• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(Faclo) What do you think of Pokemon Trainer?

Bomber7

Smash Hero
This is just a general discussion. I want to see, out of curiocity, what you guys think of Pokemon Trainer. Speak freely but please dont start a flame war. Tell me what you think of PT. Pro's, Con's, Stregnths, weaknesses? Does PT stand a chance against a Falco player? Talk about anything you canthink of from moves, strategies, etc.:chuckle:

null55

Smash Master
Bread is literally my favorite food. Especially baguette. With butter, or olive oil and ground pepper, maybe some brie. Blad knows what I'm talking about...

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
I think perhaps, you should have searched the forums. Is this concept beyond all of you? If you think of something, more than likely, someone thought of it before you, and they made a thread, and discussed it. With this in mind, you should probably search the forums before you clutter the boards up with this waste of space.

PS. Don't blame me, blame the bread.

BEES

Smash Lord
Squirtle gives me a world of pain, but the other two aren't that bad. They have very good 'jump into the ****' moves that you definitely have to watch out for. They have disrupted many an attempted phantasm.

If you want to really annoy a Faclo, use Squirtle when you're at a low percent, then switch directly to Charizard at mid percents, then switch back to Squirtle again at high percents and be as campy as possible.

PCHU

Smash Lord
Bread is the best.
Shrimp follows shortly after, and fried tofu comes in third.
Though I haven't had much, it sounds good.

But utilize your pizza cake properly, DON'T TRY MEAT (just don't try bird meat), and above all, keep everyone's HANDS OFF YOUR BREAD.
If they even TOUCH the bread, it is corrupt and cannot be used.
Even worse, it disappears.
That's why you MUST dtaunt.
That's how you stay pro, dtaunt at SOME POINT in the match.

Seriously.....
Work your way into victory.
I don't care HOW you do it, just do it.
No Falco should ever be looked down upon if we can keep that up.
Even better.....
TOP TIERS!
But we also try to not make Falco look cheap.
So, what we do is PWN them with normal moves, but in an amazing way.
No chaining, unless it's some serious business (Like the business in the "Do only falco mainers have bread? thread.....).

ixdnL

Smash Journeyman
This bread thing, no matter how much I want it to, won't die down.

Fluke

Smash Journeyman
This bread thing, no matter how much I want it to, won't die down.
Of course it won't. If bread shall (and won't) fail, we will always switch to pizza cake to regain our bread.

About PT for a start, Charizard is simply easy to chaingrab at low percent.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
The only one who gives trouble is Squirtle and that's only a 5:5 matchup. Zard is 6:4, you can laser camp and CG him to death but his grab range and quick tilts save him from being dominated. Ivysaur is just lol.

And Faclo has pitta bread, a poor imitation for our superior bread.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
That's fine with me. I dont want your bread. Your bread doesnt come with my family's awsome garlic-olive oil dip. MMMMM yummy.

zamz

Smash Journeyman
Bomber, you've obviously never tried Falco's bread. There is no alternative. If only you knew what you were missing...Too bad.

Kazon

Smash Cadet
Bomber, you've obviously never tried Falco's bread. There is no alternative. If only you knew what you were missing...Too bad.
he just had faclo's bread, which is, of course, worse the original.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Uh huh, hmmm let me think. Even if that is true, I think Charz stands the bast chance. Squirtle second most and then Ivy. Ivy might not stand a chance because to razor leaf and the fact that falco can out camp him(like all the other pokemon) but Ivy is slower than the other pokemon, even when running.

mysticwolf

Smash Journeyman
Uh huh, hmmm let me think. Even if that is true, I think Charz stands the bast chance. Squirtle second most and then Ivy. Ivy might not stand a chance because to razor leaf and the fact that falco can out camp him(like all the other pokemon) but Ivy is slower than the other pokemon, even when running.
Really? I think Squirt stands the best chance, then Charz, and then Ivy.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I guess it all depends on who's playing Charz and Squirt. But one thing is certain, we can agree that Ivy doesnt stand much of a chance

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Well let's talk realisticly here, not every PT you will will die from that tactic. The only way to pull it off would be a master at it and be able to analyze the situation and calculate perfectly for the meteor smash and get them in the postion of utter uselessness when off the stage. Also it's not as though every PT you face will be as n00bish as some people claim.

PCHU

Smash Lord
Well let's talk realisticly here, not every PT you will will die from that tactic. The only way to pull it off would be a master at it and be able to analyze the situation and calculate perfectly for the meteor smash and get them in the postion of utter uselessness when off the stage. Also it's not as though every PT you face will be as n00bish as some people claim.
I agree.
Sometimes you miss with the meteor.
It's not as easy as everyone says.
I successfully meteor'd my friends about four times to their death, but there's always a chance of either missing or hitting with the wrong spot.

You could laserlock.
I did that to my friend today, and I got him in about 3 laserlocks, would've been four, but I as I landed, I forgot to keep up the laser.
He's an amateur, so sorry if it's not that easy.
You really have to catch people offguard with that.
Anytime you see them flop off the ground, shoot them.
Try and lure them over to the edge.
If they aren't too good (And hey, even good people get tripped up by this), they'll fall for the edge attack (under 100%) and simply laserlock afterwards.
I do it all the time online.
May not work in one on one, but I'm just giving ideas.

Is squirtle available for laserlocking and chaingrabbing?

wangston

Smash Lord
Hitting with the wrong spot of the d-air?????? Ummmmm it is impossible to miss if you buffer dash and diar. The only way you miss any of the PT's pokemon is if they are at too high of a percent and they fly to far away to hit. Or if you don't leave yourself enough room to dash then you won't get the momentum to hit with the d-air.

bowz

Smash Journeyman
Charizard has three jumps, do we not remember that? He can get past the meteor. I believe Ivy can as well, with a perfectly timed up b. Squirtle has no chance.
I still think charizard has the best chance. That is, after squirtle has racked up some damage. Charizard can regrab a Falco or skip the regrab into A combo or ftilt. Plus he can gimp Falco with flamethrower.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Is squirtle available for laserlocking and chaingrabbing?[/QUOTE]

I'm unfamiliar with the term laser locking, will you explain that to me and I will be able to tell you if Squirt or anyone in PT's team is capable of that.

Top Bottom