• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fµlly Nëw Chàrácter Archive

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Snake dosn't need guns, he can kick *** without them. Have you seen his CQC (Mostly in MGS4)? Nintendo thought it would be cool to make most of his moves rely on explosives, otherwise us MGS fans would complain.

Although Shadow dosn't need them, i'd add on to his character a lot.
I mean, we only have one article we can replace, it's not like we're going to add a ****load of weaponry... just a pistol... that's all.
I know what snake is capable of, I've beaten every MGS game, he's got good combat skills but it's a big stretch to say he would've gotten anywhere without his guns, they're more of an integral art to his gameplay

Whereas with Shadow they're just a crappy gimmick, their completely unnecessary, and you had a choice to use them, plus chaos spear works just fine and better since you can charge it, a pistol is just unnecessary

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
I know what snake is capable of, I've beaten every MGS game, he's got good combat skills but it's a big stretch to say he would've gotten anywhere without his guns, they're more of an integral art to his gameplay
I think Snake could of gone on without them in certain situations, he's the master of stealth...
Well, Big Boss is really.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Yea. Big Boss is more independent of guns than Solid Snake is thanks to CQC.

There are only a few small moments where he NEEDED to use a gun.

Too bad Solid refused to use the art until MGS4. -_-

Using the method I use to enable wall jumps DOES NOT WORK FOR CRAWLS.

Gray Fox doesn't need it anyway.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
That would need a spare special action, like the old wall jump method that PSAs like Char and Naruto used.
My NEW method does not since it goes directly to the PassiveWallJump Action.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
I really would like metroid but I do not wish to replace Pikachu (The only people I can bring my self to replace are the polygons.) Is there a third option for me? (Option one being replace pikachu and option two being not use metroid.)

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman

I recall Snake first using it during the Events of Zanzibar Land and Outer Haven, but after he took down Big Boss(Or did he really kill him*smirk*), he banned himself from using it since he was taught "evil" by him.
I guess he kinda broke that promise in MGS4... probably because of his accelerated aging and the little time he had to complete the mission.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I really would like metroid but I do not wish to replace Pikachu (The only people I can bring my self to replace are the polygons.) Is there a third option for me? (Option one being replace pikachu and option two being not use metroid.)
There's a 4th: Wait for another event to happen.

BTW, It's Outer Heaven not Haven. 2 different places.

I'm waiting for ANOTHER event to happen: A release of the bone editor version that can add bones legitly.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
I think Snake could of gone on without them in certain situations, he's the master of stealth...
Well, Big Boss is really.

Yea but they were more of an integral part to the gameplay still, Sonic games are platformers first and foremost

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Just like MGS is a stealth game first and foremost.

The guns were just better incorporated is all.
Doesn't make it integral to the character or gameplay or anything like that.

What about Starfox outside of the Arwing then????

I wish I could find the NodeTree of a model to edit it.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I already coded Wall Jumping it and it works better than Brawl's normal wall jumping.
Scar jumping FTW.

All I need to do is to properly edit the NodeTree so the Extrabones are correctly linked, fixing all issues with the Extrabones.

When it happens, I'll release V0.4 of Gray Fox and V0.2 of Lyn.

ds22

Smash Lord
I already coded Wall Jumping it and it works better than Brawl's normal wall jumping.
Scar jumping FTW.

All I need to do is to properly edit the NodeTree so the Extrabones are correctly linked, fixing all issues with the Extrabones.

When it happens, I'll release V0.4 of Gray Fox and V0.2 of Lyn.
One small thing I noticed when adding your Walljump coding is that when you let yourself drop down from a ledge (with a wall directly connected to it), a Walljump is performed.
Don't know if it's just me, but I noticed.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
The guns were just better incorporated is all.
Exactly, no need to use something that was a terrible unnecessary implementation in his own game especially seeing as it was not only unnecessary for the gameplay, but it was also completely unnecessary and obsolete for his character

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Yeah. It does that in Melee too when I use Falcon, but I feel it's better than the old method of using a special action.

Smasher008

Smash Rookie
Hey just wanted to say this thread is awesome XD

butta yea i think i would be even more awesome if in the initial post ya guys included links that led to each of the finished/almost finished modded characters thread/page

yea... so that uhh itll be easier to find em haha yea i kno im bein lazy but i think its a good idea ^^

mariodk

Smash Ace
hey i am back on this topic for ppl who wanted my shadow over a other then DK. i got good news i can port him to marth too :) and then he got no more pickup big items bug but then he got other bugs atleast abit easyer to fix :)

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
Is there a way to give alloys final smashes? I would like to give my green alloy a copy of mario's final smash.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
It could go either way, really, because they do seem to react to having a smash ball, but the "code" to give them specials has limitations, so you might be limited with the final smash too if you can add one.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
i'd say most likely not, but i don't know that much about PSA. they have actions in the Specials tab, but they're all empty, and they're missing the spots in the Sub Actions tab that the regular characters have (1CE and down), so that's why i would think not. but you won't know unless you try.

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
Oh no, i'm going to do what i did with Clare.

totally remake the character from scratch. which is why i want a model port. not a WHOLE port.

this time though, i hope to learn a wee bit of PSA.

DECIDED:

It'll go over Ganondorf...

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
Ummm.... It's a whole new PSA, there won't be any power shots, or Missiles within this Dark Samus PSA...

i want a Samus Vs Dark Samus fight, and i am putting it over Ganong, cause Ganon is rahter well dumb....

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Oh well.
I'm almost ready to reveal a PSA I've been making while waiting for the MDl0 converter/bone editor update to come.

Snapshots coming later(maybe).

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Ummm.... It's a whole new PSA, there won't be any power shots, or Missiles within this Dark Samus PSA...

i want a Samus Vs Dark Samus fight, and i am putting it over Ganong, cause Ganon is rahter well dumb....
Well, you won't be able to play as Tabuu then. :D

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
Hmm, i forgot all about TABUU....

Well Samus has the smallest amount of bones for any character i noticed.... and porting her over someone is going to prove difficult... i might reconsider over someone else.

Top Bottom