• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fµlly Nëw Chàrácter Archive

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
Polygon swapping would still be pretty revolutionary, mine really isn't that good.

...I feel like by keeping people guessing, the hype's gonna increase, but then I'm gonna say the answer and then it won't be that good...
Revolutionary? Its been done. Recently.

Hmm...another guess: .........Use his animations and texures so that the bones go straight to the right place without having to swap them? Hmm...then where would the polygons go?

One more guess: Edit the vertices and use his textures/create new textures?

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Since I don't want to keep you waiting, here it is:

Yes, it was that simple.

Fortunately, with my mastery over personal GFX, I was able to add in a wrench for Tails to hold, and was going to make a plane for an up-B or whatever.

...and then maybe the machine that he used in SA2B.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
Well that was hella lot easier than my idea, good job weegee, I hope that it works ingame

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Since I don't want to keep you waiting, here it is:

Yes, it was that simple.

Fortunately, with my mastery over personal GFX, I was able to add in a wrench for Tails to hold, and was going to make a plane for an up-B or whatever.

...and then maybe the machine that he used in SA2B.
Oh hey! I tried that exact thing. Unfortunately it kind of utterly failed, so I'm glad to see someone's doing it properly.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Tails's head and tails are both Sonic's personal GFX.

It works similarly to how Marth got Roy's hair.

But I'm not really a fan of Sonic games; I was gonna surprise you with this amazingness until...it got out too early and I had to reveal how I did it. (Originally, I was gonna post a pic of Tails in-game and then amaze you and keep you guessing.)

So...I really don't know what moves to give Tails.

Right now, I'm trying to get good pics of his plane/walking machine to turn them into personal GFX to use as moves.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
@ Shifter

My plan was to model swap Tails onto an alloy and then remove all the hitboxes from the fitchaacter.pac, which was what I thought was the cause of the crashes associated with model swaps, I wasn't able to finish what I started this morning, and I only got a couple of hitboxes removed, I hadn't even swapped the model yet. (And the reason why Weegee was kinda freaking a little bit was cuz I was doing Tails too XD)

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
Tails's head and tails are both Sonic's personal GFX.

It works similarly to how Marth got Roy's hair.

But I'm not really a fan of Sonic games; I was gonna surprise you with this amazingness until...it got out too early and I had to reveal how I did it. (Originally, I was gonna post a pic of Tails in-game and then amaze you and keep you guessing.)

So...I really don't know what moves to give Tails.

Right now, I'm trying to get good pics of his plane/walking machine to turn them into personal GFX to use as moves.
Oh, I thought you combined the models in BrawlBox, considering I saw the full model in the previewer, or did you preview the actual Tails model?

@ Shifter

My plan was to model swap Tails onto an alloy and then remove all the hitboxes from the fitchaacter.pac, which was what I thought was the cause of the crashes associated with model swaps, I wasn't able to finish what I started this morning, and I only got a couple of hitboxes removed, I hadn't even swapped the model yet. (And the reason why Weegee was kinda freaking a little bit was cuz I was doing Tails too XD)
No, the cause of the crashes is from the lack of bones.

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
Hey Shifter, please add me to the list for these following characters. Just toss all them at the bottom of the list.

Primid - Red Alloy (Machinima only)
Nagagog - Blue Alloy (Machinima only)
Armight - Yellow Alloy (Machinima only)
Teckin - Green Alloy (Machinima only)
Auroros - Yellow Alloy (Machinima only)
Feyesh - Green Alloy (Machinima only)

I will be releasing a beta of all of these characters (Except for Primid over Olimar) as soon as I release episode 1 of my Machinima. Once again, I am still looking for voice actors as well, so go look at this video. Even if you are not interested, if you could help spread the video around, then that would be great.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
Hey Shifter, please add me to the list for these following characters. Just toss all them at the bottom of the list.

I will be releasing a beta of all of these characters (Except for Primid over Olimar) as soon as I release episode 1 of my Machinima. Once again, I am still looking for voice actors as well, so go look at this video. Even if you are not interested, if you could help spread the video around, then that would be great.
Just add them for the Machinima? Alright, but...why?

StarWaffle

Smash Lord

Remember, you can always use me ;)

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
Remember, you can always use me ;)
It doesn't help if I have no voice samples.

Just add them for the Machinima? Alright, but...why?
Regardless of the fact that they are purely being designed for Machinima, it does not mean that they do not suit the criteria of this topic. They are each getting a standard moveset and if someone wanted to build off them they could...

Actually screw it. I really just needed some content to the post. That was really my way of saying, look at my video, I need more auditions.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
And me, I'm releasing a beta nagagog pretty soon, it'll have a few functional attacks as well as some other animations.

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
I agree. If there is no intention of completing them, I don't see why anyone would download them. Unless, of course, they are doing their own Machinima, I guess.
I never said I wasn't completing them. They are going to be complete as far as a standard moveset goes, but I have no intention of giving them specials.

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
With lyn, there is a walk stop walk stop walk stop glitch going on. I think I saw how to fix it somewhere but I don't know where that was. Can anybody help?

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Pics for Tails! (sorry to be so off-topic)

Tails joins the Brawl! And he comes with a wrench!

"Now, who said I was impossible?"

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
...it was the only way I could do it. It's part of a long, complicated, GFX story...

Anyway, I can't think of a moveset. Can someone helpz?

(and his head and tails have the same texture problem as the Devil).

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
movetset? *ears perk up*

up b is obvs helicopter tail

ummm there should be a move where he picks someone up flies up and then drops them, kind of like bowsers side b

he also needs a spin dash attack like sonics but slower but maybe more priority?

side b- similar to ikes/zeros propels himself fowards using his tails, chargeable. creates wind knowback from behind him the more you charge the stronger the air blast. could also deflect projectiles but only from behind

bleh i cant think of any good ones

brawlshifter

Smash Lord

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Did you swap him with the new BrawlBox, or an older version?
...the new one. Then I asked Kryal and did what he said, and it still was messed up.:dizzy:

Anyway, I'm working on a Silver counterpart to give to someone else who needs a Silver ('cuz I'm not doing him).

Here's my Silver body:

Does it look accurate?

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
Does it look accurate?
Compare to the brawl model of silver-

The rings need to be gold
The purple on his shoes should be black
And the white on his shoes should be gray

Looks good though

Side note:
Got a Beta or an alpha or w/e you want to call it based on what I'm about to say for Lyn: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=1adf6744a7f7dabfe62ea590dc5e5dbbdb2e16022b1fe9f4480654b192e70f3f

I did/edited animations for walk 1-4, walk slow,walk middle,walk fast, run, dash,dash attack, attack 11(A attack.She only has 1 A attack.), forward smash, side smash, down smash, and F-Air.

The current animations are like outlines. They work but they are not refined. When I get all of the animations done, I will go back and make each one look better.
Also when walking/running there is a wierd bug that causes her to move then stop for a split second then go again. And it loops like that.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
...the new one. Then I asked Kryal and did what he said, and it still was messed up.:dizzy:

Anyway, I'm working on a Silver counterpart to give to someone else who needs a Silver ('cuz I'm not doing him).

Here's my Silver body:

Does it look accurate?
I really don't see why you don't use your technique for the whole body, instead of just the head and tail.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
I've kinda been thinking, should a "new character' be defined as just a model swap? What if someone used animations to turn the character into something completely different, with animations and an original moveset to boot.

Then again, it is the "Fully new" archive. Too bad though, there was a side project I would like to add in, but it doesn't really count.

It's kind of like COG from way back... but about 12 times more awesome.

http://i322.photobucket.com/albums/nn422/Razanak7/robrocket.jpg

In other news, on Friday, I did a presentation to my Electrotech class about my hacks as part of my best assignment ever I spoke of earlier. It was awesome.

With lyn, there is a walk stop walk stop walk stop glitch going on. I think I saw how to fix it somewhere but I don't know where that was. Can anybody help?
Keyframe TransN in every frame.

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
I've kinda been thinking, should a "new character' be defined as just a model swap? What if someone used animations to turn the character into something completely different, with animations and an original moveset to boot.

Then again, it is the "Fully new" archive. Too bad though, there was a side project I would like to add in, but it doesn't really count.

It's kind of like COG from way back... but about 12 times more awesome.

http://i322.photobucket.com/albums/nn422/Razanak7/robrocket.jpg

In other news, on Friday, I did a presentation to my Electrotech class about my hacks as part of my best assignment ever I spoke of earlier. It was awesome.

Keyframe TransN in every frame.
Your skills have surpassed that of a deity. That picture is full of epic win.

Thank's for the bug fix.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Your skills have surpassed that of a deity. That picture is full of epic win.

Thank's for the bug fix.
Wow, I didn't expect such high praise, thanks.

Oh, and this is just the beginning. Just you wait until you see what I have in store for this guy.

make this now razanak7!!!!!!!
I have been working on it all day, and a good chunk of it's animations are done (including a perfectly operational and movable shield).

EDIT: w00t, post 150.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord

*Sigh* Did you not see what I just posted?

Notice how a long time ago I changed the requirements from "a model swap" to "a model".
Besides, I told you a long time ago that things like COG were okay.

*Checks picture* That would be a bad*** replacement for the Super Scope, or some other gun. Some slight animation changes and you have a chaingun.

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
Anyway, I can't think of a moveset. Can someone helpz?
B^ should be the copter of course. Maybe add an effect that reflects upwards due to the tails spinning ( like if somebody throws a bomb down at you while your trying to recover.)

For B neutral id use the tail spin from Sonic Adventure, pressing B more prolongs the spin & lets you move side to side. (Basically mk's tornado but stays on the ground and not cheap as hell)

I'd keep Bv the same as Sonic's unless you change speed or power

For B> I'd put in the bomb throw from Tail's Adventure (his only true solo excursion). While propelling he can drop them straight down. Other options would be any of his various arm cannons from Sonic Battle. My favorite, though idk how you'd do it is the giant extnsion chord from Sonic Riders. I suppose any of these could go for neutral B as well.

Smash> Hammer essentially identical to Popo's in animation, once agian ala Tail's Adventure. Side A midair would work like Kirby's side B from Melee.

Since you gave him a wrench I suppose a lot of his smash attacks will deal with that, although personally i'd remove it.

LSDX

Wah!

I say if you do a Silver PSA and he goes over Sonic, make his run Sonic's walk; it'd be only fitting.

Top Bottom