• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
God, I'm just going to say that I'd love for there to be a Mewtwo related theme in Smash 4. Of course, Mewtwo could get a stage with several legendary themes to accompany it. Perhaps some epic remixes. Also, 1 thing I would've loved if Nintendo incorporated fan remixes like these:
1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWw6d56J-GE
2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nToG4XgcNw
3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJy7xY9HR0Q (the one EVERYBODY should know...if they play Project M)
or gave us choices to what remixes we'd like to see, but eh, whatevs.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Hitler reacts to Mewtwo getting confirmed.

Haha.
Mewtwo haters = Hitler? That's a bit extreme.

Still, I think the dialogue could have been done a little bit better in that one, especially with some of those typos.

Last edited:

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
You meant MMX, right.... right?

The hype is real
It can happen, but we DO need representation for Pokemon Y, and it seems to appear much more than the X one anyways (like Charizard X). For example: Charizard X was in Origins, and Mewtwo Y was in the most recent (no, not Diancie's) movie.

D

Deleted member

It can happen, but we DO need representation for Pokemon Y, and it seems to appear much more than the X one anyways (like Charizard X). For example: Charizard X was in Origins, and Mewtwo Y was in the most recent (no, not Diancie's) movie.
But why defile Mewtwo's name with pokemon Y's representation. I just don't think that the world's strongest and most menacing creature should turn into a blob-squid with a d*** on it's head for its most powerful attack (in smash cannon):Final Smash.

If Nintendo really feels like adding Pokemon Y representation, just add Yveltal to the masterball cast.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Is the Diancie's movie out yet?

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
But why defile Mewtwo's name with pokemon Y's representation. I just don't think that the world's strongest and most menacing creature should turn into a blob-squid with a d*** on it's head for its most powerful attack (in smash cannon):Final Smash.

If Nintendo really feels like adding Pokemon Y representation, just add Yveltal to the masterball cast.
Y looks way better than x. And sticks more closely to mewtwo's strengths

Last edited:

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
OH MY GOD! HE LEFT A CABINET DOOR OPEN!
Nah, I'm just messing with you. That's a seriously cool Mewtwo figure. It actually resembles his Smash 4 coloration and build, and it's very high quality. Congrats on making me jealous getting that figure, it's seriously awesome!

Samus seems like she'd be a really fun character to fight against, especially considering her rather interesting Custom Specials. I myself plan to pick up the inevitable Mewtwo amiibo, and maybe a few others, like Dr. Mario, Captain Falcon or Marth.
I love the way his head/face looks. I know most people prefer the D-Arts Mewtwo, but I honestly like this one's look better, and it was only 8 dollars as opposed to 50+.

I think so too! I play a pretty good Samus in Melee and Smash 4, and she can be unpredictable. I'd like to get the Fox Amiibo too because the sculpting looks nice. I think they did better on the characters that didn't have detailed human faces.

Sound for Souls

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0731-6074-6979
I guess either way, I think we can expect a beefed up Mewtwo. As this time around there seems to be a much greater effort put into balance, I think that even if Mewtwo retains his Melee moveset, his specials will probably work better (as in Project M). Or else, he might get some altogether new moves, and that would be exciting too. The announcer did say he was a "new" fighter, right?

And yes, I forgot about Pit's other specials being changed, thanks. Honestly, I wish more veterans had gotten the Pit treatment. Shake things up a bit.
Honestly, I believe Sakurai would want to. I mean, as stated on a few different occasions, Sakurai has professed his feelings for Project M. & That those feelings aren't exactly the most positive lol. The reason I bring this up is that (at least what I think may be an area of conflict) even if Sakurai really enjoyed Mewtwo's Melee moveset, and it wasn't anything over-excitingly special as it was; don't you think that the fact Mewtwo was brought back in Project M and the fact that Sakurai clearly despises it would motivate him to change Mewtwo and make him better in Smash 4? Sakurai takes pride in each of the Smash Bros. games, and I truly don't think it sounds like him to bring Mewtwo back as he was in Project M, which was arguably stolen; spoiled if you will.. This is all just a giant hunch, and not that I want to claim to know or understand Sakurai, because I don't. But I just don't see it being as simple as just bringing him back in Melee form.

Last edited:

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Honestly, I believe Sakurai would want to. I mean, as stated on a few different occasions, Sakurai has professed his feelings for Project M. & That those feelings aren't exactly the most positive lol. The reason I bring this up is that (at least what I think may be an area of conflict) even if Sakurai really enjoyed Mewtwo's Melee moveset, and it wasn't anything over-excitingly special as it was; don't you think that the fact Mewtwo was brought back in Project M and the fact that Sakurai clearly despises it would motivate him to change Mewtwo and make him better in Smash 4? Sakurai takes pride in each of the Smash Bros. games, and I truly don't think it sounds like him to bring Mewtwo back as he was in Project M, which was arguably stolen; spoiled if you will.. This is all just a giant hunch, and not that I want to claim to know or understand Sakurai, because I don't. But I just don't see it being as simple as just bringing him back in Melee form.
He really hates Project M? where is the source of this?

Sound for Souls

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0731-6074-6979
Last edited:

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Now that I think about it, I really wish Transformation FS changed with the pallet Swap like they did with Bowser in Project M

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul

Sound for Souls

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0731-6074-6979
LOL that's bulls*** don't believe a word of it. Sakurai would never talk like that!

Sounds like some random blog to me.
I thought that it could be, but regardless if it's real or not, I honestly can't see Sakurai being for a mod that stops people from playing his actual game.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Not really the place for this rant, but anyone else bugged by the fact that Charizard X is the only form for 'Zard's FS? His moveset wouldn't look out of place in the least if it was being used by his Y Mega-Evo.
Mewtwo's, on the other hand, would. His X form really looks geared for physical damage, while his Y form clearly suggest a sleek, speedier form. For this reason, I'd like to see his FS have nothing to do with either.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Not really the place for this rant, but anyone else bugged by the fact that Charizard X is the only form for 'Zard's FS? His moveset wouldn't look out of place in the least if it was being used by his Y Mega-Evo.
Mewtwo's, on the other hand, would. His X form really looks geared for physical damage, while his Y form clearly suggest a sleek, speedier form. For this reason, I'd like to see his FS have nothing to do with either.
I don't think Gamefreak would let the dev team for Mewtwo to get away with not letting them use either.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
I honestly see no reason why GameFreak would be allowed to dictate any of Sakurai's decisions.
Because, by Nintendo's standards and rules, basically own Pokemon and everything related to it in some way. sure Sakurai Senpai can take creative things with the fighters he can't not refuse something the game's developers tell him to do with those characters.

D

Deleted member

How about for Mewtwo FS it uses psystrike
But if you hold X he goes MMX
And if you hold Y he goes MMY

MMX would be bigger than normal Mewtwo, he would also have super armor on some of his attacks and weigh more than Defense-Shulk. His moveset would consist of all physical moves, each boasting drastically increased damage/knockback in comparison to normal Mewtwo, with mere aerials capable of inflicting over 18% damage. Also, by holding down A, MMX creates a large earthquake that boasts insane damage and knockback, but this move has long ending lag, but MMX's overall recovery is nerfed.
(MMX is the strongest of the three)

MMY would be smaller than normal Mewtwo, he boasts increased speed on attacks and movement surpassing Speed-Shulk. His moveset would consist of all psychic/energy based moves with about the same power (sometimes weaker, sometimes stronger), as Normal Mewtwo. MMY is capable of dealing insane psychic combos that can add up % fast. in addition to this, MMY can fly around for 2 seconds with complete control but can't fly again for another 5 seconds, however, MMY's weight becomes worst than Jigglypuff's.
(MMY is the fastest of the three)

See? everyone wins.

Let me know what you guys think of this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
How about for Mewtwo FS it uses psystrike
But if you hold X he goes MMX
And if you hold Y he goes MMY

MMX would be bigger than normal Mewtwo, he would also have super armor on some of his attacks and weigh more than Defense-Shulk. His moveset would consist of all physical moves, each boasting drastically increased damage/knockback in comparison to normal Mewtwo, with mere aerials capable of inflicting over 18% damage. Also, by holding down A, MMX creates a large earthquake that boasts insane damage and knockback, but this move has long ending lag, but MMX's overall recovery is nerfed.
(MMX is the strongest of the three)

MMY would be smaller than normal Mewtwo, he boasts increased speed on attacks and movement surpassing Speed-Shulk. His moveset would consist of all psychic/energy based moves with about the same power (sometimes weaker, sometimes stronger), as Normal Mewtwo. MMY is capable of dealing insane psychic combos that can add up % fast. in addition to this, MMY can fly around for 2 seconds with complete control but can't fly again for another 5 seconds, however, MMY's weight becomes worst than Jigglypuff's.
(MMY is the fastest of the three)

See? everyone wins.

Let me know what you guys think of this.
Rather than make things so complicated for an optional move, I'd say just have both mega evolutions appear for a cinematic kill everyone move.

Like, the other Mewtwo flies in from the foreground and all targets that were hit by that mewtwo are held in place with telekinesis as both Mewtwos mega evolve into their respective forms and do a combined psystrike.

Last edited:

Spirst

I cannot stand either of the Mewtwo mega evolution designs. X looks stiff, needlessly armored, and boring. Y looks even more stupid to me. Y is way too cutesy proportioned to be menacing like Mewtwo and the tail on the back of the head is ridiculous-looking. If they must be in for a FS, I agree with having it be cinematic based as opposed to transformation.

I don't care for Mega Charizard X either. It was executed too derpily for my tastes. Charizard Y is fine though.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
...I like both of Charizard's forms equally. They're awesome.

I honestly dislike both of Mewtwo's though. This is one of the reasons I hope he doesn't have either as a Final Smash.

Spatman

Smash Ace
Sure, here it is.
interesting speculation, but...
the reason why the NES zapper is in the pic is to show who is behind DHD's moves. Actually, the dog doesn't do anything in his shooting attacks (up smash, down smash, side smash, some specials) : there is another, fictional character (representing the human player who is using the zapper) who shoots, but imho there isn't need to show this "person"

Rather than make things so complicated for an optional move, I'd say just have both mega evolutions appear for a cinematic kill everyone move.

Like, the other Mewtwo flies in from the foreground and all targets that were hit by that mewtwo are held in place with telekinesis as both Mewtwos mega evolve into their respective forms and do a combined psystrike.
I don't know why this idea of two mega mewtwos on the screen at the same time developed...
a pokemon cannot split in two! It has not completely sense! :/

(this isn't a critique against you, but I really don't understand this idea and how is possible that so many people repeat it after it was invented in a leak already disproven)

Last edited:

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
While I don't hate the Mega Mewtwos, I don't think they amount to the sheer epicness of the original Mewtwo. I honestly don't think he even needs a mega-evolution. I really wouldn't mind if they somehow incorporated his Rocket armour into the game.

In regards to his final smash, I kinda hope Mewtwo doesn't have his mega-evols at all. Psystrike would be good enough for me.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I love both his Mega Evolutions immensely. They're both special and unique in their own way. The tail on Y's head was really creative to me. And X's shoulder-swirls and arms just looked cool to me. I liked both if their stats for different reasons. Y's had a absolutely ridiculous Special Attack stat and it was excellent for raw Special power. X's increased a stat that Mewtwo didn't focus on: His Attack stat. This made his physical attacks more powerful than normal. The other thing I really enjoyed about X was the fact that it gave Mewtwo an extra type. The Fighting-type allowed Mewtwo's Aura Sphere to be even more powerful than it normally was and it completely changed his weaknesses. This made it rather useful if you're against an opponent with Mewtwo's weaknesses.

However, all that said, I'd rather not see either as a Final Smash. I'm a huge fan of Mega Evolutions as a mechanic in Pokémon games, but not so much as Final Smashes. There are far more original, creative, even cooler ideas, like Signature Moves. That's why I fully support Psystrike as a Final Smash. I think it has more potential that his Mega Evolutions, and I think it will ultimately wind up better than anything we could do with his Mega Evolutions.

Last edited:

Spatman

Smash Ace
While I don't hate the Mega Mewtwos, I don't think they amount to the sheer epicness of the original Mewtwo. I honestly don't think he even needs a mega-evolution. I really wouldn't mind if they somehow incorporated his Rocket armour into the game.

In regards to his final smash, I kinda hope Mewtwo doesn't have his mega-evols at all. Psystrike would be good enough for me.
Seeing Charizard and Lucario, it seems they will ever use megaevolution for final smashes of pokemon with a(t least one) megaevolution.

Rocket armour topic: I'm pretty sure it won't be in the game (even if I would like this alt skin) : it doesn't appear in any games, and actually it would imply some differences in the stats (in a mod with so much fanservice as Project M this thing has been ignored, and in fact I find it so kitschy, but in the official new game of Super Smash Bros. series it is a factor that must be considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom