• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modular Zeal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tsquared
3DS FC
2750-1105-6750
http://smashboards.com/threads/mewtwo-custom-moveset-speculation.375093/

Clone as in game-play-wise? I sure as hell hope not. I think I've told Mewtwo fans time & time & time again of my thoughts if they really did that. You can't really import Melee Mewtwo onto SSB4, so Mewtwo will be made from scratch. There's no way Mewtwo could have a similar Up-B to Lucario, nor do I think Mewtwo will have a Down-B exactly like Lucario's either, but perhaps he'll have a Parry Down-B.
I was thinking that he would be a clone like how Ganon is to C. Falcon not like Dark Pit is to Pit. He would seem similar but the attacks would be very different and his speed would change. As long as he is floating and not walking I'm okay :) IDK just my thoughts.

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
I honestly think a lot of it is either the Ridley community, still salty and in denial, and the anti-everything-related-to-Pokemon crowd who are still campaigning for Excitebike or some other such twaddle, simply for the sake of being retro (and yet simultaneously complaining that DHD isn't retro enough.)
I've seen a lot of that, which is pretty asinine. Smash 4's cast has retro overload as it is. Not only did G&W and ROB (who many were sure would be on their way out for Smash 4) return in full capacity, you also got Little Mac, DHD, Mega Man, and Pac-Man. What more could they honestly want? I grew up with the 64, so retro characters don't interest me as it is.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
(Why hasn't then been posted yet..?)
I prefer the Japanese version because of Aitwo's story. Now that was heartbreaking and gives Mewtwo an even darker background.

http://smashboards.com/threads/mewtwo-custom-moveset-speculation.375093/

Clone as in game-play-wise? I sure as hell hope not. I think I've told Mewtwo fans time & time & time again of my thoughts if they really did that. You can't really import Melee Mewtwo onto SSB4, so Mewtwo will be made from scratch. There's no way Mewtwo could have a similar Up-B to Lucario, nor do I think Mewtwo will have a Down-B exactly like Lucario's either, but perhaps he'll have a Parry Down-B.

My bottomline thought: He'll be completely changed because this is a new game, & Mewtwo missed out on Brawl Academy. He's got a lot of make-up work to finish.

True, but If they were, it would be Mewtwo being the latter clone if he were to return with an identical move-set to Lucario.
Yeah there's no possible way they'd just clone Lucario. For one that would be weird, seeing Mewtwo do all those kung fu attacks, and if anything they would do a hybrid of Lucario, Palutena, Robin, Mega Man and Greninja. But even then I still think he'll get his own moveset. He has to be worthy of the coveted "DLC" and "exclusive" title right folks?

D

Deleted member

A little of topic it might be...
But does anybody want to Sm4sh with me?

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Yeah there's no possible way they'd just clone Lucario. For one that would be weird, seeing Mewtwo do all those kung fu attacks, and if anything they would do a hybrid of Lucario, Palutena, Robin, Mega Man and Greninja. But even then I still think he'll get his own moveset. He has to be worthy of the coveted "DLC" and "exclusive" title right folks?
Right. Personally I'd be face-palming if I saw Mewtwo's Side-B work in any way like Lucario's Force Palm. We're talking a darkness pulse of energy from Mewtwo's Side-B if his so-called "command grab" mechanic returning in the process, & Mewtwo's Shadow Ball not waving at all, & was shot straight-forward with visuals resembling the Aura Sphere, but purple instead obviously.

(HOLY HOTNESS THE HD VISUAL SHADOW BALL IS GONNA LOOK SO SICK)

As for the swimming thought, I kind of thought of Melee Mewtwo's walking animation where he's floating off the ground, but doing that in water. He'll wave his arms around & such cus apparently Mewtwo hit the Gym once or twice, & his tail could be floating upward as he swam. The drowning animation can show Mewtwo's facial visuals wide-eyed like anyone else & then everyone's idea about the bubble, would appear around Mewtwo once he completely submerges under water. Slowly falling, eventually losing a stock unless he was already Meteor smashed.

EDIT: When Mewtwo's completely submerged, but isn't KO'd by a Meteor smash move, the bubble appears around Mewtwo until he slowly rises upward & reaches the surface, popping his bubble.

^ Now I want this to be a reality.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I'm a little late to the party, but I'll go on ahead. Mewtwo's swimming animation should have him cross his arms and telekinetically swim, and his drowning animation would be him calmly splashing in the water, because nothing scares Mewtwo, not even teetering on a ledge and looking straight into a bottomless chasm with only your toes keeping you from falling to your death. His sinking animation would have him put his palm in front if his mouth and his hand up as he plummeted downward, and his rising animation would have him telekinetically swim upward, without moving his feet or legs.
As for Mewtwo being a clone, not only do I highly despise the idea, I see it as highly unlikely. I mean, 5+ months on one character's gotta mean something, right? He won't be a 5-minute copy-paste like Dark Pit, and I don't think he'll be a clone by any stretch of the imagination. He will be his own character, with an original moveset, like he ought to be.
And before people shove a brick down my esophagus about Dark Pit, let me say that I think he's an awesome character from what I've seen and heard. I like his personality and concept a lot. I just think Sakurai should have done a better job with his moveset, or even just left him out. There's a far more deserving rival-type character who could've been in, anyways. *Cough-:wolf:-cough*

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
I kinda picture Mewtwo floating in the water as if he were flying through the air. No real "Swimming" because that doesn't seem to fit in my mind. XD They'll probably give him an actual swimming animation and drowning just, so it's easy to recognize.

Just picture Mewtwo doing the butterfly stroke. Gosh, that'd be out of character but hilarious.

Last edited:

KieRanaRan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KieRanaRan
3DS FC
0662-3728-1857
I think they'll keep a lot of his Melee move-set, but change up some of it a lå Pit.

Personally I'd like to see another down-special for Mewtwo. I just think he's a Pokémon that's shown to be capable of so, so much. I wouldn't mind if it was the same, though.

LoveGame

NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
I just think Sakurai should have done a better job with his moveset, or even just left him out. There's a far more deserving rival-type character who could've been in, anyways. *Cough-:wolf:-cough*
If both of my undisputed top mains were in Smash 4... Damn, I wouldn't know what to do! I'd probably drop a few of my current ones. No one has ever come close to replacing them for me! I even main them both near-equally in PM.

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
-Mewtwo
ones birth as in dlc for smash brothers just thought it was funny

D

Deleted member

I think they'll keep a lot of his Melee move-set, but change up some of it a lå Pit.

Personally I'd like to see another down-special for Mewtwo. I just think he's a Pokémon that's shown to be capable of so, so much. I wouldn't mind if it was the same, though.
I do think Mewtwo will be largely the same as he was in Melee, but I agree that it would be nice if he got at least one new/updated special. I would love Barrier in place of Disable. :)

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
I'm a little late to the party, but I'll go on ahead. Mewtwo's swimming animation should have him cross his arms and telekinetically swim, and his drowning animation would be him calmly splashing in the water, because nothing scares Mewtwo, not even teetering on a ledge and looking straight into a bottomless chasm with only your toes keeping you from falling to your death. His sinking animation would have him put his palm in front if his mouth and his hand up as he plummeted downward, and his rising animation would have him telekinetically swim upward, without moving his feet or legs.
As for Mewtwo being a clone, not only do I highly despise the idea, I see it as highly unlikely. I mean, 5+ months on one character's gotta mean something, right? He won't be a 5-minute copy-paste like Dark Pit, and I don't think he'll be a clone by any stretch of the imagination. He will be his own character, with an original moveset, like he ought to be.
And before people shove a brick down my esophagus about Dark Pit, let me say that I think he's an awesome character from what I've seen and heard. I like his personality and concept a lot. I just think Sakurai should have done a better job with his moveset, or even just left him out. There's a far more deserving rival-type character who could've been in, anyways. *Cough-:wolf:-cough*
-I thought swimming was taken out... But if he were, I'd picture him swimming by crossing his arms and moving his body and tail in a serpentine, crocodile-like manner.
-The only circumstance I can consider Mewtwo a clone is in his lore, as he's a clone of Mew. As far as gameplay is concerned, the only real similarities between him and Lucario are: their Neutral-B moves are chargable energy projectiles that fly in a unique pattern, their somewhat "floaty" jumps, and their Up-B recoveries.
-Finally, Sakurai stated in an interview that the "clone characters" in Smash 4 are essentially alternate costumes they just put a little more work into; their inclusion did not necessitate the exclusion of other characters because they were "less work." Source: http://nintendoeverything.com/sakurai-on-the-clone-characters-in-smash-bros-wii-u3ds/

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
-I thought swimming was taken out... But if he were, I'd picture him swimming by crossing his arms and moving his body and tail in a serpentine, crocodile-like manner.
-The only circumstance I can consider Mewtwo a clone is in his lore, as he's a clone of Mew. As far as gameplay is concerned, the only real similarities between him and Lucario are: their Neutral-B moves are chargable energy projectiles that fly in a unique pattern, their somewhat "float" jumps, and their Up-B recoveries.
-Finally, Sakurai stated in an interview that the "clone characters" in Smash 4 are essentially alternate costumes they just put a little more work into; their inclusion did not necessitate the exclusion of other characters because they were "less work." Source: http://nintendoeverything.com/sakurai-on-the-clone-characters-in-smash-bros-wii-u3ds/
Ah! I hadn't read that article! Well, it definently justifies Dark Pit more, even if I still feel strange that he was included. I miss Wolf, and everyone else cut. But, knowing that Dark Pit didn't take his or anyone else's place makes me feel a lot better. Thanks for posting this! It was very insightful and helped me understand Dark Pit's inclusion!

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Oh my... Wolftwo? Did they put on the potara earrings?
They tried, but as a result, Wolf is only one syllable, thus the fusion of names failed, leading to the fusion becoming a complete & utter failure.

So now, for the new strongest Psychic being in the Universe, Mewtwo has nominated Lucas to be his fusion partner, creating the strongest entity. . .
Mewcas! The Ultimate Life Psy form!:troll:

*insert my bad photoshop image of cropping character body parts*

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Ah! I hadn't read that article! Well, it definently justifies Dark Pit more, even if I still feel strange that he was included. I miss Wolf, and everyone else cut. But, knowing that Dark Pit didn't take his or anyone else's place makes me feel a lot better. Thanks for posting this! It was very insightful and helped me understand Dark Pit's inclusion!
I think he was more justified than doctor mario, at least he's a different character

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
They tried, but as a result, Wolf is only one syllable, thus the fusion of names failed, leading to the fusion becoming a complete & utter failure.

So now, for the new strongest Psychic being in the Universe, Mewtwo has nominated Lucas to be his fusion partner, creating the strongest entity. . .

I've already begun the experiments, Masonomace. It shouldn't be much longer...

IT IS COMPLETE!
Mucas.png

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I think he was more justified than doctor mario, at least he's a different character
While this is true, keep in mind: Not only was Doc a veteran, but he has a series of games, and is the starring character in every single one, save for Doctor Luigi. Dark Pit, while an awesome character, only appeared in one game in the series, and, while he is a major character, is not the central focus. However, Doc is the same character, which can't be said for Dark Pit, so I definently see your reasoning. I suppose it all just comes down to what one considers "justifying" a character's inclusion. I respect your opinion, and your logic is sound, I guess its just that I guess my idea of "character justice" is different from yours.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
While this is true, keep in mind: Not only was Doc a veteran, but he has a series of games, and is the starring character in every single one, save for Doctor Luigi. Dark Pit, while an awesome character, only appeared in one game in the series, and, while he is a major character, is not the central focus. However, Doc is the same character, which can't be said for Dark Pit, so I definently see your reasoning. I suppose it all just comes down to what one considers "justifying" a character's inclusion. I respect your opinion, and your logic is sound, I guess its just that I guess my idea of "character justice" is different from yours.
I just don't see the point in literally having another mario, especially when that series is already so oversaturated, It already has 6 reps and then there's yoshi and wario who are just extensions of mario. You could even count DK since they originated from the same series

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I just don't see the point in literally having another mario, especially when that series is already so oversaturated, It already has 6 reps and then there's yoshi and wario who are just extensions of mario. You could even count DK since they originated from the same series
Ah, yes! I'd forgotten about the extreme character saturation for the Mario series. That's a huge point against Doctor Mario. Oh well, it seems, to me at least, that Doctor Mario and Dark Pit are justified and unjustified for different reasons. I see what you're saying, and couldn't agree with you more on the over-saturation.

LoveGame

NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334

Oh noes! But Mewcas sounds like "Mucus"...

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Oh noes! But Mewcas sounds like "Mucus"...
Originally that was what I had in mind for the lols.
:troll:
That's until they forcefully de-fuse destroying the Potara earrings, & learn how to fuse manually, becoming the stronger fusion variation.
Behold! Lutwo!. . .:yeahboi:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I wouldn't say the Mario series is oversaturated...there have been a lot of Mario games, and a lot of characters in them.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Hey, ya know, I was just thinking about how my Barrier Custom Move was made Confusion redundant, especially considering all of my Confusion Customs can act as reflector, as well. Then, I had an idea! A similar idea has been brought up before, but this Barrier Custom Special change I had in mind gave it a damaging hitbox, but it had a limited time before it dissipated. However, the biggest change is that Mewtwo can place Barrier, and it will eat up damage. Just for comparison, here's the descriptions for the old and new Barrier Customs.
(Old) B Custom 1-Barrier-This Shadow Ball is identical in appearance to a normal Shadow Ball. It charges very fast and charges to be extremely large and completely cover Mewtwo. This allows it to act as a shield. It reflects projectiles-It reflects them at 65% of their original speed and twice the damage. Mewtwo cannot throw it. Hitting B causes him to disperse it and deal minimal damage. Enemies who walk into a held barrier take no damage or knockback.

(New) B Custom 1-Barrier-This Shadow Ball is identical in appearance to a normal Shadow Ball. It charges very fast and charges to be extremely large and completely cover Mewtwo. This allows it to act as a shield. It completely blocks all projectiles and anyone who walks into it takes small electrical damage. Barrier can also eat physical attacks as long the hitbox does not touch Mewtwo. They do not take knockback. Mewtwo cannot hold this Barrier indefinitely. It dissipates after 8-10 seconds. Barrier will also shatter of it eats too much damage. The maximum amount of damage that can be absorbed it 27%. The attack will pierce Barrier and may strike Mewtwo if Barrier shatters. Mewtwo can also place Barrier by pressing B again. This removes its ability to be tossed. Barrier still eats damage when placed and its time before dissipating is slightly decreased. The maximum amount of damage that can be absorbed is increased to 30% and Barrier's damaging properties are toned down when placed. Barrier can still shatter when placed. The attack follows through if it shatters Barrier. The maximum amount of Barriers that can be placed on-screen at once it 3. Exceeding this limit results in the oldest Barrier currently on-screen to dissipate. Dissipating Barriers do 1% damage more and changes the element to Darkness regardless of if they are being held or not. No knockback is dealt by dissipating Barriers.
I'm curious: Which would you guys rather see as a Barrier Custom?

LoveGame

NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
guise where wer u when mewtwo was confirm ?

D

Deleted member

But it already has more representation than any other series, It's not like it needs anymore. Especially not another mario
But wait...
They're literally the same Mario...

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Let's be real. Mario has enough love-- what about Metroid DK StarFox & F-Zero. And Mother, I'm not heartbroken & sobbing over Ice Climber series, yet.

At least Mewtwo's back. All of my speculation this time around didn't go to waste. None of our ideas went to waste!
I was at a friends house with many others watching the Direct on the very same day it was showcasing. We all got hyped by fact #5.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
It just hit me on something a perfect scenario on mewtwo coming back

Now i never watched this but

I remember seeing the news on brian the dog got killed mewtwo is brian which presents the day the twitch thing aired from the 3ds

But october 23rd later stewie time traveled to save brian from being killed Stewie = DLC characters

A nice perfect scenario i have to say

D

Deleted member

But it already has more representation than any other series, It's not like it needs anymore. Especially not another mario
I think the real question is how much representation a series deserves to have. It should be proportional, ideally. One Earthbound rep is enough, for example, considering only three games were ever made, and of those only one was localized outside of Japan. I think adding Palutena was a great addition and 2 reps for Kid Icarus seemed fine with me. I don't dislike Dark Pit, but in that case, considering there have only been a few Kid Icarus games total, 3 reps seems kinda much, right?

On the other hand, Mario is the flagship franchise of Nintendo, and there have been countless Mario games to date, accumulating a large number of interesting and recurring characters. It only makes sense to have more Mario characters than most other franchises. I think Pokemon is in a similar boat.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I was sitting in a dark room in front of my computer. I was excited for everything announced. Then: "Now it's time for a special announcement!" I froze. What could it be? Those feet... It couldn't... could it? Yes! It is!! "Fact 54: MEWTWO IS ON THE WAY!!" Spring 2015! I couldn't believe my eyes! All those years if waiting had finally paid off! And I now had an excuse to do what I'd always plan to do should this momentous occasion ever occur. This:

ONE GIF IS NOT ENOUGH TO CONTAIN ALL MY EXCITEMENT!!!!!! (Although the last one comes pretty close)

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I was sitting in a dark room in front of my computer. I was excited for everything announced. Then: "Now it's time for a special announcement!" I froze. What could it be? Those feet... It couldn't... could it? Yes! It is!! "Fact 54: MEWTWO IS ON THE WAY!!" Spring 2015! I couldn't believe my eyes! All those years if waiting had finally paid off! And I now had an excuse to do what I'd always plan to do should this momentous occasion ever occur. This:

ONE GIF IS NOT ENOUGH TO CONTAIN ALL MY EXCITEMENT!!!!!! (Although the last one comes pretty close)
I have a reaction thread if you want to post this there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom