• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fµlly Nëw Chàrácter Archive

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Meta Knight.

I'll do my best to make him great but not better than the character he's replacing.
For obvious reasons.

Meta Knight's borderline broken.

What's cool is that I found a parameter in the other section of the subactions of PSA involving his cape and wings.

I removed his wings via polygon deleter so when 0B010200's second parameter is set to 2, he's invisible.
When it's set to 0, it's visible.

yoyox120

Smash Rookie
I'd say you should put him on marth or some other swords man MK is too small for Grey Fox Could be wrong though just an opinion umm by the way can you help me with this ok I got the 3.5.1 file patch code for NTSC-U and have textures runnnig perfectly but when i rename and put the stage textures in stage/melee and then choose the stage the game freezes. If this im using gecko OS on Homebrew channel ok thanks

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Putting him over Marth(or any of the other swordsmen for that matter) isn't feasible because of the TransN(Snapback problem) and the game freezing when items are grabbed.
MK solves both of these problems.
Gray Fox will get his own sword and I can change the effects to match the size of the sword.

yoyox120

Smash Rookie
Putting him over Marth(or any of the other swordsmen for that matter isn't feasible because of the TransN(Snapback problem) and the game freezing when items are grabbed.
MK solves both of these problems.
Gray Fox will get his own sword and I can change the effects to match the size of the sword.
GOOD point there
so regarding my other question about stage textures do you have a clue about it thx mate

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Hmm......

What stage are you trying to replace?
What are you trying to name it?
What file are you trying to replace it with?

Edit: About his size: I just scale HipN's X,Y, and Z to 1.14 which will give you his correct size over MK.
This makes his hurtboxes bigger too, but not much.
Sometimes it's a tad bigger than his body.
I don't know why.

Fen__

Smash Ace
GOOD point there
so regarding my other question about stage textures do you have a clue about it thx mate
This is not the help forum, nor is it even a thread related to stage hacks. As I said on the last page when you first started asking questions, go to the Help forum, located here.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Ooooh.
Progress was going nicely until I encountered a funky visual glitch the causes the screen to spaz out.
Let me explain.
When i put the FitMetaknight.pac file in, the glitch doesn't happen.
When I put in the FitMetaknightMotionEtc.pac file that I recently edited(note that the throw animations or parameters were not touched) I get that funky glitch when I throw.

I made a new motionetc file when I only imported new throws for him and copy-pastea'd almost all of the parameters in PSA.

It doesn't happen on throws anymore(The throws work perfectly now), but now it happens when he gets footstooled.

What's going on????

Edit: The funky glitch didn't happen when getting footstooled when I had no motion file.

Fen__

Smash Ace
What "funky glitch"? Be specific. Polygons stretched across the screen? Going offscreen temporarily?

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Ooooh.
Progress was going nicely until I encountered a funky visual glitch the causes the screen to spaz out.
Let me explain.
When i put the FitMetaknight.pac file in, the glitch doesn't happen.
When I put in the FitMetaknightMotionEtc.pac file that I recently edited(note that the throw animations or parameters were not touched) I get that funky glitch when I throw.

I made a new motionetc file when I only imported new throws for him and copy-pastea'd almost all of the parameters in PSA.

It doesn't happen on throws anymore(The throws work perfectly now), but now it happens when he gets footstooled.

What's going on????

Edit: The funky glitch didn't happen when getting footstooled when I had no motion file.
ThrowN. It controls the opponent's placement during throws and footstooling, and the character's shield position. If it doesn't match up, the grabbed character's polygons screw up. To fix it, fix the bone index of ThrowN to match the original character.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
What "funky glitch"? Be specific. Polygons stretched across the screen?
Bingo.

And thanks for responding.

That would explain why items picked up appear inside his arm.

I used a hex editor to change the index of ThrowN to the correct value and swapped the Extra Bone of that value to the old ThrowN value.

It no longer does that glitch now, but the shield is still tiny.

I'll try simply renaming the bone.......

Rikami

Smash Apprentice
We got any experts on sword glow event here?
the sword glow trail on the character I'm working on comes out white.
Probably some loading error.
But my main concern is that the graphic file is not lining up with the rest of it!!

Here is a picture of what I mean:

Notice how the pink trail does not line up.

Helps?

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I'm having the same issue but didn't do anything yet as I'm almost done with his A moves.
Try to get the updated .txt files from Wiki2PSA.
http://opensa.dantarion.com/wiki/Wiki2PSA
This will give you the updated Sword Glow parameters.
What bone is the glow attached to?
*Looks @ Marth.pac*

Marth's sword glow follows SwordN, which is located at the same bone as RHaveN. Both trail bones are at SwordN.
The Color Value is at 9.
The Blur Length is at 4.
The Z offset for trail 1 is at 1.6 for many attacks.
The Z offset for trail 2 is 10.75 for many attacks.

Rikami

Smash Apprentice
Well I'm trying to keep the project I'm working on under wraps right now.
But all I can say is that it is over Meta Knight and I have copied the sword glow parameters from the character replacing him.
But for some reason it's not working correctly

I feel like it might have something to do with how Meta Knight works.
Since you're getting the same issues and you are also using him.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I noticed that there are animations for some of the effects.
For example, I see Sword effect animations and mdl0s for his Jab,Ftilt,Fsmash,Aerials,Tornado, and Shuttle Loop.
Maybe change the animation?
or the mdl0 bones???
I'll test it out on my Gray Fox.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
Lol Saki

I'd offer to give you the files of what I made, but you're 10x farther than I got so they'll probably be of little use to you.

Rikami

Smash Apprentice
Hey Thanyou :)
Good eye
Yes I'm quite far along now. I started working on him again a few weeks ago after solving some "problems"
I'll have a beta release soon so keep a look out.

Roo525

Smash Ace
Flandre Scarlet super update!? Why yes, and here it is! First off, Super Brawlified texture by Camonsters and DarkshadeDX

Next up, Brawlified wings by DarkshadeDX

And what else? Flandre is now ported over Falco! :confused:
Why? Well, there seems to be twelve other touhou characters being released over peach as well, so why not? Also, here's a video of her "Eh-hem" current moveset...

The texture edits arent in the video. :bee:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPKX02VLwjk

Flandre's coming along nicely if I do say so myself.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Well I'm trying to keep the project I'm working on under wraps right now.
But all I can say is that it is over Meta Knight and I have copied the sword glow parameters from the character replacing him.
But for some reason it's not working correctly
There's your problem. Some Sword Glow parameters include bones to attach the graphic to, so there will definitely be some problems. And after working with it extensively, the only time I've seen it turn white is if you overlap them too much. If you put the glow on an action but don't terminate it afterward, and continue to use that action, the glows will pile up. And the center of the glow is white anyway, for Link and Marth at least.

yoyox120

Smash Rookie
hi i got a problem i have 3.5.1 code and American SSBB ok and i have a softmodded pal wii which was originally NTSC and the problem is when i do texture hacks for characters they work fine but when i do them for a stage they freeze any tips sorry if i wrote this in the wrong place i just cant find anything

KingDryBones

Smash Cadet
Project DHX - Moogle joins the brawl, kupo! (currently looking for members to join)

Moogle joins the brawl looking for people to trick!​

Hello everyone. this is my very first model hack project so i would like anyone who would like to join the project please let me know ok? if you do decide to join, pm me and i'll send you the hexed model and the other files needed so you can help.

Moogle from Chocobo's Dungeon finally moves out of the mysterious dungeons and into the fighting arena... but does he have any fighting knowledge after fighting chocobo in the dungeons?

Moogle will be replacing Mario since i tried with him and it seems to work.
Because of Moogle's size he will be the same speed as T. Link and slightly as light as Kirby.

Moogle's stat chart

attack: 4/10 - because Moogle is mostly a salesman, er monster thing, he doesn't have much strength except when he becomes Dungeon Hero X
defense: 4/10 - he doesn't really have much to defend himself... he mostly relies on items to attack
speed: 6/10 - he's small but speedy! as fast as toon link.

To Do List
look for people to join project
make suitable animations
make a PSA that suits Moogle
fix the puffball on his head... it takes the texture of his opponents instead
model hex his other model costumes for alternate costumes (Dungeon Hero X, Romantic Hero X, Merchant Hero X, Pop-up Hero X)

pictures from the beginning

planned moveset

A = punch
A+A = punch, jab
A+A+A = punch, jab, headbutt
up+A = mini uppercut
side+A = forward slam
down+A = floor paw swipe
Smash up+A = charged upper headbutt
Smash side+A = charged body slam
Smash down+A = don't know yet
all aerial attacks = haven't thought of it yet
B = Mog Ball X
side+B = Mog Punch (chargeable)
up+B = flying take down (he's got wings so why not make them useful?)
down+B = Mog Tornado
Final Smash = Mog Beam X

Fen__

Smash Ace
hi i got a problem i have 3.5.1 code and American SSBB ok and i have a softmodded pal wii which was originally NTSC and the problem is when i do texture hacks for characters they work fine but when i do them for a stage they freeze any tips sorry if i wrote this in the wrong place i just cant find anything
This is like the fifth time you've posted this same thing (in several places throughout the Customized Content forum), and every single time, I've responded to you, directing you to the Help forum, which is dedicated to...you guessed it: help. Go there with your question. Stop posting it in random topics that are unrelated to your problem.

Alonguy

Smash Rookie
Great idea! If I wasn't helping with The Amy Files, I could help!
I'm already making Terra from FF6!

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
NEVER FEAR DUNGEON HERO X IS HEAR KUPO!
I fully support this project i may be able to help.

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
i can't use a computer enough to help but this looks good out of curiosity why does it show sonic's textures right there currently if it's over mario, also i'm not completely sure if you can make a new thread for this or not, it might have to go in the fully new character archive

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
So you really can load ds models then huh.... AWZOME, I have so many ideas planned out man it is gunna BE SO AWSOME... if I werent already working on something.........

KingDryBones

Smash Cadet
@dirtboy345 - reason why the puffball had sonic's textures was p2 was sonic when i was testing him. i did say i had to fix the puffball. also he disappears a lot when he's not in the middle of the stage on pause screen. i have no idea how to fix that.

@GeminiCrossFade - this Moogle is from wii version of Chocobo's Dungeon, not DS version. and once this project is about 90% i'll start another project... another Chocobo's Dungeon character that ppl are familiar with.

Serrix

Smash Journeyman
@dirtboy345 - reason why the puffball had sonic's textures was p2 was sonic when i was testing him. i did say i had to fix the puffball. also he disappears a lot when he's not in the middle of the stage on pause screen. i have no idea how to fix that.

@GeminiCrossFade - this Moogle is from wii version of Chocobo's Dungeon, not DS version. and once this project is about 90% i'll start another project... another Chocobo's Dungeon character that ppl are familiar with.
90% done? Geez, that was fast. You already have his PSA, animations, and extra stuff done?
And as for cosmetics, awwwww crap. I was hopin' he looked more like his KH self... ya' know, with less fur... (meep. Hey, the closest thing to the Final Fantasy genre (that includes Choboco Dungeon for all I know) was Kingdom Hearts... at least it and some of the FF characters were in it...)

KingDryBones

Smash Cadet
@Serrix - no... its not even 50% yet... i meant when it's 90% i'll work on something else. in the meantime, i have only made less than 10% of his animations (most are just his own animations from Chocobo Dungeon game) and i could use help with most of it. plus i need an expert PSA'er cause i suck at PSA.

Serrix

Smash Journeyman
what the heck happened to my thread? who moved it and where is it now?
this is my first project and i aim to complete it! unlike the chocobo project which everyone seemed to ignore...
It seems to be that your thread was moved here to the New Characters thread, due to not much progress, or no download, or something... I'm not sure. And, plz don't forget to edit, not double post.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I'm late I know....
All his A moves animations and hitboxes are done.
I'm trying to find the proper rotation for the Sword Glow.
I got it to follow the sword, but it's like it's lopsided.

Here are some pics.
(When they finish uploading)

An Alpha will be here when the animations are done.
All of MK specail moves work and FS like they used to, only exception is some visibility issues
(Big Deal, it's related to an action in PSA in other, and I can solve it easily)
I'm thinking about what moves to use over them.

About the Glow: So Close...

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
Nice, I've always wanted to work on Grey Fox but could never finish it. Might I suggest using Sheik's sword Fsmash for Grey Fox's Fsmash?

Wait, I just realized that the second picture might be the very Fsmash I am talking about... Anyways, good job hope you finish him soon.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I finished his A moves, ledge stuff, Running, Grabs, Throwing, walking, Jumping, Dodges, Entry, Loss, and damage animations.
I'm doing trivial animations like tripping animations, Swimming animations, and Item Swings and a Taunt.

I have a great idea for a taunt, but it'll take time.

Edit: Swimming and Tripping animations are done.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I'm still having the problem that causes the victim's polygons to stretch all over the screen and also his shield is still very tiny.
Is there a post that details the correct way to hex the bone index??

When I solve this problem, I will be 90% done with the alpha release.

Top Bottom