• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fµlly Nëw Chàrácter Archive

LSDX

Wah!
Not a problem. I didn't really get the gist of what you were going for based on the video, the voices were really low... :p

I haven't found that yet, but I would guess that it's in the PAC for the results screen.
I've checked a re-checked three times prior to this conversation, and nothing.

As for a beta release... I can't say for sure. Right now I'm trying to work around a big glitch with his animations. I have an idea on what will fix it, but I'm not positive.

EDIT: w00t, fixed it. It turns out the problem was an event in PSA, which was making his feet become horribly mangled. Kind of random, if you ask me.

So, to anyone else working with Olimar; if animations glitch, try removing event 18000100: 0-6.
Good sh¡t son, keep at it. We're all looking forward to seeing your work.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Hm... another inconvenience. When Meta picks up an item, he doesn't go to WaitItem, but uses Wait1 instead. I've checked his moveset and the animation is where it should be... I'm stumped. It can probably be worked around if totally necessary, but if someone has insight on how to fix this, then let me know.

melic67

Smash Cadet

LSDX

Wah!
Isaac update... I fixed a few of his animations. Only like a total of 5 or 6 but here it is. He is coming along pretty well, even though it takes a while for a single animation. I plan on making him less zelda like in the next few weeks. http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=1c8baa359218ed156f98eed409d4fdc4aeb9022ac23318651f366ebd7d4fa43d
I'll be sure to check this out tonight and tell you my thoughts. Thanks.

[edit] I see multiples of the same file: fitzakogirl.pac, fitzakogirl (2).pac. Do I use them both?

How did you get Spanish? You lucky *******.
It's not spanish, it's alt+[key]. So like for a Mac, here are some examples:

Alt +:

v = √
g = ©
1 = ¡
Y = Á
y = ¥
2 = ™

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
It's not spanish, it's alt+[key]. So like for a Mac, here are some examples:

Alt +:

v = √
g = ©
1 = ¡
Y = Á
y = ¥
2 = ™
Oh, I didn't know those worked on this website. I knew they did in Microsoft Word, but not here. Good to know.

EDIT: Wow, epic fail on a Windows 7. Alt+v brought down the View window, Alt+g did nothing, Alt+1 brought me to the top of the page, and the rest did nothing.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Thanks again to Bionic Sonic for unlocking the thread!
That was the funniest video I have ever seen in my life! Favorited! Also, how's cBrawl coming along? I haven't heard about that for a while.

Oh, I couldn't think of anything else to replace, so I stopped.

If you want it, I could put up a download.

Has anyone tried the specials code yet?
I can't move on with the Devil until I figure out what's wrong...

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Good news/bad news.

The good news is, the transition from Alloy to Olimar was a success. I did a couple placeholders for win and lose poses, and transferred all of his current animations. They all work fine.

Now, the bad news.

His textures won't work. Apparently, even though Olimar has six, Meta will still only load his first texture. Which is weird, because Olimar's little glow thingy still changes.

And I got all of his textures almost complete, too. :(

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
By textures, you mean alternate colors, right? Did you put Meta's model onto each of Olimar's alt color .pacs & .pcs'?

LSDX

Wah!
Oh, I didn't know those worked on this website. I knew they did in Microsoft Word, but not here. Good to know.

EDIT: Wow, epic fail on a Windows 7. Alt+v brought down the View window, Alt+g did nothing, Alt+1 brought me to the top of the page, and the rest did nothing.
On a Mac buddy. Lawl.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
¡™£¢∞§¶•ªº–≠œ∑®†¥øπ“‘«åß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬…æΩ≈ç√∫µ≤≥÷

I've gotta get a keyboard that has those on the keys in another colour…

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
Oh, I couldn't think of anything else to replace, so I stopped.
You seemed really determined at first.

¡™£¢∞§¶•ªº–≠œ∑®†¥øπ“‘«åß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬…æΩ≈ç√∫µ≤≥÷

I've gotta get a keyboard that has those on the keys in another colour…
Lucky *******...

EDIT: Oh wait, now I can just copy and paste when I want to use those. Thanks! About to be sigged.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Good news/bad news.

The good news is, the transition from Alloy to Olimar was a success. I did a couple placeholders for win and lose poses, and transferred all of his current animations. They all work fine.

Now, the bad news.

His textures won't work. Apparently, even though Olimar has six, Meta will still only load his first texture. Which is weird, because Olimar's little glow thingy still changes.

And I got all of his textures almost complete, too. :(
:( Did you rename them?

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
Hah, you actually sigged that... wow. I skipped the accents because they combine with the vowels so...
`ÀàÈèÌìÒòÙù´ÁáÉéÍíÓóÚú¨ÄäËëÏïÖöÜüˆÂâÊêÎîÔôÛû
Why did I do that. Waste of time...

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
Hah, you actually sigged that... wow. I skipped the accents because they combine with the vowels so...
`ÀàÈèÌìÒòÙù´ÁáÉéÍíÓóÚú¨ÄäËëÏïÖöÜüˆÂâÊêÎîÔôÛû
Why did I do that. Waste of time...
Heck yeah I sigged that. And no, that wasn't a waste of time, adding now.

EDIT: Done, and now we are in the Fµlly New Character Archive.:cool:

EDIT2: Hey Bionic, who cares about triangle when you've got ∆.

EDIT3: I love those things, thanks AMKalmar!!!

EDIT4: Scratch my first edit, we are now in the Fµlly Nëw Chàrácter Archive. Too much?

LSDX

Wah!
Heck yeah I sigged that. And no, that wasn't a waste of time, adding now.

EDIT: Done, and now we are in the Fµlly New Character Archive.:cool:

EDIT2: Hey Bionic, who cares about triangle when you've got ∆.

EDIT3: I love those things, thanks AMKalmar!!!
Ån∂ †ø †h¡nk ¡ ©Øµ∫∂'√∑ ß∑∑n ån h∑®ø ¡ƒ ¡ jµ§† pø§†∑∂ m¥ HTML ƒ¡®§†... ;_;

n64billy

Smash Ace
Progress updates time! Whats the status on everyones projects?
Dugtrio - Haven't worked on him in a long time... His run and standing are done, I'm still to do the rest of the animations and PSA.... not sure if I should move him off of lucas and onto an Alloy now that there are specials codes, what do you guys think?

Electivire - Paused. He has a wait 1 and 2 animation, and the first 20 frames of a detailed walkfast animation... there is a problem with the texture on his ankle...

Bulbin - Paused. Nothing done besides importing his standard textures into the pac.

toddtj

Smash Apprentice
Dugtrio - Haven't worked on him in a long time... His run and standing are done, I'm still to do the rest of the animations and PSA.... not sure if I should move him off of lucas and onto an Alloy now that there are specials codes, what do you guys think?

Electivire - Paused. He has a wait 1 and 2 animation, and the first 20 frames of a detailed walkfast animation... there is a problem with the texture on his ankle...

Bulbin - Paused. Nothing done besides importing his standard textures into the pac.
Frankly, I'd be fine with losing Lucas for Dugtrio. No offense meant, of course, but why not make it as easy to complete as possible? I'm not experienced with PSA, but I can confidently assume that using Lucas' preprogrammed ability to use specials, shield, edge grabbing, etc, would be much less likely to lead to frustration, which leads to hiatus, which leads to abandonment. I'd be quite sad to see things come to that- Dugtrio is definitely one of the best ideas currently being worked on and I'm really looking forward to playing as him.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
Hey Bionic, who cares about triangle when you've got ∆.
That is delta. A Greek letter used to represent change in math.

Scratch my first edit, we are now in the Fµlly Nëw Chàrácter Archive. Too much?
Well, if someone who speaks a language that actually uses those reads it, it might look funny. Other than that, ridiculous. Not nearly as bad as some msn names I've seen.

Ån∂ †ø †h¡nk ¡ ©Øµ∫∂'√∑ ß∑∑n ån h∑®ø ¡ƒ ¡ jµ§† pø§†∑∂ m¥ HTML ƒ¡®§†... ;_;
That's worse than 1337! Ugh...

smashmaniac2008

Smash Journeyman
`¡™£¢∞§¶•ªº–≠œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπ“‘«åß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬…æΩ≈ç√∫˜µ≤≥÷`⁄€‹›fifl‡°·‚—±Œ„´‰ˇÁ¨ˆØ∏”’»ÅÍÎÏ˝ÓÔÒÚƸ˛Ç◊ı˜Â¯˘¿
looks at what i gots on my keyboard lol.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I'm all for toying around with ASCII, but keep it in the social thread

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
I'm all for toying around with ASCII, but keep it in the social thread
Right.

Yes, I'd like a progress report of Ridley, Little Mac, Gardevoir, and Lyn.
Ridley has been talked about already, I sent a PM to TheComrade weeks ago asking him about Little Mac, and I haven't gotten a response, and no one is working on Lyn.

Progress = screeching halt on Gardevoir. I can't get anything but crashes anymore, and it pisses me off that I don't have the slightest idea why.
That sucks. What animaions did you mess with right before the crashes?

felixsrg

Smash Cadet
I tried to move Isaac from blue Alloy to Olimar but my PSA freeze in the side B move, anyone have an idea of what could be happening?

I tried to make the alloys B moves but it freezes too so I don't know how to continue.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
I tried to move Isaac from blue Alloy to Olimar but my PSA freeze in the side B move, anyone have an idea of what could be happening?

I tried to make the alloys B moves but it freezes too so I don't know how to continue.
Ok, so I think the problem is in the specials code, then.

...I'll try to fix it.

Top Bottom