, Franklin Badge, and Mr. Saturn on...I've mostly been playing against CPU.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I did do competitive play for awhile. Eventually 'retired' for a number of reasons. Now it's mainly vs. friends (who can never win, poor guys).

I'd love for Mewtwo to have a good final smash, because after all, it's still part of the character. Him having one that does a poor job of representing the character like Falco or Peach would be disappointing.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Recently, I've been playing with Final Smash, Assist Trophy, Poké Ball, Master Ball, Cucco, Franklin Badge, and Mr. Saturn on...I've mostly been playing against CPU.
Oh, that reminds me! I (tragically and shamefully) do not own the Nintendo 3DS version yet, so if it wouldn't be too me trouble for me to ask:
What are the CPU's AI in SSB4 like? I want to know if they've improved or gotten better at all.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
What are the CPU's AI in SSB4 like? I want to know if they've improved or gotten better at all.
Incredibly aggravating. Lvl 1-8 are still very easy, but on 9, all they do is perfect shield. They're still not very difficult, but they're amazingly annoying, since I swear their shields are tied to your attack button.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Incredibly aggravating. Lvl 1-8 are still very easy, but on 9, all they do is perfect shield. They're still not very difficult, but they're amazingly annoying, since I swear their shields are tied to your attack button.
Ah, well, its a shame they haven't improved much, but since I normally play with friends, it shouldn't be that big of a deal. Besides, we've got amiibo to fall back on, and they learn from human players and can go up to Level 50, so they should be substantially better.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Now it's mainly vs. friends (who can never win, poor guys).
I hear you. If I'm involved in a multiplayer game, I usually come out on top since I'm the biggest gamer among my friends.

I remember a Halo Reach FFA match where I came out in first...with 23 points. Second highest had 10.

:seuss:

LoveGame

NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
I know what you guys mean. I've known stuff like wavedashing and wooping since early this year, but my friends were more casual/Brawl players that were used to having items on or playing on stuff like Poke Floats. No matter who they used, I'd always beat them in Melee with Mewtwo. Recently I've been teaching them competitive techs, so they aren't as easy to beat anymore.

Spirst

Yeah, **** level 9 CPUs. They tech every single wall to the point of ridiculousness. There was one time where I literally did nothing but Usmash the CPU on the underside of an Arena Ferox transformation and they teched every single time. They even teched my final smash and then KOd me a few seconds later.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
To be perfectly honest, I wasn't really aware Waluigi and Toad had any sort of significant fan base for quite some time. Even now, I'm not sure if they're that popular...

Rosalina, on the other hand, I know had a real fan base amongst Mario fans. Rosalina's game of origin, Super Mario Galaxy, is widely regarded as one of the best in the series, and Rosalina herself is well liked as a character due to her mysterious nature and her tragic backstory revealed through her beautiful storybook. Heck, Rosalina herself is one of the reasons people like Galaxy so much. With all that taken into account, she's definitely one of the more popular Mario characters, and that popularity has only grown as she's appeared in more titles and become a staple to the Mario series. While she may be newer than characters like Waluigi, Toad, or Daisy, she and her game have had a pretty noticeable impact, and she's since become a rising star in the Mario franchise.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
While she may be newer than characters like Waluigi, Toad, or Daisy, she and her game have had a pretty noticeable impact, and she's since become a rising star in the Mario franchise.
Oh you, False, you and your hidden puns everywhere.

Also, related:

See: Greninja. It may be newer than characters like Sceptile and Blaziken, but it and it's game have had a pretty noticeable impact, and he's become a rising star in Gen VI.

The paralell is almost perfect.

Last edited:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Ah, well, its a shame they haven't improved much, but since I normally play with friends, it shouldn't be that big of a deal. Besides, we've got amiibo to fall back on, and they learn from human players and can go up to Level 50, so they should be substantially better.
It depends on what kind of player you are. If you're an average player they're a good match at lvl 9. Anything lower, as previously mentioned is a bit redundant to anyone who's had the game for over a few weeks. They're good sparring enemies, but if you're looking for competition the lvl 9s won't be too satisfying. For Glory mode on the other hand has a ton of good players playing. Assuming your internet is working well (as is your opponents) it's the best way to fight.

I am very interested in Amiibos now that you mention it. I never thought of fighting against it at lvl 50. I hope they release Mewtwo's Amiibo at the same time he's released in Spring. Or at least Lucario's.

LoveGame

NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
I pretty much agree with @ False Sense False Sense about that. While Rosalina doesn't have much veterancy, she was clearly a breakout character/ensemble dark horse, and since most of the other Mario characters are "classic", it made sense to add in a newer one.

Like I said much earlier in this thread. I personally never cared for her, partially because I never cared for Galaxy. I'd honestly call it my least favorite main-series 3D Mario title (64 and especially Sunshine are more my speed). I guess since the game figuratively 'left a bad taste in my mouth', seeing a character originating from it doesn't sit as well with me. I applaud Nintendo's efforts in finally giving one of their characters a rich, detailed backstory, but they don't do much to expand on it, and even though I don't care for her, I don't like how Rosalina was reduced to a glorified 'extra' in SMG2. I think @ Xzsmmc Xzsmmc knows where I'm coming from. Again, no offense if you happen to like/main her.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Oh you, False, you and your hidden puns everywhere.

Also, related:

See: Greninja. It may be newer than characters like Sceptile and Blaziken, but it and it's game have had a pretty noticeable impact, and he's become a rising star in Gen VI.

The paralell is almost perfect.
Well, almost perfect.

While Greninja has definitely become very popular amongst the Pokemon fan base, we've yet to see if that popularity takes it anywhere. Aside from his Smash appearance, Greninja is still treated like just one of three starters from X and Y; it hasn't exactly become the "Charizard" of the 6th gen starters yet, if you know what I mean. That being said, the potential is definitely there if they choose to take advantage of it.

Perhaps a more accurate comparison to Rosalina would be Lucario in Brawl: a brand new character only recently introduced, but one who quickly became a fan favorite and was clearly prominent despite being new.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Okay guys, be totes honest with me here.

Would you date Mewtwo?
Well this went to weird places incredibly fast...but I'm a bit of an oddball myself, so I'll answer this! My answer will depend on 3 things for me:
1. If what was said about there being 2 Mewtwo (1 male and 1 female) is true and they can speak (telekinetically at the very least).
2. If I'm that desperate.
3. If I stopped giving a damn, due to the fact that this would mean I'd either be in the Pokemon world, or Pokemon would exsist in our world.
If all three of the points above are correct, then I MIGHT CONSIDER dating FEMALE MEWTWO (sorry Male Mewtwo, but I don't roll that way), I don't see any issue with having a badass genetic woman by my side...unless she had a ****, then I'd have to firmly DECLINE.
If all three of the points above aren't correct then no, as I always perceived HIM (Movies 1 & 2 version of Mewtwo) being the ONLY Mewtwo, and if that's the case...that'd be incredibly weird and just...no...please for the love of god NO!
...No.

Oh good God, no.
>response from any sane person ever

:seuss:
Well if those 3 points I made at the beginning are true, then maybe I AM probably a little crazy. The fact some of us even acknowledged the question in the first place is putting anyone's sanity in question though. :p

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
LOL every one here be all like OH HELL GAWD NO.

I would. Provided it's male Mewtwo. ;)

Don't worry, I'm completely sane I promise
We all go a bit mad sometimes~

I just gets easier the more you are mad~

Sanity holds you back from having the most fun in life. That and shame.

C3CC

Smash Lord
inb4 Mewtwo is the first character ever to get two different Final Smashes: Mega Mewtwo X/Y or Psystrike.

And I love that Rosalina is OP... She's my favorite character ever and was my most wanted newcomer, so...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom