• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fµlly Nëw Chàrácter Archive

Fen__

Smash Ace
Roo, I hate to break it to you, but her wings' colors aren't random. They follow the visible light color spectrum (ROYGBIV is commonly used to remember the basic way the colors change) with high energy (violet) nearest her and low energy (red) away from her. Or, at least that's the way it is in the reference image you provided. That looks like it's probably fanart, so I don't know if that's the way it actually is in the games (I've never played them). Just thought I'd point that out.

Roo525

Smash Ace
Roo, I hate to break it to you, but her wings' colors aren't random. They follow the visible light color spectrum (ROYGBIV is commonly used to remember the basic way the colors change) with high energy (violet) nearest her and low energy (red) away from her. Or, at least that's the way it is in the reference image you provided. That looks like it's probably fanart, so I don't know if that's the way it actually is in the games (I've never played them). Just thought I'd point that out.
The fanart's depiction of the wings is incorrect. Taken from Flandre's description:

"Arranged from her back to the tip of her wings her 8 crystals are presented as follows: Light Blue, Blue, Purple, Pink, Orange, Yellow, Green and Light Blue again."

I accidentally forgot the solid blue color, but other than that they're correct.

MetaRidley5

Smash Rookie
Wow I would really love to help but all I can do is help with the Texture, and increase her jumps to three
Man I can't wait for this @_@ I love her so much and I would love to use her in Brawl.

Roo525

Smash Ace
Wow I would really love to help but all I can do is help with the Texture, and increase her jumps to three
Man I can't wait for this @_@ I love her so much and I would love to use her in Brawl.
Yeah, except the fact that that entire post I just made was originally a new thread, which was moved here because it's apparently only PSA, which it's not. It's not going to get any publicity here.

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
Yeah, except the fact that that entire post I just made was originally a new thread, which was moved here because it's apparently only PSA, which it's not. It's not going to get any publicity here.
it got moved because of the new rules that you can't make a new topic for a character it's just the things work now it should get fine publicity

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Rules are rules. Your new character didn't meet the criteria for a new thread, plus this thread isn't 100% about PSA projects, since this is generally a thread for model/vertex creations as well. If you want to discuss this further, feel free to PM me.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
(long-@$$ post)
If I wasn't currently working with Roader, I would probably offer my assistance.

... Then again, I have hit a huge problem (again) that I don't know how to get past on my own. So, maybe.

I can do PSA and animating pretty easily, plus I know a number of techniques to get by certain built-in problems (like physics changes in SSE) and the elusive gliding technique.

But, if nothing else, I can do the alternate textures, matching CSPs and stock icons. I don't know why, but a lot of people seem to ignore those, especially the icons. Icing on the hax0r's cake.

<-- examples, for the lulz.

Roo525

Smash Ace
If I wasn't currently working with Roader, I would probably offer my assistance.

... Then again, I have hit a huge problem (again) that I don't know how to get past on my own. So, maybe.

I can do PSA and animating pretty easily, plus I know a number of techniques to get by certain built-in problems (like physics changes in SSE) and the elusive gliding technique.

But, if nothing else, I can do the alternate textures, matching CSPs and stock icons. I don't know why, but a lot of people seem to ignore those, especially the icons. Icing on the hax0r's cake.

<-- examples, for the lulz.
Nice of you to offer to help Razanak. I already have a CSP, name, and all other icons so no help needed there. But you did find out how to preform Gliding? THAT would be a great help!

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Nice of you to offer to help Razanak. I already have a CSP, name, and all other icons so no help needed there. But you did find out how to preform Gliding? THAT would be a great help!
You'll still need all the other colours too along with matching icons. I figured you would have a CSP by now, but it's all the other ones that people tend to skip. I don't know if you have or not, but I'm just sayin'.

Anyway, once the gliding becomes relevant, I can implement it pretty easily, provided there is space for the animation. And fortunately, I recently developed a new method that should make it much smoother than the gliding used by Dark Link.

If you want me to add the gliding now, then send me what you have so far. I should point out, though, I'll need a pretty solid understanding of certain moves so I know what animations can be replaced without problems, and I'll need a pose reference for accuracy's sake.

Roo525

Smash Ace
You'll still need all the other colours too along with matching icons. I figured you would have a CSP by now, but it's all the other ones that people tend to skip. I don't know if you have or not, but I'm just sayin'.

Anyway, once the gliding becomes relevant, I can implement it pretty easily, provided there is space for the animation. And fortunately, I recently developed a new method that should make it much smoother than the gliding used by Dark Link.

If you want me to add the gliding now, then send me what you have so far. I should point out, though, I'll need a pretty solid understanding of certain moves so I know what animations can be replaced without problems, and I'll need a pose reference for accuracy's sake.
I'd rather start the gliding after I add the wings. In the meantime, do you know how to get Starwaffle's Model resizer to work? The readme doesn't make sence to me.

Fen__

Smash Ace
It's fortwaffles' resizer, but it was only made for imported models because they started off with undesirable hurtboxes, so if you scaled the model in PSA, the hurtboxes would scale also, most of the time meaning the previously tiny models could be hit from anywhere on the stage after they were made normal size.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
So that's what it was for.

Question: Is there a way to disable MK's glide?

GF can only use items as MK but will freeze if he enters a gliding animation.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
Well, as I'm sure you all have noticed, I've been on less and less recently, and I've come to the realization that I, just like many others, have no interest left in Brawl hacking, and so this thread will probably never get updated again if I'm the one in charge of doing it. So, if anyone wants to take over this thread, PM me and I'll decide who I want to pass the thread to, and because Bionic Sonic is such an awesomely magical person, he will pass it over to you. But, for me to even consider you, you must have at least semi-good grammar, you must be as active as I used to be (before I let the OP get way behind), and you will have a better chance if I know you well, like Razanak or leafbarrett or n64billy or Angelglory. So PM me if you want the job.

By the way, even though I'm pretty much leaving the hacking scene for good, if anyone has any questions or problems with their character that they need help with, you can PM me and I'll be sure to get back to you within the week.
Repost, since I've only gotten one reply on this. If no one else PMs me about this in the next few days, b2j135 will be taking over the thread.

Fen__

Smash Ace
Had forgotten about that. Was going to ask about it, but b2j has good enough grammar for me to be okay with this. My only concern is that he hasn't posted in this thread in over a month.

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
Got off work early today and look at this...PEOPLE ARE TALKING ABOUT ME!

Had forgotten about that. Was going to ask about it, but b2j has good enough grammar for me to be okay with this. My only concern is that he hasn't posted in this thread in over a month.
Say's who? :confused:

Fen__

Smash Ace
I checked earlier and just checked again to make sure. This is the last time you posted here before today. You're obviously still at least reading the thread if you're not posting, though, considering you responded the day someone mentioned you, so no worries. I just didn't know how active you were.

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
Stalker!
I'm just kidding, yeah now that I think about it...it has been a second before I posted in here but now that I have a set schedule I can start getting on around 12:00am and like right now.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I was working on him too for a while(Check the thread for proof, I had to stop due to his lack of bones), but I work very slowly.
I have textures and animations tailored to his translations, but I'm not ready yet.
I've been mainly testing his animations in fear of a foul-up or snaps.
So far, the animations have been working smoothly with no problems.

BTW, Using 0xB4 via PSA to resize a character increases/decreases the hurtbox more than the model itself, but I think that's been said.

I need to test something BRB.

dpgthirteen

Smash Apprentice
For people looking for an original idea for a character how about a Masked man from mother 3? using a Ness port over Meta knight or keep him over ness and give him wings and just make him glide with a psa?

yoyox120

Smash Rookie
Where can i get a proper naruto to work i got one but the final smash for naruto doenst work

EDIT: Fixed it by the way where do you put the stages like The custom pac files the ones you get from brawl vault

EDIT2: ok found you have to put it in the PF STAGE MELEE but when i try to play them the game freezes , is it neccesary to change the name eg from STGKyuubi.PAC to STGEARTH.PAC can some one point me 2 a tutorial

dpgthirteen

Smash Apprentice
Where can i get a proper naruto to work i got one but the final smash for naruto doenst work

EDIT: Fixed it by the way where do you put the stages like The custom pac files the ones you get from brawl vault

EDIT2: ok found you have to put it in the PF STAGE MELEE but when i try to play them the game freezes , is it neccesary to change the name eg from STGKyuubi.PAC to STGEARTH.PAC can some one point me 2 a tutorial
Yes you need to rename it

yoyox120

Smash Rookie
Umm cheers and by the way i heard that naruto and cloud go over ike but i want them both in the same time so i heard some one has same construction lines as ike so he can be used instead and if that is right what do i do and what do i rename cheers

Fen__

Smash Ace
Umm cheers and by the way i heard that naruto and cloud go over ike but i want them both in the same time so i heard some one has same construction lines as ike so he can be used instead and if that is right what do i do and what do i rename cheers
This forum isn't a place for learning how to operate the hacks, but how to develop them. There's an entire forum dedicated to help. Go there.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
I decided to start working on this again but I really wanted some help with him I was going to make all new animations and moves to fit that of megaman. At this point I olny have bomb throw done for his moveset but I have a moveset planned
neutral B- Mega buster shot a chargeble move you can move around while charging not as strong or big as some charge shots in game

Side B in air- Flame sword megaman pulls out a flame sword that can be swung at enemies

Side B on ground- Bomb Throw Megaman pulls out a bomb and it can be held for a few seconds before being thrown enemies can catch these bombs and throw them back

Down B on ground- Thunder wool megaman makes a cloud of thunder appear and does damage to all that touch it

Down B in air- Tornado blow megaman makes a tornado appear and it knocks back an enemy similer to marios fludd and squritles water gun

Up B in air- item 1 a spring apperaes under megaman and makes him jump high similer to sonics spring jump

Up B on ground- Power stone many stones go around megaman in a circle as a sheild they also do damage

Final smash- meteor rain many meteors attack from above doing massive dammage.

I hope to have some help because my PSA skills are olny sub par anyone that wants to help just ask and I will link a beta moveset.

Lastly I do need ideas for recolors I have so far Megaman, Protoman, And megaman X done and I hope to do bass.
Oh also does anyone want to make his megabuster a bit more better my friend shadow snake that made it could make it but it has some graphical glitches.
Thanks to anyone that decides to help

~Ninka
This is just a PSA and a texture, which does not count as a fully new character.

Roo525

Smash Ace
Flandre Scarlet update! Time to party! Her weapon, theLævateinn, is complete!

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
As I thought.
I managed to disable MK's glide and his ability to glide from Shuttle Loop.

So are Ra-bit[19] and attribute 0x8C related to gliding?
I only see Ra-bit [19] on MK, Charizard, and Pit's midair jumps.
ALso, only MK, Charizard and Pit have a value not zero in 0x8C
Is Ra-bit[19] like saying to begin to open the frame window for gliding???

Edit: Removing Ra-bit[19] from MK's midair jumps seems to remove his ability to glide from his midair jumps.

Edit2: Action 85 is definitely related to gliding.
Changine the references in MK actions 114 and 11D from 85 to 10 prevents him from gliding after his Shuttle loop.
I'm not sure how to make an imported model glide, but w/e.

I'm sticking Gray Fox on MK lol.

I'm building him and so far there are no foul-ups.
If this continues, expect a release at the end of the week. :)

yoyox120

Smash Rookie
As I thought.
I managed to disable MK's glide and his ability to glide from Shuttle Loop.

I'm not sure how to make an imported model glide, but w/e.

I'm sticking Gray Fox on MK lol.

I'm building him and so far there are no foul-ups.
If this continues, expect an alpha at the end of the week. :)
who is MK hope hes a good character unless youre making a moveset

Top Bottom