• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

F-Zero Pit Stop F-zero For Wii??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon Master Luigi

Smash Apprentice
F-Zero has come out on almost all the Nintendo home consoles, doesn't F-Zero deserve to appear on the Wii? It would probably be Wi-fi with 30 or less players able to race on one track. Do u guys think this is a great idea?

FierceDeityWolf

Smash Ace
In a place where the grass is green and the girls
**** YES!! AWESOME IDEA!! GOD BLESS YOU FOR HAVING A WONDERFUL BRAIN, CREATIVITY, AND INTELLIGENCE!!!

*ahem, cough* Why don't they just make it already? I completely agree with you on the console thing, but I AM guessing they will make one for the Wii. God help them if they don't. It could be named something like F-Zero Rush or F-Zero YX.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I think that the there is no way they could have 30 players in one game with wi-fi and not have really bad lag. That game is already pushing the limits with 4 players, I don't think the system could handle all 30 signals at once. Maybe the wi-fi would be without too detailed background scenery, and only have as many cars on the track as the latency could handle.

DH_Ninja

Smash Ace
I'd love to see a F zero game for the Wii. 30 people online i na single race would be awesome. But i don't think it will. Nintendo will do what they can, they keep all there F zero games always going at 60 frames per second, no matter what, so i think they will cut down on graphic capability for online. *which does blow.* I believe they had to do that with F zero X for the n64, sacrifice graphics for game speed.

Sariku

Smash Master
F-Zero always sucked in the Graphics compartment, but makes up in sheer fun and speed. Just like alot of Sonic games. Note Sonic The Hedgehog O6, The game looked beautiful, but it was full of glitches and such. Nintendo made F-Zero 64 look bad so it is funner, and it seems like alot of people agreed it was worthwhile.

Dragon Master Luigi

Smash Apprentice
F-Zero always sucked in the Graphics compartment, but makes up in sheer fun and speed. Just like alot of Sonic games. Note Sonic The Hedgehog O6, The game looked beautiful, but it was full of glitches and such. Nintendo made F-Zero 64 look bad so it is funner, and it seems like alot of people agreed it was worthwhile.
Umm... F-Zero GX has a huge improvement in graphics and it looks awesome has very few glitches, I still play it everyday(after smash), to practice for time trials or play story mode.. F-Zero X is still a great game todate!!

shadowari

Smash Rookie
As much as i love the idea of playing f-zero on the wii, i think it would be kinda difficult playing it on the wii because of the controller.

NeBz

Smash Journeyman
At E3 they announced a steering wheel controler.
That kinda is the problem. F-Zero racers are too fast to be controlled by the steering wheel. Drift and Slide turns would be harder to execute too. A steering wheel would work for mario kart, but not for a game like F-Zero.

Ice man

Smash Journeyman
That kinda is the problem. F-Zero racers are too fast to be controlled by the steering wheel. Drift and Slide turns would be harder to execute too. A steering wheel would work for mario kart, but not for a game like F-Zero.
Yeah thats true. Well I'm sure nintendo will think of somthing

bijoukaiba

Smash Journeyman
The idea of a new F-Zero excites me. But could the soundtrack top that of GX? Some people have also suggested entering Samus Aran into the Grand Prix, or including a character similar to her (like they did with James McCloud and EAD), and then creating a 2-person story mode revolving around Falcon and "Samus" that would actually involve some bounty hunting instead of making the game solely about racing.

Any opinion?

maximus

Smash Apprentice
The idea of a new F-Zero excites me. But could the soundtrack top that of GX? Some people have also suggested entering Samus Aran into the Grand Prix, or including a character similar to her (like they did with James McCloud and EAD), and then creating a 2-person story mode revolving around Falcon and "Samus" that would actually involve some bounty hunting instead of making the game solely about racing.

Any opinion?

Wow.... I never thought of it that way.... I don't know if they would want to incorporate Samus in any significant way, though the Prime series is supposed to be over at :Corruption... Sounds like something that might be apart of the Subspace thing in Brawl, but I dunno. I think it would be cool, but it would be more likely for Nintendo to just make a bigger storymode for Falcon, maybe involving some hand to hand combat, poker, special missions...but a true do it yourself storymode with a prerendered atmosphere including all the locations from Port Town to Aeropolis? Add a smart A.I. system and the ability to travel around through the planets at one's own pleasure, and I'd give it game of the year! But I think the best thing we'll get is a polished version of GX w/ a slightly better storymode and more pilots/tracks, and, hopefully, online capacity... Your idea is awesome though.:)

captfalcon1345

Smash Cadet
F-Zero would definently add to the fun racing games that are coming out for the Wii, such as Mario Kart Wii (they could also include a wheel with F-Zero)

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Good idea or not, we are still a long way from that happening. I still remember hearing about F-Zero for the DS at E3 06, but we haven't heard anything new about it since.

iMichael

Smash Lord
Omg F-Zero with Wi-fi connection! With up to 30 racers you say? Man that's just to awesome right there I don't see why they wouldn't do that...unless they don't like making money of course.

AAbatterie

Smash Apprentice
Being that the F-Zero franchise isn't that popular (compared to Mario Kart anyway), I don't think the game would sell that great on the Wii. Hopefully they'll make one though. But 30 people online is probably not gonna happen, maybe aim for like 8 people, even though that's kind of small...

NeBz

Smash Journeyman
F-Zero GX didn't sell well because it was too hard for those n00bs out there... They'll probably dum down F-Zero wii a bit for that, which will suck! :(

And don't except brawl to have good online. I can assure you that it will suck, for it is a game of mili seconds and and little amount of mili second lag could ruin the whole match.

MattDel

Smash Apprentice
Cleveland, Ohio (who actually puts this here?)
F-Zero GX didn't sell well because it was too hard for those n00bs out there... They'll probably dum down F-Zero wii a bit for that, which will suck! :(
yea, GX was probably too hard for most people... hell, the "very hard" setting on story mode was near impossible at times... I like a challenging game though... there need to be more. :ohwell:

iMichael

Smash Lord
Being realistic we know there wont be up to 30 players online...just saying how awesome that would be...but maybe 4-6....I'm really thinking just 4 though.

marth's son 10

Smash Cadet
F-Zero is the gayest ****ing I have ever played. Alpha Zealot is a D O U C H E B A G. Seriously, he likes licking N I G G E R testicles.

Hallowed Storm

Smash Journeyman
I'd love to see a game like this for Wii.
GX was a great game- and for some reason, the controls suited me perfectly- after I played on my first day, everything had already begun to feel natural. My favorite part was customization.
I just hope, if they do make F-Zero for Wii, that the controls will still be smooth and feel natural, as well as be responsive. (NFS Carbon didn't feel that great. Excite Truck felt okay.)

maximus

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I would have to agree that the main struggle with the process of making a new F-Zero game is creating a functional control scheme. That, coupled with the fact that GX was not a huge success sales-wise--though there is (us); a small group of fans who love the series to death. I try to remind myself that F-Zero GX didn't come out on the GC until the system had been out for two years, but I do wish Nintendo would at least announce that they plan to make another F-Zero game (probably with Sega again, in light of the recent slew of games they've been buddy-buddy about). I can only hope...

Jok3r

Smash Apprentice
Wow F-Zero for wii That sounds interesting ..That be great if they had online and like 16+ plus people playing =)

CHAOSDRAGON88

Smash Ace
I wish they would make the game for the wii, but try and perfect the controls. Or else we'll end up with a shoddy port like farcry instincts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom