• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(Faclo) What do you think of Pokemon Trainer?

Bomber7

Smash Hero
And it's also apparent that the PT you played sucked. He wasn't even that mobile even as squirtle or ivy when he could have turned the tide on you. Not to mention you should know that no one on this forum cares about what happens online, they only care about the proof shown in tournys.

PCHU

Smash Lord
Hitting with the wrong spot of the d-air?????? Ummmmm it is impossible to miss if you buffer dash and diar. The only way you miss any of the PT's pokemon is if they are at too high of a percent and they fly to far away to hit. Or if you don't leave yourself enough room to dash then you won't get the momentum to hit with the d-air.
It's called ledgedrop -> DJ -> dair -> your recovery and Charizard's death.

wangston

Smash Lord
I have a friend that mains PT in real life and I do the same thing to him. So much so that he is feeling like changing his main. I don't know maybe he sucks too and he is using horrible DI or he isn't trying to get out of it, or maybe he doesn't know how to recover. Maybe i'm wrong about PT maybe he can't get chain grabbed and spiked maybe my friends sucks with PT. I'm positive you can always connect with the spike as long as they are at a low enough percent.

It doesn't matter how good you are if you get chaingrabbed your going to get grabbed just as much as anyone else, so that guys skill doesn't really matter, it's the fact that he was chain grabbed and spiked that is what I was trying to show.

Further more if you look on the Flaco chain grab project where people test the chain grab and all move and types of DI to get out of it you will see that PT has this on him

Any character than can be chain grabbed and spiked is a disadvantage.
# Squirtle : 0-45 % (5 times from 0%)
Counters : None.

# Ivysaur : 0-45 % (5 times from 0%)
Counters : None. [To be confirmed]

# Charizard : 0-45 % (4 times from 0%)
Counters : None.

Elliot Gale

Smash Ace
That logic isn't the best. Every character can be CGd from 0 to death by Ice Climbers, but does that mean they're all at a disadvantage? Of course not, ICs are utterly average and have disadvantage to about half the cast.

Of course I'm not saying it doesn't matter that you can CG to spike, but it's not a humongous part of the match-up.

Charizard can CG-follow up on Falco in a similar fashion from 0 as well.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
EGale proves a point. The match up can not only rely on that CG factor. Just because a character can CG does not make them a god above all characters, even the "low to bottom tier" characters. It seems as though on this website those who are not in the "high tier" or above are never given any credit and the respect they deserve. Otherwise if you are "mid-tier" you arent looked down upon as much. Low to bottom, you are highly encouraged to switch to an "acceptable" tier character. Good example is the Sheik threads. My friend was rejected when he innocently visited that board and was encouraged to stop maining as Sheik.

Top Bottom